PDA

View Full Version : traveling dieting for a show

figure_22
06-17-2009, 12:21 PM
When dieting for a show and traveling on a plane...how do you pack your food? Seperate cooler with ice packs? Dry ice??

tammyp
06-17-2009, 01:48 PM
you cant take ice packs on a carry on. i have a huge ll bean duffle and pack my soft cooler inside. i also freeze all my meat so i have that extra security. i put everything in zip locks, rice veggies....so far all has been good.

LuckyDog
06-17-2009, 02:11 PM
What Tammy said is pretty much what I do. I carry on that days food or at least the meals I feel will safely get me to my destination. Freeze the rest and check it in a soft cooler. I've started grocercy shopping when I get to a venue versus lugging so much stuff too.

figure_22
06-17-2009, 05:27 PM
I was going to check my food. No time to stop at a grocery store, get picked up from the airport and head straight to work until 11pm up at 5am. I will check to see if a microwave is in the room so I can freeze my food. Thanks. I usually stick to the packets of tuna and also bring protein powder but want to bring whole food this time.

Suzanne
06-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I buy a hot/cold bag for $3 freeze some fridge some then throw in bag throw in checked bag the stuff stays totally frozen

i do for all my travel

uyou can also put in carry on cuz needs no ice packs

MsGuns
06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I buy a hot/cold bag for $3 freeze some fridge some then throw in bag throw in checked bag the stuff stays totally frozen

i do for all my travel

uyou can also put in carry on cuz needs no ice packs

where do you get this hot/cold bags?

Suzanne
06-17-2009, 09:08 PM
where do you get this hot/cold bags?

sams/walmart
jewel/osco grocery store