PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

CCOLE35
02-24-2013, 11:39 AM
I am currently 7 weeks out from a mens physique comp looking for some advice.
I am 20yo, 5'10''1/2 currently weighing 210 my body fat is around 10 percent.
Training:
monday- Chest/Tri, Abs
tuesday- Back/Bi, Abs
wednesday- Legs, Abs
thursday- Chest, Abs
friday- Back, Abs
Sat - Shoulders/Tri, Abs
Sunday- rest
Along with my training I currently am doing 30-45 min of stairmaster a day. I iam running a keto diet with my refeed sunday night.
Any advice would be great this is my first time competing. Thanks

tammyp
02-24-2013, 01:37 PM
from a judges point of view you are behind for 7 weeks out. i personally dont think you will be stage ready in 7 weeks unless you majorly step up your game.

CCOLE35
02-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Step up my game as in more cardio ? Or other areas as well?
thanks

airagee23
02-24-2013, 04:32 PM
You look higher than 10% too

tammyp
02-24-2013, 04:49 PM
tighten diet up. i have no idea what your doing so i cant tell you really. you have a fair amount of BF to lose in 7 weeks.

swingslammer
02-24-2013, 05:35 PM
I saw this earlier and did not want to hurt your feelings but....like it has already been said, you are over 10, I don't know how much but over.

What ever time iti si you are spending working abs EVERY DAY....try some HITT cardio in those spots instead. Post up a typical days food here too. Thanks, Cal

Hoss06
02-24-2013, 06:31 PM
whats your diet like? Im not going to sugarcoat this b/c I'm not Willy Wonka; I would pick another show....dieting for the one you plan on you may end up losing muscle for dieting too quick...

Lyle7289
02-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Diet is key brother. I noticed the tat on your chest..Semper Fi Marine! A safe target is losing .5% BF a week. Of course, you can loose more but a half percent a week is safe and you can protect your muscle mass with that target.
I choose a 7-8% BF goal. From there I would determine if I needed to loose more or gain. I started at about 15% and I think that is more realisticly where you sit judging by your pics. Its OK and by no means am I slamming the hard work you put in thus far....As a Marine I know your determination and dedication so staying on point should not be a problem for you.

Anyway, if your a around 15% and you have a target of 7-8%, that is a delta of 7%. 7% delta X 0.5% BF loss per week would make your prep around 14 weeks. 14 weeks sounds like a lot of time and it is to some but hear me know, believe me later that this time will come and go faster than you think. I know you want to show off your hard work and my hats off to you for choosing to compete. If you are like me, you want to give yourself the best chance at doing well up there and wont settle for second best!

Good luck to you Devil Dog!

Lyle7289
02-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Diet is key brother. I noticed the tat on your chest..Semper Fi Marine! A safe target is losing .5% BF a week. Of course, you can loose more but a half percent a week is safe and you can protect your muscle mass with that target.
I choose a 7-8% BF goal. From there I would determine if I needed to loose more or gain. I started at about 15% and I think that is more realisticly where you sit judging by your pics. Its OK and by no means am I slamming the hard work you put in thus far....As a Marine I know your determination and dedication so staying on point should not be a problem for you.

Anyway, if your a around 15% and you have a target of 7-8%, that is a delta of 7%. 7% delta X 0.5% BF loss per week would make your prep around 14 weeks. 14 weeks sounds like a lot of time and it is to some but hear me know, believe me later that this time will come and go faster than you think. I know you want to show off your hard work and my hats off to you for choosing to compete. If you are like me, you want to give yourself the best chance at doing well up there and wont settle for second best!

BTW, if you can manage it, I would highly recommend a coach for your first prep. I could not have done mine by my self.

AndrewBuk
03-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Like many others have commented, definitely not at 10% BF in the photos. It would be key to know what your diet looks like and what is your supplement routine?
Personally I have a slightly different view when it comes to saying "you should not compete at this show". As long as you are realistic in your expectations of the results, I feel it would still be beneficial for you to go through with your prep and to step on stage. Confidence on stage is key and each show helps to build this for you.

vjtrainer
03-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey Bro, I agree mostly with all the other replies to your post.. You do look more than 10% body fat, and it looks like you need more than 7 weeks to be ready. You do need to tighten up your diet and increase your cardio.. Possibly doing cardio twice a day at 45-60 mins.. Watch cutting too drastically bcause you may loose some muscle mass in the process and look smaller and not too full when you cab load before the show. The safe route is to cut about a .5 of fat a week, if your losing more than that a week, your losing some of your muscle mass in the process, so you either need to change your diet or cut back on the cardio if that is the case.

David Lees
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM

BTW, if you can manage it, I would highly recommend a coach for your first prep. I could not have done mine by my self.

OP, some great advice here from Lyle and thank you BOTH for your service to our great country.

I'll throw in my 2 cents and reiterate that DIET should be your number one priority, followed by proper training and cardio and finally proper supplementation. Can't stress enough that if your diet is not in order first and foremost, EVERYTHING else you do will be negatively affected and you'll be fighting an uphill battle.