PDA

View Full Version : Fat Burners

v1hyp
06-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey Ladies,

The wife has asked me to find a good FB for her. She says doesn't mind to rush she gets from it but to play it safe could you plz recommend both types (one with & one with out the caffeine rush).

Thanks
V1

SallyAnne
06-17-2009, 08:09 PM
I have a couple of favorites:

#1 - the new Hyperdrive by ALRI
#2 - Cardio Breeze by ANAFIT

I have not tried any non-stim versions, but Species and ALRI both make non-stim versions. I've tried a lot of ALRI & Species products and have never been disappointed. You'd be safe with either.

GetLean
06-17-2009, 11:04 PM
You could look into Phat Girl Nutrition, it is a women ran company, and I heard that they have a good fat burner for women.

Z33ACV2
06-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Metheldryne is a good stimulated fat burner... Species' non stims fat burners are good too.

Sistersteel
06-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi-Tech's Lipodrene is a pretty good fat burner and appetite suppressant. I also recommend VPX's Redline serum.

As for non-stimulant supplements most effective for overall fat loss, here are some good suggestions:

Tribulus Terrestris Increases the levels of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the body. This then stimulates production of testosterone, allowing inhibited fat storage and promotion of muscle growth.
(http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muc.html)
Mucuna Pruriens can increase production of human growth hormone, which will help in building lean mass and thus overall body fat percentage loss. It may also support testosterone levels.

Sesamin a natural lignan that acts as an activator at certain receptors that create enzymes involved in the oxidation of fatty acids. Taking sesamin will increase the oxidation of fat as well as inhibit a lipogenic, or fat storing, enzyme.

Green Tea Extract decreases dietary fat absorption as well as increases hormones that suppress appetite. It also has been shown to decrease the activity of a glucose transporter in fat tissue, but increasing its activity in muscle. There is also a thermogenic component that reportedly increases metabolism by about 4%. Green tea does contain low levels of the mild stimulant, caffeine, but most extracts claim no increased heart rate or jittery side effects. There are green tea extract products available that are labeled caffeine free.

Bocopa Minnieri Increases the concentration of a thyroid hormone, resulting in increased metabolism.

Forslean (Coleus Forshohlii) mimics effect of TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), thus stimulating metabolic increase.

Chromium may help stabilize blood sugar and insulin, a hormone that draws glucose into cells. A stable level of insulin leaves less chance that glucose will be drawn into fat.

L-Carnitine is an amino acid that helps liver and muscle retain glycogen, the stored form of glucose (sugar). Logic would tell us that it's better to have it in these short term storage areas than in fat, the body's long term storage. L-Carnitine also may help fat metabolism. Acetyl-L-Carnitine is superior in terms of bioavailability.
Chitosan inhibits fat absorption in the intestines. There are reports that 30-40% of dietary fat is absorbed with chitosan, and the rest is eliminated. This obviously helps reduce calorie consumption.

Probiotics/Bacteria ~ These aid in the healthy digestion of fats and vitamins. One example is lactobacillus acidophilus, found in yogurts. The body gets a lot of these only from foods, so supplements may help.

Choline ~ Essential for the process of breaking down fat for energy.

Inositol ~ Plays a role in breakdown of fats.

Methionine ~ Lipotropic that helps with breakdown of fat during metabolism.

Betaine ~ Another lipotropic substance.

Hydroxycytric Acid ~ Studies have shown it to reduce appetite and inhibit fat production.

Pyruvate ~ Increases cellular respiration, the amount of energy cells have available for use. It is known to start the Krebs cycle, an energy cycle that yields this ATP energy. Pyruvate may also help burn fat.

Hoodia Gordonii ~ A type of cactus. Promising results have shown it to be a good natural appetite suppressant.

7-Keto ~ Increases metabolic rate by means of manipulating the thyroid gland.

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) ~ A fatty acid that may play a role in the energy expenditure, oxidation of fat, and fat storage. A study in animals found a lean mass increase even with less food intake.

Guggulsterones ~ Comes from a tree and stimulates the thyroid gland, leading to more fat being burned and less stored.

5 HTP ~ A precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that plays a role in appetite among other things, like sleep. May have unwanted effects since neurotransmitters play a role in many bodily functions.

Phase 2 (Phaseolamin) ~ Derived from white kidney beans. It neutralizes an enzyme involved in starch digestion. This will basically reduce the available calories from consumed starches.

***So what you want to do when searching would be to look for products with many ingredients from the four categories listed above:***

Lipotropics - Help digestion. Can include vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
Thermogenics - Increase metabolism, often by stimulating the thyroid gland. Be careful as some may also be stimulants.
Hormonal Regulators - Prevent fat storage and promote lean mass.
Appetite Suppressant - Keeps food consumption down without the pains of hunger. The use of these will make "calorie blockers" unnecessary since overall consumption is lower anyway. Suppressants may also be better for psychological reasons like not having to stress out or worry that a "calorie blocking" pill is doing its job correctly.

SS

Lee Penman
06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
ULTRA-LEAN by DND labs if you like the stimulant effects. LIPOLYZE and SOMALYZE from Species Nutrition if you want to avoid the overly hyped feeling.

v1hyp
06-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks all for your input!!

BadAssBarbie
06-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Lypolize
Venom

Belinda Benn
06-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Wow great knowledge here, thanks to everyone for sharing. For those that have used fat burners, do you feel that your body builds up a resistance over time? Do you find that post leaning out the fat accumulates more rapidly in the hard to lose areas?
Thanks!
Belinda

AngelinaBella
07-06-2009, 02:06 PM
I am using Lcarnitine liquid by now sports, cla, and lipo6 black...what are your feelings on these..in 2 months i def see a change in my figure..thanks so much :bowdown:

figurebre
07-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I have used a ton...
-Lipodrene
-Barracudas
-Lipo 6
-Redline drinks are tasty and energizing
-Venom
-Cellucor

v1hyp
07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
picked up some BetaStax by BioQuest a week ago, will let you know how it works

LauraW
08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I use Lipo 6 hers and love it!

Tatyana
08-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow great knowledge here, thanks to everyone for sharing. For those that have used fat burners, do you feel that your body builds up a resistance over time? Do you find that post leaning out the fat accumulates more rapidly in the hard to lose areas?
Thanks!
Belinda

The high caffeine fat burners seemed to have me put more fat on my stomach afterwards, the whole cortisol-insulin thing.

If I use any fat burners again, I will either use caffeine based ones sparingly, or not at all.

HOTTGYMDIVA
08-29-2009, 10:48 PM
SciFit's Thermogen II EFXTM WILL ROCK HER WORLD!!!!! It does mine!!! That stuff is potent!!

v1hyp
08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Once again thanks ladies for the input

jgrxmuscle
08-30-2009, 02:00 AM
I recently started taking a product called Voodoo.It's made by Reation Nutrition. I have low tolerances, so she shouldn't have a problem with the stimulants being too strong. I really like it, no nausea, jittery feeling. Some appetite control. Recommend it to my girls. :)

v1hyp
08-30-2009, 08:33 AM
I recently started taking a product called Voodoo.It's made by Reation Nutrition. I have low tolerances, so she shouldn't have a problem with the stimulants being too strong. I really like it, no nausea, jittery feeling. Some appetite control. Recommend it to my girls. :)

Will look it up.Thanks

lesterace
07-26-2011, 08:40 AM
The only Fat Burners I've knew is the supp. Slender Factor. Aside with Fat Burning Support, many fitness experts told that it was also designed to be part of a weight control program that will cater in appetite control within one's body.

sassy69
07-26-2011, 11:39 AM
The only Fat Burners I've knew is the supp. Slender Factor. Aside with Fat Burning Support, many fitness experts told that it was also designed to be part of a weight control program that will cater in appetite control within one's body.

Isn't this what all of them say?

The Prodigy
07-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Species Lipolyze and Somolyze!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yep:

Florentyna
03-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Walking, Sprinting and adding hills or an incline can burn 180 calories in 30 minutes,
Bicycling and Swimming of 30 minutes can burn 400 to 500 calories......

sduque
03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I have used different brands:JetfuelHemo RageLipodrene yellow -ephedraEvoMy body pretty much can take ephedra and my endurance is good. I know once the body is used to one I tend to move on to something else for a better reaction.

ksenyhc
03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Do any women on here, use the peptide HGH FRAG 176-191? My girl wants to use it but dont know much about it and dosage.

Woahhitsniicole
04-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Oxyelite pro is prety good. I took it last summer and it gave me a ton of energy and I lost 14 pounds in a month and a half.

cupcaake81
05-10-2012, 06:21 AM
oxyelite pro literally shreds of the abdominal fat.. like whoa

TheDarkHalf
05-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Recreate is a nice low stim option and non-stim fat burners such as lean xtreme and alpha-t2 would be great as well

Janna87
09-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the info given!
It's really very interesting.
Hope to find some more helpful info in here.

Dr.V.P.C.
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
IMO is fasted workout with caffeine + yoihimbine + L-tirosine pre workout to boost adrenergic pathway .

anyastar
11-24-2012, 10:03 PM
BSN Hiper shred. Good stuff. Works great. I usually have sleep problems if i take any kind of fat burners, when i take this one it doesn't affect on my sleep, but works good