PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of hiring a coach for first NPC Physique Compeyition

omarwilliams
03-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi all,
I am about 18 weeks out from my first tentative competition and I am just lost in the whole experience. Having said that, I am thinking about hiring a coach. I just wanted to know what the pros and cons of doing so were. Any advice is helpful!

TonyElTigre
03-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Well the good thing about having a coach is that you will have someone with
experience teaching you the right way to train the bad thing about hiring a coach
is that you have to pay for the service. IF your budget is tight then don't do it bro

AndrewBuk
03-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Omar, to be honest, if you are planning to do a show you truly are best off hiring a coach! This definitely is an investment, but one that is well worth the money (of course, as long as you are able to afford it). One thing you have to make sure of though, is that you find a coach that has experience with prepping competitors for a show. There are many trainers out there that will tell you they can get you ready for the stage, only because they have done a show themselves.
I can tell you from my own experience, that I am prepping for my fourth show at the end of April, plus I am a Fitness Manager/Personal Trainer, but I am still with my coach that I have started with since the beginning. The main reason, is that he knows what he's doing and he has lots of experience prepping competitors for the stage. He has had numerous clients that have placed very high in competitions, as well as even developed a number of IFBB Pros!
Personally, this is the type of experience I would recommend you search for when hiring a coach! I know I am not looking for someone that can just push me in the gym. I know that I have excellence guidance when it comes to workouts, nutrition and supplements that are effective and especially for me that are clean to use for a tested event!

Lyle7289
03-12-2013, 09:55 AM
I totally agree with Andrew. I could not have done this prep without my coach! Do some research and ask around. There are many out there that claim to be "coaches" but without any references I would shy away from these folks. A coach that has been there and done that and has prepped several athletes would be my choice.