PDA

View Full Version : Its sad to see some get older and rack up losses...

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
06-18-2009, 10:35 AM
It is always sad to see a fighter go past his prime and take some bad losses which taints their otherwise great career.

Tito Ortiz - Lost the first a long time ago and resorts to head games and media hype instead of warrior spirit.

Chuck Liddell - Has lost several in a row and has gotten knocked out cold.

Wanderlei Silva - At one time one of the baddest fighters in the world. These days he just throws bombs and hopes one lands.

Ken Shamrock - Well....what needs to be said there? The guy is in the hall of fame yet he insisted on getting his ass whooped by Ortiz 3 times.

Matt Hughes - I thought he would hold the title forever until GSP embarrased him and hes lost ever since...geez

stephaniewicked
06-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Matt Hughes - I thought he would hold the title forever until GSP embarrased him and hes lost ever since...geez

Not true... he won by decision over Serra a few weeks back. Just barely though...

exit2010
06-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Father time catches everyone. Not many fighters actually go out on top because they always think they can do more and that first loss in long line of upcoming losses feels like a fluke.

It has been said before that fighters need a 12 step recovery program to stop fighting and losing.

Plates
06-18-2009, 12:04 PM
It has been said before that fighters need a 12 step recovery program to stop fighting and losing.

Word!

bringingthehuge
06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Its sad but when one champ falls another one comes up to take his place

Stavman
06-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Randy Couture doesn't fall in this category and he is old as hell.

dublin-lifter
06-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Wanderlei Silva - At one time one of the baddest fighters in the world. These days he just throws bombs and hopes one lands.

ill agree that wanderli is past his prime but he is still one of if not the most entertaining fighter to watch the fight against rich franklin was one of the best fights ive seen in a long time and even do the 2 of them were bashing each others skulls his defense has improved alot he used the clinch a bit and im pretty sure he tried to get rich into a gullatine at one stage wanderli was always a aggersive fighter that came at you throwing bombs but i cant agree with that he just goes in swinging wildly now hoping to connect

gsp could embrass most people look at the beating he gave to bj penn but i wouldnt exactly go calling him washed up
its a bit harsh to call somebody washed up cause gsp beat them
just my thoughts on the matter

Northman
06-19-2009, 02:11 AM
All those fighters are obviously well known, thus they are just fighting for a paycheck, not really fight for a title per se.

chitownmscle
06-28-2009, 04:04 PM
It is always sad to see a fighter go past his prime and take some bad losses which taints their otherwise great career.

Tito Ortiz - Lost the first a long time ago and resorts to head games and media hype instead of warrior spirit.

Chuck Liddell - Has lost several in a row and has gotten knocked out cold.

Ken Shamrock - Well....what needs to be said there? The guy is in the hall of fame yet he insisted on getting his ass whooped by Ortiz 3 times.

Tito Ortiz - once people realized that all he really had was ground and pound they practiced for it and Tito was always so full of himself that he never bother to train to bring up his weak points

Chuck Liddell - well father time does eventually catch up. still one of my all time favorites.

Silva - Feared yes, now who knows what happened, it's like he just dropped dramatically.

Matt Hughes - Well to get knocked out by GSP considering what GSP has done since that fight isn't so bad. The Hughes fight catapulted GSP into the superstar that he has become today. Remember how everyone including GSP feared and respected Hughes. Now Hughes should really consider just doing the whole coaching thing, I think he was pretty good at it