PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 25...

~gymdiva~
02-16-2009, 05:19 PM
it is upon us folks...April 5th, 2009...this thread will be all thing WM including gossip, predictions, info on the HOF inductees, etc...

~gymdiva~
02-16-2009, 05:24 PM
here's the most current list of HOF inductees...doubt anyone else will be added at this point but who knows! :D

Confirmed inductees for the 2009 WWE Hall of Fame in Houston, TX are Steve Austin, Bill Watts, Ricky Steamboat, Terry and Dory Funk Jr, and the Von Erich family. Jim Ross will induct Watts and Ric Flair will induct Steamboat. There is no word on who will induct Austin, Funk's, or Von Erich's.

Credit: Figure Four Weekly Newsletter

LANCE ADAM
02-16-2009, 07:54 PM
any1 want spoilers? for the matches?

Larry C
02-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Diva any ideas who'll be inducting the Funks? I was thinking since Terry has such a big legacy with the hardcore side it could either be Mick Foley or RVD and Sabu.

FitGems
02-16-2009, 08:57 PM
After NWO last night, the planned matched just went..Phht!

From what I've read so far today, the rumored WM25 main event will be Randy Orton vs HHH for the WWE Championship. Yes, The Game could be returning to Raw tonight.

Who Edge will face is unknown as this time, to my knowledge.

Tonight's RAW will be very interesting.

~gymdiva~
02-16-2009, 09:00 PM
any1 want spoilers? for the matches?

part of me screams yes but you know, I still watch like a lil diva so I kind of hate to know anything ahead of time that's not blatantly obvious!

LANCE ADAM
02-17-2009, 09:56 PM
part of me screams yes but you know, I still watch like a lil diva so I kind of hate to know anything ahead of time that's not blatantly obvious!

lol... ill give hints leadin up to mania

~gymdiva~
03-14-2009, 01:42 PM
press release from WWE:

Four days of family fun, 25 Years of WrestleMania Memories! In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, the ultimate fan experience, WrestleMania Axxess, is coming to Houston April 2 through April 5 at Reliant Center! This is one event WWE fans of all ages won’t want to miss!

Get your tickets NOW at Reliant Stadium Box Office, at Texas Ticketmaster retail locations, ticketmaster.com or charge by phone at Ticketmaster Express: 1-866-448-7849

Ticket Prices:
General Admission - $29
VIP Package - $49
3 years and under – FREE

Session Schedule & Times:
Thursday, April 2
6 - 8 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Rey Mysterio, Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Jerry “The King” Lawler, R-Truth & more!

8 - 10 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by John Cena, Layla, Kane, The Great Khali, Jim Ross & more!

Friday, April 3
6 - 8 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, Cryme Tyme & more!

8 - 10 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Edge, Umaga, Matt Hardy, Honky Tonk Man, Eve, Candice & more!

Saturday, April 4
Session #1
8 - 10 a.m CT : Superstar appearances by Triple H, “Rowdy”” Roddy Piper, Sergeant Slaughter, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Harley Race, Melina, Tazz, Evan Bourne & more!

10 a.m. - 12 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by JBL, Chavo Guerrero, Vickie, The Bellas, Vladimir Kozlov & more!

Session #2
1:30 - 3:30 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Randy Orton, Santino Marella, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Goldust, Mike Knox & more!

Session #2
3:30 - 5:30 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Big Show, Maria, R-Truth, Candice, Charlie Haas & more

Session #3
7 - 9 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Kane, Rosa Mendes, CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, Evan Bourne, Jillian & more!

Session #3
9 - 11 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by MVP, Alicia Fox, Jesse, Festus & more!

Sunday, April 5
Session #1
8 - 10 a.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Chris Jericho, Candice, Maria & more!

Session #1
10 a.m. -12 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Ric Flair, The Great Khali, Eve, Mr. Kennedy, Tiffany, Jack Swagger, Dusty Rhodes, Ted DiBiase Sr., Kelly Kelly & more!

Session #2
1 - 3 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Batista, Sergeant Slaughter, Cryme Tyme, Rosa Mendes, Tyson Kidd, Mickie James & more!

Session #2
3 - 5 p.m. CT: Superstar appearances by Mr. Kennedy, Afa, Ron Simmons, Nick Bockwinkel, Harly Race, Tito Santana, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Mae Young, Hacksaw Jim Duggan & more!

* Talent is subject to change..

~gymdiva~
03-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy has been officially added to WrestleMania 25.

~gymdiva~
04-05-2009, 02:24 AM
IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so actually it's at 7pm tomorrow (well, ok really tonight since it's almost 2:30am but whatever) but hey, it's finally here...that one time of year when we all become a wrestling fan even if for a moment...

predictions? hopes?

:popcorn:

~gymdiva~
04-05-2009, 02:29 AM
here's your official lineup for the big night:

WWE Title:
-Triple H (c) vs. Randy Orton

World Title:
-Edge (c) vs. John Cena vs. Big Show

Intercontinental Title:
-JBL (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE & World Tag-Titles:
(Lumberjack Match)
-The Miz & John Morrison (c) vs. The Colons (c)

Undefeated Streak On The Line:
-Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Extreme Rules Match:
-Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

3-On-1 Handicap Match:
(Mickey Rourke, Ric Flair at Ringside)
-Chris Jericho vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka

-Money In The Bank ladder match

-25-Diva battle royal

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 08:39 AM

WWE Title:

World Title:

Intercontinental Title:

WWE & World Tag-Titles:
(Lumberjack Match)

Extreme Rules Match:

3-On-1 Handicap Match:
-Chris Jericho vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (but Jericho will get the hell beat out of him for sure).

-Money In The Bank ladder match - undecided

-25-Diva battle royal (Mickie James)

Personally, I would like to see Austin come out, being that Jericho is after all Hall of Famers now, and give us more more good open can of whoop ass. :D

jtexas
04-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Damn, i wish i was going....its taking place 30 minutes from my house!

LANCE ADAM
04-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Jbl chant his name, go orton!

airagee23
04-05-2009, 01:04 PM
They better not ruin it and let Michaels beat Undertaker.

thachozenonebx
04-05-2009, 01:38 PM

WWE Title:
-Triple H (c) vs. Randy Orton--a Mcmahon will screw HHH and join Legacy

World Title:

Intercontinental Title:

WWE & World Tag-Titles:
(Lumberjack Match)

Extreme Rules Match:

3-On-1 Handicap Match:
-Chris Jericho vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka

-Money In The Bank ladder match--MVP

-25-Diva battle royal--This is tuff one....ima call Gail Kim

Predictions in bold

~gymdiva~
04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
DAMMIT!!! I'm trying to find a place now that's not an hour away that's showing it...my usual spot isn't showing it this year! FUCK!!! :cry: :cloud:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 04:37 PM
DAMMIT!!! I'm trying to find a place now that's not an hour away that's showing it...my usual spot isn't showing it this year! FUCK!!! :cry: :cloud:

PM sent

~gymdiva~
04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
yeah I was hoping for a place to go to with a reliable feed...we'll see how the feed and my computer behave tonight...

FitGems
04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
My predictions:

WWE Title:

World Title:

Intercontinental Title:

WWE & World Tag-Titles:
(Lumberjack Match)

Extreme Rules Match:

3-On-1 Handicap Match:

-Money In The Bank ladder match (MVP)

-25-Diva battle royal (A current Diva)

BTW, the Unified Tag Team title match was moved from the main show to preshow, and the Colons won the match, which shocked the hell out of me!

FitGems
04-05-2009, 07:35 PM
CM Punk won the MITB match...again. :mad:

Not happy. Oh well...

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Not much I can say about that.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I just want to see Orton get his clock cleaned. I like what they have done with the character as of late though... but "Orton" deserves it.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 07:48 PM
NICE!! Victoria is in the Battle Royal :excited: So is Sunny :)

Molly Holly too :D

FitGems
04-05-2009, 07:50 PM
And what of a waste of a match is was.

Take a wild guess who won. "rolls eyes"

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
LOL!!!!! Santino is Ms. Wrestlemania!!! :lmao:

FitGems
04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Jericho won the 3 on 1 match, with Rourke punching him at the end, with the Legends getting the last match.

So far...the ONLY thing I'm kinda enjoying tonight.

Hardy vs Hardy...Extreme Rules is next. Hope it delivers...for WWE's sake.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I did not like Jericho FTW of course. I was hoping Austin would show up. That left hook was not all that great either. I would expect more from a trained fighter, even if he did have to pull the punch.

Good to see him in the ring though.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 08:31 PM
oh well. I lost my feed. Fun while it lasted :)

FitGems
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Matt Hardy defeated Jeff Hardy in an Extreme Rules match. I expected more, but it was nice, better than everything else that's happened so far.

Intercontinental Championship match is next.

jtexas
04-05-2009, 08:47 PM
meysterio just won in like 45seconds...

jtexas
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
...make that 21seconds.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Matt Hardy defeated Jeff Hardy in an Extreme Rules match. I expected more, but it was nice, better than everything else that's happened so far.

Intercontinental Championship match is next.

WTF?! :eek:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Say what? 21 seconds?!

jtexas
04-05-2009, 08:54 PM
yep, 21seconds. JBL grabbed the mic and said, 'I QUIT!'. so is he gonna become a commentator and take Taz's spot?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 09:03 PM
So... does Mysterio get the title?

New feed, by the way :D

jtexas
04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
damn! i think i lost the feed as well!

jtexas
04-05-2009, 09:05 PM
yep mysterio got the belt.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 09:08 PM
damn! I think i lost the feed as well!

pm sent

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-05-2009, 09:09 PM
One day... the Undertaker is going to falll off of that top rope while walking it.

Today was not that day though.

jtexas
04-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Undertaker is 17 - 0. damn, i wanted hbk to win.

thachozenonebx
04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
outside of the taker-hbk match and so far the orton-hhh match,WM has been disappointing

thachozenonebx
04-05-2009, 10:55 PM
I want my money back! Even tho i didnt pay!!
This was the worst wm ever! Vince u suck!
Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

~gymdiva~
04-05-2009, 11:05 PM
this was far from the worst...

but HBK/Taker made me exhausted...it was everything I wanted and more...

GOD I LOVE THOSE TWO!!! :bowdown:

FitGems
04-05-2009, 11:20 PM
To recap:

(PRE-SHOW) Carlito and Primo became Unified Tag Team Champions
CM Punk win MITB
"Santina Marella" wins Miss Wrestlemaina Battle Royal
Chris Jericho def. the Legends
Matt Hardy def. Jeff Hardy
Rey Mysterio def. JBL to become the new Intercontinental Champion
Undertaker def. HBK
John Cena def. Edge and JBL to become new World Heavyweight Champion
HHH def. Randy Orton to retain WWE Championship

This was far from the worst WM ever, but thank God I didn't pay to see this. Other than the epic Taker/HBK match (which MORE than lived up to the hype), this was a less-than-stellar Wrestlemania. I would watch the Taker/HBK match over and over again, but that would be it.

WWE did NOT do themselves any favors tonight, and I highly doubt this one will have 1 million buyrates like the last two WMs. Here's hoping TNA's Lockdown delivers, but WM 25 (minus the Taker/HBK) match sure as hell didn't live up to the hype.

jtexas
04-05-2009, 11:35 PM
this was far from the worst...

but HBK/Taker made me exhausted...it was everything I wanted and more...

GOD I LOVE THOSE TWO!!! :bowdown:

i agree, this wasn't the worst one.
the hbk/taker match was fun to watch though. 2 of my fav wrestlers. Both of 'em are from texas.
one from san antonio and the other went to high school 15minutes down the street from here.

JohnnyStyles
04-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Dont care...HBK is my hero and the best wrestler ever....It was incredible...once again lights out...anybody noticed how the audience went down after the match...The cena and the hhh were horrible...

HBK ...can make any wrestler shine....!!!

The best

~gymdiva~
04-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Dont care...HBK is my hero and the best wrestler ever....It was incredible...once again lights out...anybody noticed how the audience went down after the match...The cena and the hhh were horrible...

HBK ...can make any wrestler shine....!!!

The best

agree all the way around...the crowd was too damn exhausted after that one...I know I was! and then you give them so-so matches...no bueno...

but I was saying at work today that this is allllllll going back to our continuous arguments (well, more like agreements) that one of the problems with WWE is the rush of storylines...look at the build up HBK/Taker got...it was short...but so damn affective! imagine how much MORE it could/would have been had it been given more time to grow...same with the other matches...good ideas behind Hardys and Orton/HHH but not enough time to develop into something the fans truly, truly were into and behind...

~gymdiva~
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I absolutely love this series of pics taken during the match...it gives a great sense of just what they go through during a match...the realness of how high they get...how hard they fall...and the rush they must get from a crowd so large...

Taker/HBK Pics (http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/showphotos/undertakervsshawnmichaels/)

jtexas
04-06-2009, 03:35 PM
great pics!

AFTazz06
04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
http://www.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/the-undertaker-on-smackdown.jpg

17-0!!!:bowdown:

~gymdiva~
04-06-2009, 06:38 PM
apparently TMZ didn't care for Rourke's appearance...

ROURKE ARTICLE FOR WM (http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/06/mickey-rourke-is-a-knock-out-sell-out/)

~gymdiva~
04-06-2009, 06:41 PM
and in case you were wondering, this was the full list of DIVAS in the battle royal last night...I bolded a couple b/c I honest to god haven't a clue as to who they are:

* Santino Marella
* Eve Torres
* Jillian Hall
* Katie Lea Burchill
* Brie Bella
* Beth Phoenix
* Alicia Fox
* Gail Kim
* Kelly Kelly
* Layla
* Maryse
* Michelle McCool
* Melina
* Mickie James
* Maria
* Natalya
* Nikki Bella
* Rosa Mendes
* Tiffany

Former WWE Divas:

* Joy Giovanni
* Molly Holly
* Miss Jackie
* Sunny
* Torrie Wilson
* Victoria

~gymdiva~
04-06-2009, 06:44 PM
a small recap on some seen backstage at last night's event:

Former Tough Enough winner Nidia was in the Houston area last night visiting with WWE friends as well as former WWE wrestler Christopher Nowinski. No word at this time as to why Nidia did not work the Divas Battle Royal.

Actor Michael Clark Duncan attended the WM after party. Duncan has been a longtime WWE fan.

MMA fighter Frank Shamrock was seated next to Mickey Rourke last night and was shown several times on camera during the Rourke/Jericho segment.

Lacey Von Erich and former Mean Street Posse member Pete Gas were both in attendance for the event last night visting friends.

Mickey Rourke was said to be very approachable by all talents who came into contact with him during the Wrestlemania weekend although it's being reported that he spent most of his time with Ric Flair, Diana Hart, Afa and Roddy Piper.

~gymdiva~
04-06-2009, 06:45 PM
SI.com has an article on their site about last night's show:

SI ARTICLE (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/arash_markazi/04/06/wrestlemania-wrapup/?eref=sircrc)

~gymdiva~
04-06-2009, 06:52 PM
pretty much exactly what all of us have said already but it's worth recapping:

Credit: PWInsider.com

The general consensus among those backstage at WrestleMania 25 last night was that the show overall was a success. From the match quality and entertainment standpoint it was seen as good, and the company was clearly happy with the attendance and the live gate, which set records.

The feeling was the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels match was the show-stealer, as it was expected to be going in.

A lot were discussing how good Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat looked in his match against Chris Jericho with the other WWE legends.

One of the big topics was the Randy Orton vs. Triple H main event. Many felt the match came off bad in the ring and from a booking sense. Most were quick to point to the previous matches, especially HBK-Undertaker, as a hard act to follow which kind of brought the energy down with the live audience. Also the fact that it was well over three hours into the show.

~gymdiva~
04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
here's highlights of JR's blog following WM:

- My 16th Wrestlemania experience was highlighted by the best WM bout I can recall broadcasting. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
bout was simply a classic. Old school approach, a magnificent story, amazing near falls, drama, surprises, intensity, and awesome athleticism were just a few of the memorable attributes of this extraordinary contest. Quite simply, it’s a wrestling match I’ll never forget and I’ve seen plenty of them. I had immense personal respect for both men going into the match but that respect swelled ten fold when this “instant classic” concluded. If any young wrestler doesn’t thoroughly study this one then they are doing themselves a gross injustice.

- Inducting my mentor Bill Watts into the WWE HOF Saturday night created a lifetime memory. Bill’s wrestling IQ was beyond reproach and his honor was so well deserved. Bill gave a wrestling fan from rural, eastern Oklahoma the opportunity of a lifetime, a debt that I can never repay.

- Having a quiet dinner with my dear friend Steve Austin on Friday night was another highlight. Just two couples catching up, telling our stories, laughing and talking about the future was great and Steve even picked up the tab! Stone Cold damned near stole the show Sunday night and wasn’t even in a match. Having our “last, wrestling beer” at WM25 was a career highlight for me. Yes, I kept the beer can, too.

- Sorry to see JBL retire as John and I have a great relationship. I signed John to his first WWE contract over 13 years ago. We love talking football and I fully expect to do some Beef Jerky and BBQ biz with John in the future. John was a “throw back” in many ways and some aspects of his demeanor always reminded me of the late, great Dick Murdoch. That’s high praise for the record. John has no interest at this time in broadcasting for WWE but working with him would be something that I would truly enjoy.

- Speaking of broadcasting, I don’t know who I’m working with Tuesday in Austin on Smackdown but whoever WWE selects is good by me. With the Draft just a week away, I can only assume that whoever it is could be a temporary move any way.

~gymdiva~
04-06-2009, 07:50 PM
for anyone that didn't get to see the promo package for the match everyone's still talking about then here it is...I'll be keeping my eyes glued to youtube for the match to be posted so anyone who missed it can see it...

h7NP-0xrmm0

"Rodz"
04-06-2009, 08:00 PM
and in case you were wondering, this was the full list of DIVAS in the battle royal last night...I bolded a couple b/c I honest to god haven't a clue as to who they are:

* Santino Marella
* Eve Torres
* Jillian Hall
* Katie Lea Burchill
* Brie Bella
* Beth Phoenix
* Alicia Fox
* Gail Kim
* Kelly Kelly
* Layla
* Maryse
* Michelle McCool
* Melina
* Mickie James
* Maria
* Natalya
* Nikki Bella
* Rosa Mendes
* Tiffany

Former WWE Divas:

* Joy Giovanni
* Molly Holly
* Miss Jackie
* Sunny
* Torrie Wilson
* Victoria

it seemed like jr and the king werent even calling this match, it would have been nice to allow the former diva's an intro, i didnt see Tori in the match at all

"Rodz"
04-06-2009, 08:10 PM
overall not bad of course HBK/taker was epic, the dragon looked great with those arm drags, but he JBL match sucked a 21sec match for his finally? And i'm tired of CM punk, i was hoping Christian would take it , then challenge Edge right on the spot if Edge won the World title

~gymdiva~
04-07-2009, 11:43 PM
from wrestlezone:

Was JBL vs Rey The Shortest WrestleMania Title Match?
by Bill Behrens
Apr 07, 2009

I noticed that the 21 second match between JBL & Rey Mysterio is being called by some, the shortest title match in WrestleMania
history.

However, that honor goes to WrestleMania 24, where Kane defeated Chavo Guerrero for the ECW title in only 8 seconds

~gymdiva~
04-10-2009, 12:18 AM
MSN Wrestlemania Story (http://tv.msn.com/wrestlemania25/?GT1=28103)

~gymdiva~
04-10-2009, 12:22 AM
MSN Wrestlemania Photo Gallery (http://tv.msn.com/galleryfeature/wrestlemania-25/?photoidx=1)

JohnnyStyles
04-10-2009, 04:00 AM
Jaja, Maffew has done it again...even with the way too obvious WM botches....so...for those who missed it...watch Botchamania 71...

WM 25 edition lolz....

The ref to HHH...
"wrap it up" ..."You have one more minute"

LOLZ!!!

y6OOjDeRgIs