PDA

View Full Version : nfl offseason notes

CodyKelly
04-23-2009, 04:07 PM
WTF is Kansas City Doing??? Damn they sure make it hard to be a Chiefs fan. They always take one step forward and two steps back

BigJD69
04-23-2009, 04:37 PM
The were rumors last year that he wanted to be traded to the NY Giants!!! So it doesn't suprise me he was traded.

JohnnyMuscles
04-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Well he's going into his 13th season probably isn't the player he used to be. KC isn't really that good of a team and Atlanta has a good young QB( Matt Ryan) and made the playoffs last year, so they probably wanted to give the guy a chnace to be on a playoff team, and his skills are probablt waning just a bit, 2nd round picks are hard to come by. They are basically rebuilding their team and want to get younger.

The Big Sexy
04-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Matt Cassel is probably really stoked about this trade. :)

Bennny
04-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Tony didn't want to be in KC anymore, and the new regime doesn't want guys around who don't want to be here. TGon has maybe 2 good years left in him, if that. Not a bad trade. Look for Larry Johnson to be next.

CodyKelly
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Being a KC fan my whole life, TG has been the only good thing in NFL football that i get to cheer about! now Cassel is the new man!

Bennny
04-23-2009, 05:44 PM
We are going to see how inept Carl Peterson was the last 12 years of his rule. I know TG was good, but I'd trade a good TE for a good team. And that is what Pioli is building in KC. A good team that will have a legit chance to make the playoffs every year.

BigJD69
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
He is still a threat in the redzone!

CodyKelly
04-23-2009, 11:15 PM
We are going to see how inept Carl Peterson was the last 12 years of his rule. I know TG was good, but I'd trade a good TE for a good team. And that is what Pioli is building in KC. A good team that will have a legit chance to make the playoffs every year.
I feel Pioli's not looking to be a contender next year, since it got a 2nd rounder for 2010 draft instead of this years draft.

BananaHammock
05-06-2009, 04:00 PM

TG is one of the best TE ever, but, a TE is not a make or break position for a football team. You can win without a great TE. Remember the aren't done signing free agents so lets see if the get a real WR and maybe get rid of LJ.

exit2010
05-06-2009, 04:18 PM
I am happy for the Falcons. Chiefs are rebuilding anyway.

R_U_Red_D
05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
But seriously who is Cassel going to throw to? KC still hasn't shored up the WR's and the running game is a shell of what it once was.

Don't blame TG for wanting out of a bad situation.

Ninja Loco
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
OMG! OMG!........what am I going to do now??? How can I face each day?? Where shall I find the fortitude to go on living??? I WANT TO LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!

Sorry, guys. Ive always wanted to say something sarcastic in a team sports related thread, but I never get a chance. Carry on.