PDA

View Full Version : Loose skin

GaJoe
06-18-2009, 10:27 PM
What exactly can be done about tightening skin up after you've lost your bodyfat? Anyone have anything that's worked for them? Got a little heavy in the offseason and the skin is too loose. Tips?

Thanks!

Arthur Early
06-18-2009, 10:59 PM
well it depend on how much loose skin you have I lost 147 lbs and my skin did not not tighten and my BF% is under 8% looks like i will be taken a trip to dr Blau for a TT

GaJoe
06-19-2009, 07:48 AM
jeez, you lost a ton...I've dropped about 50. Some have told me it will be a matter of staying lean for some time and giving the skin a chance to tighten back up.

BigPablo300
06-19-2009, 06:10 PM
jeez, you lost a ton...I've dropped about 50. Some have told me it will be a matter of staying lean for some time and giving the skin a chance to tighten back up.

I would have to agree with that answer. Usually if you stay lean long enough the skin will begin to shrink back a little. Tanning also tends to help the process as it pulls some subQ water and makes the skin more taunt. As with most things though expect to still have a little loose skin that just will not go away. If you are prepping for a show then carbing up before prejudging will also add to the effect of tighter skin.

GaJoe
06-20-2009, 07:39 AM
So far that's the plan...to stay lean and let things tighten up. Would you say hgh could play a part in skin repair/tightening?

Mr. Hyde
06-20-2009, 11:36 AM
If it was only 50lbs (not saying thats not alot or a great achievement, because it is!!) i think your body will repair your skin over time. When i was 16 i lost over 100lbs besides some stretch marks that faded over time no loose skin. I think that only happens when a person loses 100's of lbs, you can also tell when the skin is damaged behind natural repair. I did hear coco butter works but i never tried it. I also lifted weights at the same time, i most likely grew durning and after the process, replaced fat with some muscle and my body fixed the rest. I would try to hover around single diget body fat levels and stay there for and extended period of time and try to grow slowly.

swingslammer
06-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Also depends on youyr age, as you get older your calogin (SP?) gets worn out and your skin will not snap back as well. 35 year old skin will not tighten up like 20 year old skin will. That is why when people tell thier skin tightened back up after teenage weight loss....well thier skin was not stretched out for 10 -15 years. Also the BULK-DIET-BULK thing just will not work over time for your skin. I always say your skin is like a sweater...after a sweater gets stretched out so many times it just will not snap back.

CodyKelly
06-20-2009, 06:40 PM
I lost 103lbs and amazing my skin stayed pretty tight. A little loose skin in the lower ab, but thats about it

Zetawill
06-20-2009, 06:49 PM
I've heard of guys and gals using Preparation-H to help.....not sure if it works as I don't have loose skin.

Also it seems that Vitamin E, CLA, GLA, and ALA combined might help tighten the skin.

sassy69
06-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I've heard of guys and gals using Preparation-H to help.....not sure if it works as I don't have loose skin.

Also it seems that Vitamin E, CLA, GLA, and ALA combined might help tighten the skin.

Prep-H is more about working like, the day of something. Not really as a skin tightening treatment.

Other option could be topical fat burner like Yohimburn (yohimbine based).

E.g. for competition prep, when you start losing the weight around the middle, the skin takes a while to catch up - you get that deflated look. But just keep at the dieting and the skin catches up.

GaJoe
06-21-2009, 07:25 AM
E.g. for competition prep, when you start losing the weight around the middle, the skin takes a while to catch up - you get that deflated look. But just keep at the dieting and the skin catches up.

I hope it will catch up. Like I mentioned I dropped about 50 lbs to get where I'm at....I cleaned up the diet in January and came down some from 315 before an actual diet started. Now sitting at 250 and 3 weeks out. I guess I get too sloppy in the offseason and I don't have time to catch up. I have a few old stretch marks around the lower abdominal area and that's where the major problem is. I have to stay high in an ab/thigh pose or the skin will wrinkle up on my lower abs and it doesn't look too good. Everywhere else seems fine. It bites to put in all that work to have something like this hold you back.