PDA

View Full Version : MissyTrahan's Training Journey to Team U July 2013 WPD

MissyTrahan
03-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Hello Everyone! I am finally starting my training journal after being on this site for years and reading others journies. I started training for my first show in 2007 in the figure division. I competed in a few small shows that year in the OCB league. I placed in the top 5. After this year I decided to try bodybuilding as my legs were too muscular for figure and my waist is on the wider side (not a great thing for figure). I placed top 5 this year as well in bodybuilding. My shoulders were not big enough for bodybuilding. My struggle has been getting my shoulders and arms to grow. We all have our struggles, right? My legs have always been big from running, cycling, hiking, and the fact that I' short 5'2".

I don't want to rehash old gripes I have, and I will not mention any names but i think people can learn from some of the things i have experienced. Nutrition is such an important factor in growing. I have had diets in the past that are basically starvation diets and was basically told that I wasn't winning because i was fat! Yes, it's true, FAT! So I was doing major cardio, 1.5-2 hrs a day and on a diet of at most 800 cals in prep for a show. Plus weight training 5-6 days a week. Mentally and physically this screwed me! I asked questions and was told not to ask any questions, just do it! Stop researching! Since I am smarter than that, I started researching. Spent a lot of time on this site and found my current trainer Tammy Patnode.

I am still struggling with the whole off-season dieting but now am in prep for Team U in Teaneck NJ July5 &6. I am sooo focused! I have never prepped for 16 weeks for a show and can not wait to see what I will bring to the stage!! Tammy is so supportive, she is a Pro WPD competitor and knows her stuff! She is encouraging and is picking up my confidence as it was taken from me in the past! I'm ready to kill it! I qualified for Team U at the NPC Boston show in Oct 2012.

Today I will be working on chest n shoulders and 25 mins of HIIT cardio! Go get em people! You can do anything you set your mind to!:yep:

The Prodigy
03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Welcome to RX Girl!!!!! Glad you are here!!!!!!!!!!!

brankica
03-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi, I've been reading here for awhile but plan to get more active. So I am going to follow your journal and cheer for you.
May be a stupid question, but if you are "too big for figure" and "shoulders too small", why not do physique instead of BB?

tammyp
03-23-2013, 06:30 PM
hey missy~ !!! glad you are here lady!

and she is doing physique~!

nic902
03-24-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm 11wks out, former OBC/IFPA figure girl turned NPC WP competitor! Looking forward to following your prep :)

MissyTrahan
03-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Weighed in yesterday and down 3 lbs. Have been super good with diet and cardio! Worked on biceps and triceps today. Just got new workouts from Tammy and Wow! Arms were on fire! Gonna feel it tomorrow. 15 weeks to go!

The Prodigy
04-03-2013, 10:21 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/athlete-profiles/7856-spotlight-on-npc-womens-physique-competitor-missy-trahan.html

PFEPerformance
04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm in! Following along and Cheering you on!!!

MissyTrahan
04-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Yikes, haven't updated my journal in a bit. Everything is going as planned. Weight down to 130. Went to Lake Placid and trained with my trainer Tammy Patnode. She looks amazing!! Just a couiple weeks out from Tampa Pro. GOOOOO Tammy!! Very inspired. We trained legs and did lying leg curls (which make me wanna cry, hate this exercise), leg presses, wide stance ass to the grass squats, leg extensions, and dead lifts!! Ouch!! Bought some Species Isolyze protein powder from her, yum!! and some Species clothes. Just got my new workouts for next week, will keep you updated better, pinky promise.:byeb:

The Prodigy
04-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Yikes, haven't updated my journal in a bit. Everything is going as planned. Weight down to 130. Went to Lake Placid and trained with my trainer Tammy Patnode. She looks amazing!! Just a couiple weeks out from Tampa Pro. GOOOOO Tammy!! Very inspired. We trained legs and did lying leg curls (which make me wanna cry, hate this exercise), leg presses, wide stance ass to the grass squats, leg extensions, and dead lifts!! Ouch!! Bought some Species Isolyze protein powder from her, yum!! and some Species clothes. Just got my new workouts for next week, will keep you updated better, pinky promise.:byeb:

Which protein flavor did you get? I LOVE the Choc and vanilla PB..those two are my staples! I won't use any other protein!