PDA

View Full Version : weight loss problem

irishmuscle
06-20-2009, 04:43 AM
hey people, Ive got a client that doesn't seem to be shifting any weight at all dispite her best efforts, she's 40 and about 150 lbs at 5'5'' and I have her doing some basic toning exercises and 40 mins cardio a day(5 days a week). She used to eat a lot of chocolate but has not had choc in a month now,she's a veggie but has protein from nuts,eggs, fish etc! A nutritionist put her on a very good diet. She recently went to the doctor by my request to see was there a thyroid problem and got her bloods taken which all came back ok. She has been stressed over the last year or so maybe that could be the problem but otherwise im stumped. PLEASE HELP. much appreciated.

BigJD69
06-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Has she lost inches? Maybe she is putting on muscle! How is her blood sugar? Maybe she could be a Diabetic!

Myth
06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
toning exercises dont do anything. make her do compound lifts

tammyp
06-20-2009, 01:31 PM
what is the macro break down of her diet? clean food can still cause weight gain if there is to much of it. is she weighing and measuring her food? this is most newbies problem, eyeballing insteading of weighing.

irishmuscle
06-22-2009, 06:57 AM
This is her diet given to her by her nutritionist: BREAKFAST:
organic porridge with tablespoon of ground seeds and manuka honey or
spelt bread with scrambled eggs and sugar free baked beans or
muesli soaked in apple juice for better digestion.
MID MORNING SNACK:
organic smoothie-oat cakes with tahini,banana,peanut butter,pesto and hummus. Veggie crudites(carrots,cucumber,peppers,cauliflower,cele ry).
fruit with small handfull of nuts,almonds,hazelnuts,brazil nuts or hazel nuts. natural yogurt with a piece of fruit.
LUNCH:
veggie soup with lentils or barley,
wholegrain pitta with either hummes,avocado,prawns,cheese, goats cheese or eggs and plenty of salad.
DINNER:
stir fry-with garlic,onions or ginger,also add butter beans,cashews.
stews/casseroles-mediteranean style with tomatoes
spag bol-half quorn half red lentils.
shepards pie- use lentils.
always have 1 green veg,broccoli,cabbage,peas,green beans lettuce.
always 1-2 other veg
DRINKS: 2 litres of water every day including herbal teas,1 coffee otr regular tea per day:

dinner plate should be 50% veg-25% pulses/quorn/egg-25% grains

tammyp
06-22-2009, 04:46 PM
what is with the beans???? this tell us what, not how much she eats...DOES SHE WEIGH AND MEASURE? i see way to many carbs, and not enough protein.

irishmuscle
06-23-2009, 09:18 AM
what is with the beans???? this tell us what, not how much she eats...DOES SHE WEIGH AND MEASURE? i see way to many carbs, and not enough protein.
hey tammy,she doesn't weigh her food,just eyeballs it.but her portion size is rice or pasta is size of of fist and protien size is palm of hand,she has not much protein agreed and i wanted to give her a protein shake but her nutritionist does not like protein shakes!

Frosty
06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Good luck, then lol.

Not weighing is an issues. People are generally terrible at estimating. They might think they're getting 2,000 calories but actually getting 3,000!!!

fitmomma3
06-23-2009, 10:58 AM
This is her diet given to her by her nutritionist: BREAKFAST:
organic porridge with tablespoon of ground seeds and manuka honey or
spelt bread with scrambled eggs and sugar free baked beans or
muesli soaked in apple juice for better digestion.
MID MORNING SNACK:
organic smoothie-oat cakes with tahini,banana,peanut butter,pesto and hummus. Veggie crudites(carrots,cucumber,peppers,cauliflower,cele ry).
fruit with small handfull of nuts,almonds,hazelnuts,brazil nuts or hazel nuts. natural yogurt with a piece of fruit.
LUNCH:
veggie soup with lentils or barley,
wholegrain pitta with either hummes,avocado,prawns,cheese, goats cheese or eggs and plenty of salad.
DINNER:
stir fry-with garlic,onions or ginger,also add butter beans,cashews.
stews/casseroles-mediteranean style with tomatoes
spag bol-half quorn half red lentils.
shepards pie- use lentils.
always have 1 green veg,broccoli,cabbage,peas,green beans lettuce.
always 1-2 other veg
DRINKS: 2 litres of water every day including herbal teas,1 coffee otr regular tea per day:

dinner plate should be 50% veg-25% pulses/quorn/egg-25% grainsMy Goodness that looks like an Oprah diet lol... way too much to even begin to try and break down calories and macros, or figure out where to cut back or add. If she hired a nutritionist for this diet she should really be discussing it with him because he SHOULD have the calories, macros and reasoning behind the food choices, as well as be able to adjust if she's not losing.

My suggestion - keep it simpler. And I agree with Tammy it does seem to be low in protein and higher in carbs

Let's start with breakfast
she has oatmeal - carb
beans - carb
and honey - high sugar carb
eggs (which is good) but how many? just whites or yolks to?

next meal:
oat cakes (which I'm not sure what they are but its safe to say they are a carb source)
you have a banana in the smoothie - carb (higher in sugar)
another piece of fruit - carb
and a yogurt - carb (also typically higher in sugar)
you also have peanut butter and nuts (2 fat sources) but what amount?

fitmomma3
06-23-2009, 11:00 AM
also is she doing her cardio in the AM before meal 1 and what are "toning exercises"?

Frosty
06-23-2009, 11:18 AM
and what are "toning exercises"?

5 lbs dumbbells for 20 reps.....

tammyp
06-23-2009, 04:56 PM
if she wont change this diet and wont weigh and measure her food ..then i guess your work here is done!