PDA

View Full Version : Clemens to Write Book?

Goodfellas
06-20-2009, 06:00 AM
HOUSTON (AP) -- Roger Clemens might write a book to get his side of the story out in his nasty dispute with Brian McNamee, his former trainer.

McNamee has accused Clemens of using steroids and human growth hormone, charges the seven-time Cy Young Award winner repeatedly and vehemently denies. Clemens filed a defamation suit, much of which was dismissed, and it remains unclear if it will go to trial.

"If I don't get that opportunity, I'm not sure how we'll go forward. That is something to be handled if, or when, the time comes," Clemens said in an e-mail interview posted Friday by houstonist.com.

"I've already written one book earlier in my career. ... At this point there have been many conversations about me sitting down to write another one, and I guess that is a real possibility."

In addition, a federal grand jury in Washington is investigating whether Clemens lied when he told a Congressional committee that he didn't use performance-enhancing drugs.

Clemens said he thinks he knows why McNamee made accusations, but he won't say because of the lawsuit.

"I don't think there's a way for me to completely restore everyone's trust in me," said Clemens, who responded to reader questions. "All I can do is try to get a proper venue to argue my case. Once I'm able to do that, the fans will know the full story. There's really no way for me to prove a negative."

Richard Emery, McNamee's lawyer responded: "Along with Clemens, I hope someday he will get a chance to tell the truth. He might find it refreshing," he said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Clemens denied that he allowed McNamee to inject his wife with HGH.

"As I stated in the Congressional deposition, I was not at home when the incident took place," he said.

He also endorsed baseball's current drug-testing system.

"I've been tested many times during my career," he said. "I've passed every test I've taken for MLB, and I was tested for the World Games and passed those also."

Clemens said "absolutely, I'd love to be a part of the Hall of Fame" and that he wouldn't change any of the key decisions during his career "other than holding back on a key fastball or two to Reggie Jackson, George Brett and Robin Yount."

bringingthehuge
06-20-2009, 08:22 AM
I think Clemens should just suck it up and be a man. Everyone knows he took PED's

BigJD69
06-20-2009, 10:28 AM
He's gonna look worse than Pete Rose!

Goodfellas
06-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Instead of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer's book turned in a coffee table... Clemens book could turn into a syringe.