PDA

View Full Version : I need opinions on weight gain from clean bulk

capone1153
06-20-2009, 07:23 AM
I have recently started my post competition clean off season bulk..

I have gained 5lbs in the first week.. now normally that would tell me to drop some cals as I gained too much for it too all be muscle.. the catch is my bf% has not gone up and my waist and hip measurements have not gone up....

should i still drop some cals????

bringingthehuge
06-20-2009, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't drop any calories until you start to put on body fat. If your making good clean gains stick with what your doing

tammyp
06-20-2009, 10:51 AM
stats? how far off season are you? and are you natural?

Mr. Hyde
06-20-2009, 11:28 AM
I have recently started my post competition clean off season bulk..

I have gained 5lbs in the first week.. now normally that would tell me to drop some cals as I gained too much for it too all be muscle.. the catch is my bf% has not gone up and my waist and hip measurements have not gone up....

should i still drop some cals????

Your most likely holding a little more water. This also depends if your a natural or enhanced. In any case a 1lb a week should be some good CLEAN progress, depending on drug use and genetics maybe 2lbs a week. Im talking muscle not a combo of muscle and fat. If your natty dont get to crazy on what the scale says, start low and work your way up slowly. I feel a natty should stay as lean as possible during there gaining phase because they can lose alot more muscle while dieting. Wait to see what happen over the next 2 weeks or so, if you keep gaining alot of weight every week drop the calories back, do a little damage controll and work you way back up 150-200 cals a week

capone1153
06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
stats? how far off season are you? and are you natural?

5'7" currently 165ish 5%

2 weeks into the off season

i competed on june 6th at the bev it was my first time competeing and i comepletely f**ked up.. over dieted and lost 20lbs of muscle and and now working to desperately build back up...

I am currently off cycle and will remain off until i get back up to like 185 -190 ish at 10% (thats my natural genetic potential)

capone1153
06-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Your most likely holding a little more water. This also depends if your a natural or enhanced. In any case a 1lb a week should be some good CLEAN progress, depending on drug use and genetics maybe 2lbs a week. Im talking muscle not a combo of muscle and fat. If your natty dont get to crazy on what the scale says, start low and work your way up slowly. I feel a natty should stay as lean as possible during there gaining phase because they can lose alot more muscle while dieting. Wait to see what happen over the next 2 weeks or so, if you keep gaining alot of weight every week drop the calories back, do a little damage controll and work you way back up 150-200 cals a week

yeah thanks for the advice... the diet plan i made is like 4300 cals so i reworked it today and was able to keep the macros the same but drop the cals to 3700.. i knew 4300 was wayy to many cals for a guy 165lbs but i was ALWAYS starving.. I added in a lot of greens and i think that wil greatly help keep me satisfied and give me more time in between meals.

capone1153
06-20-2009, 09:29 PM
i KNOW someone is going to say that 3700 cals is still too many but my metabolism is rediculously high and I am using a 1 : 1 ratio of protien and fat and just slightly less carbs. super clean, with one cheat meal a week

capone1153
06-20-2009, 09:34 PM
just realized i posted this is the womens sections woww im in an idiot i am going to post also in the regular nutrition section haha