PDA

View Full Version : Species website infected?

Squid
06-20-2009, 09:00 AM
This web site at www.speciesnutrition.com (http://www.speciesnutrition.com) has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Says my website protection

tbazz
06-20-2009, 10:26 AM
have had the same issue myself several times. had several trojan horse warnings go off on my protection.

BigJD69
06-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow!!!

DR.BB
06-20-2009, 12:26 PM
I get that message too. Google warns "this site may harm your computer." Are the folks at Species checking into this?

SallyAnne
06-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes - Sean and Dave are aware of the situation and are working on it.

just to be clear, Google reports that:

Over the past 90 days, speciesnutrition.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

This site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

SallyAnne
06-20-2009, 12:32 PM
...I have clicked through the malware warning to browse the site and nothing has been dowloaded on my computer. For some reason, Species has been flagged, but does not contain malware - and that's what's being worked on right now.

dublin-lifter
06-20-2009, 01:21 PM
yea my firefox wont let me go onto it

B7emm
06-20-2009, 09:49 PM
i have AVG and it said it was good. it even had the green check mark. i see what you guys are saying i wonder what google is thinking?

The Big Sexy
06-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Huh - I didn't believe it - so I went there... crazy... I don't think I've seen anything like that before!

SallyAnne
06-20-2009, 11:44 PM
i have AVG and it said it was good. it even had the green check mark. i see what you guys are saying i wonder what google is thinking?

I use AVG, too.

Seriously, guys - there is nothing wrong with the site.

Sliced N Diced
06-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Yep, I just tried its infected.

The Big Sexy
06-21-2009, 10:47 AM
I use AVG, too.

Seriously, guys - there is nothing wrong with the site.

Well - what's with the big red warning screen when I try to get to the site then? Can they take that down? or contact google?

SallyAnne
06-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Try using IE.

Curt James
06-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Well - what's with the big red warning screen when I try to get to the site then? Can they take that down? or contact google?

If you click on "Why was this site blocked?" in the lower right corner, you'll be taken to another page which states:

"If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center."

I trust that SallyAnne is correct in her statement:

Sean and Dave are aware of the situation and are working on it.

just to be clear, Google reports that:

Over the past 90 days, speciesnutrition.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

This site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Yep, I just tried its infected.

Not necessarily.

If you click through that red screen, the next page offers:

"What is the current listing status for speciesnutrition.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer."

That's not the same as stating it's absolutely or definitely infected.

But, hey, don't let me spoil your fun!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/BodySpace/everybodypanic.gif

DR.BB
06-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Curt, this is not fun?? It is just a request to have Species work out the situation with google. I use isolyze and they should work with google to clear this up. With malware all over the internet, I am hesitant to enter my personal info when google and my antivirus puts up a warning. No?

zipmouth
06-21-2009, 09:40 PM
FYI On a total unrelated note, the same thing happens if you go to www.davepalumbo.com. However it doesn't if you go to http://davepalumbo.com.

Curt James
06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Curt, this is not fun?? It is just a request to have Species work out the situation with google. I use isolyze and they should work with google to clear this up. With malware all over the internet, I am hesitant to enter my personal info when google and my antivirus puts up a warning. No?

A few hours and I'm sure it will all be sorted out.

I use Isolyze, too, but I'm not out. Are you out of Isolyze? If not then it's not what I'd call critical and everyone should trust that things are going to be fixed pronto.

If not, well, just go to the library and destroy their computers.

I KEED!

FYI On a total unrelated note, the same thing happens if you go to www.davepalumbo.com. However it doesn't if you go to http://davepalumbo.com.

Fwiw, I don't get the warning when accessing www.davepalumbo.com.

4evermuscle
06-22-2009, 03:53 AM
If the site is clean, all you need to do is email google and they'll remove it from the flagged list.

DR.BB
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Google and my antivirus no longer signal a warning message concerning the Species site. And Curt I appreciated your PM.