PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Lineman drives drunk on moped

Goodfellas
06-20-2009, 07:36 PM
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Police say Iowa offensive lineman Kyle Calloway was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

Calloway was arrested after officers stopped him while he driving a moped into a barricaded area.

Police say Calloway was given a field sobriety and a breathalyzer test, which registered 0.106. The legal limit in Iowa is 0.08.

Iowa City Police Sgt. Mike Lord says Calloway cooperated with police and acknowledged he drank seven or eight beers.

Calloway, who will be a senior next fall, has started 25 straight games for Iowa. He was listed at starting right tackle during spring practice.

Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said in a statement released by the university Saturday that he was "disappointed to learn of (Calloway's) poor judgement."

Ferentz said Calloway will be expected to complete a "game suspension" before returning to action, though he didn't elaborate. Ferentz also said Calloway will be forced to complete counseling and educational requirements along with extensive community service obligations.

BigJD69
06-20-2009, 08:11 PM
How does an Offensive Lineman fit on a moped????

Goodfellas
06-21-2009, 06:08 AM
How does an Offensive Lineman fit on a moped????

I dunno that was my thought too.

BigJD69
06-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I dunno that was my thought too.
Have you ever seen the pic of the fat guys on the mini bikes? That's what it prob. looked like!

Goodfellas
06-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Have you ever seen the pic of the fat guys on the mini bikes? That's what it prob. looked like!

Yes lol