PDA

View Full Version : Female Strength

lilfella
06-21-2009, 05:54 PM
So I have a new female client who has never weight trained, and has not worked out in over a year. She is 5'3'' weighs 160 at about 30% bf. She has done a semester of pilates about 2 years ago. We are talking seriouly untrained.
Well we have been doing weight training for just under a month now and she has benched 100 lbs. Deadlifted 115 3sets x10. Squat 115lbx10. I have not worked with many girls, especially ones that love heavy weight (she does), but this is happening so easy for her. Strength freak or is this just the first hardcore women I have worked with?

Sistersteel
06-21-2009, 08:38 PM
So I have a new female client who has never weight trained, and has not worked out in over a year. She is 5'3'' weighs 160 at about 30% bf. She has done a semester of pilates about 2 years ago. We are talking seriouly untrained.
Well we have been doing weight training for just under a month now and she has benched 100 lbs. Deadlifted 115 3sets x10. Squat 115lbx10. I have not worked with many girls, especially ones that love heavy weight (she does), but this is happening so easy for her. Strength freak or is this just the first hardcore women I have worked with?

Not to take away from this woman's abilities, but quite honestly her numbers are pretty standard for most women who are not afraid to get under some heavy weight without being constantly haunted by the phobia of developing an overly muscular physique. The lack of encouragement is what deters most women from actually tapping into their full potential. You would easily see more women squatting 225lb for reps in a matter of 6 months with the proper attitude first, diet and training second.

SS

lilfella
06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
I hoped you would answer that for me SS. Yes unfortunately more often then not I hear about how "the bar hurts my neck", and "the weights make my hands rough", a lot more often then I hear "I wanna deadlift 300lbs"! Either way I will continue to push her to see how far we can take her strength and sculpt her physique. I think with her attitude alone she can do well with pl.

Sistersteel
06-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I hoped you would answer that for me SS. Yes unfortunately more often then not I hear about how "the bar hurts my neck", and "the weights make my hands rough", a lot more often then I hear "I wanna deadlift 300lbs"! Either way I will continue to push her to see how far we can take her strength and sculpt her physique. I think with her attitude alone she can do well with pl.

We need more females in strength training! Recruit away lilfella :)