PDA

View Full Version : Would you take out a loan....

MsGuns
06-21-2009, 09:51 PM
to promote/put on a show?

triceptor
06-21-2009, 09:53 PM
if its unsecured and you have your sponsors lined up an you're borrowing to make up for the lag in receiving your money form sponsors.... yes. You shouldn't need to borrow money if you get your sponsor sold up front though....

MsGuns
06-21-2009, 09:55 PM
if its unsecured and you have your sponsors lined up an you're borrowing to make up for the lag in receiving your money form sponsors.... yes. You shouldn't need to borrow money if you get your sponsor sold up front though....

True

sassy69
06-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Just like any other pursuit, you need to do your due diligence as a business venture and not just for 'passion' about the sport if it ends up being a money pit for you. That's not to say a show would be a money pit, but rather you really need to be intelligent about what you are doing, and approach it as you would any other business venture.

John Romano
06-22-2009, 12:04 AM
There is no need to. If you have sponsors and competitors paying their entry fee you don't need a loan. There are items such as printing and ad costs that you can put on a credit card and a deposit on the venue, but other than that you shouldn't need to borrow money.

robert da strongman
06-22-2009, 10:16 AM
no way!

i promoted 2 strongman comps and broke even each time.
used the entry fees to pay for everything. or get back what i paid out personally.
i also did my comps for charity. sponsors are more willing to help out for a charity.