PDA

View Full Version : Dhea

lilfella
06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
I am a male personal trainer and I don't want to recommend anything for females that could harm them. This includes mild side effects. So I wanted to ask the ladies, if they took dhea, at what dose, and how did it affect them? Your responses are greatly appreciated.

lilfella
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Usually when ladies ignore me I buy another drink and go home. But in this case I am wondering why. Is it because dhea for women is thought of as tribulus for men? Meaning a very mild supplement. I don't mind recommending all kinds of drugs for men, but if I screw up one ladies hormones I feel like I will be cursed! help

partsRheavy
06-24-2009, 10:49 PM
OK - I'll answer ----

People's response to DHEA is really, really individual and it's dependent on diet and the level of DHEA that their own body produces.

Since I'm over 40 years old, I decided to try DHEA last fall.

I took 50 mg/day of DHEA for 8 weeks, but didn't notice a whole lot. Was healthy, however ---- no colds or flu and good appetite and good mood.

I had a little bit of increase in estrogen after I was done, but that went away pretty quickly. I noticed I had some nice strength gains during the month or two _after_ I had taken the DHEA. Nothing really while I was taking it.

I think it might work better in people who are over 50 or who are deficient in DHEA. My opinion is that DHEA isn't very useful for people who are under 40 years old, because their bodies usually produce a good level of DHEA and don't need any supplementation.

Life Extension, which promotes DHEA especially for older folks, recommends that people get bloodwork and coordinate their DHEA dose with those results.

I don't really see any point in someone who is under 35 years old considering DHEA, since their own body's levels are probably still pretty good.

LookImDancinCrazy!
06-25-2009, 08:30 PM
I am a male personal trainer and I don't want to recommend anything for females that could harm them. This includes mild side effects. So I wanted to ask the ladies, if they took dhea, at what dose, and how did it affect them? Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Took it transdermally. About 80mg daily. Not remotely anabolic. Could not recommend it as a stand-alone if anyone's goal is muscle gain. Very good energy and mental focus though w/o the peaks and valleys you get from stims. Can't really speak to sides as both DHEA only cycles were limited to 6 weeks. No sides during that short time period though.

FWIW I know another woman who is reporting exactly the same results. Energy, focus, no strength or muscle.