PDA

View Full Version : Forearm Pain

dbyrneryan
06-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Ive had this re-accuring injury for four years now and no one can figure out what it is, ive been told everything from tendonistis, to the fascia stretching and causing pain, physio says it isnt tennis elbow either...

Its a sharp pain that runs down the bottom of my forearm, right under the Ulna Bone, it starts 4inches down from my elbow, and runs for about 6inches...

I feel it most on Tricep days, and when releasing the bar after doing barbell curls, it dosent affect me on any other movement...

Any ideas on what it is, a cure, and future pevention other then the usual rest and no gym untill it goes, because that hasnt worked in the past...

mg659er
06-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Same here left outter forearm when palms are facing up! Right at the bend. Just started to hurt 2 wees ago and won't go away! percocet aint working either!

Shadow
06-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Ive had this re-accuring injury for four years now and no one can figure out what it is, ive been told everything from tendonistis, to the fascia stretching and causing pain, physio says it isnt tennis elbow either...

Its a sharp pain that runs down the bottom of my forearm, right under the Ulna Bone, it starts 4inches down from my elbow, and runs for about 6inches...

I feel it most on Tricep days, and when releasing the bar after doing barbell curls, it dosent affect me on any other movement...

Any ideas on what it is, a cure, and future pevention other then the usual rest and no gym untill it goes, because that hasnt worked in the past...

I've got the same problem. I haven't really seen anybody about it, I just work around it.

dbyrneryan
06-23-2009, 08:29 AM
So it seems like a pretty common problem, i havnt changed my training because of it, i just hope something dosent pop one of these days.

Zetawill
06-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I have the same pain. I think mine is related to two things. The main one is restricted blood flow in the area or a flooding of blood and then the pump from that.

It hurts like hell to let go of the bar on straight/ezbar curls unless I allow the color to come back to my fingers....which can sometimes take up to 30 seconds. Even then it still hurts sometimes. Sucks when you are doing strip sets and you don't have a partner.....I scream more from letting go of the bar than from the weight.

Wrapping Ace bandages around the area seems to help a lot, but I think it really effects how much growth I get.

dbyrneryan
06-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Any ideas yet on cause and cure?

MrDiamondCalves
06-29-2009, 08:06 AM
I have the same pain...sore as hell on arm days! I think it may have something to do with my wrists...

GarlicChicken
07-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I have this problem as well, though mine is a little more severe. Mine started as yours did, but then progressed to where it comes from my shoulder all the way down into my hand. It is called Ulnar Neuropathy. In my case, I had a 30 foot steel pole come loose from the fork lift, and I was holding the top. When it dropped, it stretched the nerves in my arms (nerves don't stretch). Now it is a chronic injury. I have heard that nerve relocation surgery might work. They move the nerve from the ulnar nerve groove to the other side of the arm. I don't have insurance now though, so I have to wait to get the surgery. Try to have your doc recommend you to a neurologist, and they can do a nerve conduction study to make sure this is the problem. Then they will try to get you to take some seizure meds that won't work. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know and I will try to help.

crashcrew56
07-28-2009, 12:21 AM
I have the same problem, except mine is from shirt benching, the only cure is time. It's soft tissue damage or something like that, it comes from stress at an unnatural angle. If I remember correctly you can take some athletic tape and tightly wrap it around the area that hurts and it should help to give you some support for it while you are lifitng.

My friend that's a physical therapist has the same problem and thats what he does for it