PDA

View Full Version : New changes in ontario!!..no more opa!!

melodyspetko
06-22-2009, 06:46 PM
This letter was sent to me by Julia Schatz.. Please read as there are many new things happening in Ontario.. It will be one day at a time but the changes will be positive and benefit the athletes in ontario ... Im very excited, this has been a long time coming!!!..:beerbang:

Dear Friends,

As you may have heard, the Ontario Physique Association (OPA) is no longer the recognized affiliate of the CBBF. As of June 21, 2009 the new affiliate is the CBBF Ontario Division.

We want to reassure you that your OPA membership and any qualifications gained competing in OPA shows will be automatically recognized by the new organization. Our goal is to make this a seamless transition. We understand that you may have questions, concerns, ideas and input and we welcome your contributions.

The CBBF Ontario Division has the following priorities:

1. The organization’s first priority shall be the athletes and the sponsors who support them.

2. A strong relationship with the CBBF and IFBB is an essential prerequisite for growth of the organization in Ontario .

3. A strong communication system with the athletes is required to ensure that their questions and concerns are answered in a timely manner. The establishment of a dedicated phone line and message centre to address athlete inquiries and the development of a website that is effective and up to date are the cornerstone of this system.

4. Culture of inclusion: our goal is to pursue beneficial coalitions with existing rival organizations to enhance opportunities for all athletes while at the same time strengthening the CBBF in Ontario .

During the initial transition and development period, the Ontario organization will operate under the direct supervision of the CBBF. This will ensure consistency with the goals and objectives of the parent organization. Guidance related to financial affairs, media policy, judging, etc., will be provided by the CBBF Executive team.

A transitional management team has been appointed by the CBBF based on experience, strong support within Ontario , and a capacity for competent leadership.

During the initial 2 year development phase (2009-2011), the management team will be:

President - Melanie Horton
Vice President - Laura Binetti
Chief Judging Official - Julia Schatz
Media rep - Glen Grant

Following the transition period, there will be a general election of the entire membership to select the management team for the subsequent term.

We will keep you posted as more information becomes available. Be sure to look for updates sent by email and on our website www.cbbf-on.com (http://www.cbbf-on.com/) for more news and information. (website will be live soon!)

prettymuscles
06-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Change will be good for Ontario - i've also found this on Facebook.. Some people made comments if you want to check them out:

http://www.facebook.com/cbbf.ontario?ref=nf#/note.php?note_id=103862746471&ref=mf

NEW CBBF ONTARIO DIVISION CLEARS UP QUESTIONS
News
Tuesday, 23 June 2009 00:00
Since the demise of the Ontario Physique Association was announced a couple of days ago, there has been a lot of speculation how this could impact many of the registered athletes and upcoming shows. Face book has been abuzz as competitors respond to the newly formed organization ,called the CBBF Ontario Division (COD , that will be replacing the OPA. Previous Vice President of OPA and IFBB Pro Melanie Horton, who stepped down earlier this year, presides as the new President of COD with fellow IFBB Pro and promoter Laura Binetti as Vice-President. Both women have been active in working with athletes and promoting shows for many years and have the experience to create a new organization that best represents the interests of the athletes and supporters of fitness and bodybuilding.

As there are some questions amongst the athletes who made up the previous membership of the OPA, Melanie Horton responds to some of the major concerns on people’s minds.

Q: Why was the CBBF Ontario Division created?A: While the current OPA Executive has managed the organization for a number of years, it is respectfully submitted that the current direction of the OPA does not fully embrace or act on the opportunities available to promote bodybuilding and fitness in Ontario. It is recognized that new direction and change can be most effectively managed by a fresh management perspective, free of the historic relationships, positions and other factors that may limit the future success of the organization and its athletes.

Q: I am getting ready to compete in one of the OPA shows that was scheduled for 2009. Will these events still be held?A: We are working with Jamor Promotions to ensure that their planned events will continue as scheduled. There may be changes to some of the other contests and we will notify competitors as soon as the remaining 2009 schedule can be confirmed.

Q: I qualified for a National event at a recent OPA show. Can I still compete at the National level?A: Yes. The CBBF has guaranteed that Ontario athletes, who qualified at a Provincial OPA event, will be eligible for the National competitions in 2009.

Q: Will the CBBF Ontario Division cover entry fees for athletes who are going to Nationals?A: We are working to provide as much support as possible to the 2009 National teams from Ontario. At this time, the former OPA has not transferred any of the funds collected for memberships or sanctions fees so our budget is limited; however, we are working with some options which would provide eligible athletes with a bursary for the Nationals.

Q: Do I have to rejoin the new organization?A: No. A CBBF Ontario Division membership will automatically be issued to current members of the OPA. Since we do not have the official membership list from the OPA we may miss some athletes. Please contact us if you are a member but have not received any confirmation in the mail. Also, a lifetime membership will be provided to all professional athletes at no charge. In addition, new membership categories will be offered at a reduced rate for supports and for athletes who want to maintain their membership but are taking a year off from competing. To contact the CBBF Ontario Division directly, email Melanie Horton at [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

prettymuscles
06-25-2009, 01:04 PM
There is also a petition but i'm not too sure why a petition is needed.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/5/we-support-the-cbbf-ontario-division

Julia
06-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Thank you for all your support and this change is good. The petition is simply to show your support so please sign it and on behalf of the CBBF Ontario Division; we look forward to working with all of you and bringing you the members opportunities that were not availbale to you before.

prettymuscles
06-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm just going to deliver the message here.. but its getting really messy in Ontario

http://www.cbbfontario.com/

http://www.bao.on.ca/

New website for CBBF Ontario Division - (under construction)
http://www.cbbf-on.com/

.DP
06-27-2009, 07:45 AM
I don't get it, what's the purpose of disolving an organization just to replace it with the same management?

If someone stepped down as VP a year prior why would they come back as the Pres?

prettymuscles
06-28-2009, 12:27 AM
I don't get it either. And now i'm sure some athletes are confused because they still need to diet and workout for "possible" upcoming shows in the fall. Put the politics aside because if it wasn't for the athletes and spectators there wouldn't be a Canadian Bodybuilding Association.

Trent
06-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Thank you for all your support and this change is good. The petition is simply to show your support so please sign it and on behalf of the CBBF Ontario Division; we look forward to working with all of you and bringing you the members opportunities that were not availbale to you before.

Why is this change good? I believe this change is very bad.
You're asking people to sign a petition for support, NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPORTING!
All one needs to do is read about what is happening on www.CBBFOntario.com (http://www.CBBFOntario.com) to learn of how corrupt things have gotten on the National level.
The fact is, there is not a single promoter who is willing to promote shows for this CBBF Ontario. (except for the promoters who are also executives of CBBF Ontario) Why is that? The promoters who promote bodybuilding shows have been around for years... they know of all the politics, they know who has hidden agendas, and they know who to trust. The promoters have chosen to support the OPA, and NOT this new CBBF Ontario. This to me, says A LOT.

Trent
06-29-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't get it, what's the purpose of disolving an organization just to replace it with the same management?

If someone stepped down as VP a year prior why would they come back as the Pres?

You are 10,000% correct! If someone wanted to take over the OPA, they could run in an election against the current president of the OPA, in an open, respectable manner.
Instead, the people running this CBBF Ontario backstabbed, lied, and betrayed 'friends' of many years.
As the largest sponsor of OPA bodybuilding shows, my company will have nothing to do with this new CBBF Ontario. This has nothing to do with a political agenda for me, on the contrary, it would be in our best interest to support this new thing, but out of principle, we cannot support people who are capable of such treachery. They just can't be trusted, and I'm not going to leave our company open to any damage that they might do in the future.

scubydew
07-16-2009, 07:55 AM
This is an absolutely pile of crap coming from you. It is ABSOLUTELY political for you as you have relied on the OPA for years. You know, all too well, the facts behind everything. Is it not true that this "oh so fact-based" website cbbfontario.com was actually registerred by YOU!? It's nothing more than a tabloid filled with complete bull. It's pretty evident after reading the very first statement. "Mark S resigning?" LOL - This I KNOW to be untrue.

This change is to help the ATHLETES, not further the agenda of promoters and certain weasel "media reps" (D.S.?) that have been dipping into many different association pockets for too long (mega conflict of interest) in order to further a career.

Bottom line - this change is GOOD for the athletes and NO ATHLETES will be affected negatively due to this. On the contrary!

BigCanuck
07-18-2009, 12:21 AM
this is an absolutely pile of crap coming from you. It is absolutely political for you as you have relied on the opa for years. You know, all too well, the facts behind everything. Is it not true that this "oh so fact-based" website cbbfontario.com was actually registerred by you!? It's nothing more than a tabloid filled with complete bull. It's pretty evident after reading the very first statement. "mark s resigning?" lol - this i know to be untrue.

This change is to help the athletes, not further the agenda of promoters and certain weasel "media reps" (d.s.?) that have been dipping into many different association pockets for too long (mega conflict of interest) in order to further a career.

Bottom line - this change is good for the athletes and no athletes will be affected negatively due to this. On the contrary!

right on !

Dan Kennedy
07-20-2009, 08:01 AM
The CBBF Ontario site is now up....

http://www.cbbf-on.com/index.html

Dan

NATURAL-1987
08-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I want to say that Mr.Hache has been nothing but a good guy to me. So has the CBBF board and I consider them all friends.I believe that with FAME,IDFA,UFE,WBFF and all these federations starting in Ontario, has been one of the problems.They all seem to be growing rapidly. Second is that no bodybuilder wants to go on stage at a high school gym.third is that 3 levels is too many. I think that the CBBF asked the OPA to step it up and make some changes to better the sport in ontario and the changes werent made. I do find it interesting though that the OPA now has $10,000 in cash they are giving people at the Natural Ontario's. $1000 for each overall winner! this is a huge jump from the $100 each national athlete usually gets along with a gym bag and jacket from the OPA. Not sure what to make of it all,but I know for a fact the CBBF wants nothing more then to do what they feel is best for the sport of bodybuilding in ontario and especially the athletes. I would have not made this change half way through the year though because I think it is leaving some people confused.