PDA

View Full Version : Softening up/Next competition.....

MagnumFitness
05-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Hello...

I've recently competed in class of almost 40 contestants and came in 4th. I received feedback from the judges that my muscularity was a little over what they are looking for and that it what kept me from placing higher (I am on the far right). That was it, I did'nt get any feedback concerning other things to change, just that.

Post the show I was a little liberal with my macros just soften up (which was a phrase I kept hearing) a bit. Now I am 5.5 weeks away from my next show. I'm wondering if I went overboard or do I still have time to come in tight and balanced by early June. I also didn't want to get too soft in the chance that may do a Jr. National level contest immediately following.

I would definitely appreciate any feedback/advice.

Jude2
05-01-2013, 11:37 PM
If I judge that group you are first out of them. Yes u have time to tighten up and u need to. You need to bring that contest look to Jr nationals. Good physique.

tammyp
05-02-2013, 05:27 AM
nationals is very diff from a local show.....bring the same package

MagnumFitness
05-02-2013, 02:18 PM
If I judge that group you are first out of them. Yes u have time to tighten up and u need to. You need to bring that contest look to Jr nationals. Good physique.

Thanks so much! Lol, I nees to compete where you judge!

I'd only have a week in between my next show (Atlantic States) and then going on to Jr. Nationals, so I just want to make the right move. I also want to respect the judges and show them that I am listening to their feedback. I was thinking maybe to carb up a bit more and maybe that will give me that look on that day.

MagnumFitness
05-02-2013, 03:27 PM
nationals is very diff from a local show.....bring the same package

Thanks Tammy. I see you're in NY, so I'd imagine you'd be familiar with the shows I'm doing (the pic above is from the Mets). I'm gearing up for Atlantic States and then possibly Jr. Nationals. Depending on how I look by the registration deadline, I may pass on Jr. Nationals and then work to come in tight for Team Universe in July. Just trying to find the middle ground of respecting the judge's feedback to improve my standing in NY without sabotaging me for competing at the next level.

I've only been competing for about 6 months, so it's all new. Thanks again!

Jude2
05-13-2013, 08:59 PM
I am juding the Greater Gulf States in June in New Orleans. It is a National Q show and the guys and girls who win almost always turn pro .

IslandGirl
06-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Did you do Jr. Nationals? I was there. The competition was stiff. Out of the 4 other guys you posted, you are the most muscular guy in that group, but like Tammy said local shows are different from a national show. They are going more muscular than they did last year. If anything, looks like your shorts are sitting to high. I would lower it just a tad.