PDA

View Full Version : sprinting and bodybuilding

gman
06-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Just throwing this out for discussion. Is there any scientific basis to the "bodybuilders never run" theory? I ask this because I ran across this pic of Maurice Green, former 100m record holder, and went "DAMN!" I have a few people telling me to try intervals (sprints) to see if it helps lean me out some.

He sure isn't burning any muscle doing sprints, that's for damn sure:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4_rsf7QG-mg/SLPvVzB_KVI/AAAAAAAAATo/-VUEZ-aZm1o/s320/Maurice_Green.jpg

sassy69
06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
HIIT / sprints are a very powerful fat burning tool. I think its the volume of it that could push you into catabolism. I don't know that its something to choose completely over steady-state cardio but rather one more weapon in your fat burning arsenal. Just like keto diets, carb cycling, and other types of diets - for whatever is your goal.

gman
06-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks, Sassy. I might throw in a day or two a week where I do some wind sprints now that it is summer. It's not like I am competing anytime soon, might as well experiment.

Tre
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
HIIT / sprints are a very powerful fat burning tool. I think its the volume of it that could push you into catabolism. I don't know that its something to choose completely over steady-state cardio but rather one more weapon in your fat burning arsenal. Just like keto diets, carb cycling, and other types of diets - for whatever is your goal.
I don't wanna be fat bastard anymore!

gogeta5
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
HIT cardio does deliver results when it comes to fat burning,but the thing is that each is a different individual,thus you can only determine whether that kind of cardio is eefective for you only by the trial & error proccess.there are people out there that have such a metabolism that cardio must be kept to minimum when it comes to building muscle.That being said I ask another question taking the example above;what if Maurice Green didn't do that kind of cardio& generally didn't sprint but instead tried bodybuilding?would he have become something like ronnie or would he be a nobody?genetics is what will determine for you what's best;try HIT cardio,maybe for your body will deliver wonders,maybe no.I tried that years ago,but I 'm a naturally ectomorph,I kept burning calories,in the end "meat".

BigJD69
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I would run hills after my leg workouts to bring out the detail in my legs!

gman
06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
I believe I have more of a sprinter build under the fat, my legs are sprinter legs for sure. I think I might try it for a couple of months just to shake things up. Once or twice a week. What would be a good beginner program?

Walking endless hours on the treadmill this winter did absolutely zero to my waistline.

gogeta5
06-23-2009, 04:00 PM
well I would start off with 20 minutes on the treadmill.I'm an ectomorph with long limps I don't know if that means I have a sprinters legs,but I tried interval cardio,for instance 20 min would mean 2 minutes warm up,1 min sprint,1 min walking,1,5 min sprint,1 min walking,1,5 min sprint,1 min walking,2 min sprint,1 min walking,2 min sprint,1 min walking,1,5 min sprint,1 min walking,1 min sprint & then 1,5 min walkin & cool off.I suggest trying it but do't go over 30 minutes per session,I think it's too much strain for the body.on a weekly basis I 'd saybegin by 2-3 sessions & gradually reach 4-5 sessions.more than that I think that is too much,or simply your diet isn't helping you;I remember trying some years ago,I did it 4 times a week for 20 min per session It did burned calories but what too many for my metabolism,as i started losing weight too fast.Maybe I should have done like 2-3 sessions,anyway I find it more effective for body now to just walk on a high incline;as for boredome,I watch movies,series,anime & stuff on my PSP.try it & tell us the results

gman
06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
I am much closer to a sprinter body than a marathoner, that's for sure. If I hear no objections I am going to start doing this some, maybe even actually running on grass instead of the treadmill. There is a perfect little grass field by the Y that would be perfect for it. 10 60 second sprints, 10 2 minute rest (slow walk intervals) like you said. Total time of 30 minutes. What the hell, I might get ripped by doing it, who knows?

Now to determine: how fast is fast for a middle aged guy with 40 extra lbs of fat? I guess I can figure it out, if I puke the first day, maybe I ran too fast. lol

gogeta5
06-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Well fast varries in each individual;it all depends on how fast your heart is beating;if lets say you have when relaxed 70 bpm,then 200 is really fast.I remember in the army the doctors used to tell us a way to determing the 75% of our max,that (220-your age) x 0,75.If you want your 90% then multiply by 0.90.but that's a general rule,if you have high blood pressure naturally,then that won't help you much.try a heart beat monitor & generally human beings consider 200 bpm fast

tammyp
06-23-2009, 04:49 PM
i have done sprint work while prepping and think its a great tool to help lean out the legs, but no more than 2 x a wk...i like doing it on the track, sprint the straight away, walk or lunge the curves.

sassy69
06-23-2009, 05:19 PM
FWIW I've been doing SS treadmill cardio for the last couple years because I've got knee problems and a lifetime of shinsplints problems from running in the halls for track in Jr High. I am getting diced doing walking cardio.

For HIIT, because it requires some conditioning to really do well w/ with, I'd recommend start w/ 2-3 x/week. 20 mins each. Consider 1 cycle = 30 sec sprint + 90-120 sec recovery. So consider a 2 min recovery for starters. 1 HIIT session would look like:

5 min warmup
30 sec sprint + 120 sec recovery
5 min cool down

Then as you deem comfortable, you can reduce your recovery time or up your cycle, and fiddle w/ your warm up & cool down. General debate around how long HIIT should go but generally recommended not longer than 40 min for a complete session.

And of course these can be done on anything - treadmill, bike, Precor, etc. If you have access to a standard track, you could sprint a 200, and then job the remainder of the lap, repeat.

gman
06-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Sounds good, I will try it on Friday which is my easiest lifting day and will give me the weekend to recover for legs on Monday. Then I will have to figure out how to fit it in my training cycle. M-legs T-chest, W-back, Th-shoulders, Fr-arms, S and S off. Would Tuesday and Friday be ok to do HIIT?

sassy69
06-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Sounds good, I will try it on Friday which is my easiest lifting day and will give me the weekend to recover for legs on Monday. Then I will have to figure out how to fit it in my training cycle. M-legs T-chest, W-back, Th-shoulders, Fr-arms, S and S off. Would Tuesday and Friday be ok to do HIIT?

Sounds good :)

Youngguns
06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
I believe I have more of a sprinter build under the fat, my legs are sprinter legs for sure. I think I might try it for a couple of months just to shake things up. Once or twice a week. What would be a good beginner program?

Walking endless hours on the treadmill this winter did absolutely zero to my waistline.
what does that mean?

esplendido
06-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Tammy, I understand your theory, but you can't spot-reduce fat....you know that. Now, you can develop more muscle in an area, and it's size can press more tightly against the skin, showing more separation.

esplendido
06-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Mike, the problem with anaerobic exercise is that it is high glucose burning. When you deplete the glucose stores while performing the exercise, the body will manufacture some of the needed glucose by metabolising muscle. Do you see the dilemma?

Some sprinters lift to make their upper bodies stronger, knowing that arm speed = leg speed. Maurice Green might be 20lbs more muscular if he didn't train as a sprinter, however. Just because he's a muscular sprinter doesn't mean that he has the amount of muscle he could with the same workouts sans sprinting.

But I know you're frustrated with your weight, so if sprinting helps you lose, what's a little muscle sacrifice to get lean. You can always build it back once you hit the weight you want.

gman
06-24-2009, 06:41 AM
what does that mean?

look at my legs.

definitely not built for marathoning,more for sprinting. I get asked all the time if I played running back in high school.

Dom
06-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Sprints worked very well for me, Recovery was key in building in my case. Legs looked and felt much better and my midsection went down faster and looked better. Having said that , sprints was not the only thing I did for my cardio. I did a couple of day of sprints out side and the rest in side at the gym on the elliptical. Eveyone will find its different for them, but it did help in my experience.

gman
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Dom, for the personal report. I am thinking of the same kind of thing. Just a couple of 20-30 minute sessions a week. Lord knows, I couldn't look any worse for doing it.

I am willing to try anything to get this waist down. I am so sick of being fat.

The alternative is to give up and go into strongman, but I am not ready to give up quite yet.

Dom
06-25-2009, 10:29 AM
The most important thing is to have fun with it. I have done it to myself. I spent 3 years with a coach/trainer and made VERY little improvements. Found Rx , Dave , Rick, ect and I love it again and its soooo much more fun. I always say " Dont over think it " . Again just my thoughts. ;)

gman
06-25-2009, 11:01 AM
I dabbled with it today. Walked 2 miles to the Y, did my shoulder work out, the walked outside and did a 75 yard sprint across the field, walked back to the starting point, and repeated 4 times. Not a great deal of sprinting, but it was fun. Next time I will do it 10-12 times. Most importantly, I did not pull a muscle, or trip and fall! lol

I actually ran a full marathon at the age of 31. I love running, but I am a distance runner trapped in a stout man's body!

Even when I was training for the marathon by running 45-50 miles a week, I still weighed 185-190 lbs!

HeavyDutyGuy
06-25-2009, 11:36 AM
I think your problem might have more to do with shutting down your metabolism than type of cardio per se. I sometimes do higher intensity cardio, not a lot. As Rick mentioned, it burns more glucose, and that's what fuels your weight training. If you're on a low calorie/low carb or keto diet, you aren't going to have enough glucose to do both. HIIT works well- for athletes and general population, who aren't training as intensely with weights while dieting as strict. Try it, but maybe once a week, and do LSD cardio the rest. And hey, you can do other forms besides walking on the treadmill. Just keep your heart rate in the recommended range.

sassy69
06-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I think your problem might have more to do with shutting down your metabolism than type of cardio per se. I sometimes do higher intensity cardio, not a lot. As Rick mentioned, it burns more glucose, and that's what fuels your weight training. If you're on a low calorie/low carb or keto diet, you aren't going to have enough glucose to do both. HIIT works well- for athletes and general population, who aren't training as intensely with weights while dieting as strict. Try it, but maybe once a week, and do LSD cardio the rest. And hey, you can do other forms besides walking on the treadmill. Just keep your heart rate in the recommended range.

May also consider tweaking your diet?

There are so many factors that go into how your body responds. Often its good to review where you are at w/ everything and see if you need to either tweak something or completely change up to spur some new response to end the stall out.

gman
06-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I have been in a drifting mode since stopping Dave's diet in mid April. I gained most of the weight back but actually look a little better than I did last time I weighed this much. Right now I am 220 on the dot. I have to say I enjoy eating carbs again, but I am about 100x hungrier than when on keto. In fact, I can honestly say right now that I could eat a small meal at the top of every hour I am awake, and never be full. My hunger is just continuous.

I am trying to figure out what to do next. I have never competed, but I have tried all kinds of diets, and my discipline gene seems to have about a 12 week limit. I can go 12 weeks without cheating, and then I just crash and burn because the loss always stalls out around then, and I say screw it, it's not working! The best diet I ever did in terms of losing weight was when I just ate chicken, tuna, and frozen veggies every meal. It worked great, but who can eat like that forever?

I am thinking I need to do just a lifestyle diet for a while, think of a long term goal 1 year out, and try to just lose 1 lb a week and reassess every so often.

Hopefully I will see someone in person at Pittsburgh who can give me a once over in 3 dimensions and an honest assessment of how I really look. I have nobody here locally, no training partner, no coach, etc. I think I am obese, but I may just have a bad self image. I feel bad that I do not have the discipline necessary to be a bodybuilder, so far anyway. I feel great that I have stuck with working out 5 times a week for almost 5 years now, but the diet part is something I am struggling constantly with.

How's that for being totally honest with my peeps here on the Master's section?! lol

Tate
06-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Some sprinters lift to make their upper bodies stronger, knowing that arm speed = leg speed.
True!! faster u can move those arms the faster your strides will be

sassy69
06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Dieting "generally" vs dieting for a show are two completely different things because w/ dieting for a show, you have a very specific goal, and also pass through various phases of the diet as opposed to just 12 weeks straight of the same. IMO the mental portion of a competition diet is what challenges you the most, as well as what drives you the most. Going thru your first competition is by far the biggest mindfuck you will ever put yourself thru, but it is also the greatest learning experience and sense of accomplishment because you blow thru mental barriers you never thought you could or would have to cross through. And at the end of the day, you prove to yourself that you can make that amazing transformation, and also you now have the tools & experience to do it again. IMO its the KNOWING that you can, that makes such a difference. This is what seems to be the defeat of most diets (I'm thinking of women who feel like they are perpetually victims of their own genetics / bodies and cant' ever achieve their goals cuz they simply can't see how to do it. It just takes consistency & time.)

gman
06-25-2009, 02:17 PM
I would love to do a show, but I need to lose some fat before I go on a contest diet. It's a conundrum. I am way too heavy to do a contest diet right now. I need to shed 50-55 lbs minimum to do a show. Maybe that's why I get discouraged so easily, because I have so far to go, and give up too easily! Part of it too is that I have never been in lean condition my entire adult life, and that is an easy excuse to fall back on (as in this type of rationalizing "I am just destined to be fat.").

I need to try to just get to under 200lbs, then think about contest dieting to 165. Bite it off in easier pieces. I just cannot envision picking a contest in October and shedding 55 lbs by then.

Am I in the best shape of my life? Yes. Am I working hard at the gym: Yes. Should I be proud: yes!
Can I do better: Emphatic Yes! What's holding me back? The hell if I know!

esplendido
06-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Mike, I know you're frustrated with my advice and very frustrated in general. You made 2 revealing points; you have no one to work out with and you struggle with the bodybuilding diet life. Without someone to push you through workouts and to give you a fair assessment of what you need to work on, it's difficult to move forward. And without believing that a diet will be successful you can't stay on one long enough to see credible results.

You need a knowledgable and local trainer to help you. I don't see any other way knowing what you're going through.

gman
06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
we were cross posting Rick! If you didn't see my post above, it might reveal my good and bad psychological factors a little. Your advice is very sound, but I am very bad at following advice. One problem with me is that I tend to be to analytical and I listen to too many people because they all make sense. I need to pick a method and stick with it, put the blinders on, and stop making excuses.

Anyway, you are right, I do need an in-person trainer. I have yet to meet anyone in the area who is a bodybuilder and a trainer. You would think in the 28th largest metropolitan area in the US that there would be a bigger bodybuilding community. I need to somehow figure out where this subculture hangs out in Virginia Beach, then maybe I can find a trainer that can push me. It is like the twilight zone around here though. I am one of only 3-4 guys at my gym who even do deadlifts and squats. Where the hell are the bodybuilders? lol

sassy69
06-26-2009, 01:23 AM
we were cross posting Rick! If you didn't see my post above, it might reveal my good and bad psychological factors a little. Your advice is very sound, but I am very bad at following advice. One problem with me is that I tend to be to analytical and I listen to too many people because they all make sense. I need to pick a method and stick with it, put the blinders on, and stop making excuses.

Anyway, you are right, I do need an in-person trainer. I have yet to meet anyone in the area who is a bodybuilder and a trainer. You would think in the 28th largest metropolitan area in the US that there would be a bigger bodybuilding community. I need to somehow figure out where this subculture hangs out in Virginia Beach, then maybe I can find a trainer that can push me. It is like the twilight zone around here though. I am one of only 3-4 guys at my gym who even do deadlifts and squats. Where the hell are the bodybuilders? lol

I ask myself that every time I walk into my gym. There are like 5 guys who are serious meatheads. A couple of Oly guys and a couple Crossfitters. The rest are posers are people who come but aren't really sure what they're there for. The saving grace is this one guy who comes in wearing a wifebeater, the neon Zubaz and hightop Otomix. He did get rid of his mullet a few yrs ago as I understand.

RE: you're analytical and listen to everyone..... As an analytical person you know the only way you can isolate the significant variables in a mulitvariate system, is by holding everything else constant and studying one variable at a time. Obviously this takes time, but if you're serious about it, you'll give your body the time to show you what it likes and what it doesn't like. That's why BB is a lifetime pursuit. Anyone who thinks they can train for a couple months & get on stage is full of shit (unless they are genetically gifted....). Its a lifetime, not a season.

I don't know what to tell you about looking for a local trainer - they can be hard to find. Have you looked in the Yellow Pages or anything like that? STart looking & ask around. All the people I've worked w/ have been found by word of mouth. Some sucked, others rocked. But to a degree you have to do the due diligence to find someone who is selling what you want (vs trying to sell you whatever they have). Its important to listen to that person for long enough to see if results are produced, assuming you stick to the protocol honestly & consistently. I tend to gauge my trainers by how well they answer questions. If they can't explain to me why this or that method or worse yet, won't and expect me to just listen blindly, I'm not sure I want to deal w/ them. But its a learning process as well, to pick out bullshit.

And everything you learn along the way goes into your own arsenal of stuff so you never really lose, no matter what you do. And you'll discover more about yourself along the way.

gogeta5
06-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Well I live in greece & let me tell you around here there are no bodybuilders left,for example in my gym there are like 300 members,but we're only 2 & I make sure I am in the gym by 7.30-8.00 in the morning & I 'm out by 10.00,they don't like us very much.There are more than 20 personal trainers in there & only 1 is in great shape,the rest of them are obese to say the least & they say,don't take any supplements & don't eat that much,you'll damage your liver & kidneys stuff every day...they're obese & I'm in a health risk...???welcome to planet Greece where the trees grow upside down & the birds swim throughout the ocean...

esplendido
06-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Well I live in greece & let me tell you around here there are no bodybuilders left,for example in my gym there are like 300 members,but we're only 2 & I make sure I am in the gym by 7.30-8.00 in the morning & I 'm out by 10.00,they don't like us very much.There are more than 20 personal trainers in there & only 1 is in great shape,the rest of them are obese to say the least & they say,don't take any supplements & don't eat that much,you'll damage your liver & kidneys stuff every day...they're obese & I'm in a health risk...???welcome to planet Greece where the trees grow upside down & the birds swim throughout the ocean...

LOL! I feel for you, brother! It's no different on this half of the planet! I see trainers in worse shape than their clients all the time....and I swear they make stuff up as exercises for their clients, too.

sassy69
06-26-2009, 12:06 PM
LOL! I feel for you, brother! It's no different on this half of the planet! I see trainers in worse shape than their clients all the time....and I swear they make stuff up as exercises for their clients, too.

Its such an amazing pile of bullshit. It really does amaze me, and they completely miss that there is a progression from the girl who flaps around w/ the pink weights to the guy who DL's 600 lb - but its all the same basic stuff. Whether you do it on a BOSU ball w/ a kettle bell or seated w/ a set of DBs. But they package it like its some new thing and look at us like we're freakazoids from the Planet Juice.

For the most part, I get really good responses from people at the gym when I'm cutting, beause whether or not they know me, they see me in the gym at the same time every night. I am very nice to most people, but if they are doing something stupid on a piece of eqpt I need I will be a bit snippy asking how many sets they have left to get them moving. But there's this one kinda horsefaced trainer w/ a nice body ("Fit" & "toned") who never talks to me but always kinda gives me that look.... I make a point to stand near her & her clients so they know wtf real muscle looks like. I'm doing pretty much the same exercises they are, but w/ some real weight. I think women, in particular, need to know that their bodies are strong and they are insulting their muscles by flapping around w/ 5 lb weights cuz they "just want to tone".

Dom
06-26-2009, 12:13 PM
we're freakazoids from the Planet Juice.

I like that one!!!:bowdown:

sassy69
06-26-2009, 04:21 PM
we're freakazoids from the Planet Juice.

I like that one!!!:bowdown:

Take me to your Weider.

gogeta5
06-26-2009, 05:12 PM
well sassy69 yor live in the brighter part of the planet,cause on my side,the fat-obese personal trainers are always right,cause they went to the Greek gymnastic academy (it's a greek university with 4 branches across the country) & so they have a diploma that says they are experts.you wanna know the even funnier...?in the greek gymnastic academy you need at least 4 years to graduate (some students are so lazy that they take 10 years to graduate,but nobody tells them anything) they come out with a gymnastic diploma to teach children in the schools,to work as personal trainers etc,BUT WEIGHT TRAINING IS NOT I REPEAT NOT A BASIC TO GRADUATE!you can take it optionaly IF they find a teacher to teach it & IF there are more than 20 pupils in each class that want it.So no,basically there can be 2-3 years before 20 pupils gather & take a lesson by a 50 years old obese teacher.& thosetrainers are now fat & tell their clients & children,don't use free weights,it's not nesessary,never squat & deadlift,it's dangerous,you 'll injure yourself for sure & listen to this...you don't need more than 150 grams of protein if you are 200pounds...if you take more you 'll damage your kidneys & liver...yes,I know they 're idiots,but hey on this side of the planet they cal me an idiot...I bodybuild...I squat...I deadlift...I eat 7 times a day...I sleep 9 hours a day...they 're obese & look the same no matter what,but I'm still the weirdo...God I miss Krypton...

sassy69
06-26-2009, 07:08 PM
well sassy69 yor live in the brighter part of the planet,cause on my side,the fat-obese personal trainers are always right,cause they went to the Greek gymnastic academy (it's a greek university with 4 branches across the country) & so they have a diploma that says they are experts.you wanna know the even funnier...?in the greek gymnastic academy you need at least 4 years to graduate (some students are so lazy that they take 10 years to graduate,but nobody tells them anything) they come out with a gymnastic diploma to teach children in the schools,to work as personal trainers etc,BUT WEIGHT TRAINING IS NOT I REPEAT NOT A BASIC TO GRADUATE!you can take it optionaly IF they find a teacher to teach it & IF there are more than 20 pupils in each class that want it.So no,basically there can be 2-3 years before 20 pupils gather & take a lesson by a 50 years old obese teacher.& thosetrainers are now fat & tell their clients & children,don't use free weights,it's not nesessary,never squat & deadlift,it's dangerous,you 'll injure yourself for sure & listen to this...you don't need more than 150 grams of protein if you are 200pounds...if you take more you 'll damage your kidneys & liver...yes,I know they 're idiots,but hey on this side of the planet they cal me an idiot...I bodybuild...I squat...I deadlift...I eat 7 times a day...I sleep 9 hours a day...they 're obese & look the same no matter what,but I'm still the weirdo...God I miss Krypton...

Can always look at it this way -- when they die off from heart disease & Type 2 Diabetes, we get the weight room to ourselves! Its a war of attrition!

gman
06-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Well now we know at least one country where PT's are worse than the ones here in America.

Joking, I know there are good ones here in many cases.

gogeta5
06-27-2009, 08:18 AM
well you can find some good ones here but they don't pay them enough money (the basic paycheck here in greece is about 500€ monthly that's around 700$,but you need at least 320€ to rend a tiny apartement,food costs a lot & 2 pound of whey cost from 45-60€,1 pound of creatine mono varies from 40-50€,a multi from 30-50€,so imagine how much you need for a basic stack like protein+multi+creatine,about 150€ a month)so most of the ood ones end up as taxi or bus drivers,delivery boys or girls,working on construction sites & stuff.But if you're like the ones in my gym,then ok you can have 2500€ per month,you worth it,you don't bodybuild (women & men aren't attracted by BBers here,they say it's hideous,women here love what they call the "beer Bely",it's a sighn of goodliving & sexy for men,thank God my wife thinks it's a sign of death coming...)& you act like you know it all,based on a book you read to take your diploma that was written in 1972 (yes that old books they teach in the academy),& when you tell them you look fat & unhealthy,they say they've studies,they 've got diplomas,they know & you don't & people actually believe them cause that's the way it is here,if you have a diploma then you're an expert...the fact that you're obese doesn't matter...you're an expert...

sassy69
06-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Take me to your Weider.

Did anyone get my joke? I thought it was pretty creative ;)

esplendido
06-27-2009, 01:37 PM

I got it! :D

sassy69
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM
I got it! :D

LOL! :p

I laughed when I wrote it. My cat looked at my like "get a life".

gogeta5
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I got it too,but I don't think your cat got it...lol...

sassy69
06-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I got it too,but I don't think your cat got it...lol...

He doesn't really care,.. I think just generally he thinks I'm lame and only cats are cool.

gogeta5
06-27-2009, 02:57 PM
really now,my wife always says that cats are more intelligent than they appear & that they have a plan to rule the world,a conspiracy,maybe you cat knows something,maybe he leads them...that's why he thinks only cats are cool...

gman
06-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I would have got it, but I thought it was pronounced Wider, not Weeder.

Dom
06-27-2009, 06:14 PM

I got it, just a little late!:beerbang:

sassy69
06-27-2009, 08:31 PM
really now,my wife always says that cats are more intelligent than they appear & that they have a plan to rule the world,a conspiracy,maybe you cat knows something,maybe he leads them...that's why he thinks only cats are cool...

The general theory I operate with is that all cats are aliens and they take on a cat form to observe us before they take over the world.

sassy69
06-27-2009, 08:32 PM
I would have got it, but I thought it was pronounced Wider, not Weeder.

Weider is what happened to the muscle mag industry, wider is what will happen to me after my competition.

Rocco1943
06-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Weider is what happened to the muscle mag industry, wider is what will happen to me after my competition.
I'm ok with weider, but I really like wider. lol:bowdown::bowdown:

SCRUBS
07-02-2009, 12:43 PM

Now that was funny:D