PDA

View Full Version : How much Omega 3s and green tea..?

Yolo
06-24-2009, 05:50 AM
... for a 155 lbs female trainee trying to lose weight?

I'm thinking around 4 grams omega 3s and 2 litres green tea:confused::confused:

your input is greatly appreciated

Frosty
06-24-2009, 11:41 AM
I'd rather go with a green tea extract of known concentration and do 500-1000mg, and 1g/10 lbs bodyweight of standard fish oil.

Palumbos Boy
06-24-2009, 12:08 PM
I'd rather go with a green tea extract of known concentration and do 500-1000mg, and 1g/10 lbs bodyweight of standard fish oil.

3000mg daily and 2 cups of green tea a day is fine, wont do miracles though

Yolo
06-24-2009, 12:09 PM

I hear you on the green tea extract, however it's very hard to find where I'm at. Also, the fish oil seems a bit... excessive?? Thanks for your input

Yolo
06-24-2009, 12:10 PM
3000mg daily and 2 cups of green tea a day is fine, wont do miracles though

Miracles are not expected, but anything that could help fatloss is of interest.:)

Frosty
06-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I hear you on the green tea extract, however it's very hard to find where I'm at. Also, the fish oil seems a bit... excessive?? Thanks for your input

Excessive? Eat a few pieces of salmon and you're eating more fish fat than this. You asked for doses to lose weight, not just minimal doses for some health effects like 3g.

I don't know how much actual green tea is needed for effect, though.

Yolo
06-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Excessive? Eat a few pieces of salmon and you're eating more fish fat than this. You asked for doses to lose weight, not just minimal doses for some health effects like 3g.

I don't know how much actual green tea is needed for effect, though.

I meant excessive in the sense that those would be a great deal of pills and people are really paranoid when it comes to that.

Frosty
06-24-2009, 12:21 PM
You can use straight oil, then if possible.

Or you could get a more highly concentrated fish oil so you could take 8 pills instead of 16.

Yolo
06-24-2009, 12:22 PM
You can use straight oil, then if possible.

Or you could get a more highly concentrated fish oil so you could take 8 pills instead of 16.

Gotcha, I'll just have to track some down...:cloud:

Frosty
06-24-2009, 12:25 PM
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Mega-EFA-Omega-3-EPA-DHA-2126-mg-240-Softgels

Yolo
06-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Ah, thanks for that. The only problem is I'm in Romania, this is why finding the right stuff is so damn hard.

Frosty
06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Ahh sorry man, I don't think I can help ya there. :o

Maybe just use regular oil? Or just explain to the lady that the regular pills are really just oil and that you'd get that much oil if you ate a couple pieces of fatty salmon? People seem to associate pills with drugs, but explaining how it's just a dietary fat eases the worry in my opinion.

Yolo
06-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Ahh sorry man, I don't think I can help ya there. :o

Maybe just use regular oil? Or just explain to the lady that the regular pills are really just oil and that you'd get that much oil if you ate a couple pieces of fatty salmon? People seem to associate pills with drugs, but explaining how it's just a dietary fat eases the worry in my opinion.

It's not her I'm mostly concerned about, it's her family. The reason I say this is whenever I've done keto, people in my family kept saying how I was killing myself, how that's not natural, not how a human is supposed to be eating, so on and so forth and no matter how much I tried to explain that, in actual fact, an excessively high carb diet is much more likely to be how humans should *NOT* eat, I always hit a brick wall. This is why I'd spare her the grief. Also, I realise that fatloss comes primarily from diet and exercise, but, as I've stated before, any boost would help.

Frosty
06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Have them watch this show:

YouTube - Bizarre Foods - Alaska 1/6

lol

Eskimo food!

Yolo
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Lol as weird as that food may look, those people are probably among the healthiest on the planet

Frosty
06-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Yup, and as you can see, little carbs, some protein, and TONS of fat.

Fat is the best anti-aging energy source since it doesn't affect insulin levels, and low insulin is key to longevity.

Yolo
06-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Yup, and as you can see, little carbs, some protein, and TONS of fat.

Fat is the best anti-aging energy source since it doesn't affect insulin levels, and low insulin is key to longevity.

So true:bowdown:

Frosty
06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
However you might note that their diet is NOT full of COOKED fat! Raw fat is the ideal.

Yolo
06-24-2009, 04:07 PM
However you might note that their diet is NOT full of COOKED fat! Raw fat is the ideal.

You do make a valid point. I am not totally sold on consuming raw animal products but it is worth investigating. It is obvious, of course, that the more processed the food, the less healthy it tends to be but I can't help wonder where you draw the line

Frosty
06-24-2009, 04:32 PM
You do make a valid point. I am not totally sold on consuming raw animal products but it is worth investigating. It is obvious, of course, that the more processed the food, the less healthy it tends to be but I can't help wonder where you draw the line

You can eat raw plants fats like avocados and EVOO. Raw egg yolks are easy to consume. Raw milk, cream, and butter is also an option depending on the area.

Yolo
06-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Raw milk, cream, and butter is also an option depending on the area.

That is precisely the problem.

CallofDuty4
07-29-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Mega-EFA-Omega-3-EPA-DHA-2126-mg-240-Softgels

yep got me 2 bottles it was'nt that expensive