PDA

View Full Version : Dadup's First Show into Offseason Journal!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Dadup
05-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Hey guys, I've seen so many great logs from Provo, Data, Solution, Taylor, etc. (sorry if I left anyone out) that I decided to make one for my own prep!

A little background on myself, I was a really chubby kid, played college tennis... Then got really fat cause I was "trying to put on size" ya I was dumb haha... So I have included some pictures from along the way in my physique journey...

I am currently 11 weeks and 5 days out from my first show, the Europa Super Show Dallas... I have been working with a few clients and have wanted to compete for the last 2 years, so I figured what the heck, might as well do it now! I will be getting married exactly 3 weeks after the show date, so that is in the back of my mind as well... I want to look the best I possibly can for my wife on our wedding day, whether I do the show or not!

I'm looking forward to everyone following along and if you want to offer and critiques, criticism, or encouragement, feel free... I want everyone to enjoy my log and thanks! I don't intend on "winning" I just want to go be the best I possibly can be and hope that Jesus gets all the glory through it all! So without anymore hesitation... HERE WE GO!

Dadup
05-27-2013, 03:15 AM
This was about 2 years ago during my "perma bulk" haha
This was about a year ago.

These were all taken today...

Jordan Coburn
05-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Great progress!

What does the diet/training look like right now?

Strengthrehab
05-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Great job. I'll be following

Strengthrehab
05-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Great job. In for follow

RichDC2
05-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Nice job I'll be following!
Whats your Ht and WT right now?
What is your rough target weight?

Good Luck!

Dadup
05-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Great job. In for follow
Thanks man I really appreciate it!

Great progress!

What does the diet/training look like right now?
Thanks Cobe! Sorry I didn't include that... I uploaded this at like 2 am last night haha... I will update it below!

Nice job I'll be following!
Whats your Ht and WT right now?
What is your rough target weight?

Good Luck!
Thanks for the support Rich! I am 5'8 and I was weighing 158.8... I'm looking to compete at about 150-152, but not really concerned with the weight, just a rough estimate

Dadup
05-27-2013, 02:52 PM
I have found that my body responds well to keto, but being that I am this far out, I am going to experiment with adding carbs in pre and post workout to keep myself full and hold on to some more muscle...

I have always been a low volume trainer, but I have decided to increase the volume and my back has come up... So I will continue with this for now! Here is what I did yesterday for back and biceps... OH... one other thing, I do cable movements only for arms, I have noticed a huuuuge difference in the last few weeks doing this (much like Dave advises)

5/26
Meadows Rows 4 x 8-10
Standing Hammer Strength Standing high row (kinda hard to explain) 4 x 10
Underhand Cable Row 4 x 12
Pullovers SUPERSET Incline Cross Grip Pulldowns 3 x 15

Single arm cable curl 4 x 12
Single arm hammer cable curl 4 x 8

Dadup
05-27-2013, 02:59 PM
5/27
Today is the first day I have added in cardio...

4 sets leg raises
4 sets weighted machine cruches

20 minute HIIT on the elliptical

my current macros are 219g protein, 95 g fat... I will be dropping some fat and adding in about 50g of carbs split between pre and post workout this week

I know my calories are a little low, but I am experimenting with keeping them low for 4-5 days, then having 200% of maintenance for my refeed which is coming out to about 750g of carbs... I have noticed that my body is responding very well to this... So I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it... But I will constantly be making changes as time progresses!

Dadup
05-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Woops forgot to add this as well... Current supps are as follows

Whey Isolate
Fish Oil
L-Carnitine
Green Tea Extract
BCAA
Yohimbine HCL
Virgin Coconut Oil

Curt James
05-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Tremendous progress! Wishing you the best in your prep, HDD.

Dadup
05-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Tremendous progress! Wishing you the best in your prep, HDD.
Thx Curt!!! my goal is to be 1.3% as badass as Curt James by show date

Curt James
05-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Go back to your start photo and you've already surpassed my achievements (cough).

Love you, man!

Dadup
05-27-2013, 11:50 PM
Curt, you know what the secret is? Apple sauce :hmn:

pmow
05-28-2013, 10:05 AM
huge transformation! Good luck to you as well. Ill be following along.

cook
05-28-2013, 10:09 AM
awesome,I will be following

Dadup
05-28-2013, 11:29 AM
huge transformation! Good luck to you as well. Ill be following along.
Thanks man, I appreciate the support!

awesome,I will be following
Awesome, thanks Cook! We'll be reppin Fort Worth in our threads!!!

Dadup
05-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Today was chest and shoulders, I went to a gym by my work that has way less equipment than my normal gym, because I wanted to get done and spend some extra time with my fiance, so here is what I did...

Flat Machine Chest Press 4 x 8
Same machine, leaning way down in the seat 4 x 10
Incline fly SUPERSET dips 4 x 12

Partial Machine Laterals SUPERSET Front Raises with EZ Bar 4 x 15
Machine laterals SUPERSET Shrugs 4 x 8

I feel the machine laterals more than any other shoulder exercise... I had my 750g carb refeed saturday, and like Aceto says "if you look good 3-4 days later, you know you needed it"... well Im very happy to say that when I was posing today I looked much improved even from 2 days ago... Today was the best I've ever looked in my life, so I'm pretty excited about that, praise God!

I want to say thank you for all the people who have already encouraged me... 11 more weeks!!!

RichDC2
05-28-2013, 08:35 PM
That 750gr carb day sounds freakin awesome! How do you split it ,throughout the day evenly?
What kind of foods?
Damm I have had one 1000 gr day and no more than 150 the last 6 months!!

jcross485
05-28-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm in! College tennis? No shit...where'd you play? I played for a D II program myself up in PA before I tore my Achilles. Actually played some ITA and USTA stuff as well before I got hurt.

s2h
05-28-2013, 09:01 PM
What up HDD...great progress my man...will be following along....I'm guessing you live in the dallas area....you should come down for the branch warren in July and check it out...might make it up to big D for this years Europa...been dragging feet every year to go...with HDD in the line up I might have to make it...

Congrats on the upcoming wedding....marriage is a interesting thing...lol...good luck brother on both the show and marriage...if ya ever need anything my pm box is always open...

PS..I like your attitude about the show...just be the best you can be...its all about challenging yourself and taking your body to new limits..

s2h
05-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Oh..believe it or not I was a pretty decent junior tennis player...when I was like 12 yrs old...never hit a ball since..

Dadup
05-29-2013, 08:27 AM
That 750gr carb day sounds freakin awesome! How do you split it ,throughout the day evenly?
What kind of foods?
Damm I have had one 1000 gr day and no more than 150 the last 6 months!!
haha ya man this one was pretty great... I had only been doing about 400g for my refeeds and I looked really flat Saturday so I thought hmmm Im gonna bump it up... It ended up working very well I think! I had a 6 hour window that I did all that in!

Trying to think of what all I had... I think it was 5 sushi rolls, 6 pop tarts, 5 bagels, 2 beers, baked cracker chips and salsa... It's funny, thats what I have been craving the most, chips and salsa... But since I'm keeping the fat low on my refeeds, cant exactly have chips, so those special K cracker chips are pretty good!

My fiance is SUPER supportive of my prep and having a beer together is one thing that we really enjoy doing, so I always make sure to have 1-2 with her on my refeeds and go out to dinner.... Gotta remember that even during prep, time with her is what is REALLY important :)

I'm in! College tennis? No shit...where'd you play? I played for a D II program myself up in PA before I tore my Achilles. Actually played some ITA and USTA stuff as well before I got hurt.
Thats awesome man! I played for a really tiny D1 school in Louisiana called Centenary... Thats cool to see someone else who played and is now into the bodybuilding gig! GEWWWW torn Achilles?! That must have been awful

What up HDD...great progress my man...will be following along....I'm guessing you live in the dallas area....you should come down for the branch warren in July and check it out...might make it up to big D for this years Europa...been dragging feet every year to go...with HDD in the line up I might have to make it...

Congrats on the upcoming wedding....marriage is a interesting thing...lol...good luck brother on both the show and marriage...if ya ever need anything my pm box is always open...

PS..I like your attitude about the show...just be the best you can be...its all about challenging yourself and taking your body to new limits..

Oh..believe it or not I was a pretty decent junior tennis player...when I was like 12 yrs old...never hit a ball since..
Hey S2H, was hoping you would stop by man!!! How have you been? I will definitely make an effort to come down to the Warren! Oh you know me... I'll definitely be PMing you about something...constantly haha... Thanks on the well wishes for marriage, I'm super blessed and am really looking forward to it!
Well... when you were 12 is probably when you were 265 shredded and thought, meh might as well give this bodybuilding thing a go ;)

cook
05-29-2013, 08:36 AM
I used to play a little hand ball.....does that count?

Dadup
05-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Cook, why wasn't this tidbit including in your member of the month article?!?!?!?!

RichDC2
05-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Ha Hand ball is the best! Growing up in NYC all we had was a blue rubber ball and wall and play for hours. I miss that game. I haven't seen a wall or a court in any park out here in Vegas.

RichDC2
05-29-2013, 03:31 PM
HDD thats awesome you have a fiance that supports you treat her well! Even after you get married lol. Trust me Happy wife is a Happy Life!! PS get her involved a little into the dieting now or it will be many years before she is interested in dieting LOL!! It's great you can balance too!! Keep that mindset. I'am an extreme all or nothing type guy and its hard for me to balance sometimes.

It's been 8 yrs for me and 1 son and she is the best completely supports me. But I have to keep her out of the gym when I train, she thinks I crazy, "why do you kill yourself like that lifting all that weight I don't see anyone else sweating or yelling or lifting like you, why do you have to get to the point of throwing up" other than that she understands LOL

Dadup
05-29-2013, 03:40 PM
HDD thats awesome you have a fiance that supports you treat her well! Even after you get married lol. Trust me Happy wife is a Happy Life!! PS get her involved a little into the dieting now or it will be many years before she is interested in dieting LOL!! It's great you can balance too!! Keep that mindset. I'am an extreme all or nothing type guy and its hard for me to balance sometimes.

It's been 8 yrs for me and 1 son and she is the best completely supports me. But I have to keep her out of the gym when I train, she thinks I crazy, "why do you kill yourself like that lifting all that weight I don't see anyone else sweating or yelling or lifting like you, why do you have to get to the point of throwing up" other than that she understands LOL
hahahaha ya man, thats awesome... I get "I just dont want you to get too big" alot lol... I reassured her, that will never be too much of a problem haha...

She really enjoys fitness and Im doing her "prep" for our wedding, so shes really enjoying that, so we're pretty much doing the same thing, which is nice!

cook
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
My wife doesnt know squat about training but I have the Dorian Yates video and his training partner is always yelling "come on Yates" and my wife thinks it`s funny to occasionally stick her head into my weight room and yell that at me.

Dadup
05-29-2013, 10:25 PM
My wife doesnt know squat about training but I have the Dorian Yates video and his training partner is always yelling "come on Yates" and my wife thinks it`s funny to occasionally stick her head into my weight room and yell that at me.
hahahaha thats awesome Cook

Dadup
05-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Well, just finished legs and triceps... heres how it went!

Hammer Strength Squat (faced the opposite way) 3 x 10, 10, 15

Hack Squat 3 x 8 (one set of dead stops)

Leg press (very low on the platform) 4 x 15

Leg Extension (2 second squeeze) 4 x 10

Lying Leg Curls 3 x 8

Seated calf raises (3 second squeeze) 4 x 10

Cross body single arm cable pushdowns 3 x 8 (holding the ball part of the cable)

Single arm cable pushdowns 3 x 10

Single arm overhead cable extensions 3 x 12

THAT WAS IT! I was soooo tired when I got in there, but once I warmed up I was g2g... Thinking about this show was pretty motivating and knowing that there are people who are keeping up with my thread!!! Any feedback anyone has feel free to say anything... I will be posting pics every 2 weeks, I don't like to look at myself every day because I want to notice more of the changes (idk if that makes any sense whatsoever)... Hope everyone has a great night!

RichDC2
05-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Legs and triceps, interesting split sounds hard man.
Imo if you have enough in the tank after legs, you gotta go harder!

Whats your split like? Do you go to failure?

Dadup
05-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Legs and triceps, interesting split sounds hard man.
Imo if you have enough in the tank after legs, you gotta go harder!

Whats your split like? Do you go to failure?
Rich I completely agree with that! This was a one time thing due to me being in a time crunch yesterday... Plus it being cable work I guess this would be the "easiest" body part to train after legs... But that being said, I almost threw up during my first set.... DEFINITELY not something I would have done unless I had to

Curt James
05-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Welcome back (again)! And congratulations! http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?48662-The-Rx-Muscle-MEGA-Posters-Club!!&p=1905670&viewfull=1#post1905670

Dadup
05-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Thx Curt!!!

Wow, woke up this morning and my legs are completely numb haha... I know everyone knows the feeling :yep: Also, I didn't look at myself or weigh this morning, only doing that once a week, but I "feel" way leaner this morning... Seems things are changing daily, so Im pumped!

Everyone have an awesome day

cook
05-30-2013, 09:04 AM
HDD where is your contest being held at? Dallas convention center?

Dadup
05-30-2013, 09:22 AM
HDD where is your contest being held at? Dallas convention center?
Sure is Cook! When I went 2 years ago it was a mad house, they have a 3-3 bball tourney, car show, all kinds of stuff... PLUS, the stage is in the middle of the expo, so technically you don't even have to buy a ticket to watch the show, just to get a seat

jcross485
05-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Brutal looking session man...keep it up!

I think it's the competitive drive that got me into lifting. I need an outlet and this is one of the only things you can do anytime, anywhere, without anybody else.

Dadup
05-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Brutal looking session man...keep it up!

I think it's the competitive drive that got me into lifting. I need an outlet and this is one of the only things you can do anytime, anywhere, without anybody else.
Thx Cross! Ya it's true, definitely the most mentally/physically demanding sport there is, but definitely most rewarding as well! Thanks for checking in

Dadup
05-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Well today was my off day from cardio and training...

Just finished helping my fiance move into her new condo and this is the most depleted I've felt so far in the prep, so looks like tomorrow will be my refeed day... I had previously scheduled them once a week, but now that I'm a little leaner i'm going more by feel...

The one I did on saturday, I didnt count calories (normally I do 150% of maintenance), just made sure the fat was super low... That ended up being the most productive refeed I've done yet, being that I looked way better 4 days later... So I will probably do something similar this time...

Thanks for everyone being so supportive, and have a great night!

RichDC2
05-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Man don't tease me with all those carbs!! Have fun!

Dadup
06-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Well today was another back, biceps, and abs day... AND a refeed :) Here is how it all went...

Meadows rows 4 x 8

Standing Hammer High Row 4 x 10

Nautilus Neutral Grip Pulldown 4 x 15 (got a crazy squeeze in the lower lat on these)

Pullovers Superset Back Extensions 4 x 10

Single Arm Cable Curl 4 x 10

Cross Body Single Arm Hammer Cable Curl 4 x 8

Hammer Strength Ab Machine Oblique Cruches 2 x 15

Knee Raises SUPERSET Planks 2 rounds

Dadup
06-01-2013, 12:48 AM
AAANNNDD NOWWWW THE REFEEEED....

Trained, had 2 low fat blueberry muffins and 1 scoop whey isolate... These were the "weight watchers" muffins, only low fat ones there, weren't the best, but hey it was a muffin...

Then I made a full box of pasta, about 8 oz of crab, a roasted red pepper sauce, and some mushrooms, and my fiance and I ate that together...

Then I had....

2 more weight watchers muffins
Special K Cracker chips and salsa (always crave this for some reason)
4 bowls Crunch Berries

all together came out to about 4000 calories, and about 750grams of carbs, which is about what I was shooting for since it worked VERY well last week...

Adding 3 HIIT sessions in a week starting tmrw, hope everyone has a great wknd

hacahai
06-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Máy in cu (http://mayincu.vn) in d?p ch?y êm nhìn nhu m?i còn 90% giá t? 500k liên h?: 04.35589304/ 62933730-----------------

RichDC2
06-01-2013, 04:36 PM
You are killing me with this food! I just realized I have not had a cheat in 5 weeks! And coach doesn't want to change anything due to my great progress. Shit how I long for a muffin LOL

Dadup
06-02-2013, 04:59 PM
You are killing me with this food! I just realized I have not had a cheat in 5 weeks! And coach doesn't want to change anything due to my great progress. Shit how I long for a muffin LOL
haha I'll trade you your size for my cheats Rich :)

Dadup
06-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Well I didn't get a chance to log my workout from yesterday... it was Chest, Shoulders, and HIIT cardio...

Hammer Incline 4 x 8
Incline Fly 4 x 12
Incline Machine press 4 x 12
Freemotion fly SUPERSET Strech push ups 4 x 10

Partial Dumbbell Laterals 4 x 10
Machine Laterals 4 x 8
Barbell Front Raises 4 x 10
Hammer Shrugs 4 x 12

20 min. HIIT cardio on Elliptical

Dadup
06-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Today was legs and abs...

Reverse Hammer Squat 4 x 10
Single Leg Leg Press 4 x 12
Leg Extension 4 x 10
Teardrop Leg Extensions 1 rest pause set
SLDL 2 x 10
Lying Leg Curls 4 x 12

Machine Obliques 2 x 15
Weighted Sit ups (chest high) SUPERSET Leg Raises 4 x 12

I was toast after that... Feeling really good today, will be taking pics a week from Wednesday! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday

RichDC2
06-02-2013, 05:50 PM
How do you like those single leg presses? I keep forgetting to do them once I'm in the gym. It's gotta be a good way to go to failure if your by yourself.

Dadup
06-03-2013, 12:03 PM
How do you like those single leg presses? I keep forgetting to do them once I'm in the gym. It's gotta be a good way to go to failure if your by yourself.
Ya man I really like them, I like to lean toward the leg I'm using and I feel a good stretch... Felt a really good pump in my legs just going back and forth

Dadup
06-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Well, yesterday was my off day and today was back and biceps... AND a refeed, Im doing this a little differently now though... Instead of having 200% of maintenance every 5 days, Im having maintenance refeeds every 4th day...

Meadows Rows 5 x 8
Single Arm Barbell Rows 3 x 8
Neutral Grip Chins 3 x 8 (really felt this in the lower lat insertion)
Machine Pullovers 4 x 12
Rope Pulldowns 3 x 15

Unilateral Preacher Machine Curls 4 x 10
Cable Bar Curls Behind the Neck 3 x 12 (like a lat pulldown, but a biceps curl, coming behind the head)

Refeed ended up being 2341 calories and about 419g of carbs... I am trying to not have any sugary carbs or fruits this refeed to see how my body reacts, so these foods were a little more "clean"...whatever the heck that means...

6 English Muffins (w/ Walden Farms blueberry pancake syrup)
1 can black beans
1 package Lipton Mushroom Rice
3 Extra Fiber Tortillas
2 Scoops Whey Isolate

Pretty tired, but feeling good, I think the cleaner more fiber laden carbs may have done some good... we shall see tomorrow... Hope everyone has a great night!

cook
06-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Well, yesterday was my off day and today was back and biceps... AND a refeed, Im doing this a little differently now though... Instead of having 200% of maintenance every 5 days, Im having maintenance refeeds every 4th day...

Meadows Rows 5 x 8
Single Arm Barbell Rows 3 x 8
Neutral Grip Chins 3 x 8 (really felt this in the lower lat insertion)
Machine Pullovers 4 x 12
Rope Pulldowns 3 x 15

Unilateral Preacher Machine Curls 4 x 10
Cable Bar Curls Behind the Neck 3 x 12 (like a lat pulldown, but a biceps curl, coming behind the head)

Refeed ended up being 2341 calories and about 419g of carbs... I am trying to not have any sugary carbs or fruits this refeed to see how my body reacts, so these foods were a little more "clean"...whatever the heck that means...

6 English Muffins (w/ Walden Farms blueberry pancake syrup)
1 can black beans
1 package Lipton Mushroom Rice
3 Extra Fiber Tortillas
2 Scoops Whey Isolate

Pretty tired, but feeling good, I think the cleaner more fiber laden carbs may have done some good... we shall see tomorrow... Hope everyone has a great night!
Looks good HDD...just stick to the program and you`ll be fine

Dadup
06-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Looks good HDD...just stick to the program and you`ll be fine
Thanks Cook, hitting the first sticking point in the prep so far, looking forward to getting through it in the next few weeks!

Dadup
06-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Well, today marks 11 weeks that I have been dieting... Started out at 176.6 lbs and today I hopped on there at , 154.6 so -22 lbs so far...

Have weighed the same, or gone up a lb or 2 in the last 3 weeks and condition doesnt really seem to be changing... I had been saving cardio as a tool for this reason (other than a HIIT session ever 10 days or so)... So I will be doing 20 mins HIIT cardio 3x per week pwo starting today... As I noted earlier, my refeeds will be slightly modified as well, hopefully this will go smoothly and I am hoping to shed the remaining 7-8 lbs of fat as a result

jcross485
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Nice work in here...and smart to keep some tools tucked away until needed. Too many people get drastic from the get go and it only creates problems.

BC123Jm
06-05-2013, 10:54 PM
great progress kid. you've come a long way.

Dadup
06-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Nice work in here...and smart to keep some tools tucked away until needed. Too many people get drastic from the get go and it only creates problems.
Thanks J... I am looking forward to the next few weeks, I think the HIIT sessions will kick it back into gear

Dadup
06-05-2013, 10:58 PM
great progress kid. you've come a long way.
WOOOOOOO the original freak himself has made an appearance!!!! What's happening BC?!?!?!?!?! Thanks for the kind words brotha!

RichDC2
06-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Not bad man all that weight and no cardio. It will come off now with that HIT

Dadup
06-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Today was Chest, Shoulders, Triceps AND HIIT ughhhh lol...

Incline Dumbbell Press 4 x 8
Neutral Grip Machine Press 4 x 10
Dips SUPERSET Incline Fly 3 x 15

TRISET:
Machine Lateral Partials
Barbell Front Raises
Machine Shoulder Press... 3 rounds, hit about 8-15 reps on each round...15 for the partials...

Single Arm Rope Pushdowns 3 x 10
Single Arm Machine Dips 3 x 10

Knee raises SUPERSET weighted crunches 3 x 10

20 MIN HIIT on Elliptical...

Today seemed like a ton of stuff haha... I got the workout itself done in about 45 minutes

Dadup
06-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Not bad man all that weight and no cardio. It will come off now with that HIT
Hope so Rich! Keep up the great work man, you're inspiring a ton of ppl on this board!

Dadup
06-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Today was an off day... not a whole lot going on... Im not a big sweets guy AT ALL, but I'm enjoying one of my fav things... last meal of the day... 20 ice cubes, about 8 oz of water, 1 scoop of whey and some cinnamon.. blend it up and it turns into a Wendys frosty... good stuff! Half day of work tomorrow and then it's LEGS woooooo, hope yall have a great night everyone

RichDC2
06-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Good idea on the frosty

Dadup
06-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Well today was LEGS! Today was one of the toughest leg days I've had in a while, I had energy, but I think I just went so hard that by the end I was toast...

Hammer Strength Squat (really liked this alot) 5 x 10
Leg Press 4 x 15
Leg extensions 3 x 8 SUPERSET Bodyweight Walking Lunges 3 x 20 steps
Meadows Teardrop Burners 2 x 15
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 10 SUPERSET Adductor Machine 3 x 25

Horizontal Calf Press 3 x 10
Same Machine, Single Leg 2 x 10

Had my aminos then did 30 mins LISS on the elliptical... This will be the only day of the week when I do LISS, as hard as this leg day was there was no possible way I could have done HIIT afterward... But still wanted to get the cardio in since I added it this week...

Bodybuilding.com was having a buy 1 get 1 free sale on Aminoject (Gaspari) and my BCAAs spilled all in my bag a few days ago, so I got some and had it between legs and cardio... It tasted really good, I dig it! Hope everyone has a great weekend, my dad will be in town in about an hour so it'll be great to hang out with him!

jcross485
06-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Good work HDD! Leg Ext s/s Walking Lunges are brutal...next time, either try leg curls s/s walking lunges or a giant set of leg curls, leg ext, and walking lunges. Those always destroy my legs and the high rep walking lunges seem to give my legs a rounder, fuller appearance.

Dadup
06-10-2013, 09:35 AM
This weekend was pretty crazy, had my official last big refeed... They will all be smaller and more frequent, figured having it at my family reunion was a good time to do it!

Training went as follows (catching up a few days)

Saturday: Arms, Traps

Cross Body Unilateral Pushdowns 4 x 10
Unilateral Cable Curl 4 x 10
Unilateral Pushdowns 4 x 10
Unilateral Cable Hammer Curls 4 x 10
Straight Bar Pushdowns 3 x 10 SUPERSET Cable curls 3 x 10

Hammer Strength Shrugs 5 x 12

Sunday: Chest, shoulders.. Lifted with my buddy Richard, he will be doing the Europa with me

Incline Dumbbell 4 x 8
Incline Hammer 4 x 10
Pec Deck SUPERSET Freemotion Fly 5 x 12

Partial Laterals 5 x 15 (5 drops on last set)
Barbell front raises 7 x 10 (you go, I go, this was killer)
Upright Row 3 x 8 (you go, I go)

We went pretty heavy on the chest movements and then got a ton of blood in there on the front raises and upright rows for shoulders.. My shoulders are already super sore today...I will be posting my pics that I took from yesterday as well..

Dadup
06-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Good work HDD! Leg Ext s/s Walking Lunges are brutal...next time, either try leg curls s/s walking lunges or a giant set of leg curls, leg ext, and walking lunges. Those always destroy my legs and the high rep walking lunges seem to give my legs a rounder, fuller appearance.
Sounds good to me J, I will definitely try that out!

Dadup
06-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Here is the pic from yesterday, hopefully I look a little leaner from 2 weeks ago, 6-8 marked 10 weeks out!

RichDC2
06-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes definetly getting leaner man I don't how you do it seams like ever time I visit here your doing a refeed and you keep getting leaner lol! Keep going!

Dadup
06-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Yes definetly getting leaner man I don't how you do it seams like ever time I visit here your doing a refeed and you keep getting leaner lol! Keep going!
haha thanks Rich! You seem to be making improvements every week yourself, keep up the great work...

Dadup
06-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Well, I didn't get around to posting yesterday, but I trained back and abs...

Meadows Rows 5 x 8 (I really feel these when pulling to the lower lat)
Nautilus Neutral Grip Pulldown 5 x 10
Standing Hammer Strength High Row 5 x 10
Cable Pullovers 5 x 15

Leg Raises 4 x 15
Oblique Machine 2 x 15 each side
Weighted Crunches 3 x 10

Then I finished it all up with 20 min of HIIT on the elliptical... I was smoked...

In other news, I would like to dedicate the rest of this prep to a friend of mine, and my cousins best friend, who was murdered Monday morning in Arlington... One of the strongest guys I've ever met... He and my cousin made a video of them squatting 545 4 x 3, just 8 hours before he died... Breaks my heart to think about what my cousin is going through... If ya'll think about it, keep him in your prayers... My cousin just won the Texas Strongest Man contest and his friend was a huge part of that, but more importantly, his best friend...

cook
06-11-2013, 09:05 AM
getting leaner,veins showing in your arms nice job.Sorry to hear about your friend.I believe Arlington is getting worse than Dallas for crime

Dadup
06-11-2013, 10:55 AM
getting leaner,veins showing in your arms nice job.Sorry to hear about your friend.I believe Arlington is getting worse than Dallas for crime
Thanks Cook, this is the first time I've actually thought I look a tiny bit leaner in pics haha... ya man, there has been 4 murders this week and they think they're all connected, bad stuff...

Dadup
06-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Newest member of the family, bought my first car completely on my own today!!! My fiance and I are very excited, praise God!
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/941920_599751441776_868635520_n.jpg

cook
06-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Newest member of the family, bought my first car completely on my own today!!! My fiance and I are very excited, praise God!
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/941920_599751441776_868635520_n.jpg
congrats HDD there`s nothing like buying your first vehicle without having to have a parent there.You`re a man now

Dadup
06-12-2013, 09:12 AM
congrats HDD there`s nothing like buying your first vehicle without having to have a parent there.You`re a man now
Thanks Cook I appreciate it! My car got totaled a few weeks ago and I was looking to buy a new truck, and my father in law had this one... He completely decked it out and got all the bells and whistles, then decided he wanted something new haha... So he sold it to me for way less than it's worth, really the only reason I was able to get it, no way I could have afforded it otherwise... So that was definitely a praise!

jcross485
06-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss man...anytime prep gets rough, just remember who you're doing it for.

On another note...that's one sick truck!

cook
06-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Well, I didn't get around to posting yesterday, but I trained back and abs...

Meadows Rows 5 x 8 (I really feel these when pulling to the lower lat)
Nautilus Neutral Grip Pulldown 5 x 10
Standing Hammer Strength High Row 5 x 10
Cable Pullovers 5 x 15

Leg Raises 4 x 15
Oblique Machine 2 x 15 each side
Weighted Crunches 3 x 10

Then I finished it all up with 20 min of HIIT on the elliptical... I was smoked...

In other news, I would like to dedicate the rest of this prep to a friend of mine, and my cousins best friend, who was murdered Monday morning in Arlington... One of the strongest guys I've ever met... He and my cousin made a video of them squatting 545 4 x 3, just 8 hours before he died... Breaks my heart to think about what my cousin is going through... If ya'll think about it, keep him in your prayers... My cousin just won the Texas Strongest Man contest and his friend was a huge part of that, but more importantly, his best friend...
I saw a story about this on the news this morning...I think it`s the same guy a teacher at Kenedale? Anyway they talked to several students who vouched for him as being a fine man who was very influencial on their lives.so sad

Dadup
06-12-2013, 06:24 PM
I saw a story about this on the news this morning...I think it`s the same guy a teacher at Kenedale? Anyway they talked to several students who vouched for him as being a fine man who was very influencial on their lives.so sad
Yes Cook, his name was Ross Shreves... one of the strongest guys I've ever seen... pulled 600+, bench 545, squat 600+... he and my cousin posted a video of them squatting and then later that night he was gone... very sad, he was a great guy, teacher, and best friend to my cousin

RichDC2
06-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Awesome truck man! Your going to love it. I have a tahoe, best truck I've had in over 20 years driving! Love the white color and rims (dubs lol) too they set off the chrome trim and door handles!
Sorry about your loss, life is real messed up sometimes and although there is nothing you can do to change what has happened you can use that energy as fuel for positivity I'am sure they would understand especially that guy being into lifting, he would do the same.

Dadup
06-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Awesome truck man! Your going to love it. I have a tahoe, best truck I've had in over 20 years driving! Love the white color and rims (dubs lol) too they set off the chrome trim and door handles!
Sorry about your loss, life is real messed up sometimes and although there is nothing you can do to change what has happened you can use that energy as fuel for positivity I'am sure they would understand especially that guy being into lifting, he would do the same.
Thanks Rich!

Dadup
06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
Today was legs... idk if the carnitine hit me extra hard today or what, but I have never sweated that much in my life I dont think... but my pace was pretty quick...

Reverse Hammer Strength Squat 5 x 8
Leg Press 5 x 15
Lying Leg Curls 5 x 10
Leg Extensions 5 x 12
Meadows Teardrop Burners 2 x 20
Adductor Machine 2 x 20
Seated calf raise 4 x 8

Finished it all in 50 minutes, I was smoked...

Dadup
06-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Worst I've felt in the whole prep yesterday... Idk how I got through the training, but I pushed through.... Felt a twinge in my right shoulder so I went a little lighter and it didn't bother me after, but this was still the worst training day I've had so far... but I guess a few of those are going to happen when you're depleted...

Chest, Shoulders, Abs

Flat Hammer Chest Press 3 x 8 (this hurt my shoulder so I moved on)
Incline Machine Press 5 x 10...really felt a good squeeze on this one
Cable Fly 5 x 12

Seated dumbbell laterals SUPERSET barbell front raises 4 x 10
Reverse Machine Shoulder Press SUPERSET Machine laterals 4 x 12

Weighted cruches 4 x 10

AND I did a refeed when I got home... Feel 100x better this morning and will defintely be leaner in the next 2 days (has been working very well for me)... Ive noticed the key for me is to make sure Im super depleted before I refeed, then I seem to get a huge benefit from it

Dadup
06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh I'm going to get my physical done today, getting all my labs done and test levels checked as well... Im pretty excited about that... Gotta make sure everything is looking ok!

RichDC2
06-14-2013, 09:08 AM
God idea on the labs. Just a little tip I've learned about a year ago I always do some rotator move,nets before any chest or shoulder work and usually start with a fly or dumbell or a decline before any flat or incline stuff. Saved my shoulder a ton.

Dadup
06-14-2013, 10:29 AM
God idea on the labs. Just a little tip I've learned about a year ago I always do some rotator move,nets before any chest or shoulder work and usually start with a fly or dumbell or a decline before any flat or incline stuff. Saved my shoulder a ton.
Thx Rich... I normall always do some light laterals and rotator cuff stuff... kinda rushed it ysterday cause I was so exhausted! Taught me a lesson thats for sure

Dadup
06-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Well, I had a good weekend out at my dad's house, my fiance and I went out there Saturday afternoon and came back last night! I had a few meals with them because I wanted to enjoy ourselves as a family... I guess my body definitely wasnt liking the idea, my hands are swollen and I weighed 15 lbs heavier this morning than when I left! No big deal, going to pump the water up the next couple days and just try to sweat as much as I can...

I want to look my absolute best on stage, but then again I dont want any of this stuff to get in the way of my time with my family and fiance... Other people may disagree, but hey, that's just me!

Jordan Coburn
06-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Some good work going down in here!

Dadup
06-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Well today was Chest, Shoulders and HIIT...

Machine Incline Press 5 x 10 ( got a crazy squeeze on this one)
Pec Deck 5 x 10
Freemotion Incline Press 5 x 10

Reverse Machine Military Press SUPERSET Barbell front raises 5 x 10
Machine Partial Laterals 2 x 20

Went with a super quick pace throughout training... Today was a little different, as I did all machines pretty much, I felt a really good squeeze on everything and really had a good MMC the whole time... So I thought it was a great training day, and definitely a little change up!

After that I did 20 min HIIT on the elliptical... then that was it! Hope everyone has a great start to the week

Dadup
06-18-2013, 11:53 PM
Today was legs, trained with Ms. HDD, so that was fun... we did a "you go, I go" rest interval... thats brutal, but doing it on legs takes it to a whole other level!!!

Reverse Hammer Strength Squat 5 x 10
Unilateral Leg Press 5 x 10
Life Fitness Leg Press Machine w/ Dead Stops 3 x 8 (5 second negatives were KILLER)
Lying Leg Curls 4 x 10
Leg Extensions 4 x 10 (3 second squeeze)
Abductor SUPERSET adductor 2 x 20

Standing Calf raises 4 x 10 (3 second squeeze)
Seated calf raises 4 x 10 (3 second squeeze)

AND....that was it! This is my 4th day of taking D-Spark, feeling alot harder, so that's always nice... Hope everyone is having a great week!

Dadup
06-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Today was back and abs

Meadows Rows 7 x 8
Nautilus Neutral Pulldowns 4 x 10
Standing Hammer Strength High Rows 4 x 10
Machine Pullovers 4 x 10

Knee Rasies 4 x 20
Cable Crunches 4 x 20
Crunches plus holds 4 x 20

jcross485
06-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Looking like some good sessions in here. I am jealous you have access to a pullover...one of the only things my gym doesn't have that I would like.

Hoss06
06-20-2013, 10:17 AM
How were the labs brotha?

Dadup
06-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Looking like some good sessions in here. I am jealous you have access to a pullover...one of the only things my gym doesn't have that I would like.
ya man, I really like the contraction on the pullover machine more than the dumbbell or cable, funny how we all have our preferences

How were the labs brotha?
man, I was supposed to have my appointment this morning and I'm swamped at work and had to cancel :(

Hoss06
06-20-2013, 11:07 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/20/5ase5udy.jpg

Dadup
06-20-2013, 01:16 PM
WElllllllllll.... new macros starting today...

Training days: 215 P / 150 C / 35 F
Off: 215 P / 110 C / 35 F
Refeed: 190 P / 260 C / 25 F

Let's just say I have incorporated the help of a wise man to dial me in these last 8 weeks!

Hoss06
06-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Nice!

RichDC2
06-20-2013, 06:01 PM
You mean no more refeeds!!!

Dadup
06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
You mean no more refeeds!!!
that's exactly what I said :(

Dadup
06-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Shoulders and HIIT

Machine Shoulder Press 4 x 8
Seated Dumbbell Laterals SUPERSET Barbell Front Raises 5 x 10
Seated Machine Shrugs 4 x 10
Cable shrugs 3 x 10 (this was dumb)

25 min HIIT

8 weeks out as of Saturday, lets get it!!!

cook
06-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Yeah you`re coming down the stretch.You will be fine

Dadup
06-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah you`re coming down the stretch.You will be fine
Thanks Monsta!

Hoss06
06-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Only 8 to go...hopefully, it'll come quick for ya.

Taylor Normandeau
06-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Hdd= the first guy to step on stage as an amateur at 300 lbs shredded and natural

Dadup
06-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Hdd= the first guy to step on stage as an amateur at 300 lbs shredded and natural
:lmao: ironically, I will literally be half that on stage lol

But you're gonna be Mr. Canada later this year, so who am I to argue

Dadup
06-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Well I didn't log yesterday, so will include that too..

Touch up back, touch up legs, calves

Standing calf raises 7 x 10

Meadows Rows 4 x 10
Unilateral Cable Rows 4 x 10
Machine Pullovers 4 x 10

Leg Extension SUPERSET Leg Curl 5 x 10

Leg Press Calf Raises 7 x 10

Just a little touch up training!

Dadup
06-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Today was "tempo chest" and a little arm work, and HIIT

Used a 4:2:4 tempo on all movements

Machine Fly 4 x 10
Freemotion Press 4 x 8
Dips 2 x 8
Unilateral Hammer Incline 2 x 8

Straight Bar Pushdowns SUPERSET Straight Bar Cable Cruls 4 x 10

25 min HIIT

Training has been going well and I'm really liking the new macros for sure! MY best friend is getting married in a few hours and I'm PUMPED, but idk how I feel about the Texas heat and me wearing tuxedo haha.. hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dadup
06-24-2013, 12:00 AM
today was Abs and 25 mins of HIIT, not anything too exciting! Have had a very busy weekend and I'm pretty exhausted... gonna get good nights sleep and get back at it tomorrow! Night everyone

Dadup
06-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Well I tried a different carb source last night and my body must not have liked it, woke up 3 lbs heavier off of my low carb day...wait...thats...not how its supposed to work haha... SO, I'll be going back to my white rice, seems to work best for me

Taylor Normandeau
06-24-2013, 10:28 AM
White rice is the carb of the gods.

Taylor Normandeau
06-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Zeus food

Hoss06
06-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Well I tried a different carb source last night and my body must not have liked it, woke up 3 lbs heavier off of my low carb day...wait...thats...not how its supposed to work haha... SO, I'll be going back to my white rice, seems to work best for me

What source did u try?

Dadup
06-24-2013, 10:48 AM
White rice is the carb of the gods.
my fiance bought me some Jasmine rice, ALL about that stuff... maybe it'll make me look like you, who knows

What source did u try?
I tried to make some burritos with some fat free refried beans and corn tortillas (DONT JUDGE ME, I HAVE SEEN TOO MANY OF BOB'S RECIPES!!!) I got a good ass chewing from coach today haha... So, just gonna stick with what works for my body, which is obv the white rice...

Prep is kinda cool, because it's like one big experiment on your body, you get to see all these things that work and don't work for you individually, pretty cool!

RichDC2
06-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Cmon man 8 weeks keep focused no more tortilla's or looking at Bob's Recipe's (As good as they are) unless it's fits for you.... stick with that white rice inside a tortilla mmmmmm lol

Dadup
06-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Cmon man 8 weeks keep focused no more tortilla's or looking at Bob's Recipe's (As good as they are) unless it's fits for you.... stick with that white rice inside a tortilla mmmmmm lol
yup, you're right Rich, atleast now I know that white rice is what assimilates best... Feeling harder every day, looking forward to what changes happen in the next week or so

RichDC2
06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Very Cool it is to experiment with our bodies like this and notice stuff we never thought about before. It can help our health tromendously knowing what foods digest better etc... I never noticed or even thought about that stuff before

Dadup
06-25-2013, 12:07 AM
well today was "heavy chest" and calves... I normally do alot more squeezing when I train chest, but when alot heavier today, it was nice... took about 30 mins all together, I move pretty quickly...

Hammer Incline 5 x 8
Hammer Decline 5 x 8
Nautilus Neutral Incline 5 x 10

Standing Calf raises 4 x 10

AND... Im back to eating my rice again hahahaha

Dadup
06-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Today was "higher rep" shoulders... so I did some giant sets..

GIANT SET:
Dumbbell Upright Rows x 10
Machine Laterals x 10
Barbell Front Raises x 10
Machine Neutral Shoulder Press x 10

I did 5 rounds of this...

Finished off with Barbell shrugs SUPERSET knee ups 4 x 10 because I was in a time crunch

Then did 30 min MISS

The pump I got from the D-Spark was ridiculous, I couldnt put my jacket for a few seconds, no lie

Hoss06
06-25-2013, 05:57 PM
HUGE giant set!

Dadup
06-25-2013, 06:08 PM
HUGE giant set!
gotta do what I gotta do if I'm gonna look like the COOKie Monsta

RichDC2
06-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Good training happy to see it!

Hoss06
06-25-2013, 08:00 PM
gotta do what I gotta do if I'm gonna look like the COOKie Monsta

That's a big goal!

Dadup
06-26-2013, 03:06 PM
That's a big goal!
meh... I'll prob never get there, would have to surpass Coleman, Yates, etc before achieving COOKie Monsta status

Dadup
06-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Today was "giant set chest" and arms...

GIANT SET:
Incline Fly x 10
Dips x 10
Flat Machine Press x 10
Wide Bench Pushups (to the neck) x 10

Did 4 rounds of those!

Then went on to arms...pretty simple...

V-bar pushdowns SUPERSET Machine Preacher curls 7x 12
just kept going back and forth... maybe 20 seconds rest after each round...

I'm really liking traning chest and shoulders twice a week one "heavy" one "giant set" day... this D-Spark is really starting to kick in as well, I dont remember the last time my arms were that pumped! 52 DAYS OUT BABBBYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Dadup
06-26-2013, 05:08 PM
oh and today my fiance and I are going to celebrate our 1 year anniversary, so that'll be alot of fun! We're going to Reata, it's an upscale Texas themed restaurant, pretty cool place... I'll be having the grilled mahi mahi over a bed of greens WOOOOO haha

Dadup
06-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Here is an updated pic from this morning... Biggest improvements I've made in weeks due to my coach moving the macros!

RichDC2
06-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Ripping up man! Keep going. What size is that waist 26 pants holy cow!
How was the anniversary?

cook
06-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Looking great HDD,shoulders and bi`s poppin

Dadup
06-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Ripping up man! Keep going. What size is that waist 26 pants holy cow!
How was the anniversary?
Thanks Rich! It was really great, we had a nice dinner... I had some fish and asparagus! She gave me a really great gift so that was nice.... Just getting to have a date night, spending quality time together was the best part, and thinking about where the Lord has brought us in the last year!

Looking great HDD,shoulders and bi`s poppin
Thanks Cook, trying to get to that MONSTA status!!!

Dadup
06-27-2013, 11:40 PM
well today was back, touch up legs, and HIIT

Meadows Rows 4 x 8
Nautilus Neutral Grip Pulldowns 4 x 10
Close grip Cable Rows 3 x 8
Pullovers 3 x 12

Leg Extensions 4 x 10

25 min HIIT

This was one of the worst training days I've had in months, which i guess when you're this deep into prep you just have to minimize these as much as possible... But i get to REFEED tonight (just not as big, Rich ;))... About to have my 3 cups of Crunch Berries, then hit the sack, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hoss06
06-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Refeeds are always something to look forward too! What are ur macros at for refeeds?

Dadup
06-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Refeeds are always something to look forward too! What are ur macros at for refeeds?
For sure Hoss, Im having my CB with some Walden Farms pancake syrup, pretty good...first time I've tried it haha...

My macros for refeeds are 190 P / 260 C / 25 F

Hoss06
06-28-2013, 12:57 AM
WF pancake syrup...soooo good. Try it that and the WF marshmallow dip on sweet potato (I boil mine)

WF pancake syrup on oats with PB (or just oats)
Shakes

PB/banana/WF syrup Sammich (it's good!)

cook
06-28-2013, 08:03 AM
All workouts wont be killer.Sometimes you just have to fight through it.Good job buddy

Dadup
06-28-2013, 09:15 AM
WF pancake syrup...soooo good. Try it that and the WF marshmallow dip on sweet potato (I boil mine)

WF pancake syrup on oats with PB (or just oats)
Shakes

PB/banana/WF syrup Sammich (it's good!)
Are you a WF rep? ;)

Dadup
06-28-2013, 09:16 AM
All workouts wont be killer.Sometimes you just have to fight through it.Good job buddy
Thanks Cook, the carbs knocked me out and I had one of the best nights of sleep I've had in months... So feeling back to normal today

Hoss06
06-28-2013, 10:58 AM
game android (http://taigameandroid.asia/)|game cho android (http://taigameapk.mobi/)

Be gone

Dadup
06-28-2013, 11:00 AM
game android (http://taigameandroid.asia/)|game cho android (http://taigameapk.mobi/)
a new poster?! How are you doing sir, welcome to the thread! The regulars here are Hoss, Cook, J, Cobe, Rich...wait... nvm

Hoss06
06-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Are you a WF rep? ;)

I wish :)

Also apple butter jam on oats. Srs.

RichDC2
06-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Man send me some of that good sleep please!! Xanax don't work for me!!!

Dadup
06-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Man send me some of that good sleep please!! Xanax don't work for me!!!
I hadn't gotten more than about 6 hours for weeks before that lol

Dadup
06-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Rich I hadn't gotten more than 5 hours for weeks! I'm right there with you

Dadup
06-28-2013, 05:18 PM
today was "heavy shoulders" and calves

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press facing backward 3 x 8
" facing forward 3 x 8
Partial dumbbell laterals 4 x 10
Dumbbell laterals 3 x 10

Hammer Strength Shrugs SUPERSET Behind Back Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 10

leg press calf raises 4 x 12

Bar Pushdowns SUPERSET Cable Curls 2 x 12

SO... this is what I'm going to do for the next 3 weeks... the arms superset I did at the end here and 2 sets of calves after every workout just to stimulate the muscle a little bit... We'll see how this works, who knows maybe I'll look like Rich in a few weeks :)

The Solution
06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Had no idea you had a log man, Sorry :( In now!

Dadup
06-29-2013, 02:51 AM
Had no idea you had a log man, Sorry :( In now!
It's all good Bob, thanks for stopping in man, glad to have you!!!

Jordan Coburn
06-29-2013, 02:51 AM
I hear you on sleep during prep. ugh.

Keep up the great work dude! on the home stretch now!

Dadup
06-29-2013, 02:30 PM
I hear you on sleep during prep. ugh.

Keep up the great work dude! on the home stretch now!
Thx Cobe!

Dadup
06-29-2013, 02:34 PM
today was "tempo chest", all exercises performed with a 5:2:5 tempo...

Hammer Strength Fly 4 x 8
Incline Machine Press 4 x 6
Free Motion Press 3 x 8

Straight Bar Pushdowns SUPERSET Cable Curls 2 x 12

Hope everyone has a great weekend, getting fitted for my tux in a few hours for my wedding, getting pumped!!!

The Solution
06-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Getting fitted nice Man! Love the tempo training, have a good weekend.

Dadup
07-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Getting fitted nice Man! Love the tempo training, have a good weekend.
Thx Bob!

Dadup
07-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Well yesterday was nothing special, just my "touch up training" that I'll be doing daily, and HIIT

Leg Extensions 3 x 10
Pushdowns SUPERSET Cable Curls 2 x 10
Calf Raises 3 x 10
Cable Crunches 4 x 25

25 min HIIT on the Elliptical...

Last night my right shoulder started hurting, I'm not sure what's going on but it feels like its pretty deep in there... Been trying to rub it and it's feeling a little better this morning, but we will see how it plays out through the day...Chest may not be happening tonight

jcross485
07-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Looks like things are still rolling smoothly in here HDD...nice! Looking forward to this last stretch of your prep!

The Solution
07-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Take care of that shoulder.

Dadup
07-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Take care of that shoulder.
Ya, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it Bob, at <7 weeks out, this is not the time for an injury!!!

Dadup
07-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Well guys, idk why I was keeping it a "secret" but I'm working with the man himself for the rest of my prep, Scooby! I know alot of you work with him as well and he does a great job with all of us!

He just sent me an email and my macros have changed and he's upped my cardio starting today... idk why I hired him ;)

New macros are:

Training Days 220P/130C/30F
Non Training Days: 220P/90C/35F

refeed 1 x per week chest and shoulder: 190P/220C/25F

Cardio is now at...

30 mins x 3 per week HR 140bpm steady

3 x 15 intervals 160bpm or better

cook
07-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Well guys, idk why I was keeping it a "secret" but I'm working with the man himself for the rest of my prep, Scooby! I know alot of you work with him as well and he does a great job with all of us!

He just sent me an email and my macros have changed and he's upped my cardio starting today... idk why I hired him ;)

New macros are:

Training Days 220P/130C/30F
Non Training Days: 220P/90C/35F

refeed 1 x per week chest and shoulder: 190P/220C/25F

Cardio is now at...

30 mins x 3 per week HR 140bpm steady

From what I have seen you are in good hands.Go get em

Dadup
07-01-2013, 12:41 PM
From what I have seen you are in good hands.Go get em
Thanks Cook! I worked with him for about 4 months previously and loved it!

Hoss06
07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Hell ya! I've been with Scoobs for 11 months now.

Dadup
07-01-2013, 01:07 PM
awesome man! He makes us all feel like his only client, which is nice! You've made some INSANE improvements with him Hoss

Hoss06
07-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks brotha! And I agree W/ you. He takes the time to answer any and all of my questions/concerns I have.

Taylor Normandeau
07-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Carbs

Hoss06
07-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Carbs

Fats
Proteins

Dadup
07-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Carbs

Fats
Proteins
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S3A0QZASB8c/UFDBzTqPltI/AAAAAAAAHvs/B0wGJSL37n4/s1600/baked-chicken-parmesan.jpg

has all 3!!!!!!!!

The Solution
07-01-2013, 04:14 PM
3+ years here with jason.
Follow what the man says and you will come in the best you could be brother. Lets roll!

Dadup
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
3+ years here with jason.
Follow what the man says and you will come in the best you could be brother. Lets roll!
Wow Bob, I knew it had been a while, didn't know it had been that long! Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're a lower meal frequency guy as well? I feel that having 1-2 meals per day has worked best for me...

I've already noticed a huge difference in the last week, I will throw up a few more pics next week, hope the new carb drop and added cardio keeps things moving along!

The Solution
07-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Wow Bob, I knew it had been a while, didn't know it had been that long! Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're a lower meal frequency guy as well? I feel that having 1-2 meals per day has worked best for me...

I've already noticed a huge difference in the last week, I will throw up a few more pics next week, hope the new carb drop and added cardio keeps things moving along!

3 meals, not 1-2. Not very optimal for protein synthesis
i would read up on Layne Muscle Protein Synthesis Studies (google) or his muscle college radio episode on here regarding meal timing and frequency.

Dadup
07-02-2013, 08:47 AM
3 meals, not 1-2. Not very optimal for protein synthesis
i would read up on Layne Muscle Protein Synthesis Studies (google) or his muscle college radio episode on here regarding meal timing and frequency.
ah interesting... I have listened to some of his material on meal frequency, good stuff... 2 seems to be the sweet spot for me now, I will most likely branch to 3 in the weeks after my show...

Dadup
07-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Yesterday was "heavy chest", MISS, and touch up

Incline Hammer 5 x 8
Incline Machine Press w/ Dead Stops 4 x 8
Hammer Strength Fly 4 x 10 (4 drops on last set)

Pushdowns SUPERSET Cable Curls 2 x 15

Cable Cruches SUPERSET Seated calf raises 4 x 20,10

The shoulder didn't end up hurting during training at all... Even though it still hurts a bit this morning already, I don't think it will effect my training at all... When I was 19 my mom and I flipped our car off a 30 ft embankment and I got a pretty bad shoulder contusion and I think that it still just flares up from time to time... Hope everyone has a great day!

Dadup
07-02-2013, 09:38 AM
whoops, and I did 30 mins MISS on the elliptical... can't leave that out ;)

Hoss06
07-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Do u train fasted or with a meal in you? Ever tried 5-6 meals a day?

Dadup
07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Do u train fasted or with a meal in you? Ever tried 5-6 meals a day?
Ya, I did 6 meals a day for a good while, and it's funny, every PR I've hit has been fasted, idk why I just seem to be stronger...

This is my current protocol:
30 min pre training, 1 TBSP Virgin Coconut Oil
aminos intra training/cardio
immediately post training: whey
30-60 mins later, meal

The Solution
07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
ah interesting... I have listened to some of his material on meal frequency, good stuff... 2 seems to be the sweet spot for me now, I will most likely branch to 3 in the weeks after my show...

I would do it now..
6 is just not necessary for muscle protien synthesis, and more of a burden on people. It serves no real significant purpose unless your on some good drugs and have a majorly increased p-ratio to get in enough kcals. But as shown meals 4-6 hours apart are the best for allowing protein levels to reach their refractory stage before being spiked again and to aid the greatest MPS.

5-6 just seemed like it was always eating every X hour, took away from your social life, and not worth it unless you collect checks from doing this, which 99% of us will never do.

Dadup
07-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I would do it now..
6 is just not necessary for muscle protien synthesis, and more of a burden on people. It serves no real significant purpose unless your on some good drugs and have a majorly increased p-ratio to get in enough kcals. But as shown meals 4-6 hours apart are the best for allowing protein levels to reach their refractory stage before being spiked again and to aid the greatest MPS.

5-6 just seemed like it was always eating every X hour, took away from your social life, and not worth it unless you collect checks from doing this, which 99% of us will never do.
Bob, I've thrown the idea around a few times (and I COMPLETELY agree with you about 6 meals being unnecessary ) and I think I will move to 3...

New protocol will be:
1 TBSP Coconut oil + 50 g whey 1 hour pre training
aminos intra, 25g post, then 1 hour later have a full meal

I def feel comfortable with that... AND IF ITS NOT WHAT YOU LIKE BOB, DEAL WITH IT ;)

The Solution
07-02-2013, 08:26 PM
No real need for 25g of aminos post bro the pre-workout protein shake is still digesting, and there is really no need for aminos intra since you have a full amount of whey/bcaa's from a pre-workout shake in you as well. Not to mention you want a meal after 10g of bcaa intra, a pre-workout shake, and then a meal an hour later when protein synthesis is probably damn well peaked and never had a chance to get to its refractory stage, you dont need a shake and then a meal 45 minutes later (complete broscience) and has no backing to it due to food overlap from previous meals.

If i were you and lifted fasted with amions (that would be more beneficial to do say 10g intra, whole meal post-workout (meal 1), meal 2 4 hours later, meal 3 4 hours after that or so, and you could also throw in aminos between each meal (5g of leucine)

or space out your meals to every 5-6 hours as layne shows in his research.

That is what i would do. Make PWO a big meal (Since its your fast breaking meal after training intra and fasted with BCAA's (Which would be the most logic way to utilize bcaa's besides between meals as research has shown, and then space out your meals and eat when you have some time, and hit your macros.

again that is what research will show or those who do train fasted in the AM (as BCAA's would be best utilized that way) since Layne does study them for a living and has proved via research their true benefits and how to use them or use them to their full potential. I figured i would just point it out to you.

How you want to do things is your 100% personal preference. It would be wise to read up on laynes research in your spare time to get a greater understanding of Meal Frequency, timing etc.

I have done an interview with him and Alan Aragon on Machine Muscle (Google that site) and you can see some great in depth information regarding both stances or signing up to AARR (Alan Aragon Research Review) it will really open your eyes to things you may believe.

Hoss06
07-02-2013, 11:27 PM
What's your favorite meal of the day HDD?

Dadup
07-02-2013, 11:28 PM
No real need for 25g of aminos post bro the pre-workout protein shake is still digesting, and there is really no need for aminos intra since you have a full amount of whey/bcaa's from a pre-workout shake in you as well. Not to mention you want a meal after 10g of bcaa intra, a pre-workout shake, and then a meal an hour later when protein synthesis is probably damn well peaked and never had a chance to get to its refractory stage, you dont need a shake and then a meal 45 minutes later (complete broscience) and has no backing to it due to food overlap from previous meals.

If i were you and lifted fasted with amions (that would be more beneficial to do say 10g intra, whole meal post-workout (meal 1), meal 2 4 hours later, meal 3 4 hours after that or so, and you could also throw in aminos between each meal (5g of leucine)

That is what i would do. Make PWO a big meal (Since its your fast breaking meal after training intra and fasted with BCAA's (Which would be the most logic way to utilize bcaa's besides between meals as research has shown, and then space out your meals and eat when you have some time, and hit your macros.

again that is what research will show or those who do train fasted in the AM (as BCAA's would be best utilized that way) since Layne does study them for a living and has proved via research their true benefits and how to use them or use them to their full potential. I figured i would just point it out to you.

How you want to do things is your 100% personal preference. It would be wise to read up on laynes research in your spare time to get a greater understanding of Meal Frequency, timing etc.

I have done an interview with him and Alan Aragon on Machine Muscle (Google that site) and you can see some great in depth information regarding both stances or signing up to AARR (Alan Aragon Research Review) it will really open your eyes to things you may believe.
excellent, excellent post Bob, seriously!

I am in complete agreement with what you said, I think I should have stated what I was going to do a little more clearly in my previous post...

Since Jason is having me do cardio every day post training, I would be having the aminos during cardio, just 1 scoop... the 25 g was whey protein was post cardio...

So (I wont be so vague this time haha, sorry again):

50 g whey, 1 TBSP Virgin Coconut oil, pre training about 1 hour before...

train, 1 scoop of aminos during cardio, followed by 25 g of whey after cardio (I'm in complete agreement that the pre training meal is still digesting, 100%)

Then about 30 minutes later I was planning on having my meal, that is what I should have put in my original post... The reason I wasnt planning on having carbs in my post training shake (I dont think theyre really needed) and I get so few at this point (110g) that I would rather eat them post training...

After reading your post I will most likely split that post training meal in half and have it over two meals! Thanks again for the input Bob!

Dadup
07-02-2013, 11:30 PM
What's your favorite meal of the day HDD?
hahahaha youre a funny little guy Hoss :)... I MEAN BIG GUY, BIG GUY, SORRY!!!! ;)

Dadup
07-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Today was "volume shoulders", HIIT, and touch up training

Giant set (only 3 exercises this time)

Machine Laterals, into Barbell front raises, into Reverse Machine Press, 5 x 10

Smith Machine Shrugs 3 x 10 facing forward, 3 x 10 behind the back

Seated Calf Raises, into Cable Crunches 4 x 10, 25

Pushdowns SUPERSET Cable Curls 2 x 15

Then 25 min HIIT on the elliptical, and that was it! Getting up early tomorrow and training before work... Leaving tomorrow afternoon to go to Iowa for 5 days with my fiance, her sister and bro in law, to visit her parents and go to her cousins wedding, really loooking forward to it! Hope everyone has a great 4th!

Hoss06
07-03-2013, 12:34 AM
I just finished my 5th meal...:)

When's the next update with Scoobs?

Hoss06
07-03-2013, 12:58 AM
I would do it now..

Bob, I've thrown the idea around a few times (and I COMPLETELY agree with you about 6 meals being unnecessary ) and I think I will move to 3...

New protocol will be:
1 TBSP Coconut oil + 50 g whey 1 hour pre training
aminos intra, 25g post, then 1 hour later have a full meal

I def feel comfortable with that... AND IF ITS NOT WHAT YOU LIKE BOB, DEAL WITH IT ;)

I am in complete agreement with what you said, I think I should have stated what I was going to do a little more clearly in my previous post...

Since Jason is having me do cardio every day post training, I would be having the aminos during cardio, just 1 scoop... the 25 g was whey protein was post cardio...

train, 1 scoop of aminos during cardio, followed by 25 g of whey after cardio (I'm in complete agreement that the pre training meal is still digesting, 100%)

Then about 30 minutes later I was planning on having my meal, that is what I should have put in my original post... The reason I wasnt planning on having carbs in my post training shake (I dont think theyre really needed) and I get so few at this point (110g) that I would rather eat them post training...

After reading your post I will most likely split that post training meal in half and have it over two meals! Thanks again for the input Bob!

Just to stir the pot...here's an article from Chris Aceto. He mentions meal frequency in the 1st post

Inb4 any studies

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/latest-news/8621-9-biggest-mass-gain-errors-by-chris-aceto.html

The Solution
07-03-2013, 06:50 AM

2 meals is just not optimal period for anything protein synthesis.

here is my interview with layne:

What is your generic guideline for training? Do you feel there should be a major difference between pre-contest and offseason regarding volume, frequency, and intensity? If So explain?

My guideline is that training must be periodized and it must have enough volume to stimulate growth. Contrary to what most people believe, volume, intensity, and damage are ALL important for muscle growth, however volume seems to be the most important based on the research. Constantly training to failure, can impair total volume used and thus while failure is a tool that can be helpful, it must be used sparingly to prevent decrements in performance and reductions in training volume. I always periodize training protocols, particular with non-linear or daily undulating periodization as those protocols have been shown to be the most effective means to improve performance, strength, and hypertrophy. Programming does not change much on a diet, volume may decrease slightly near the end but for the most part, what builds muscle best will also maintain it best.

What different things do you utilize on your clients as far as refeeds and cheat meals go, and what areyour thoughts on utilizing those in both (offseason and pre-contest)?

Well everyone's metabolism is different and must be accounted for accordingly. But obviously there will be macronutrient variations from pre-contest to offseason, with carbohydrate intake being the biggest variable. In the offseason I like carbs as high as possible without excessive fat gain and as high precontest as possible while still maintaining proper rate of fat loss. Now what that exact number is for each person is going to vary... a lot.

- Do you believe in Intermittent Fasting and other non-generic meal patterns? Do you have to eat a certain amount of times per day to eat and why? It seems Meal Frequency is thrown around a lot lately with a ton of different research being published on PUBmed? Your stance?

Well I don't believe in generic meal plans. I think that just giving someone a cookie cutter meal plan doesn't teach them anything and makes them dependent on that meal plan, promotes binging, and an unhealthy relationship with food. I think intermittant fasting has helped a lot of people with a diet they can stick to, however I also see many people use it as an excuse to binge, and that is never healthy. One of the other problems with it is my PhD thesis research demonstrated that if you eat low protein throughout the day, you cannot make up for that lack of anabolic stimulus earlier in the day by eating a huge protein meal later in the day because their is an 'anabolic cap' to each meal, so to stimulate muscle protein synthesis maximally it's wise to consume multiple (probably 4-5) meals rich in high quality protein. You want to make sure you are getting enough protein to hit around 3-4g of leucine at a meal to ensure that you are maxing out anabolism, that is typically around 30-45g of protein for most sources. But as far as meal frequency and it's impact on fat loss, it does not seem to matter, and if anything eating too frequently actually impedes fat loss. I believe however, that you could get many of the benefits, if not all of the benefits of intermittent fasting by simply intermittently eating carbs but still having multiple protein meals as eating protein with low/no carb would still maintain elevated insulin sensitivity.

- What are your generic guidelines of Pre/Post workout nutrition?

1) get enough protein pre & post workout to maximize anabolism and eat a greater proportion of your total carb intake around your workout since you tend to be more carbohydrate tolerant at those times. However, total carb intake will vary depending upon the individuals insulin sensitivity and total kcal intake.

- What is your stance when in a caloric surplus what do you believe in should be the minimums you should meet regarding protein, carbohydates, and fats and why? Does any macronutrient trump others as far as protein sparing?

Well I discussed protein intake above, but overall I'd say if you are hitting 1g/lb you are probably maxing out the anabolic properties of protein and if you are hitting around 1.2g/lb you definitely are. Now eating more protein isn't going to hurt you (though intakes above 1.5g/lb really haven't been studies) however, it's also not providing you anymore anabolic benefit. Carbs are going to be very variable depending upon total kcal intake and insulin sensitivity, but they are probably more protein sparing than fat due to their effects on insulin secretion reducing protein degradation.

What is your general philosophy on food sources regardless if the individuals is in a caloric surplus or deficit, the phrase "Clean Eating" is thrown around a lot. Could you shed some light on research or any information regarding utilizing different sources in the offseason or pre-contest?

I think you need to hit a certain amount of protein/carb/fat/fiber intake. if you do that, the food sources you choose are quite insigificant. But, I will qualify that by saying that if you are eating typical bodybuilding macros you are going to have to eat a lot of 'clean' foods by default, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy 'dirty' foods here or there in moderation. Can you tell I think the labels 'clean' and 'dirty' are asinine? Many coaches will try to sell you on the fact that their are 'magic foods' but they are basically full of crap and use that as a ploy to rope people in to buying their services.

What Supplements do you consider “Staples” or those that should be utilized on a daily basis? Also what supplements do you feel have their benefits in the offseason and pre-contest that should be considered or you utilize for a particular reason?

I don't think you NEED any supplements, but there are supplements that are helpful depending on your budget:
-Creatine
-BCAA
-HMB
-Betaine
-Citrulline
-Beta-Alanine
-Some Nootropics
-Fish oil
-a good anti-oxidant like lipoic acid
-multivitamin if someone has a diet lacking in diversity

What is your motivation and inspiration? What first got you interested in bodybuilding or nutrition?

My motivation now is different than it was when I started. When I started I wanted people to stop picking on me and girls to notice me. Now I live to inspire people. I never understood why people found me inspiring, I'm just a guy doing what he loves, but for some reason people have gravitated to it and if since I have the opportunity I am going to do everything I can to inspire others to pursue their

Dadup
07-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Awesome interview Bob! Thanks for being so detailed in your points

Dadup
07-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Hey guys, havent been around the computer the last 4-5 days, went to Iowa with my fiance to see her family, we had an incredible time!

Today was "heavy chest", touch up, and HIIT

Incline Machine Press 5 x 8
Decline Hammer Press 4 x 10
Machine Fly 3 x 10

Pushdowns Superset Cable Curls 2 x 10

Cable Cruches SUPERSET Calf Raises 4 x 20, 10

25 min HIIT

Felt really strong, trained with my fiance today, and she did really great as well!
25 Min HIIT

Dadup
07-09-2013, 12:15 AM
My trip to Iowa was amazing, my fiance and I went to her cousins wedding and spent 5 days out there with her parents.

I brought all my meals, got all my cardio sessions in etc. But while we were at the wedding, I just wanted to be able to share that with my fiance, so I ate and had a few beers with them... I ate a little more than I should have, but I don't want this bodybuilding stuff to get in the way of time with her and her family (plus it was only one meal).

Back on track after that meal, and I'm looking forward to the show... Today was the strongest I've felt all prep!

RichDC2
07-09-2013, 03:38 AM
YEa buddy I like it! Almost there!

The Solution
07-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Wise attitude bro, hope you had a good time.

Dadup
07-09-2013, 09:17 AM
YEa buddy I like it! Almost there!

Wise attitude bro, hope you had a good time.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the support, especially when I start having doubts in my progress!

Jason just sent me a macro drop and cardio increase, new macros and cardio:

Training Days 225P/110C/30F
Non Training Days: 225P/80C/35F

refeed 1 x per week chest and shoulder: 200P/200C/25F

40 mins x 3 per week HR 140bpm steady

Adding in a fat burner, and some Yohimbine HCL every day now as well!

Hoss06
07-09-2013, 09:38 AM
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Dadup
07-09-2013, 10:04 AM
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.
Yup, this is going to be the hard part of the prep, but really looking forward to it! THanks Hoss

The Solution
07-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Averaging 30g of fat, god thats got to be AWFUL

Dadup
07-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Averaging 30g of fat, god thats got to be AWFUL
haha ya Bob its not fun... 1 TBSP of Virgin coconut oil and my ground beef, thats all the fat I'm getting every day lol... Who knows what the carbs and fats will be next week haha

Dadup
07-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Today was "volume shoulders", touch up, and MISS

Tri-Set:
Seated dumbbell laterals
Barbell front raises
Barbell upright rows
4 x 10

Reverse machine shoulder press 3 x 12

Cable Laterals SUPERSET Freemotion Shoulder press 3 x 10

Seated dumbbell shrugs 5 x 10

Touch up:

Stiff leg calf presses SUPERSET Cable Crunches 4 x 10, 20

Knee Raises 3 x 10

40 minutes MISS

I felt really good today, these last two training days have been my best of the prep so far!

data4
07-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Keep doing your thing man. When the cals get low, dont for a second put your head down. Keep it up and dig. Separate yourself.

Dadup
07-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Keep doing your thing man. When the cals get low, dont for a second put your head down. Keep it up and dig. Separate yourself.
Thanks for the encouragement Austin!

Dadup
07-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Today was "volume chest", touch up, and HIIT

Giant Set:
Incline Fly
Dips
Machine Flat Press
Bench pushups to neck
4 x 10

Neutral Grip Machine Press 3 x 10... 30 sec rest in between each set, stretched the chest the whole time...

Touch up:

Pushdowns SUPERSET Machine Preacher Curl 2 x 10

Weighted Crunches SUPERSET Calf Presses 4 x 20, 10

25 min HIIT

After the first interval my legs felt like they were about 100 lbs each, but I pushed through it! Woke up noticeably leaner this morning, which was very encouraging... hit a new low of 151.8, BOOM! Turns out this Theobald guy knows what he's doing after all ;)

cook
07-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Great job HDD, you can do this

Dadup
07-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Great job HDD, you can do this
Thanks Cook, the encouragement means alot!

The Solution
07-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Place your faith in Jason and follow orders. JUST PUT IN WORK

Dadup
07-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Place your faith in Jason and follow orders. JUST PUT IN WORK
You got it Bob!

Dadup
07-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Trained early this morning, "heavy" shoulders, touch up , and...NO CARDIO woooooo

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 3 x 8
" Reverse 2 x 8
Machine Lateral Partials 5 x 15

Touch up:

Stiff leg calf presses SUPERSET Cable Crunches 4 x 15, 20

Knee Raises 3 x 10

Hit another new low this morning, so things are moving!

Dadup
07-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Just went to the doctor cause I had been having some pain in my side, turns out I have shingles... no big deal, got some meds, can't let this stop me, 5 weeks out!!!

data4
07-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Just went to the doctor cause I had been having some pain in my side, turns out I have shingles... no big deal, got some meds, can't let this stop me, 5 weeks out!!!
That just stirs the pot a bit more. Prep is always interesting lol Get rid of those things fast!

The Solution
07-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Ah now its time to dig a bit deeper!!!

Hoss06
07-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Sorry brotha....do what u gotta do

Dadup
07-11-2013, 11:19 PM
That just stirs the pot a bit more. Prep is always interesting lol Get rid of those things fast!

Ah now its time to dig a bit deeper!!!

Sorry brotha....do what u gotta do
Thanks guys I really appreciate it... I havent dieted and trained my butt off to let a little pain and itching stop me! Get to have my refeed tomorrow, so I'm pumped... It's funny, my refeed at this point is probably Austins low carb day haha

RichDC2
07-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Shingles .......slap some tar on it and keep going ! More motivation! Keep faith

Hoss06
07-12-2013, 08:30 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/12/eve5a9uq.jpg

cook
07-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah I have heard those shingles are very irritating but you can fight through it.Keep focused on your plan and you will be fine.

Dadup
07-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the support!!!

Dadup
07-13-2013, 01:43 AM
Today was back, touch up, and HIIT

Meadows Rows 4 x 8
Nautilus Neutral Grip Pulldowns 4 x 8
Cable Rows 4 x 8
Pullovers 4 x 15

Touch up:

Pushdowns SUPERSET Cable Hammer Curls 2 x 15

Calf Raises SUPERSET Cable Crunches 4 x 15, 20

Knee Raises 3 x 15

25 min HIIT on elliptical

Felt pretty depleted today, but had my refeed, which is almost twice as much rice as normal, so that was good! Itching alot but other than that Im feeling great... Strength is up and noticing some veins in my lower waist area!

The Solution
07-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Good signs and good work. way to go brother.

Dadup
07-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Good signs and good work. way to go brother.
Thanks Bob I appreciate the encouragement!!!

Dadup
07-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Jason wants me to train legs minimally, so I hit them brief but HARD today... So it was legs, arms, abs, and HIIT...

Leg Extensions 7 x 10
Dead Stop Leg presses 1 x 8, then I did without a doubt one of the 5 hardest sets of my life lol... 130 for 4, then 150 for 4, 170 for 4, pause 10 breaths, then did the same all the way back down, then 10 partials... All negatives were 8 seconds...

Single arm pushdwons 3 x 10
Single arm cable hammer curls 3 x 10
Skull crushers SUPERSET barbell curls 3 x 10
Close grip bar pushups SUPERSET spider curls 4 x 15, 10

We did some crazy ab giant set that my buddy made up, I about died haha...

Then it was 40 min MISS

<5 weeks out, lets GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hoss06
07-14-2013, 12:07 AM
Minimal leg days already? Nice!

Dadup
07-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Minimal leg days already? Nice!
Yup! 3 HIIT sessions a week will do it lol

Dadup
07-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Today was an off day... but even off days have cardio at this point haha... so it was calves and HIIT

Leg Press Calf Raises 4 x 15
Seated Calf Rasies 4 x 10

25 min HIIT...

My fiance found some shredded hashbrowns, "simply potatoes" its just shredded potatoes, mixed them with my beef and eggs tonight...AMAZING... was getting kinda tired of rice... It's always nice to be able to enjoy a meal this far into prep!

I would also like to say that I never use this word, but... I literally HATE Jason Theobald today... HIIT and 80 g of carbs... he's a sick, sick man... But that's why he's the best haha :)

Hoss06
07-14-2013, 10:35 PM
But he'll get you nice and shredded :)

Dadup
07-14-2013, 10:48 PM
But he'll get you nice and shredded :)
haha it's true Hoss! Just trying to put my head down and plow through these last 4 weeks!

The Solution
07-15-2013, 01:51 PM
3 HIIt will really impair your recovery wise move lets dial it in.

Dadup
07-15-2013, 01:55 PM
3 HIIt will really impair your recovery wise move lets dial it in.
Thx Bob, working hard! Ya those HIIT sessions have been brutal, my legs are sore the next day from them...

Hoss06
07-15-2013, 04:35 PM
HDD- was that you who requested me on FB?

Dadup
07-15-2013, 04:46 PM
HDD- was that you who requested me on FB?
Yup! I added all of you guys on FB, thought it would be cool to keep up on there as well

Hoss06
07-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Yup! I added all of you guys on FB, thought it would be cool to keep up on there as well

Cool. Ill accept. Just wanted to make sure it was you

Dadup
07-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Cool. Ill accept. Just wanted to make sure it was you
cool man!

Dadup
07-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Wow... I might as well buy stock in Trident and Coke Zero after this prep lol... It's hitting me hard today, but about to go train, <5 weeks, no time to mess around! :mosh:

Dadup
07-15-2013, 11:08 PM
"Heavy chest", touch up, and MISS

Incline Hammer Strength Press 3 x 8
Incline Machine Press 3 x 8
Machine Fly 2 x 8
Dips 2 x 8, 5 (these were with 10 second negatives, and 5 second concentrics)

Touch up:

Single arm cable pushdowns SUPERSET single arm cable hammer curls 2 x 10

Calf raises SUPERSET Cable crunches 4 x 8, 20

40 mins MISS

This is the hardest day of prep yet, but with 4.5 weeks out, I wouldn't expect anything less! I hit a PR on the hammer incline which was good, 2 plates and a 25 for 8! I wanted to say thanks to all you guys, your encouragement is VERY much appreciated!

The Solution
07-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Suck it up brother this is where you dig deep

Dadup
07-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Suck it up brother this is where you dig deep
you got that right Bob!

Dadup
07-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Sent Jason my pics this morning and he said I had gotten "alot leaner" in the last week, so no macro drop for now... Will throw up some pics this morning!

Hoss06
07-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Sent Jason my pics this morning and he said I had gotten "alot leaner" in the last week, so no macro drop for now... Will throw up some pics this morning!

That's always good news

Dadup
07-16-2013, 09:31 AM
That's always good news
Ya for sure Hoss! He's thinking I will need to drop another 9 lbs or so in the next 4.5 weeks to be ready...

Dadup
07-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Here's a back shot from this morning... 4.5 weeks to go!

cook
07-16-2013, 01:11 PM
looking cut man

Dadup
07-16-2013, 02:36 PM
looking cut man
Thanks Cook, I really appreciate it!!!

Dadup
07-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Here is one from this morning right out of bed... 4.5 weeks out!

Hoss06
07-16-2013, 02:41 PM
How does the front ab pose look?

cook
07-16-2013, 02:42 PM
you are really getting there.4.5 weeks may be too long.

Jordan Coburn
07-16-2013, 03:25 PM
YYou look right on track for 4.5 weeks, are you doing MP?

Dadup
07-16-2013, 03:39 PM
How does the front ab pose look?
I'll throw one of those up soon, I havent hit one in a pic yet

you are really getting there.4.5 weeks may be too long.
Thanks Cook, Im getting kinda nervous lol, just wanna make sure I'm lean enough!

YYou look right on track for 4.5 weeks, are you doing MP?
Thanks man! yup, I'm doing MP, still have alot of lower ab fat to lose this last month left!

Thanks for all the support guys, it really means alot to me

jcross485
07-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Looking great man! You are going to kill the stage.

Dadup
07-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Looking great man! You are going to kill the stage.
Thanks J, means alot!

Dadup
07-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Today was "volume shoulders", touch up, and HIIT

Machine Laterals 5 x 10
Barbell front raises 5 x 10
Freemotion shoulder press 5 x 12
Seated shrugs 5 x 8

Touch up:
Pushdowns SUPERSET Cable curls 2 x 10

Calf raises SUPERSET Cable crunches 4 x 8, 15
Knee Raises 3 x 12

25 min HIIT

Today was the hardest HIIT session I've had yet, I went all out and then some... First time I've ever come to the point of throwing up after a cardio session... had to lay on the floor for about ten mins afterward haha... 1 month from today i will be on stage... can't wait! I may not win, but that really doesn't matter to me, I will stand on that stage knowing I gave it all I had, and that's what I want more than a trophy!

Hoss06
07-17-2013, 12:06 AM
It's worth much more than a trophy..doing what many cannot, or will not do....giddy up!

cook
07-17-2013, 08:22 AM
I`ts not the destination it`s the journey...or something like that.When I was powerlifting I always enjoyed the training more than the competition but the goal of competition will bring out the best in your training.

Dadup
07-17-2013, 10:03 AM
It's worth much more than a trophy..doing what many cannot, or will not do....giddy up!
Very true Hoss!

I`ts not the destination it`s the journey...or something like that.When I was powerlifting I always enjoyed the training more than the competition but the goal of competition will bring out the best in your training.
Well said Cook, the suffering is fun in a strange way... I think other people just think its weird lol

Dadup
07-17-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.dreamstime.com/nacho-chips-and-salsa-thumb7995106.jpg
This is what I'm imagining my Trident is right now... I'm having more cravings than a pregnant woman lol... Idk why, I always crave chips and salsa, and marinara sauce when I diet...weird huh lol

cook
07-17-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.dreamstime.com/nacho-chips-and-salsa-thumb7995106.jpg
This is what I'm imagining my Trident is right now... I'm having more cravings than a pregnant woman lol... Idk why, I always crave chips and salsa, and marinara sauce when I diet...weird huh lol
my son`s wife made some salsa last weekend and I ate a monster bowl of it and it was great but had a lot of garlic in it and I was tasting that for three days

Dadup
07-17-2013, 04:38 PM
my son`s wife made some salsa last weekend and I ate a monster bowl of it and it was great but had a lot of garlic in it and I was tasting that for three days
niiiiiice... my stepmom makes it for a restaurant, they just buy it from her directly, Im going to get her to bring a gallon to my show and a bag of chips lol

Dadup
07-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Didn't get around to posting my training from yesterday, it was volume chest, a little different variation of "touch up", and NO CARDIO woooo

Freemotion chest press SUPERSET Hammer Strength Fly 5 x 10
Unilateral Incline Machine Press 4 x 8
Neutral Grip Chest Press 3 x 12

Touch up:
Pushdowns SUPERSET Machine Preacher Curls 2 x 12

Cable Crunches 3 x 15
Weighted Knee ups 3 x 10
Weighted bench crunches 3 x 10

This training day wasn't very good at all... never really felt like I got in a good groove... Woke up this morning weighing the same as 6 days ago, so that's pretty irritating, thought it would be a new low! Jason will make the needed adjustments and I'll be fine, I'm just worrying alot since its the first time I've ever stepped on stage, and theres still alot to be done these final 4 weeks!

Hope everyone has a great day today!

cook
07-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Quit worrying!!!you have a good coach and you are doing what he says.You will be fine.