PDA

View Full Version : moving sucks!

~gymdiva~
06-24-2009, 09:03 PM
that is all :D

hahahaha...although it does make for quite the workout in 90 degree southern heat...my delts never looked better ;)

quadrablue
06-24-2009, 09:13 PM
that is all :D

hahahaha...although it does make for quite the workout in 90 degree southern heat...my delts never looked better ;)

Where are you going now? I'm thinking of moving too.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
06-24-2009, 09:15 PM
You should try moving in the dead of winter in Michigan. That is no picnic either :p

GirlyMuscle
06-24-2009, 09:56 PM
I'll be moving this week as well.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
06-24-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm with you. I hate moving.

~gymdiva~
06-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Where are you going now? I'm thinking of moving too.

same city, different side...already I can't wait to be there b/c it's so quiet and there's nice, long sidewalks I can go walk on...but my favorite is the small balcony...just need to find me a chair and I'll have a perfect spot to sip coffee :)

~gymdiva~
06-24-2009, 10:46 PM
You should try moving in the dead of winter in Michigan. That is no picnic either :p

done it in boone so I can imagine...

quadrablue
06-25-2009, 12:08 AM
same city, different side...already I can't wait to be there b/c it's so quiet and there's nice, long sidewalks I can go walk on...but my favorite is the small balcony...just need to find me a chair and I'll have a perfect spot to sip coffee :)

Nice. I need to find my spot too. Some place that allows dogs too. I'm sick of talking to myself lol

~gymdiva~
06-25-2009, 10:56 AM
hahahaha my new place does! come on down ;)

Mudpro69
06-25-2009, 11:26 AM
My mind is made up. The next time I have to move, I will burn the place down and start fresh....

~gymdiva~
06-25-2009, 07:36 PM
I will say that moving into this new place feels more like an actual place to stay...there's actually places to put my sh*t! hahahaha...the place I'm moving out of has virtually no space to put anything in...not just b/c it's smaller...it lacks storage...I had a small coat closet and a slightly larger closet in the bedroom and that was it...shelf space was minimal in the kitchen and non-existent in the bathroom...I was trying to figure out what dishes to put where today and I turned around and went, omg, there's more cabinets behind me! oooohhhh happy day!

yes, this is the extent of the excitement in my life right now...but if I figure out a discreet way to wrap an extension cord out the door to my little deck and hook up the coffee maker well then omg I'll just be in my little own heaven! :D

~gymdiva~
06-25-2009, 07:38 PM
oh and before you say, downsize your stuff, well, I'm already down to half of my things from when I moved over 1.5yrs ago plus I only have a bed and a chair...god help me if I ever get some actual furniture! :eek:

~gymdiva~
06-25-2009, 07:39 PM
oh and I will be taking volunteers for helping me stuff my cat into the carrier...trust me, this is no easy feat...out of everything involved in this move THAT is the one thing I'm dreading!

RealLilSwole
06-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Amen! I got to move this weekend. Ugh!

~gymdiva~
06-25-2009, 10:16 PM
well dang! what's up with all the moving??? and I know you're loving a summertime move just as much as I am! man is it hot and muggy in the south or what...

fitmomma3
06-25-2009, 10:23 PM
ugggg I HATE HATE HATE moving, packing, and everything being everywhere it stresses me out! I feel so unsettled... and in the heat or in the cold it rough! But it is exciting starting fresh and new so enjoy setting up your new place that's fun! Hope your settled and comfy soon! Are you prepping too?! Now that is crazy!

Melissa
06-26-2009, 09:41 PM
ugggg I HATE HATE HATE moving, packing, and everything being everywhere it stresses me out! I feel so unsettled... and in the heat or in the cold it rough! But it is exciting starting fresh and new so enjoy setting up your new place that's fun! Hope your settled and comfy soon! Are you prepping too?! Now that is crazy!

Moving while prepping SUCKS! I did it last year. The whole situation itself was messy, but it was made worse by the fact that I was 4 weeks out from a show. I got lucky with an army of 9 friends to help me though....we got it all done in 2 hours.

Ninja Loco
06-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Moving TO Dallas is actually not only beneficial for health, it softens your skin, makes your hair more shiny and manageable, and has been known to progress contest prep by a full two weeks simply due to its awesomeness.

Lee Penman
06-29-2009, 09:39 AM
I am going to be moving soon too...I have already ordered my nervous breakdown meds....lol!!!!

tammyp
06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
unless i move to a warmer place, my next move is in a hurse! i hate it!

MsGuns
06-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Moving TO Dallas is actually not only beneficial for health, it softens your skin, makes your hair more shiny and manageable, and has been known to progress contest prep by a full two weeks simply due to its awesomeness.

I was hoping to move there this summer but no PE jobs...
So hopefully Ill be there next summer...
Moving sucks...

~gymdiva~
07-01-2009, 11:16 AM
well I'm finally all in...I had to leave town in the middle of it and then someone fell through on a truck promise which lead us scrambling for back up plans...it was quite the past 48hrs! hahaha...but we're good now...and to my shock and great pleasure, lil man cooperated fully and went right into the kitty carrier to come over...the one thing I was dreading most in this move actually went off without a hitch!

I will say though, doing almost the entire move myself was one hell of a workout...I've never slept better!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-01-2009, 11:18 AM
well I'm finally all in...I had to leave town in the middle of it and then someone fell through on a truck promise which lead us scrambling for back up plans...it was quite the past 48hrs! hahaha...but we're good now...and to my shock and great pleasure, lil man cooperated fully and went right into the kitty carrier to come over...the one thing I was dreading most in this move actually went off without a hitch!

I will say though, doing almost the entire move myself was one hell of a workout...I've never slept better!

There is little that is better than a good extended nap :)

exit2010
07-01-2009, 11:22 AM
it sucks, but it is a great opportunity to get rid of some old ass stuff or find things you thought you lost.

~gymdiva~
07-01-2009, 11:36 AM
yes downsizing can be good...and I have two bags of good clothes to donate as well...may donate my tv, too...it's really old but still has good life so someone can still use it if they have cable or a converter box...I'm going to inherit a newer one from home...it's smaller but who cares...