PDA

View Full Version : Road to Women's Physique Division let it begin.....

MichelleMosher77
05-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi ladies :)

I am recently new on this site. Been a member for couple years but mainly for the contest gallery :drool: got to admit there are some hot guys on there! I am sitting up a blog as well to share my thoughts and feelings as I prepare for the Chicago Pro/Am in 5-6 weeks. Dont worry Im already in show shape just need to tweak a few things to bring a dynamite package to the show!

A few things about me.....I have been competing for 2 years when September hits this year. Started out in bikini big mistake! Not only did I not have the sass for it I was to muscular/lean for it so I made the switch to figure. I recently achieved my National Qualification this past weekend so my trainer and I switched my development to hitting the Chicago Pro/Am. I hope you find this journal interesting, helpful and good for a laugh time to time. Lets face it we need it at times during prep! Happy Training everyone!

The Prodigy
05-27-2013, 09:28 PM
WELCOME TO RX Girl! I can't wait to follow your journey to the stage!

nic902
05-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Hey lady Welcome :byeb:

MichelleMosher77
05-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Thank you its been an interesting one these last few years to say the least with lots of twists and turns. Mainly it has been finding the right coach to unlock that key..

MichelleMosher77
05-28-2013, 01:33 PM
nic902 thank you... I decided this would be a great way to stay on top of things and talk about how I feel at times instead of boring my family and friends to death lol

MichelleMosher77
05-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Not much to post but some random thoughts today. Coach wants me to take a week off and not start back up in the gym till Monday! Different then what I am used to but he has done me perfect so far so Im going to follow his advice exactly.:yep: Today is my last day of having cheats. For as long as I have been in prep I actually did not go overboard this time. I cringed when I saw old pics of me at the start of the off season and was very careful not to ruin the hard work that my coach and I did to get my body ready for stage! Even when I go into off season I vow not to get big and he plans on keeping me lean as well! That extreme bulking with hardly no cardio in the off season is bunk!!! Today for my last cheat I plan on going and visiting my ex to have my favorite sushi/steak followed by going to the movies which I avoid during prep! Gosh I can smell the popcorn like ten rows away lol....:drool: And who wants to smell some cold white fish being whipped out? LOL Anyways one last night of semi normal then back to the grind! I love the challenges of my life, I love this sport. I cant wait to see what changes are made in 5-6 weeks!!

curvygirl
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Hiya Michelle!

Another Michigander on RX Girl! Woot Woot!
I remember seeing you compete at the Simmons in 2012! My guy was competing at the same show.

Looking forward to hearing all about your Pro/AM prep. Are you doing the amateur portion at "Wings of Strength?"

All the best! :)

MichelleMosher77
06-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Yes I am doing the amateur portion my coach Dan Saxton is competing in the super heavy weight portion of the amateur portion he talked me into it!!! The Simmons I overshot the mark ugh!!! Then this past show well look at my blog!! What do you compete in hun?

Hiya Michelle!

Another Michigander on RX Girl! Woot Woot!
I remember seeing you compete at the Simmons in 2012! My guy was competing at the same show.

Looking forward to hearing all about your Pro/AM prep. Are you doing the amateur portion at "Wings of Strength?"

All the best! :)

MichelleMosher77
06-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Hey everyone I have been away clearing my mind before I started my intense training for the Chicago Pro/Am. After this last show I have had a lot running through my mind! I know what I need to improve on, the back width, leaning out my front legs more and tightening up the glutes more. I got dealt a bad hand with my off season with my old coach giving me a bulking diet that blew me up to 145-150 on my 4'11 1/2 small frame! So my new coach Dan Saxton and I had a fight on our hands to get me down to stage weight! I still had more leaning out in my legs to go to get a sleeker look in them but of course my upper half still looked like it was too hard for the local stage ugh! Then after seeing the scores and the placings I have been frustrated! I spent countless hours sleeping in my jeep in between morning cardio and pm gym sessions because I lived 35 minutes away from the gym and I couldnt travel back and forth, I went extreme low carb for 3 weeks before the show etc etc... and I got 3rd after girls with no muscle!!! Then I wonder if I am crazy for extending my diet another 6 weeks to rock on stage in Chicago? Yes I love doing this, this is my life. This is what I choose to do but at times the frustrations that come at times get overwhelming to me....Im taking all these frustrations and channeling them into a victory at Chicago. Not getting first has made me more hungry!!

MichelleMosher77
06-02-2013, 01:00 AM
https://www.facebook.com/michelle.mosher.35?ref=tn_tnmn this will allow you to see some of my photos of before and after

MichelleMosher77
06-02-2013, 01:31 AM
The order of placing was from the back photo 4,1,2,3 which is me

MichelleMosher77
06-02-2013, 01:33 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100188735993870&set=pb.51901488.-2207520000.1370151172.&type=3&theater the order in this photo is 2,1,4,3 it was a small class only four of us

MichelleMosher77
06-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Thinking of selling my suit and getting a new one either buying one used or renting. If anyone knows where I can get a great figure suit that fits 5'2 and under with stage weight 100-110pds contact me ASAP either on this or on my facebook thank you!

nic902
06-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Congrats on your progress! GREAT JOB! Sorry to hear about a rough go with your old coach, hopefully your new coach will have a better plan in place for you. Our off season is just as important to what we bring to the stage as the prep itself.

MichelleMosher77
06-02-2013, 11:51 PM
I know.. Its behind me now moving on to better things!!
Congrats on your progress! GREAT JOB! Sorry to hear about a rough go with your old coach, hopefully your new coach will have a better plan in place for you. Our off season is just as important to what we bring to the stage as the prep itself.

MichelleMosher77
06-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Well today I got in my fasted cardio!!! Left that step mill dripping in my sweat with that HIIT training my coach has me doing. Its a pain in the butt but its yielding great results :) Anyways was super excited to get working on my new plan for Chicago. My favorite workout day legs. Well it wasnt meant to be ugh :dunno: On the way to meet my dad for a quick errand I had him check my brakes well they are going out on old reliable...so now I am stuck at home. Home is way out in the country and the nearest gym is 35-40 minutes away (bummer). Im blessed because my dad is great with fixing brakes so I should be up and running by Wednesday at the latest plus the girl Im helping prep for her first show in October is scooping me up tomorrow :hugme:So with the weather being nice, Im taking cardio outdoors later this afternoon, hitting legs tomorrow. Feeling bummed but there is nothing I can do about it! On the bright side I was able to book a room at the host hotel for the Chicago Pro/Am :mosh: Got blessed with that since they are down to only 6 rooms or less for that weekend! Cant believe I am doing this show! I hope I dont make a fool out of myself

nic902
06-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Oh girl, I am right there with ya on the stepmill! I hate that evil thing with a passion.........but, I'm killing it and no doubt it's helping get my legs and booty tight! So we must keep climbing!

curvygirl
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Thinking of selling my suit and getting a new one either buying one used or renting. If anyone knows where I can get a great figure suit that fits 5'2 and under with stage weight 100-110pds contact me ASAP...
Hey Michelle!
If you are crafty with E6000 glue & rhinestones you can order "blank" custom fit suits from saleyla.com (http://www.saleyla.com/) for very reasonable prices. They also do "blinged" suits too. I survive on an educator's budget so every little penny I can save is good! :D

The Simmons I overshot the mark ugh!!! Then this past show well look at my blog!! What do you compete in hun?
Last year I competed at the 2012 NPC Kalamazoo & 2012 NPC Grand Rapids :D This year 2013 NPC Charlotte Cup & 2013 IFBB/NPC Powerhouse in Novi. The spring season was a real test as to why I participate in this crazy sport! While I did not place very well, I came in with good improvements! So I can totally relate to this:

Then I wonder if I am crazy for extending my diet another 6 weeks to rock on stage in Chicago? Yes I love doing this, this is my life. This is what I choose to do but at times the frustrations that come at times get overwhelming to me....Im taking all these frustrations and channeling them into a victory at Chicago. Not getting first has made me more hungry!!
Just like you, this summer I am tweaking & training hard to make more improvements & then competing again in Sept at the 2013 UFE Havoc show in Dearborn. It's not so much about the placing or the hardware...it's about taking on the process, loving how we can change ourselves! Performance art at it's best!

Wishing you all the best as you prep! Just a few short weeks! Woot Woot!

The Prodigy
06-04-2013, 09:37 PM
I once fell off the stepmill backward when dieting and when I hit the ground and came to it, I asked, "Is it time to eat meal 5 now?"...everyone laughed!

Unfortunately I still had 25 minutes left of cardio! :(

nic902
06-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I once fell off the stepmill backward when dieting and when I hit the ground and came to it, I asked, "Is it time to eat meal 5 now?"...everyone laughed!

OMG! I've tripped a few times but always caught myself before I fell off :eek:

MichelleMosher77
06-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I did that although I did not pass out, I ended up a banged up leg and a great picture for IG!! Then a couple days later the gym owners were like you need to take it easier on the equipment!! HMMM OK, explain that one

MichelleMosher77
06-05-2013, 07:36 PM
I have tripped alot too as well especially when my coach lowered carbs...

MichelleMosher77
06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Well back at it with the training. I was actually able to hit the gym that Monday with an intenstive leg workout that I am still wobbly from and I have to hit the wheels again tomorrow!! Coach told me he gave me one of his workouts from his leg plan. Umm ok, your a major league beast and I am just a little thing! But hey Im all for it then I just get my workout from him for tomorrow, someone better have a wheelchair ready for me lol! I know that in the end this is all worth it, no matter the placing I get just to share the stage with my coach is an accomplishment in itself!

broadys
06-05-2013, 09:37 PM

well thats just some crazy shit right there!

MichelleMosher77
06-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I compete in figure but I am making the switch because of how my body leans and dries out to physique. Go figure I get qualified in figure but I decided to listen to my coach his coach, my mom and all the judges that are close to me tell me the same thing. So the rest of the year is going to be spent building up till Feburary or March...any tips you could give me

Hey Michelle!
If you are crafty with E6000 glue & rhinestones you can order "blank" custom fit suits from saleyla.com (http://www.saleyla.com/) for very reasonable prices. They also do "blinged" suits too. I survive on an educator's budget so every little penny I can save is good! :D

Last year I competed at the 2012 NPC Kalamazoo & 2012 NPC Grand Rapids :D This year 2013 NPC Charlotte Cup & 2013 IFBB/NPC Powerhouse in Novi. The spring season was a real test as to why I participate in this crazy sport! While I did not place very well, I came in with good improvements! So I can totally relate to this:

Just like you, this summer I am tweaking & training hard to make more improvements & then competing again in Sept at the 2013 UFE Havoc show in Dearborn. It's not so much about the placing or the hardware...it's about taking on the process, loving how we can change ourselves! Performance art at it's best!

Wishing you all the best as you prep! Just a few short weeks! Woot Woot!

The Prodigy
06-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I did that although I did not pass out, I ended up a banged up leg and a great picture for IG!! Then a couple days later the gym owners were like you need to take it easier on the equipment!! HMMM OK, explain that one

Funny! All I got was people saying, "smooth move Ez-Lax".....

MichelleMosher77
06-09-2013, 09:37 PM
I got people saying you need to slow down eat something etc... then got yelled at but then the owner apologized to me later, bad day stressing him out!
Funny! All I got was people saying, "smooth move Ez-Lax".....

MichelleMosher77
06-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Ahh new diet change came through tonight....Im actually going to enjoy having red meat for one more week...yes I am a red meat lover. I cried over losing the steak in my diet more then losing the carbs, pull my steak and almond butter I get distraught:byeg:So while I enjoy steak its like leave me alone...dont interupt my meal I am in heaven!! Today my parents grilled rib eyes on the grill and my mom didnt understand why I would not have one bite of it! At times its difficult for her to understand the not eating anything on my diet thing especially when she makes something fancy. The common reply is like your not an expensive race horse or some high paying athlete!! Well I hope to be a high paying athlete some time soon lol!!! Cant believe a rare day off is almost over so sad :byeg:Went to a show last night and got some great stage/competing advice from Shawn Rhoden that gave me a fresh perspective that I am carrying into Chicago and beyond!

nic902
06-10-2013, 10:50 PM
It's tough for people outside of the sport to really understand why you can't just have "a little" of this or that. My family has finally realized (my 5th year of competing) that if I have a show coming up, that I cannot have a bite of this or that..off season, sure but when I'm in prep, they have finally stopped questioning and just accepting.

MichelleMosher77
06-16-2013, 11:35 AM
after seeing last nights results from the jr nationals some of these girls have been competing less then a year and are getting their pro card!!! makes me feel like a big fat loser :( Like what am i doing in this sport anymore. Second, I feel like my body is being forced into physique because i have a tendency to run lean! I dont want to do that division I rather stay figure damn it!! Im just feeling like a loser today and just f in the towel on everything!

nic902
06-16-2013, 09:44 PM
I know as much as I LOVE following along with the shows, it does sometimes get to me and make me question myself as well. I think that's the natural competitor in us, but at the end of the day you have to figure out WHY you do this, why you love this sport...If it's just for the label of "pro" then I think you'll find yourself more disappointed than not. As far as what division you should compete in...Build the body that you WANT, the body you LOVE and whatever that fits in on stage, is icing on the cake.

after seeing last nights results from the jr nationals some of these girls have been competing less then a year and are getting their pro card!!! makes me feel like a big fat loser :( Like what am i doing in this sport anymore. Second, I feel like my body is being forced into physique because i have a tendency to run lean! I dont want to do that division I rather stay figure damn it!! Im just feeling like a loser today and just f in the towel on everything!

MichelleMosher77
07-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Well looks like I am starting a new training journal now after the Chicago Pro/Am I am switching to WPD just the way my body dries out when my coach holds it back the top half dries out hard and the legs suffer and hold fat like they did at my May 25th show so this time we let it do what it wanted and I got amazing results in my quads with great leanness and better booty but still too hard even though my coach re introduced water on friday night and on day of show I had water as well still too dry lol soo based on the judges feedback I can either lose the muscle and do bikini since I have a perfect bikini booty or add more muscle with a longer off season and do physique so WPD it is so I wont be back on stage till next year sigh but my coach wants to hit it with a one two punch...any thoughts or feedback on this would be appreciated

curvygirl
07-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey Michelle :)

I was wondering how your Chicago show went!

I see what you are talking about in your pics. You can indeed get lean, hard & dry! Your booty and legs are enviable as that is my weakest point! I hold water & fat there like nobody's business :( So that is one great thing you are capable of that many are not!

For WP I would hazard a guess that your coach will have you working hard to bring up your upper body to match your legs. So yay for you! More food, longer off season & hard & heavy training! LOL!

So go get it girl! And welcome to the WP club! :D
Peace!

p.s. I love your posing suit!

nic902
07-08-2013, 02:54 PM
This is YOUR body, you have to live in it 24/7/365 so whether there is a stage or not, build the physique YOU love. Whatever division that may fit into, well that's anyone's guess but with a subjective sport that is something we all face. Train and eat well cause you love it, build the body YOU want, that YOU are proud of.

MichelleMosher77
07-08-2013, 03:47 PM
nic902 and curvygirl : I am excited to make that switch...I have laid aside the thought of its manly its not you should have seen the people rushing to see the WPD pros at the show! I love being lean and ripped and dont want to give that up. Curvygirl your correct longer off season to bring up the back and add size to the shoulders coach also wants to add size to my quads as well. Wont be stepping on stage till April or May but I dont know if it will be here in this state that ill go for my qualification Im thinking of trying to compete down south for a change of scenery...im just going to go with the flow of things to see where it happens

nic902
07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
This is what it's all about!

I am excited to make that switch! I love being lean and ripped and dont want to give that up.

MichelleMosher77
07-08-2013, 04:03 PM
I just felt like I was holding myself back in figure time to get big and ripped YEAH!!!!!:mosh:

MichelleMosher77
07-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Well after the Chicago Pro/Am I was faced with a few decisions to make and I decided to switch over to WPD!!! Cant wait to grow big and lift big. Taking a longer improvement season and not stepping on stage till April/May of next year. I want to finally grow this back width and add some size to the rest of me instead of constantly interupting the process of development just hope that I still have my awesome trainer after the drama that ensued down in Chicago and occured last night because of a client I brought to him, long story but its frustrating to say the least :( Keep your fingers crossed for me...otherwise i might be nagivating this on my own ugh!

The Prodigy
07-11-2013, 10:50 PM
No need to start a new journal! Just yell to me and I will change the name!!

How exciting that you are switching to physique! Putting on size is always fun!

I hope the trainer thing works out for you. Does he do your diet too? I am sure their is someone else you can work with if need be!

MichelleMosher77
07-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Ok I send you a yell!!! I been told by so many then when my coach, his coach and my mom is like you need to switch because of the leanness and hardness I can pull off its a natural fit, I love to lift big time and feel like I been held back.....With the trainer thing its a messy drama thing that started a year ago when some girl back stabbed me then now I think she is trying to finish the job even though she switched to UFE...He does both the diet and workouts I have not heard anything back from him that he isnt and i know this week he is swapped with five clients doing shows...until I get the final word on stuff I am taking it that he is still training me, for me I need someone that is experienced in working with physique women like he is a great trainer is hard to find lol!!
No need to start a new journal! Just yell to me and I will change the name!!

How exciting that you are switching to physique! Putting on size is always fun!

I hope the trainer thing works out for you. Does he do your diet too? I am sure their is someone else you can work with if need be!

nic902
07-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Trainer drama, UGH! Such an unecessary added stress. This is my 2nd off season flying solo and while it's not always easy, it really is fun and rewarded learning so much about myself along the way...Now, prep..HELL NO could I do that alone!

MichelleMosher77
07-12-2013, 07:41 PM
It is unneccessary stress sitting here thinking do I have a coach or no? If I was still doing figure I would not worry about my off season but since Im doing physique Im clueless to what to do and how to proceed...This drama was brought on by a situation that I thought was doormat but reared its ugly head again! I dont want to lose this coach because he has done so much for me and got me in the greatest shape of my life without starving me and our personalities fit together as well...I was looking at what prep coaches charged i almost passed out lol
Trainer drama, UGH! Such an unecessary added stress. This is my 2nd off season flying solo and while it's not always easy, it really is fun and rewarded learning so much about myself along the way...Now, prep..HELL NO could I do that alone!

MichelleMosher77
07-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Ladies...HELP ME!!! Because of this drama/stress I slipped and ate really bad junk food then I went back for seconds after having a huge porterhouse steak please give me some advice i dont want to slip too far away!!!

The Prodigy
07-13-2013, 01:17 AM
Ladies...HELP ME!!! Because of this drama/stress I slipped and ate really bad junk food then I went back for seconds after having a huge porterhouse steak please give me some advice i dont want to slip too far away!!!

Stay calm..take a DEEP breath! Don't stress about your coach until you have too! If he no longer wants to work with you release it to god! When one door closes another opens and it means something better is in store for you! Don't sweat the small stuff!! and most of the time when it comes to competing it is SMALL stuff! lol!

Now get back on your diet plan and keep your chin looking ahead!

MichelleMosher77
07-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Gail thank you so much for the advice and today I am going 100% clean and I cant wait to hit the gym to put this food to use as fuel....your right I am releasing everything to God, He knows the outcome of everything and what is best for me!!
Stay calm..take a DEEP breath! Don't stress about your coach until you have too! If he no longer wants to work with you release it to god! When one door closes another opens and it means something better is in store for you! Don't sweat the small stuff!! and most of the time when it comes to competing it is SMALL stuff! lol!

Now get back on your diet plan and keep your chin looking ahead!

MichelleMosher77
07-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Well the dust and the drama has settled...finally talked to my coach today and yes he is still training me thank you God!!! He just had to point out some issues that occured in the last show that I need to work on in my life, besides being a coach he also keeps my booty straight pointing out much needed areas that need adjustment in my life. one of them has to do with drinking still its a personal demon of mine that I am working on getting out of my life for good, it reared its ugly head in chicago and i feel so ashamed but i am stronger then that i am going to conqueor it like i have other areas...got a trip planned tomorrow for an amusement the last time to enjoy myself before settling back on the grind no 145 pds in off season for me i plan on staying straight on course!!! Got a new divsion to conqueor!!!

nic902
07-15-2013, 09:56 PM
We all have our demons we're fighting, you aren't alone there. That's part of what draws us to the sport and the lifestyle, use our passion and energy into something productive. It sounds so cliche, but it really is one day at a time...Focus on making each day a good one and before you know it, you're in a zone and things just roll along.

curvygirl
07-16-2013, 12:19 PM
We all have our demons we're fighting, you aren't alone there. That's part of what draws us to the sport and the lifestyle, use our passion and energy into something productive.
^^^^Truth!
I am glad you were able to sort things with your coach! Hope you had a great weekend!

Get ready for a fun ride into WPD! Lots of hard work but worth every moment of it! I have found that once I am in "no woman's land," the space that is half way between two destination points (start prep------->end of prep/stage time) or (start bulk------>end bulk/start cut), I am pretty darn happy! I think it has to do with the journey in between! That is when I start to see the changes...either with putting on muscle size, gains in strength or revealing cool new stuff underneath the cush. I hope your journey will be as much fun! Let's plan that training session real soon! :D

MichelleMosher77
07-19-2013, 04:37 PM
nic902, you are so right it is one day at a time and I cant believe that I have been competing for two years now....wish I would have transitioned in WPD at the start of this year but you cant change the past deal with the hand that you are dealt and move forward in life...I plan on taking it all in 2014...I am one determined woman!!!!
We all have our demons we're fighting, you aren't alone there. That's part of what draws us to the sport and the lifestyle, use our passion and energy into something productive. It sounds so cliche, but it really is one day at a time...Focus on making each day a good one and before you know it, you're in a zone and things just roll along.

MichelleMosher77
07-19-2013, 04:39 PM
curvygirl yes lets I looked at your pictures it looks like you train at MVP out by the Cascades off of 96, am I correct with that assumption! I am so ready to lift heavy and it seems like there is more help in this division among the women....
^^^^Truth!
I am glad you were able to sort things with your coach! Hope you had a great weekend!

Get ready for a fun ride into WPD! Lots of hard work but worth every moment of it! I have found that once I am in "no woman's land," the space that is half way between two destination points (start prep------->end of prep/stage time) or (start bulk------>end bulk/start cut), I am pretty darn happy! I think it has to do with the journey in between! That is when I start to see the changes...either with putting on muscle size, gains in strength or revealing cool new stuff underneath the cush. I hope your journey will be as much fun! Let's plan that training session real soon! :D

MichelleMosher77
07-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Well I am ready to start my journey into WPD getting my plan this weekend! Coach said its full of fun and I am going to like it....I asked him if it included my favorite foods such as steak and salmon and he said yes, bye bye to endless amounts of tilapia for awhile! I am a meat and potatoes girl should have made the switch long ago lol! Plus a cheat meal every week after my intense leg workout, hmm I don't think that I can handle that? Not!!! But what I like is that will be quality gains while staying lean he is incorporating cardio into the plan to keep the metabolism firing unlike last time when I ballooned to 145 ugh never again! Thinking of heading out either for a burger, steak, pasta or some sushi tonight! Work starts Monday, yes I have been eating clean for the most part but he wants me to enjoy a cheat meal more for mental then anything after the long talk that we had today that's why he had me off so long....why do I dumb stuff and fight him and realize for everything he has me do there is a reason behind it?

MichelleMosher77
07-21-2013, 02:26 PM

Here is one of my favorite shots from my show I cant wait to see what next year brings!!

The Prodigy
07-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Your lookin good! Keep at it!

apolizzi
07-21-2013, 10:07 PM
You look great! Best of luck!
I'm a meat and potatoes girl right now too! It's delish but I'm still getting used to eating that much food... I wonder what the theory behind the cheat meal being on leg day is? ... I'm assuming because you burn the most calories that day...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

nic902
07-21-2013, 10:23 PM
That is a great shot! You have a beautiful shape and I'm excited to see what's next for you.

MichelleMosher77
07-21-2013, 10:48 PM
I think it is because of that fact plus then I turn around and hit back/shoulders the next day...thank you for the comments. Been hard at it for the last two years.
You look great! Best of luck!
I'm a meat and potatoes girl right now too! It's delish but I'm still getting used to eating that much food... I wonder what the theory behind the cheat meal being on leg day is? ... I'm assuming because you burn the most calories that day...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MichelleMosher77
07-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Thank you nic902...Im going to put up a few more shots once I look through and decide what to put up, I cant wait to finally lift lift yeah!!!
That is a great shot! You have a beautiful shape and I'm excited to see what's next for you.

MichelleMosher77
07-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Thank you Gail. I appreciate that and also if you could resend that interview questionnaire I can fill out now now that I have a clear direction on where I am going...
Your lookin good! Keep at it!

The Prodigy
07-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you Gail. I appreciate that and also if you could resend that interview questionnaire I can fill out now now that I have a clear direction on where I am going...

DONE!!! Let me know if you don't get it!

MichelleMosher77
07-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Got it Gail filling it out tonight when I get home so excited to hit the gym..Its my first official day back yeah!!!!
DONE!!! Let me know if you don't get it!

MichelleMosher77
07-23-2013, 01:27 AM

Heres a picture of me on my first official day back and boy did I pound legs!!! So in the zone I really didnt notice when the drama starter came in!!! I am on a mission and its focused on one thing turning pro! :byeb:

MichelleMosher77
07-23-2013, 01:32 AM
155066 Heres a picture of my coach and I from the Wings of Strength Show

MichelleMosher77
07-23-2013, 01:36 AM
155067 Another cute picture of myself from the show this is me with my coach's dad...The judging may not have turned out the way I wanted but I had a great time and met some cool butt people

swingslammer
07-23-2013, 02:38 AM
This is for people in general and women specifically........FORGET BULKING!!! Arrrrggggg, you may as well say "I am going to get fat this off season".

P.S. I have made that mistake MANY times but have managed to stay within 20 pounds or less of contest weight for the last 10 years.

MichelleMosher77
07-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Ok...Its more lean quality gains my coach has my diet where I am not going to be getting fat...keeping me about 5-10 pounds from stage weight and he is including fasted cardio in the plan to keep the metabolism firing!! Last time I bulked it was crazy bad!
This is for people in general and women specifically........FORGET BULKING!!! Arrrrggggg, you may as well say "I am going to get fat this off season".

P.S. I have made that mistake MANY times but have managed to stay within 20 pounds or less of contest weight for the last 10 years.

nic902
07-23-2013, 09:16 PM
I think we've all BULKED way more than we would have wanted to..It seems to be the only way we learn lol Taking it all back off BLOWS!!!!!

MichelleMosher77
07-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Oh gosh yes let me include a picture of very bad bulk bad old trainer he just up and deserted me...155109
I think we've all BULKED way more than we would have wanted to..It seems to be the only way we learn lol Taking it all back off BLOWS!!!!!

MichelleMosher77
07-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Well the first two days of back at the gym killer workouts couldnt barely dress or drive myself home after my shoulder and back attack and dang it I can barely walk after assualting my legs into another century yesterday and I love my diet but there are a few things bugging me I guess tonight is going to be a bitch night...First of I am going to a different gym to do my morning cardio so I dont get picked on by one of the gym owners for not being as jack and ripped as I once was, I am ashamed of my body :( thats why I been getting my workouts in late at night so the regular crowd including some bitchy ass girls dont make fun of me and start rumors!! Second, I wish I never did that damn show in Chicago it was a clusterfudge of drama, problems and it ruined my self esteem majorly! To place dead last really after all my hard work I feel like it was for nothing and I want to compete again in Novemeber so I dont end the year on such a losing note and waste all those months of prep for what dead last!!!! I want that redempetion! I am not one for waiting I want it now a lot of times but coach wont let me compete till next year, then I felt like breaking down and crying during my workout because I feel so frustarted like i need more time off then I come home and there is a ton to be done. I take care of my sick mom so there is nothing but housework, cooking, cleaning, taking care of her and bunch of food prep and packing for tomorrow to be done ugh!!! I know I sound whiny and ungrateful I am not I appreciate and value what I have but right now things are in such a turmoil in my life I just want to sit there and cry a river! Isnt offseason/improvement season supposed to be less stressful?? Bah I need a vacation bad!

PFEPerformance
07-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Well the first two days of back at the gym killer workouts couldnt barely dress or drive myself home after my shoulder and back attack and dang it I can barely walk after assualting my legs into another century yesterday and I love my diet but there are a few things bugging me I guess tonight is going to be a bitch night...First of I am going to a different gym to do my morning cardio so I dont get picked on by one of the gym owners for not being as jack and ripped as I once was, I am ashamed of my body :( thats why I been getting my workouts in late at night so the regular crowd including some bitchy ass girls dont make fun of me and start rumors!! Second, I wish I never did that damn show in Chicago it was a clusterfudge of drama, problems and it ruined my self esteem majorly! To place dead last really after all my hard work I feel like it was for nothing and I want to compete again in Novemeber so I dont end the year on such a losing note and waste all those months of prep for what dead last!!!! I want that redempetion! I am not one for waiting I want it now a lot of times but coach wont let me compete till next year, then I felt like breaking down and crying during my workout because I feel so frustarted like i need more time off then I come home and there is a ton to be done. I take care of my sick mom so there is nothing but housework, cooking, cleaning, taking care of her and bunch of food prep and packing for tomorrow to be done ugh!!! I know I sound whiny and ungrateful I am not I appreciate and value what I have but right now things are in such a turmoil in my life I just want to sit there and cry a river! Isnt offseason/improvement season supposed to be less stressful?? Bah I need a vacation bad!

CHIN UP GIRL!!! Sit for a moment if you must, contemplate, FEEL, think, toss a tantrum or two, then - GET UP AND GET ON WITH IT!!!

WE ALL DEAL WITH CRAP, NONSENSE, PAIN, FRUSTRATION, JERKS, FINGER POINTERS, STRESS, FATIGUE, BODY IMAGE ISSUES, COMPETITION MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REBOUNDS, AND MENTAL MELT DOWNS!! YOU are in good company with those who actually do GET IT!!!

One of the very worst things you can do is "give in" to all of the above and allow it to overtake your focus, goals and drive to where you are going! Do not give the finger pointers the satisfaction, do not let your mind play into the mental Mind F's we do to ourselves with or without anyone else's assistance.

Take a breath - assess your goals, assess where you presently are, get your focus back and GO GET IT - ONE DAY - ONE MOMENT - ONE MINUTE at a time!!!!

You have a whole group of awesome peeps here who will support you and who will help you keep your head straight!!!!

BIG HUG!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

nic902
07-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Breathe, girl :hugme:
You are not alone, this is a battle many of us face.

The reality is we usually hide from the shit we need to deal with in life by throwing ourselves into and consuming ourselves with contest prep, then when we come off of the high of a show...all the shit we pushed aside, punches us in the face. You have a lot on your plate to deal with, put your focus and energy into those things while working on making the progress to your physique so that when you do get on stage again, you'll bring a package that you want.

A trap that many competitors fall into is the constant dieting/prepping. It's not a healthy place, physically or mentally to keep chasing that high of being "show ready"...It will burn you out worse than you already feel and instead of making progress, you'll just be spinning your wheels.

Who gives a FUCK what anyone at the gym thinks or anyone else who's got an opinion on your body..whether you're not a lean as you were etc or whatever. Keep focused on yourself, this is YOUR life and YOUR journey, to hell with anyone who kicks you when your down. It's ok to get upset, to feel down..we all have those moments, but vent and get it out..pick up and keep moving on.

MichelleMosher77
07-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Thank you Lorrie...I needed that I gave into the mental mind f's when I had those two weeks off and kept eating like shit and its hard to pull myself out of it but also im beating myself over the head for doing this to myself now my coach has to do something to get my conditioning back probably run a darn contest prep diet week on me but i left him no other option ugh! Those Peanut butter chocolate poptarts crumbled in ice cream was soo darn good should stop and not had any more during those weeks!!
CHIN UP GIRL!!! Sit for a moment if you must, contemplate, FEEL, think, toss a tantrum or two, then - GET UP AND GET ON WITH IT!!!

WE ALL DEAL WITH CRAP, NONSENSE, PAIN, FRUSTRATION, JERKS, FINGER POINTERS, STRESS, FATIGUE, BODY IMAGE ISSUES, COMPETITION MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REBOUNDS, AND MENTAL MELT DOWNS!! YOU are in good company with those who actually do GET IT!!!

One of the very worst things you can do is "give in" to all of the above and allow it to overtake your focus, goals and drive to where you are going! Do not give the finger pointers the satisfaction, do not let your mind play into the mental Mind F's we do to ourselves with or without anyone else's assistance.

Take a breath - assess your goals, assess where you presently are, get your focus back and GO GET IT - ONE DAY - ONE MOMENT - ONE MINUTE at a time!!!!

You have a whole group of awesome peeps here who will support you and who will help you keep your head straight!!!!

BIG HUG!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

MichelleMosher77
07-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Nic there is one person that I want to vent to and make sure she checks herself for the problems that she has caused me this past year in my training, wrecked relationships with coaches tried to destroy this one and smeared my name to the judges did I mention she works out at my gym she just had to join my gym grrr!! Thank you for being there and listening hun I am so glad for the great support that I get from you great ladies!!1
Breathe, girl :hugme:
You are not alone, this is a battle many of us face.

The reality is we usually hide from the shit we need to deal with in life by throwing ourselves into and consuming ourselves with contest prep, then when we come off of the high of a show...all the shit we pushed aside, punches us in the face. You have a lot on your plate to deal with, put your focus and energy into those things while working on making the progress to your physique so that when you do get on stage again, you'll bring a package that you want.

A trap that many competitors fall into is the constant dieting/prepping. It's not a healthy place, physically or mentally to keep chasing that high of being "show ready"...It will burn you out worse than you already feel and instead of making progress, you'll just be spinning your wheels.

Who gives a FUCK what anyone at the gym thinks or anyone else who's got an opinion on your body..whether you're not a lean as you were etc or whatever. Keep focused on yourself, this is YOUR life and YOUR journey, to hell with anyone who kicks you when your down. It's ok to get upset, to feel down..we all have those moments, but vent and get it out..pick up and keep moving on.

MichelleMosher77
07-28-2013, 01:42 AM
I am thinking things will not get better had a hard day again with my emotions will this ever stop?

MichelleMosher77
07-28-2013, 03:28 AM
Let me ask everyone this has anyone over indugled after a show?? Please i need some feed back here im struggling im mad at myself for eating and now im either wanting to hide from people, drop the weight or just keep eating is this normal? I never suffered a lost this deeply before after being at the best shape of my life? Is there something wrong with me

nic902
07-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Is there something wrong with you? NO! What you're going through is extremely common but people don't like to talk about it. The "post comp blues" are very real...Aside from the food aspect, you just spent 20-18-16wk etc being all consumed by every food you ate, every cardio and training session, the show itself, then BOOM Monday morning after the show, you are at a dead stop after going full force for so long...It's sorta a "what now" feeling that can leave many people very empty.

As far as gaining weight and feeling out of shape and not wanting to see people, I've been there. That is the double edged sword of what we do...When we're prepping, everybody compliments us etc but that also leads to people thinking its ok to just give you their opinion on what you look like "Oh wow, you gained weight, I like you better lean" Oh go fuck yourself! I hate those people :mad:

IMO you shouldn't start "dieting" cutting/cals or doing cardio to try and get the excess weight off. I think you should just get on your program, whatever your coach has laid out for you and use your frustration in the gym. I KNOW it seems hard, and honestly at first it is..just focus on making good choices TODAY, worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Fuel your body well, treat it right and it will respond :heart:

Let me ask everyone this has anyone over indugled after a show?? Please i need some feed back here im struggling im mad at myself for eating and now im either wanting to hide from people, drop the weight or just keep eating is this normal? I never suffered a lost this deeply before after being at the best shape of my life? Is there something wrong with me

sassy69
07-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the Post Show Club. Hate to welcome people to it, but at least you know you're not the only one. :)

I think you'll start to not feel so alone if you check this thread:

Post Contest Rebound (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?12379-Post-Contest-Rebound&p=350856&viewfull=1#post350856)

Also note about 1/2 way down the thread, I posted an article I found, wow, probably 7 years ago now, called "Post Competition Syndrome". I think it will help give you a better idea of all the things going on in your body after a competition while it is trying desperately to find some sort of rebalance after all the extremes of competition prep. The road into a show is typically very slow & controlled with small, incremental changes. Then after the show, its like all that structure and focus disappears, your body tries to start rebalancing, and then we throw in the typical post-show feeding frenzy of processed fat, sugar, alcohol and everything else we feel like we gave up for the last 4 months for the big show. Of course your body is going to give you a big fat F*CK YOU for putting it thru all that.

But the full scope of the post-show experience, IMO particularly for women, can be quite dramatic. You've gone from the best shape of your life, to a depressed fat ball of bloat in like a week. My worst short-term experience was 18 lb of water weight in 6 days, w/ the help of a break-up w/ my bf at the time and a 6 day eating binge after my first show. My worst long-term post-show was my second show that was a disaster in itself thanks to a shitball coach who majorly overtrained me - that resulted in very dramatic adrenal exhaustion, a 30 lb weight gain that took me 2 years to get under control. That was less of a post-show rebound than just an all-around bad process.

I've learned so much since then. But IMO the first thing to understand is that there's just a lot your body is trying to do to regain its homeostasis after all of the extremes of prep and suddenly all of that focus and structure is gone. You feel lost, your body is getting bombed suddenly w/ all sorts of shit food, you're gaininig water weight, you're starting to feel physically depressed and where you were a rock star a week ago, you're now feeling like a beached whale w/ gas.

Step 1: Stop assigning fault to yourself for feeling like you do now. A huge amount of it is your body trying to readjust. It just takes some time - but don't add to the stress by making it "your fault".

Step 2: Get back to some structure in your life - get back on your regular gym schedule (exercise is an excellent stress reliever, and post-show is said to be a wonderfully anabolic time when your body is ready to start growing again after all the dieting down). Get yourself on a structured diet that will bring you back to a maintenance program in a slow & controlled manner - small, incremental changes back out to a "normal" diet.

Step 3: Relax! You've done a show! That's a huge accomplishment! Shit, most people couldn't make it past Week 1, much less Week 16. And if they can make it that far, getting on stage in nothing but a skimpy posing suit and fake tan just might kill 'em. :)

Step 4: Step back and look at the big picture - this lifestyle is a journey and not a destination. It is comprised of phases - for each extreme phase you pursue, you've got to allow a recovery period for your body to resettle at a point of homeostasis. The smaller the extremes, the less rebound / recovery. That's why we say things like scheduled, controlled cheats instead of random extreme binging and things like that to minimize the swings that your body needs to recover from. Same applies at many larger time cycles as well.

And just in general - a place to start is just to pick a couple things you have control over and get them back on track. Like cleaning up the diet - as a guidance you could look at your competition diet like 4 weeks out, and then use that as your starting point to ease back into a maintenance diet. Slowly adding in more cals, more variety of carbs, etc. Keep your cheats to once/ week where its a special event / dinner out / whatever. That also counts for alcohol. Don't deprive yourself, but keep it that one night / week and not randomly. I personally find just keeping the structure of a competition (w/o the tight calorie counting,etc.) goes a long way to getting things back in order after a show. The loss of that structure is what screws me up the most and just opens the door for the random cheating, loss of focus, etc.

Some additional thoughts I had were around behavior management - and for me this is what has saved me over the last several years while operating under the pressures of competition dieting:

1) Associations w/ food - If you tend to go for the comfort food when you are stressed, change that association. Im' personally better of w/ something like frozen sugar free ice pops, in the house if I'm going to be looking to go to food. But I'm really better off trying something completely different if I feel stress. It might be picking up a book. It might squeezing a stress ball (but I find I get a little too compulsive w/ that). Better is to go out and walk around the block, play w/ my cats or focus on anything I can do to improve someone else's day. But remove the association of food (or any other vice you may have) w/ "comfort".

2) If I am paying attention when I start to head for the fridge when its not a meal time, especially if I've got some forward motion w/ my diet, No food tastes better than lean feels!

3) Do some stretching or some sort of non-lifting, but good for your body activity. Weirdly, one of my favorite things to "gift" to myself is laying the long way on a foam roller (where its running vertical w/ my spine). And just laying there. It feels sooo good and so great for stretching . Esp when you're stressed out - I know I tend to hunch up more and carry stress in my shoulders & neck. Keep that stuff loose. As you get older, that mobility is what you will see disappearing. And THAT sucks!

4) Be good to yourself. Jettison the negative people from your life - not your job to deal w/ other people's bullshit. One of my favorite parts of hitting the gym is getting to listen to my beloved heavy metal - no one else has to listen to it, I can get lost in my favorite metal ballads and driving bass (LOL!), and it shouts out the rest of the idiots in the gym. Some days that is the only way to share the same eqpt w/ the other knobs in the gym.

broadys
07-28-2013, 11:25 PM
sassy what a great post- lots of pertinent info there.

Michelle my heart goes out to you and thank goodness for all the knowledgeable girls in here that can help you out.

roseb1999
07-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Looking forward to following your journey!!
Hi ladies :)

I am recently new on this site. Been a member for couple years but mainly for the contest gallery :drool: got to admit there are some hot guys on there! I am sitting up a blog as well to share my thoughts and feelings as I prepare for the Chicago Pro/Am in 5-6 weeks. Dont worry Im already in show shape just need to tweak a few things to bring a dynamite package to the show!

A few things about me.....I have been competing for 2 years when September hits this year. Started out in bikini big mistake! Not only did I not have the sass for it I was to muscular/lean for it so I made the switch to figure. I recently achieved my National Qualification this past weekend so my trainer and I switched my development to hitting the Chicago Pro/Am. I hope you find this journal interesting, helpful and good for a laugh time to time. Lets face it we need it at times during prep! Happy Training everyone!

MichelleMosher77
08-03-2013, 01:16 AM
To everyone that has given me advice you are so appreciated!!! I am glad that I joined this forum, I have learned so much from you ladies!! Been out of town for the last few days, its just nice to get away and train at another place so your able to get your entire workout in without being asked questions. Dont get me wrong, I love giving advice but when I am in the midst of a workout I have laser focus!! Just been struggling with feeling shelved these past few days. I even thought of giving up competing to focus on other things but its in my blood I cant give up!! Then I still been battling issues with food on craving bad stuff and being hungry all the time. It has been tough since my coach pulled my cheat meal to get my weight back under control again. I admit I indulged but I went without any cheats or refeeds for close to four months ugh! I can out eat some grown men! I wanted to agrue with him and tell it was water weight but I admit I went crazy with the pop tarts lol!! Anyways its almost under control! I hope this week when I send him pictures that I get them back lol, it helps with those crazy leg workouts!!!

nic902
08-03-2013, 10:50 AM
I am in the same boat! I don't have a coach right now, but I am not allowing any cheats in my diet for the next few weeks. I had a few too many (pop tarts, ice cream, trail mix lol)...so I think I'm all cheated out for a while, gotta get the body comp under control first.

Here's to a pop-tart free weekend :)

MichelleMosher77
08-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Nic902...easier said then done lol to the pop tarts but I did get allowed a cheat for my birthday!!So my father and I being that both of us are kids at heart are going to Cedar Point for my birthday :cheerleader:So excited about that! Here is an example of what meal plan consists of:
Meal 1: Fats/Pro
Meal 2: Pro/Carbs/Low Fat
Meal 3: Pro/Fats/Carbs
PW: Protein Shake with Water/Carb drink
Meal 4: Fat/Pro/Carbs
Meal 5: Pro/Fats
Meal 6: Pro/Fats
Then once I get this extra water/fat off then the cheat meal will come back but on leg day so it goes straight to replenish the muscles :drool:155989

Flexing on arm day....So what was your favorite pop tart flavor? Mine was the peanut butter chocolate poptart and the cookies n cream

nic902
08-03-2013, 11:23 PM
OMG! The Cookies & Cream is by far my favorite pop tart...but the PB ones are running a close second, I swear I wish I never tried them :drool:

I think your meal plan looks pretty solid, if anything I would take the carbs out of meal 2 and use them in your pre/post workout meals where they can be better utilized but if you're making progress with the way it's laid out now and you feel good (energy, hunger etc) then, no reason to change it up.

wgymrat
08-04-2013, 01:44 AM
I had heard rumors of the PB pop tart and saw them for the first time getting groceries this week. I bought a box of the PB and chocolate ones, took two out to set aside for after my competition. How bad is that!!!! I feel guilty already ...Im sure it will pass lol

MichelleMosher77
08-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Dont feel gulity hun...just only eat those ones and toss the box, which I didnt do big mistake lol make sure to toast or heat them in the microwave first yummy!!
I had heard rumors of the PB pop tart and saw them for the first time getting groceries this week. I bought a box of the PB and chocolate ones, took two out to set aside for after my competition. How bad is that!!!! I feel guilty already ...Im sure it will pass lol

MichelleMosher77
08-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Those are yummy crumbled in ice cream along with the PB ones kind of having a mini cold stone...so far the diet seems to be working. The reason for the carbs is because the workouts are very intense the back and shoulder ones want to make me cry lol also he wants to add the size to me you should see what my back is lacking lol but my coach is always making adjustments to my diet in my contest prep time he changed it about 15 times not including peak week i think he wants to make the most of big gains while I am still fresh!! Whatever it is I am not questioning his genius!!!
OMG! The Cookies & Cream is by far my favorite pop tart...but the PB ones are running a close second, I swear I wish I never tried them :drool:

I think your meal plan looks pretty solid, if anything I would take the carbs out of meal 2 and use them in your pre/post workout meals where they can be better utilized but if you're making progress with the way it's laid out now and you feel good (energy, hunger etc) then, no reason to change it up.

nic902
08-04-2013, 12:09 PM
That is the beauty of having a coach...Let HIM do the thinking LOL! Trust in the process!

Those are yummy crumbled in ice cream along with the PB ones kind of having a mini cold stone...so far the diet seems to be working. The reason for the carbs is because the workouts are very intense the back and shoulder ones want to make me cry lol also he wants to add the size to me you should see what my back is lacking lol but my coach is always making adjustments to my diet in my contest prep time he changed it about 15 times not including peak week i think he wants to make the most of big gains while I am still fresh!! Whatever it is I am not questioning his genius!!!

MichelleMosher77
08-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Nic902....oh yeah I let him do it especially when it comes to peak week although at times I dont like what he says or has me do like pulling my cheat meal at the moment :byeg:but its the right thing because I was so unhappy with that extra weight last time and that prep was hard as heck getting that extra weight off!!
That is the beauty of having a coach...Let HIM do the thinking LOL! Trust in the process!

MichelleMosher77
08-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Ladies of rx please give me some feedback on how I am looking. I took these tonight about a month since show time...be brutally honest please! 156035156036

MichelleMosher77
08-05-2013, 02:01 AM

Sorry ladies here it is again please be honest!!!

broadys
08-05-2013, 02:46 AM
I havent a damn clue what judges look for so I will leave that to the girls who know but from where I am sitting right now I am thinking you are looking like one hot smokin mama

Loving them shoes - what are they?

curvygirl
08-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Hey Lady!

Catching up with your journal! Sorry you have had heavy post show blues! :( As all the other ladies have said, it is not a unique occurrence. We who have competed have all been through it. Both Nic & Lorrie shared some great thoughts!

The reality is we usually hide from the shit we need to deal with in life by throwing ourselves into and consuming ourselves with contest prep, then when we come off of the high of a show...all the shit we pushed aside, punches us in the face.

I also think Sassy's post is great! Super informative! For me this post season, the blues were at a minimum because I was already looking forward & had a plan in place. Sounds like you are solidly moving into your plan & before you know it, you will have the blues beat!

As for how you are looking...you look great! Embrace your "grow-season" physique! This is the time you will actually grow/put on some muscle, your strength will go up, & you should be feeling great because you are eating enough to recover & heal!

I wanted to share with you & already posted on my thread, that Bossman & I both pulled out of prep for our end of Aug/Sept competitions. The main reason was for my guy, but ultimately it was the right choice for both of us. We both need to be "normal" for a while & the break will do us both really good!. As Nic said competing is "all consuming" & not necessarily in a good way.

Yes, I plan to compete again, next June but that is a loooooong way off! So for now, in this time, my diet, my training, my cardio is about finding a balance, finding my "healthy new normal." Your goals are a little different than mine in the coming months, but ultimately we are both trying to find a way to be happy both off & on season. I urge you to find joy & happiness outside of the gym too!

Hold strong mama! Let's get that training date set up soon! x0x0x

MichelleMosher77
08-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Thank you so much for the encouraging words and the awesome complements!!! Its hard at times to embrace the new body used to seeing myself being cut up with lines and six pack with veins popping. I know one can not be like that year around I believe I have found it harder to go back to my orginial hard core gym because of the one drama queen the girl who hates me the most is cutting again for a wbff fitness diva show trains there she loves spreading lies about me and tearing me down but I got to remeber shes just some dumb little girl lol!!! Anyways yes mama we got to get that date set up ASAP!!!
Hey Lady!

Catching up with your journal! Sorry you have had heavy post show blues! :( As all the other ladies have said, it is not a unique occurrence. We who have competed have all been through it. Both Nic & Lorrie shared some great thoughts!

I also think Sassy's post is great! Super informative! For me this post season, the blues were at a minimum because I was already looking forward & had a plan in place. Sounds like you are solidly moving into your plan & before you know it, you will have the blues beat!

As for how you are looking...you look great! Embrace your "grow-season" physique! This is the time you will actually grow/put on some muscle, your strength will go up, & you should be feeling great because you are eating enough to recover & heal!

I wanted to share with you & already posted on my thread, that Bossman & I both pulled out of prep for our end of Aug/Sept competitions. The main reason was for my guy, but ultimately it was the right choice for both of us. We both need to be "normal" for a while & the break will do us both really good!. As Nic said competing is "all consuming" & not necessarily in a good way.

Yes, I plan to compete again, next June but that is a loooooong way off! So for now, in this time, my diet, my training, my cardio is about finding a balance, finding my "healthy new normal." Your goals are a little different than mine in the coming months, but ultimately we are both trying to find a way to be happy both off & on season. I urge you to find joy & happiness outside of the gym too!

Hold strong mama! Let's get that training date set up soon! x0x0x

MichelleMosher77
08-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Thank you so much I appreciate that !!! The shoes are Asics I love them either getting another pair of them in blue or some Nikes soon!!!
I havent a damn clue what judges look for so I will leave that to the girls who know but from where I am sitting right now I am thinking you are looking like one hot smokin mama

Loving them shoes - what are they?

PFEPerformance
08-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Ok - I'm thinking we need a GROUP RX Girl Road Trip to your hardcore gym where Miss Drama Queen Resides and your ladies here can show Miss Thing wassup!!!

Seriously girl - don't play into her stupidity, hell - if it were me, I'd be all up in her shit setting her straight and shutting the crap down - but, not encouraging you to do so - lol! But, people like this are attention whores and just looking to stir crap up, draw attention to themselves, and to belittle you......

Hold your head up, do your thing, and bust ass all out - who gives a shit what she thinks and whomever may listen to her - believe me, what goes around, comes around, and at some point - she will land on her face from her bad vibes and drama stirring!

LET NOTHING NOR NO ONE STAND IN YOUR WAY!!!!

nic902
08-08-2013, 12:40 PM
BOOM! X2:diva:

I wouldn't give a bitch like that the pleasure of effecting my life one way or another. People like her THRIVE on drama and attention, even negative attentions gives her what she wants. I'd just keep doing my thing and ignore that she even exists...You're too busy being fabulous :)

Ok - I'm thinking we need a GROUP RX Girl Road Trip to your hardcore gym where Miss Drama Queen Resides and your ladies here can show Miss Thing wassup!!!

Seriously girl - don't play into her stupidity, hell - if it were me, I'd be all up in her shit setting her straight and shutting the crap down - but, not encouraging you to do so - lol! But, people like this are attention whores and just looking to stir crap up, draw attention to themselves, and to belittle you......

Hold your head up, do your thing, and bust ass all out - who gives a shit what she thinks and whomever may listen to her - believe me, what goes around, comes around, and at some point - she will land on her face from her bad vibes and drama stirring!

Sunnyday
08-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Michelle, like it was already said, don't give that thang the time of day. You paid your fee to be there in that gym so make the most of your dollars. Crank up your tunes and keep your eyes down. Surround yourself with positive people who bring out the best in you and ignore the rest of them. If Arnold had listened to naysayers he wouldn't be where he is today. :flowers:

MichelleMosher77
08-10-2013, 01:40 AM
Lorrie.... She would crap her pants if you women showed up at my gym to deal with her....Who I feel for the most isnt me but her parents and her little two year girl and as my coach told me who gives a fudge (edited) of what she thinks or does shes a little girl you got bigger goals then her then after venting to you ladies here made me realize heck he is right and I got great group of women supporting me on this journey!! I am so glad that I listened to Gail and started to keep a journal and Lorrie is that pic from the Monster Mash in 2011? If so I was there in that show such a great show met so many great ladies back there!!!

MichelleMosher77
08-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Nic I love you again so right and like I said to Lorrie I am so glad I have you ladies to support and encouraging me I feel like you are there cheering me on in those tough times!!!
BOOM! X2:diva:

I wouldn't give a bitch like that the pleasure of effecting my life one way or another. People like her THRIVE on drama and attention, even negative attentions gives her what she wants. I'd just keep doing my thing and ignore that she even exists...You're too busy being fabulous :)

MichelleMosher77
08-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Thank you Sunnyday!!! I think I am going to go out and buy a hat to wear low so people really get the point to leave me alone...some of the people in my gym thrive on the drama and stirring up the pot I am not going to give in to their stupidity! I am out to be the best I can be. I am a woman on a mission and that is to get my pro card no later then spring of 2015!!!
Michelle, like it was already said, don't give that thang the time of day. You paid your fee to be there in that gym so make the most of your dollars. Crank up your tunes and keep your eyes down. Surround yourself with positive people who bring out the best in you and ignore the rest of them. If Arnold had listened to naysayers he wouldn't be where he is today. :flowers:

MichelleMosher77
08-10-2013, 01:58 AM
I am starting to get addicted to this picture thing..here are some pics from todays workout...cant wait to be rocking bigger delts and wider lats soon!!

MichelleMosher77
08-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Really being told i have gained 30 pounds since stage by people has caused me to curl up in a ball and cry!!! I dont need this shit!!! I never should have done chicago because it has caused me severe depression with all that went on...I am not one to criticize people for getting onstage but to place me dead last behind someone who got up and danced around stage for prejuding doing bikini poses not figure poses and other things ahead of me wtf!!!! I never ever ever should have done that show im too the point where I honestly want to give up !!! here are some pics tell me if its a 30 pound gain!!! 156409 and well just scroll through to look at pics they are found on page 2 please be honest Im losing my mind here

nic902
08-11-2013, 08:41 PM
First, you need to relax and not give a fuck what other people think of your body..Who cares how much someone else thinks you may have gained? It's all about how YOU feel. This is the toughest part about our sport, people will offer up their opinions (unsolicited) on our physiques..While it's nice when we're leaning out, it BLOWS when we've put on a few.

Since you asked for our opinions, I will say that I think you look great. You're keeping pretty damn good off season condition IMO but like I said, it's how YOU feel about yourself that matters above all.

curvygirl
08-12-2013, 11:04 AM
First, you need to relax and not give a fuck what other people think of your body..Who cares how much someone else thinks you may have gained? It's all about how YOU feel. This is the toughest part about our sport, people will offer up their opinions (unsolicited) on our physiques..While it's nice when we're leaning out, it BLOWS when we've put on a few.

Since you asked for our opinions, I will say that I think you look great. You're keeping pretty damn good off season condition IMO but like I said, it's how YOU feel about yourself that matters above all.
^^^^^This in Spades! Nic hit all points directly and I agree with her!

I have put on 20 pounds since May! Some solid muscle as well as the requisite fluff! It can be a daily mind game of "Damn I'm fat!" or "Damn I've gotten so strong!" to "Damn I'm jiggling all over" to "Damn did I really just set another PR!?!"

Baby you gotta own it! AND you also gotta develop a thicker skin to be in this funky sport! Remember you have done something 99% of the rest of the normal people will never ever do in their lifetime! And I don't mean get up on stage with super dark ass tan in a teeny posing suit! You got into the best shape of your life to do it! And even 6 weeks after your last show, you are still one of the healthiest, in shape people walking around in real life! Embrace the lifestyle. Understand everything is cyclical and the journey is never ending.

You look great! Look for the small victories as you continue your journey! AND stay away from the esteem sucking, immature, insecure person in your gym! She is not worth one moment of your time or energy! You have bigger fish to fry my dear! :D

xOxOx :heart:

nic902
08-12-2013, 02:43 PM
^^^^^This in Spades! Nic hit all points directly and I agree with her!

I have put on 20 pounds since May! Some solid muscle as well as the requisite fluff! It can be a daily mind game of "Damn I'm fat!" or "Damn I've gotten so strong!" to "Damn I'm jiggling all over" to "Damn did I really just set another PR!?!"

Baby you gotta own it! AND you also gotta develop a thicker skin to be in this funky sport! Remember you have done something 99% of the rest of the normal people will never ever do in their lifetime! And I don't mean get up on stage with super dark ass tan in a teeny posing suit! You got into the best shape of your life to do it! And even 6 weeks after your last show, you are still one of the healthiest, in shape people walking around in real life! Embrace the lifestyle. Understand everything is cyclical and the journey is never ending.

You look great! Look for the small victories as you continue your journey! AND stay away from the esteem sucking, immature, insecure person in your gym! She is not worth one moment of your time or energy! You have bigger fish to fry my dear! :D

xOxOx :heart:

I LOVE THIS!
Something I need to remind myself of :heart:

Sunnyday
08-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Reality check:(er, reminder) this lifestyle is your CHOICE. Competing is your CHOICE. The majority of people around you aren't going to agree with your CHOICE and are going to let you know about it. How you deal with the naysayers and the encouragers is your CHOICE. Do your homework regarding diet and training and enjoy them as YOUR CHOICES. 'Nuff said.

nic902
08-12-2013, 03:00 PM
reality check:(er, reminder) this lifestyle is your choice. Competing is your choice. The majority of people around you aren't going to agree with your choice and are going to let you know about it. How you deal with the naysayers and the encouragers is your choice. Do your homework regarding diet and training and enjoy them as your choices. 'nuff said.

truth!

PFEPerformance
08-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Lorrie.... She would crap her pants if you women showed up at my gym to deal with her....Who I feel for the most isnt me but her parents and her little two year girl and as my coach told me who gives a fudge (edited) of what she thinks or does shes a little girl you got bigger goals then her then after venting to you ladies here made me realize heck he is right and I got great group of women supporting me on this journey!! I am so glad that I listened to Gail and started to keep a journal and Lorrie is that pic from the Monster Mash in 2011? If so I was there in that show such a great show met so many great ladies back there!!!

Pic from Mash 2012 - OMG - you were there!!! :-( Wish we would have met!!!

PFEPerformance
08-13-2013, 09:52 AM
truth!

X 3! NEVER - EVER hand ANYONE your power! When you allow them to EFFECT you in a negative way with their bullshit negative energy - you just gave up some of your power! Someone once told me that the very best thing I can do with such individuals is to completely ignore them - be non reactive - and SUCCEED!!! I pass that to you!

In the end - you are in a positive healthy place and they are still wallowing in the same ole - same ole drama bullshit place - they are truly lacking and NEED to draw attention to themselves to have a sense of worth - how sad!

We ALL struggle with body issues and self judgment! We ALL have what I call mental "fat" days that you just feel way too fluffy and completely over analyze yourself in the mirror - SUCKS! But it's part of the ride of this sport! When you wear the best body of your life for a "moment" and then have to adjust to normal and what normal looks like - UGH - it is a Mind F!!!

It's a matter of learning to embrace the seasons of competing and adjusting to what each of those seasons look like for you and what is a realistic HEALTHY place to be on the outside and the inside!

nic902
08-13-2013, 10:58 AM
X 3! NEVER - EVER hand ANYONE your power! When you allow them to EFFECT you in a negative way with their bullshit negative energy - you just gave up some of your power! Someone once told me that the very best thing I can do with such individuals is to completely ignore them - be non reactive - and SUCCEED!!! I pass that to you!

In the end - you are in a positive healthy place and they are still wallowing in the same ole - same ole drama bullshit place - they are truly lacking and NEED to draw attention to themselves to have a sense of worth - how sad!

We ALL struggle with body issues and self judgment! We ALL have what I call mental "fat" days that you just feel way too fluffy and completely over analyze yourself in the mirror - SUCKS! But it's part of the ride of this sport! When you wear the best body of your life for a "moment" and then have to adjust to normal and what normal looks like - UGH - it is a Mind F!!!

It's a matter of learning to embrace the seasons of competing and adjusting to what each of those seasons look like for you and what is a realistic HEALTHY place to be on the outside and the inside!

I love all of this ^^^^^ Especailly the bolded! So much truth right there, I refuse to hand over my power to anyone other than myself!