PDA

View Full Version : Road to Bikini Pro Card Attempt

Gnomeimp
06-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Wow, okay, this is going to be a hard journey for me....not the competition prep, but being public about it!
I've never really shared my journey outside of a few random Facebook posts every now and then. Most times I won't even post about an upcoming show for fear of not doing well and having people ask how I did after the fact. But here's to turning a new leaf! I though it might be nice to have a different type of support system this time around.
I've been competing in bikini for a bit over a year and I've (surprisingly) done well. I did my first two shows (just a couple weeks apart) on my own training. Heck, I didn't even know the extent that people actually trained for these things at that point! Yes, I was THAT girl at my first show. In retrospect, looking at pictures, the me today would NEVER have stepped on stage looking like I did at those first two shows. I had just lost a bunch of weight (about 30 lbs on my 5'2.5" frame) and thought, "heck I look good and I've heard people talk about this". I actually placed 6th at a pretty big regional show and I'm still not sure why I did as well as I did. A few weeks later I did a very small show and took 2nd. Wow, really? It wasn't until then when I actually gave it some thought to really TRAIN!
I got myself a coach, and WHOA did my life change! Since then I've never not placed in the top 5 at any show I've done and that includes The Arnold in Columbus, Ohio. I never thought I would be the type of person to take a hobby to such a lifestyle change!
I qualified for Jr. Nationals and Nationals with a few different shows this year so now I'm going to take a stab at the IFBB North American Championships in late August. A first place placing in my class at this show would award me my pro card. This is my first attempt and it's hard to not get your hopes up.
Okay, well that's probably enough to just introduce myself to everyone and I don't want to droll on too much in my first post :)
So, HI EVERYONE! I look forward to getting to know you wonderful athletes and learn lots from everyone in the process!

Curt James
06-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Welcome to Rx Muscle and good luck at North Americans.

broadys
06-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Welcome to RX, glad you got the courage to openly post about your prep, I find this place extremely supportive and informative. Best of luck with your goals

Gnomeimp
06-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys :)

The Prodigy
06-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Well...well...well girlie...WELCOME TO RX GIRL! Glad I can follow your journey! The NA's is a great show! Remember to post in others journals as well! Post pics, recipes, motivation stuff...anything! Keep pushing.....

nic902
06-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Welcome girl! I'm looking forward to following along :byeb: