PDA

View Full Version : Quad pumps

D_T
06-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Do you guys still get the same type of quad pumps as in your younger days? I still get great leg workouts, but I don't often get the painful skin-tearing burning pumps like I used to. It also seems quads are typically the first body part to fade with Masters bodybuilders as well. Just wondered if there was any correlation.

mrky03
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Mine blow up like mad! Try doing 20-30 rep sets of squats and leg presses, I've made substantial gains this year doing that. I do hear a lot of master's complaining about not getting a pump though. I say focus and form plus more TUT should make a difference.

masterschamp
06-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Do you guys still get the same type of quad pumps as in your younger days? I still get great leg workouts, but I don't often get the painful skin-tearing burning pumps like I used to. It also seems quads are typically the first body part to fade with Masters bodybuilders as well. Just wondered if there was any correlation.

I think like so much else in this sport genetics is a big factor....my quads are as big as they ever were.....but I always had well developed quads ...I was a sprinter....before I really got into weight training......any form of intense exercise and they blow up......most of all when I get in the squat rack.......dont get me wrong...my leg day is brutal, but it seems like anything I do for them results in growth....that's another one of those "Thanks, Mom and Dad" things.