PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers Marlon Byrd confirms Victor Conte as nutritional consultant

Speedbuff
06-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Marlon Byrd, centerfielder for the Texas Rangers confirmed that he is working with Victor Conte and following a detailed nutritional supplementation program. Wonder if Byrd will end up taking some major heat from MLB?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-byrdconte062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-byrdconte062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

vboissiere
06-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Why any high profile athlete would want anything to do with Conte is amazing. I wish him the best.

John Romano
06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
I think it just goes to show you importance of performance enhancement to pro athletes. Victor's success with increasing performance was because it was extremely broad in scope and design. There were many, many components to his performance protocol. If he employed steroids or GH, those items were one small piece of a very complex and highly effective whole. Victor knows what he's doing and athletes with balls enough to not worry what MLB thinks will seek him out for his knowledge, not for what made him notorious.

Dan Newmire
06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
I think it just goes to show you importance of performance enhancement to pro athletes. Victor's success with increasing performance was because it was extremely broad in scope and design. There were many, many components to his performance protocol. If he employed steroids or GH, those items were one small piece of a very complex and highly effective whole. Victor knows what he's doing and athletes with balls enough to not worry what MLB thinks will seek him out for his knowledge, not for what made him notorious.

Everyday people get up and have ther umpteen amounts of coffee... for what? What does that help you do? Why do people chug down Rockstars and Monster drinks at work also? Playing baseball is Marlon's job, the better he does the more bonuses and pay he gets. Conte is good at what he does, he makes good athletes even better!

Dan

JWolfe
06-25-2009, 03:55 PM
I bet he gets more "random" drug tests then anyone else though.

John Romano
06-25-2009, 04:02 PM
I bet he gets more "random" drug tests then anyone else though.

None of Victor's clients have ever failed a drug test

JWolfe
06-25-2009, 08:56 PM

Very too! But I bet they still test him a lot anyway, bet he passes them all.

BigBilly
06-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Why any high profile athlete would want anything to do with Conte is amazing. I wish him the best.

bc he knows his shit

vboissiere
06-26-2009, 03:46 PM

They don't fail tests, but they sure do end up in jail.
John, while I have tremendous respect for you, and I think you consider him a friend, I think it's real fucked up how he ratted everyone out to save his ass. John, you're a New Yorker like I. Different hood, same rules apply. From what I know and have heard about you, when you had your issues, you stood up and took your weight. Everything out there reads like he handled it like a bitch.

vboissiere
06-26-2009, 03:47 PM
bc he knows his shit

Thought it was Patrick who knew his shit?

Goodfellas
06-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Marlon barely gets any playing time.

vboissiere
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Marlon barely gets any playing time.

Maybe he's trying to change that. Can't blame a guy for wanting to improve himself, but I hope it doesn't come back to bite him in the ass.

Goodfellas
06-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Maybe he's trying to change that. Can't blame a guy for wanting to improve himself, but I hope it doesn't come back to bite him in the ass.

When Andruw Jones plays ahead of ya that doesnt future doesn't look good. Never know I hope he does well.

cook
06-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Byrd has played OK this year not great. Hamilton will be back in a couple of weeks let`s see how that affects his playing time.

Goodfellas
06-26-2009, 07:01 PM
I looked up his stats

.285 BA , 23 2B, 4 HR, 33 RBI, .316OBP, .447SLG, .763OPS