PDA

View Full Version : Latimus 15 1/2 weeks out! full prep

latimus
06-25-2009, 05:47 AM
well its that time of the year again, I managed to win the Open lightheavies last year, this year I will be in the open heavies for the first time. I am 229lbs right now and have maybe 15-20lbs to be where I need to be. dont care about weight I just want to look better then I ever have and I think it will happen easily this year. I started the diet early so I can keep cals real high and maybe make some slight gains and grow into the show a tad. Gonna attempt to lose the weight real slow so I can hold on to all my gains this year.

jacshelb
06-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow, you are really really lean for this far out!

Zetawill
06-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Wow, you are really really lean for this far out!

Agreed!

dtay1990
06-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Look good bro, especially rectus femoris development. Just practice that posing... Make it look easy!!

latimus
06-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Look good bro, especially rectus femoris development. Just practice that posing... Make it look easy!!

yah after a long offseason I tend to foget how hard posing is. definetly shows in these pics, I am in pain!

GottaGetLean
06-25-2009, 08:23 PM
yea ur lean for 15 1/2 weeks out.. how much weight did u gain for ur bulking diet??

Jaredmus
06-25-2009, 09:28 PM
wow man you legs are going to be shredded, going to have kai green stritaion in the teardrop

latimus
06-26-2009, 05:44 AM
yea ur lean for 15 1/2 weeks out.. how much weight did u gain for ur bulking diet??

well last show I dieted from 260lbs all the way to 198 carb loaded and was 202 on stage. I actually looked better a week out but had to struggle to make LH class, lost a lil muscle doing that.

directly after the show went straight back on diet foods and just ate a ton more volum of the same foods and actually did some cardio along the way. highest I got this year was 237lbs.

Its just to counter productive to get super fat like I use to because I lose so much strength and size when getting down to show weight. this year I said f that and tried a new approach.

I am actually way stronger at 229 right now then I was when I weighed 267lbs at one point a year ago.

here a couple youtubes vids I made last week just for fun!

8 plate t-bar rows reps touching floor on every rep
YouTube - Latimus Tbar rows 8 plates for reps

365 bench for 7. had a cold this day so it wasnt my best. oh well
YouTube - Barbell bench 365lbs 7 reps while dieting!

605 behind the back hack deadlift no straps
YouTube - Latimus (Joel Dale) behind the back hack deadlift 605lbs

latimus
06-26-2009, 06:02 AM
I use to struggle with anorexia and bulemia when I was 18 and weighed 119lbs when I started lifting weights in April 2004

just so you guys can see how far I have come here are some pics of my april 2004 weighing 119lbs

newgoal300
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM
look good bro, practice that rear dble bi, somethin looks odd when you do it

BigBilly
06-27-2009, 12:40 PM
U looking good kid....

Question on the front lat spead-- is it better to vacum in or squeeze ur abs?

latimus
06-27-2009, 05:15 PM
U looking good kid....

Question on the front lat spead-- is it better to vacum in or squeeze ur abs?

I dont really do either of those.

I just bring my chest up as high as I can whilke flairing the lats out and I slightly arch part of my back and tilt my shoulders back a notch. My ab area just stretches out I dont really vacum it in at all.

kinda hard to explain without showing someone.

musclempire
06-27-2009, 05:46 PM
amazing how fast you have changed in only 5 years..most people dont understand when you tell then bodybuilding is the best medicine but this is another prime example..gluck bro u could def grow into the show starting in that kinda shape

latimus
07-09-2009, 03:22 AM
amazing how fast you have changed in only 5 years..most people dont understand when you tell then bodybuilding is the best medicine but this is another prime example..gluck bro u could def grow into the show starting in that kinda shape

yah most people dont even recognize me anymore if they havent seen me in last 3 years. I wouldnt exactly say bodybuilding is a good medicine, but I am better off then I was.

well its been a little over a couple weeks I am 224lbs now. just still eating about the same. no cardio. definetly feeling some of the normal effects of lower calories. Alot more soreness, dropped maybe a rep or so on some excersises. got a tad more vascular but not much change at all probably mostly water loss from the change in diet. Decided I am gonna go ahead and do a show 2 weeks before my other show as a warm up. I may even fully dial it in for the first one and then up my calories and fill out more for my second show.

Frosty
07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Everything is very impressive. Good job on gaining with "diet" foods! Much better way to gain I agree, and your results show it. I wouldn't even guess those skinny pics were you....great work.

the mighty stu
07-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah bro. Damn impressive so far out. Gonna be cool to watch you slowly dial it all in.

S

latimus
08-08-2009, 06:47 PM
here is any update. I am just under 220lbs now. 9 weeks out

GENESIS
08-08-2009, 06:55 PM
here is any update. I am just under 220lbs now. 9 weeks out

lookin good bro. watch the squat effect in the lat spread. makes it look a lil weird, but beyon that :yep:

AVBG
08-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Impressive on many levels.. condition, lifts, personal history ect.. I hope it all happens for you!

I'm gonna try the behind the back hack..what does it target - primarily?

Darnelle B
08-08-2009, 08:21 PM
How tall are you?

Frosty
08-08-2009, 08:36 PM
IMO avoid rounding your shoulders too far forward when you do a rear lat spread. It makes it look funny and you lose definition when you do it, and it doesn't really make your lats look any wider. You can check my profile pic to see what I mean.

For side tricep I'd bring your shoulder back more, chest out, and flex the abs while contracting the transverse abs to make your waist smaller.

You should come in great shape, though! Good luck!

latimus
08-22-2009, 01:21 AM
218 now just doing what I do. hopefully my striated glutes will be coming in shortly.

ThePoser
08-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Looking good!

The problem with your back poses is the position of your legs. Work on that.