PDA

View Full Version : Sore Sternum

lilfella
06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
My sternum has been sore lately. I have heard other people say this too, but never heard a good answer why. WTF?

Tatyana
06-25-2009, 04:10 PM
For how long?

There is a really odd inflammation of the sternum cartiledge.

check this out.

http://www.medicinenet.com/costochondritis_and_tietze_syndrome/article.htm

lilfella
06-25-2009, 04:24 PM
It has only been a couple of weeks. Oh great, after reading that I think I shouldn't have asked. lol

Jeepgcboy97
06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
It has only been a couple of weeks. Oh great, after reading that I think I shouldn't have asked. lol

are you sure it's your sternum? it can be an issue with your pectoralis major/minor because they do attach to the sternum..

my sternum cracks every now and when i stretch but I never felt pain before...

lilfella
06-25-2009, 04:59 PM
yeah feels like the bone is sore. It's not bad. Gonna ignore it.

ironwarrior22
06-25-2009, 05:14 PM
do you touch your sternum when you bench. if so is it hard? I used to have some issues and that was why.

lilfella
06-25-2009, 05:59 PM
do you touch your sternum when you bench. if so is it hard? I used to have some issues and that was why.
I never bounce the bar. I usually only incline and lower the bar more towards my neck.

Tatyana
06-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Are you new to lifting? Are you coming back from a break?

Have you started lifting more weight than usual?

It is most likely you have pulled intercostal muscles, however, you may want to get it checked.

lilfella
06-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Are you new to lifting? Are you coming back from a break?

Have you started lifting more weight than usual?

It is most likely you have pulled intercostal muscles, however, you may want to get it checked.
After meditating on it with some more info. I think it is from the incline db presses I have been doing lately. I am not new to lifting, but I have never used db's for incline until recently. I have been trying to get a good stretch at the bottom. This seems like the most probable reason, right?