PDA

View Full Version : From Figure to Fitness to BB to Power Lifting..

AmyLynn
06-25-2009, 04:26 PM
The journey begins! I have spent the last 9 months in off-season mode and I'm usually a little slow when it comes to switching into "diet mode" (I'm sure my boyfriend, Aaron Singerman would laugh and say that is an understatement!) Anyways, it's finally time to get started dieting and get on track.

I have competed for the last couple years in figure and usually come in around 110lbs on stage, I am 4'11". I won a few state shows but at the end of last year I became really burnt out training for Team Universe (and it showed) and then did the whole post-contest rebound thing and ended up hitting 150lbs in the middle of my off-season. I also had pancreatitis in October, I have no doubt that it was a result of all the junk I was eating. After looking at all the girls I wanted to look like and really thinking about my competition plans for 2009, I decided to switch to fitness and go back to doing gymnastics again. In the process of gaining muscle, I had a few good work outs and that was enough to motivate me to attempt bodybuilding and power lifting also---but not necessarily in that order. My off-season also ended up being longer than planned, so I feel comfortable competing in bodybuilding, at least at the state level.

September 2008: 110lbs 8-9% body fat

January 2009: 150lbs (probably 30% body fat if I had to be honest with myself, although I didn't dare check)

June 15, 2009: 139lbs and roughly 14-16% bodyfat. -- I don't think I look this lean yet, but I hold water like a sponge so it's hard for me to tell.

All excuses aside, I have been mentally "stuck" and need to get serious and be accountable. I'm going to post progress pictures and stats, and maybe a routine or liftin video here and there. My current personal records (keep in mind that I lift raw---no straps, no belt, nothing) are bench: 165 x 1, squat 265lbs x 1 and deadlift is 275lbs x 1. I have been working on my lifts for the past 2-3 months.

The first order of business is.....do a National Qualifer and qualify for fitness nationals. I want my routine to be the best it can be and hopefully maintain my strength. I'm shooting for Austin (Aug 1) or the Europa (Aug 15) and I will post my first progress pictures tomorrow. Here goes!

SallyAnne
06-25-2009, 04:29 PM
YAY!

...and it looks like you've added some mass. :)

MsGuns
06-25-2009, 04:29 PM
I didnt know Aaron's better half was on here...
Wow Interesting post...you go gurl.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
06-25-2009, 04:33 PM
What an interesting progression... :D

AmyLynn
06-25-2009, 04:34 PM
I didnt know Aaron's better half was on here...
Wow Interesting post...you go gurl.

I spend a great deal of time lurking now and then, lol. Aaron and I love working out together but having him train me just doesn't work so I'll stay accountable this way until a week or so before the show.

MsGuns
06-25-2009, 04:36 PM
I spend a great deal of time lurking now and then, lol. Aaron and I love working out together but having him train me just doesn't work so I'll stay accountable this way until a week or so before the show.

Sweet! Where do you train?

fitmomma3
06-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Can't wait to follow along! VERY NICE to see the overlapping of all divisions and ventures... when you love this lifestyle I can see it very easy to dabble in all, I think many of us are intrigued with other ventures but always cool to see when someone else actually progresses into them!

I think this statement I can relate to the most: "All excuses aside, I have been mentally "stuck" and need to get serious and be accountable". I am there! Any tips for what has helped you to pull out of this? I have NEVER in five years felt "stuck" but mentally somehow I got there... it's getting better but still not to the same old fierceness 100%... how did you dust off your shoes and just pick a show full force ahead?

AmyLynn
06-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Sweet! Where do you train?

I used to train at One 2 One on Kirby but now I go back and fourth between Bally's on Post Oak and The Downtown Club at the Met. Are you still training at One 2 One? I thought I saw you mention it somewhere before.

AmyLynn
06-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Can't wait to follow along! VERY NICE to see the overlapping of all divisions and ventures... when you love this lifestyle I can see it very easy to dabble in all, I think many of us are intrigued with other ventures but always cool to see when someone else actually progresses into them!

I think this statement I can relate to the most: "All excuses aside, I have been mentally "stuck" and need to get serious and be accountable". I am there! Any tips for what has helped you to pull out of this? I have NEVER in five years felt "stuck" but mentally somehow I got there... it's getting better but still not to the same old fierceness 100%... how did you dust off your shoes and just pick a show full force ahead?

I have yet to find an "easy" way...but if I do I'll let you know. My biggest challenge is that I'll diet for 2 weeks or so and then I start to get weaker or my energy goes down and I start eating more. I've finally realized (although it should have been obvious, lol) I'm going to have to just tackle one goal at a time and train accordingly.

Jodie
06-26-2009, 01:30 PM
I'll be following along Amy but may not always post. :)

Wendy
06-26-2009, 01:38 PM
[All excuses aside, I have been mentally "stuck" and need to get serious and be accountable. I'm going to post progress pictures and stats, and maybe a routine or liftin video here and there. My current personal records (keep in mind that I lift raw---no straps, no belt, nothing) are bench: 165 x 1, squat 265lbs x 1 and deadlift is 275lbs x 1. I have been working on my lifts for the past 2-3 months.

Those are some impressive lifts! I can't wait to see a lifting video!

MsGuns
06-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I used to train at One 2 One on Kirby but now I go back and fourth between Bally's on Post Oak and The Downtown Club at the Met. Are you still training at One 2 One? I thought I saw you mention it somewhere before.

yeah I use to...I left in Sept...

MsGuns
06-27-2009, 07:13 PM
See ya 2night Amy!

The Beast
06-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Powerlifting is VERY fun...it was a great addition for me in the off-season as I tend to get complacent without goals...

Good luck! It would be great to get more competitors who try different things!!

MsGuns
06-30-2009, 12:23 AM
It was great meeting you Saturday...
Where have you been?

Aaron Singerman
10-15-2009, 10:22 PM
We need to get Amy back on here... SO, I'm going to post some progress pics for her (2 weeks out... lost another 3.5lbs since):

Northman
10-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Aaron has a shorter gf then haha, finally found someone!

Looking great!

Aaron Singerman
10-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Aaron has a shorter gf then haha, finally found someone!

Looking great!

I likem short!

fitmomma3
10-16-2009, 12:07 AM
YEAH! I forgot about this thread I was very interested! Which show is she doing? She's competing in fitness right? Whats her height and weight in those pics?

MsGuns
10-16-2009, 12:09 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh I thought Amy was posting...Aaron is close enuff....
She's lookin great!

tight booty
10-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Amy looks Incredible!

Aaron Singerman
10-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm waiting for her to answer... I am planning on taking some more progress pics today.

jlgiller
10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Wow your looking great!

stephaniewicked
10-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Looking really awesome there, Amy! I'm pretty short also, so I can sympathize with weight gain of any kind... it has less distribution space, so wherever it settles, it always seems to look like more than whatever it is.

It looks like you had no problem adhering to a diet this time and I'm sure the results are more than going to pay off. Good luck!!!

Ibarramedia
10-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Way to go! Good luck in your bb and powerlifting.

Aaron Singerman
10-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Some pics from today:

AmyLynn
10-16-2009, 04:13 PM
YEAH! I forgot about this thread I was very interested! Which show is she doing? She's competing in fitness right? Whats her height and weight in those pics?

I'm doing the NPC Texas State show next Saturday, October 24th. I'll be competing in fitness! I'm 4'11 and as of today I weigh 124lbs. I was stuck at 131 till I finally started listening to Aaron. It's been a long tough road, but I think I'm ready. I went through my routine 4 times today without even the smallest mistake.

AmyLynn
10-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Looking really awesome there, Amy! I'm pretty short also, so I can sympathize with weight gain of any kind... it has less distribution space, so wherever it settles, it always seems to look like more than whatever it is.

It looks like you had no problem adhering to a diet this time and I'm sure the results are more than going to pay off. Good luck!!!

Thank you Stephanie! I'm going to try REALLY hard not to blow up during the off-season this year. I'm looking at this show as a warm-up for a national contest, so I better not get too out of shape.

About the diet... Earlier this year I had Aaron doing my diet, and I wasn't able to follow it. I guess it was just too difficult to live with my trainer. Because of the conflict that this caused Aaron was able to hook me up with a local girl, Carmen Chavez, to do my diet. Somehow I was able to follow that diet. As of a few weeks ago I felt sufficiently motivated to switch back to Aaron, and the fat has melted off. It hasn't been an easy process!

AmyLynn
10-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow your looking great!

Thanks Janean! Looking forward to meeting you at the Arnold!

AmyLynn
10-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Amy looks Incredible!

Thanks TB! Aaron tells me I'll be meeting you at the Arnold as well! Looking forward to it.

AmyLynn
10-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Me at 105 and with a lot less muscle:

Aaron Singerman
10-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I knew if I bugged her enough I could get her back on here... I always tell if she spends a few minutes on the board daily, she'd be hooked. Between weight training, 3 cardio sessions, practicing her routine, making competition suits, and training clients, she is low on time!

Aaron Singerman
10-16-2009, 04:46 PM

Big difference, right? I'd say 15-20lbs of new muscle.

partsRheavy
10-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Congrats!! You're mini-Diesel!!

I hope you're enjoying the strength + flexibility for fitness comp!! I enjoy reading about a fellow short gal's progress!

The lever arm advantage against those weights at 4'11" is to be admired! :p

MsGuns
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
I wont be there but I know you are going to ROCK it gurl!

sassy69
10-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Damn nice gains Amy! How exciting to have that breadth of activities & competitions! Good luck w/ your upcoming competition & I'll definitely be watching for results & pix!

tammyp
10-17-2009, 06:04 AM
im 5 ft, fellow shortie..and damn girl you got some good muscle!

musclemilf
10-17-2009, 12:53 PM
You shorties get all of the muscle :p Way better deadlift, squat and leg press ROM. I'm jealous, I can't get my long bird legs to grow.

PS: You've done a fabulous job!! Good luck with your BB/PL goals.

AmyLynn
10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Damn nice gains Amy! How exciting to have that breadth of activities & competitions! Good luck w/ your upcoming competition & I'll definitely be watching for results & pix!

Thank you for all the support! It really means a lot :-)

AmyLynn
10-19-2009, 10:29 AM
im 5 ft, fellow shortie..and damn girl you got some good muscle!

Thank you! I didn't realize you were 5'..what was your weight when you did n americans? Grented I'm no where near that lean, but you certainly don't look little in pics - in a good way!

AmyLynn
10-19-2009, 10:35 AM
***Contest Update***

As of Monday, Oct 19 I'm just 5 days out from the TX State Championships- Figure and Fitness this time out. I'm doing figure for the sole reason of wearing my 2-piece bikini at the evening show- I worked way too hard on that thing to only get to wear it at pre-judging, plus I'm very interested to see how the judges compare me to a bunch of state level npc figure girls.

I was sick yesterday with some kind of cold/flu thing but I'm about 85% today. Over the last week my weight has dropped from 128.6 down to 121.6lbs as of this morning. Physique-wise and routine-wise we're right on track. Just finishing up those last minute details.

The next stop is going to be Nationals to cheer on everyone and compete in figure or NPC Lackland to make my bodybuilding debut. I would feel downright honored to do bodybuilding at Nationals--but we're just not ready for that one yet (plus I'm not sure if I would need an additional qualification).

tight booty
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Stay a brunette Amy! You look so beautiful! :)

stephaniewicked
10-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Great improvements! Your hard work definitely shows... I think it's hard to listen to the advice of someone you're so close to sometimes. My bf and I argued about my diet constantly throughout my last prep, so I'm even more glad to have a coach going into my next season!

Hope you're feeling better today!

SallyAnne
10-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Some pics from today:

Bodybuilding! :D lol

Just sayin' - you should think about switching over. ;)

Aaron Singerman
10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Bodybuilding! :D lol

Just sayin' - you should think about switching over. ;)

Sally, my honest unbiased opinion is Amy will be a IFBB fitness pro by this time next year. She's been training 3-4 times a day, and it shows. Her routine is on the level of the ladies I saw compete at the Olympia, no shit.

If she does BBing she'd have to go against ladies like you and Tammy!

Here are some pics from today:

tammyp
10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
looking great girl! you will certainly do well in Florida!

NPCfigure
10-19-2009, 06:46 PM
First time writing in your journal, but I have been following along !

I just have to say...........WOW!!!!!!:yep:

Good luck to you!! I predict some hardware for you!! :)

Northman
10-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Most girls dream of getting abs that good! damn

SallyAnne
10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Sally, my honest unbiased opinion is Amy will be a IFBB fitness pro by this time next year. She's been training 3-4 times a day, and it shows. Her routine is on the level of the ladies I saw compete at the Olympia, no shit.

If she does BBing she'd have to go against ladies like you and Tammy!

Here are some pics from today:

I believe you. You can't blame a girl for trying to recruit, though. lol

Aaron Singerman
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM

I don't blame you at all! I'd like to see her do BBing... If she wasn't doing Nationals we would have had her do a local BBing show.

It looks like after Nationals she's going to be focusing on powerlifting. Then back to fitness to get that Pro card.

AmyLynn
10-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Stay a brunette Amy! You look so beautiful! :)

Lol...you're right on the money with that one. The blonde was a DISASTER (plus I had no clue whatsoever how do do my hair and make-up)---looking back it's kind of funny...kind of.

AmyLynn
10-20-2009, 02:02 PM
First time writing in your journal, but I have been following along !

I just have to say...........WOW!!!!!!:yep:

Good luck to you!! I predict some hardware for you!! :)

Thank you! I'm going to do my best this weekend and then just try to make it even better for Ft Lauderdale - Are you going to be at Nationals?

AmyLynn
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM

We'll see how fitness goes....If next year isn't everything I'm hoping for, I have no doubt I'll end up on a bodybuilding stage. How is your prep going?

NPCfigure
10-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Thank you! I'm going to do my best this weekend and then just try to make it even better for Ft Lauderdale - Are you going to be at Nationals?

No :( I love Fla too!!! I will be checking on you, and PJ, and all the RX members from NY..............Can't wait to see pictures so I can see your suit :)

NPCfigure
10-20-2009, 04:52 PM
You shorties get all of the muscle :p Way better deadlift, squat and leg press ROM. I'm jealous, I can't get my long bird legs to grow.

PS: You've done a fabulous job!! Good luck with your BB/PL goals.

I'm you on on the shorties :) So hard to fill out being tall!

Aaron Singerman
10-21-2009, 01:07 AM
121lbs this morning... Doing a light carb deplete till Thursday... Then a light carb load up to Saturday.

Jodie
10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Good Luck this weekend Amy!

I'll see ya in Ft. Lauderdale. :)

sexydoc
10-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey Amy Good Luck!!
YOu look AMAZING!
I ve never been to one of these compeitions. It is only a dream right now lol.
have fun!

big nut
10-21-2009, 10:00 PM
WOW! u l;ook great! aaron directed me to this link. You'll knock em dead!
i remember seeing your avatar like a year ago, but don't remember seeing it lately. Keep up the great work!

big nut
10-21-2009, 10:23 PM
whoops...i mean i remember seeing your avatar previously on some other sites forums :)

J_Lynne
10-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Good luck Amy!

Your abs look FANTASTIC!

big nut
10-21-2009, 11:54 PM
did amy continue the dnp? i would like to come in much harder next competition, and i don't respond well to caffeine stimulant based supplements.

Aaron Singerman
10-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Carb load- Day 1 (119.6lbs)

Aaron Singerman
10-22-2009, 11:36 PM
A few more...

Aaron Singerman
10-24-2009, 01:18 PM
did amy continue the dnp? i would like to come in much harder next competition, and i don't respond well to caffeine stimulant based supplements.

All goes back to diet...diet rules all, every single time. I keep trying to find a way around that one because I used to LOVE junk food, but I'm getting over the emotional-eating. It's easier to stay motivated to stay lean now that I'm doing fitness because throwing around any more weight practicing my routine doesn't sound fun.

Aaron Singerman
10-24-2009, 01:19 PM
All goes back to diet...diet rules all, every single time. I keep trying to find a way around that one because I used to LOVE junk food, but I'm getting over the emotional-eating. It's easier to stay motivated to stay lean now that I'm doing fitness because throwing around any more weight practicing my routine doesn't sound fun.

(That was from Amy..)

MsGuns
10-24-2009, 01:19 PM
ROCK the STAGE Amy!

Aaron Singerman
10-25-2009, 02:58 AM
I'll let Amy give the full update... BUT she did win fitness:

AllieCos
10-25-2009, 07:04 AM
CONGRATS Amy! Give us the full update!!!!

GirlyMuscle
10-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Congrats Amy!!!!

stephaniewicked
10-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Congratulations, girl!!!

fitmomma3
10-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Thats AWESOME!! Can't wait to hear all the details!!

partsRheavy
10-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Congrats once again!! I'll bet you're enjoying some downtime!

MsGuns
10-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Amy, I just heard some news! Are you going to post it?

Aaron Singerman
11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I'll send Amy to update this thread... Until then here are some pics:

AmyLynn
11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Thank you to everyone for all of the support!!!!

Here is my ridiculously belated update:

I won fitness :-)
5th in figure----I was too muscular and too lean- go figure!

Next stop: 2009 NPC NATIONALS to make my bodybuilding debut in the lightweight class. I wish I was taking a break but I am hoping it will be worth the work. Here are some pictures from the Texas State--also, the suit is available and for sale.

SallyAnne
11-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Pictures? lol

Hey, Amy. It will be nice to finally meet you in FL. I think you're going to do well in the LW class.

Aaron Singerman
11-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Thank you to everyone for all of the support!!!!

Here is my ridiculously belated update:

I won fitness :-)
5th in figure----I was too muscular and too lean- go figure!

Next stop: 2009 NPC NATIONALS to make my bodybuilding debut in the lightweight class. I wish I was taking a break but I am hoping it will be worth the work. Here are some pictures from the Texas State--also, the suit is available and for sale.

I don't see any pictures, Amy....

BUT here are some pictures from Amy's shoot with Dan Ray:

AmyLynn wearing homemade RxMuscle bikini!! - RX Muscle Forums

AmyLynn
11-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Progress report:

My weight is down. I should have no problem getting below 115. I'm way past my condition from the NPC Texas, and my legs are getting more separated by the day! There is no junk in my trunk! LOL!

Looking forward to meeting everyone in 1 week!

AmyLynn
11-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Here are some pictures from the TX State....5 days until Nationals. I'm expecting to be about 5lbs leaner and I'm already lighter than I ever was for fitness.

NPCfigure
11-16-2009, 04:06 PM
You look Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that the suit you made??? If it is...it is beautiful! I love the color (and the color on you) and the bead work! Good luck this week!

Northman
11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Damn, I'm jealous. I wish my girl was into some type of fitness...

Aaron Singerman
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Pictures from today:

SallyAnne
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Amy is awesome! Very no-bullshit attitude and a hot little thing. I'll see ya'll this evening. Hope the photo shoot went well... :wavey:

partsRheavy
11-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Rockin' and ready!!!! :yep:

Dang Trainer-Aaron you're rough!!!! Be sure and take her out for a treat after the show!!!!! :yep:

Aaron Singerman
12-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Ok, just now got the DVD for the NPC Texas State show... Amy won fitness there. Here is her routine: (forward through the first girl)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DmdaYpGI6T8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DmdaYpGI6T8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pillowtalk
12-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Very Cool, Amy! I just now caught up in here. Congrats on your success from one 4'11" shortie to another! Great to see someone my size. What's next for you?

Aaron Singerman
12-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Amy is out of town visiting her folks... So I'll answer for her:
She is planning on doing the Arnold Am. Fitness in March, then get her pro card at Hr. Nationals in July!

Ibarramedia
12-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Looking good Amy.

Aaron Singerman
02-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Photo shoot with Dan Ray: