PDA

View Full Version : Justine's Training Journal

JustineFit
06-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Ok, so today is Day One of my training journal! I'm excited about this because while I'm very active on a lot of different social media sites I'm always posting an abbreviated version of how I'm feeling that day and what I'm really going through. I've always felt it was extremely important for me to post from my heart... Not just find random motivational quotes or pictures... But instead post based on what is really going on in my life at that time.

This training journal will be a little bit more in depth about the struggles and triumphs of my life as a competitor. :-)

So today I am just under 2 weeks out from competing in my 3rd National show of the season: Team Universe. EVERY show is important to me, but this one feels ESPECIALLY important to me because it is the National show that is my HOME show- presented by the gym I train at, Bev Francis Powerhouse. My contest prep this season has been my most challenging prep yet. I took 3 months off over the winter and worked hard to add muscle to my frame, but looking back I also feel that I went a little too far into the "off season" mode and got more out of shape than I should have. Honestly this has been a struggle for me for years, since I began competing. I'm a very all-or-nothing type person and I can be GREAT during contest prep-- SO dedicated-- you can't tempt me with a BITE off my plan. But I can also fall really OFF track if I am not careful. I am not naturally thin or naturally lean- growing up I was a fat kid and my body finds it's comfort zone right around 140 lbs and 26-27% body fat. This is where my body likes to be, but is NOT where I want to be... When I compete I am around 113-116 lbs on stage and 13-15% body fat... But I have to work very hard and diligently to stage near contest shape.

My last competition was Jr Nationals last weekend in Chicago. Four weeks before that I had competed at Jr USA's and got last callouts there and did not place, so I wanted to improve and told myself realistically my goal was to make the Top 10 in Chicago. I did so, and placed 9th in Bikini D Class. My goal for Team Universe is to continue to improve and hopefully (*fingers crossed*) take one of the top 2 spots to earn my IFBB Pro Card. I got feedback from the judges and my coaches after the last show and went RIGHT back into my diet and training this past Monday- hitting it harder than ever before! I told myself it's 19 days to give EVERYTHING I've got... Yes, I was already pushing hard, but I knew I could dig a little deeper and find a way to push even HARDER and so far I have done that in this past week of training. That being said tomorrow is my rest day and I am truly looking forward to that!!! I feel I've really EARNED it, and after tomorrow I will not have another rest day until the show so I will definitely soak it up tomorrow!

Til next time... XOXO

The Prodigy
06-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome to RX Girl! I moved your training journal to the correct location! Post some pics! Can't wait to follow your progress!

nic902
06-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey girl, welcome to RXGirl! There are quite a few of us taking the stage at Team U :) I'm from PA, so this is my 'local' national show as well!

JustineFit
06-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you Gail! You are awesome :-)

JustineFit
06-24-2013, 07:04 PM
That's awesome and thank you for the welcome wishes! I am looking forward to meeting you next weekend!

JustineFit
06-24-2013, 07:16 PM
So I caught up on some much-needed SLEEP over the weekend and I had a strong start to the week!!! I sent my progress pictures to my coach and she wants me to increase my cardio sessions a bit this week-- anyone who knows me knows I HATE my cardio but I have realized my body looks best when I am eating more and doing a lot of intense cardio for conditioning. I don't respond well to low carbs... So I get to keep my carbs (and even some fruit) all the way up to competition day, but HAVE to kill it on my cardio to bring my body fat down.

My goal for Team U is to come in tighter and leaner than Jr Nats. Below are progress pics of Jr. USA's (May 18th, 2013- black suit) versus Jr Nats (June 14-15th- blue suit). I see major improvements between the two shows (4 weeks apart) but I know I can be even better-- I had 3 weeks to put in work between Jr. Nats and Team U, so I am killing it right now, hoping to feel 100% on that stage July 5-6th!!!

I worked hard to add muscle to my frame over the offseason, but I also let myself get a little too far from my stage weight during that time. I definitely have learned my lesson, as it is taking me MUCH longer to come down in weight and body fat compared to my contest preps in the past. After Team U I plan on taking a very short break from competing, but will stay about 5-8 lbs of contest weight- no more!!! I LOVE being in shape and believe it is WORTH staying focused and disciplined year-round.

nic902
06-24-2013, 09:48 PM
I am with you on the cardio, girl! YUCK!!!!! I'm doing what needs to be done, but no doubt I'd prefer if it didn't include cardio LOL!

Andrealyn75
06-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi Justine, good luck in your show, I'm sure you'll do fantastic.
:diva:

The Prodigy
06-26-2013, 03:43 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/athlete-profiles/8578-spotlight-on-npc-bikini-competitor-justine-moore.html

JustineFit
06-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Thank you SO much!!! I feel very honored to be featured on the site!!! XOXO

JustineFit
06-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Thank you so much girl! When are you competing next?

The Prodigy
06-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Thank you so much girl! When are you competing next?

Who me???? When Dave Palumbo lets me....which equals...NEVER!

I am a TOTALLY different person now that I have "healed" my mind of competing. I have a new love for life, the gym, a better relationship with food and I am easier to be around...

I am blessed to be able to stay involved in the industry doing what I do best...helping, teaching and promoting others.....RX Girl is my passion....

But I can't say I will NEVER have a pro debut ever.....lol...

JustineFit
06-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Who me???? When Dave Palumbo lets me....which equals...NEVER!

I am a TOTALLY different person now that I have "healed" my mind of competing. I have a new love for life, the gym, a better relationship with food and I am easier to be around...

I am blessed to be able to stay involved in the industry doing what I do best...helping, teaching and promoting others.....RX Girl is my passion....

But I can't say I will NEVER have a pro debut ever.....lol...

That is great, Gail... As long as you are happy and healthy that is most important!!! My goal in the industry is the same... To earn my Pro Card, but then long term to work in fitness through other projects, and help others. I find myself feeling my happiest and most satisfied when I am helping others through fitness. I love competing but it's very consuming, so it's nice to have other opportunities outside of that.

Will I be seeing you at Team U next weekend?

JustineFit
06-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Alright, I am now just 6 days out from Team U... Really can't believe it! I remember Team U of 2012 like it was last week... I LOVED that show. One of my favorite shows ever... The venue is so nice and it is a great feeling to compete at nationals but have that feeling of being on my "home turf" !! Also major BONUS-- I am driving NOT flying to this one so that means NO restrictions on packing and NO water retention from the flight- yippeee!!!

This week has been extremely difficult for me... I have faced new challenges that I have never encountered to this degree during prep. I have been feeling really great for the most part through my first 18 weeks of this prep... This was week 19 and all the sudden my body seems to be begging for a break. I am trying to listen to my body and rest when I NEED to but it is a difficult decision to make as an athlete. I am a HUGE believer in the power of your mind and thoughts... And 90% of the time I believe in mind over body... But this week it was no longer about mind over body... the way I felt some days I knew that pushing through would only be detrimental and my body was sending me a message: REST! It has been frustrating and disappointing though to not be able to finish up my final weeks of training as planned, but I made some adjustments to my diet with my coach's help and I and making sure I get PLENTY of sleep and put my feet up when I can. I am taking a step back from my normal work load this next week and trying to just stay very relaxed. Also I increased some of my vitamins and my Glutamine and BCAA's for extra support for recovery. I become hypoglycemic towards the end of prep so I have been carefully monitoring my blood sugar levels to make sure they are not dropping too low, and if they are I try to bring it up with a little added fruit intake.

I am staying in a positive mindset, knowing that I have put in months and months of hard work that laid the foundation. The GOOD news is I think this is the BEST I've ever looked a week out from a show... So this final week is really about doing what I can, making the most of each day, getting that blood flow and circulation to the muscles, lots of posing and lots of rest!! I know I can and will get through this and come out stronger than ever!

nic902
06-29-2013, 11:08 PM
You are a very smart woman for really stepping back and listening to your body. One of the hardest things to do IMO is knowing when to push through it and man up, or step back and relax. You definitely have a great mindset. The work is done, let yourself coast on in and do your thing!

IslandGirl
07-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi Justine! Welcome to Rx Muscle! Best of luck at Team U! You look amazing!

JustineFit
07-17-2013, 08:30 PM
You are a very smart woman for really stepping back and listening to your body. One of the hardest things to do IMO is knowing when to push through it and man up, or step back and relax. You definitely have a great mindset. The work is done, let yourself coast on in and do your thing!

Thank you so much! Sorry for the delay... I haven't logged on here in a bit. But I really appreciate your support and advice! :-)

JustineFit
07-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi Justine! Welcome to Rx Muscle! Best of luck at Team U! You look amazing!

Thank you so much!!! <3