PDA

View Full Version : Training frequency

Envirolover
06-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Been doing the traditional once a week per body part routine. I was curious to see what everyone else does. Some say the once a week is outdated? Thoughts? Opinions?

ironwarrior22
06-26-2009, 02:34 AM
twice every 8 days 4 of the 8 training days

Foreskin
06-26-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't know, guess it depends on your goals, seems most that are into physique enhancement do fine with hitting each bodypart once a week with some volume, strenth guys and sport athletes do well with more frequency, less volume, both are intense. upper/lower split using dual factor hypertrophy training might be a reasonable approach for someone looking for the best of both worlds

elite_lifter
06-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Each bodypart once per week.

Ronnie Rowland
06-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Been doing the traditional once a week per body part routine. I was curious to see what everyone else does. Some say the once a week is outdated? Thoughts? Opinions?Honestly, you'll have to find out for yourself. My suggestion to you is try Slingshot Training at the top of the page. It allows you to train each muscle both once a week and twice a week if desired. But, you can indefintely train each muscle once a week or twice a week as well.

Personally, I do best with once a week but after 3 months I will sometimes change over to training each muscle twice a week for around 8 weeks to change things up. I don't neccesarily increase the total volume because it can cause over-training for me. The change always helps prevent boredom and that's half the battle with training.;)

ANADROLicfreak
06-28-2009, 07:11 PM
once a week for me.except for legs every five days.

anthony1992
07-08-2009, 08:06 PM
lagging bodyparts every 4-5 days and other bodyparts 7-9 days

Mudpro69
07-08-2009, 08:08 PM
One bodypart per week for me....

Mr. Hyde
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
As long as your progressing in weights it doesnt matter. Ive had my best gains on 2x a week. People go totally overboard with the fear of overtraining its kind of silly. Look a sprinters and gymnists for example, they train everyday most likely 2x a day and the muscle they use are extremly well defined. Tell me if you ever seen a sprinter with small quads or someone who does the pumble horse with small arms/upper body, not gonna happen.

mr intensity
07-09-2009, 10:41 AM
monday... chest sholders triceps
wed...legs
friday....back rear delts traps biceps.......i practice very high intensity so i need a lot of cns recovery....

Tate
07-09-2009, 10:41 AM
lagging bodyparts every 4-5 days and other bodyparts 7-9 days
So you do full body workouts every 4 -5 days??