PDA

View Full Version : The Phenom, The American Badass...

~gymdiva~
02-17-2009, 02:10 AM
the Deadman...call him what you want...it can only refer to one man:

THE UNDERTAKER

~gymdiva~
02-17-2009, 02:11 AM
and speaking of his streak, here's a nice little compilation of them:

jhod7YfwZQA

~gymdiva~
02-17-2009, 02:13 AM
but let's take it back a few years (ok, actually getting close to 20 now:eek:) to his debut at Survivor Series...accompanied by his first manager, Brother Love...

OLQty0bFmFY

~gymdiva~
02-17-2009, 02:18 AM
out of any WWE star, most would agree that UT's entrances are among the best, if not the best...especially at WrestleMania...this clip is my alltime favorite entrance...I was watching this in Chapel Hill with friends and one of my friends was totally spooked out by him...hahahaha...I had total chill bumps from it!!! :D

Lhgk-__4Fac

~gymdiva~
02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
and I know some watch that previous entrance and it seems old hat but remember, at the time he had been coming out The American Badass...we had not seen his true Undertaker gimmick in a while...that being said, here's my other favorite entrance by him courtesy of WM 19 and Limp Bizkit (oh and just let it DL and then FWD to about the 3min part for the good stuff):

DxqXT4Ce2Vo

buckimscl
04-27-2009, 05:16 AM
I remember when he started wrestling in NWA. He teamed with Sid Vicious as the Twin Towers. He went by Mean Mark Callas

jtexas
04-27-2009, 04:23 PM
ah yes....i remember his debut! i used to love watching the brother love segments (no pun intended). 'I loooove yew!'

danger
05-03-2009, 02:34 AM
thats when i loved the WWF!

dublin-lifter
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
undertaker is a legend my favourite of all time by miles

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Since Wrestlemania is coming up shortly and noone has kicked more ass at wrestlemania than the phenom, I thought I'd make a thread to share our favorite Undertaker moments (they don't have to be from WM!)

I'll start

YouTube- The Undertaker vs Mankind - Hell In A Cell, 1998 Part 1

YouTube- Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell (Parte 2)

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
YouTube- The Undertaker VS Triple H part 1

YouTube- Undertaker vs Triple H 2/3

YouTube- Undertaker vs Triple H 3/3

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 05:49 PM
YouTube- Undertaker Returns At Judgement Day 2000

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Best entrance ever!

YouTube- Wrestlemania XX Undertaker Entrance

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Although he loses to Austin in this one, the Buried Alive Match was one of my favorite gimmicks of all time. One of the many WWF gimmicks that wouldnt have existed w/o the deadman

YouTube- Stone Cold Vs Undertaker 1/3 Buried Alive Match

YouTube- Stone Cold Vs Undertaker 2/3 Buried Alive Match

YouTube- Stone Cold Vs Undertaker 3/3 Buried Alive Match

~gymdiva~
03-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I had started an Undertaker thread a little while back so I just merged the two....carry on! :)

Tu Holmes
03-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Not a fan for some reason... He has like 3 moves and that bugs the shit out of me... His best matches were great because of who he wrestled, not necessarily his own skill.

That's just my opinion though... Lots of people disagree.

Go HBK!!!!

VVyJSiiyTs0

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I had started an Undertaker thread a little while back so I just merged the two....carry on! :)

Lol my bad. You can delete that post that's a repeat of his WM XX entrance then. I only searched down the first page

~gymdiva~
03-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm a pyro so I've always been a fan ;)

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Not a fan for some reason... He has like 3 moves and that bugs the shit out of me... His best matches were great because of who he wrestled, not necessarily his own skill.

That's just my opinion though... Lots of people disagree.

Go HBK!!!!

There are a ton of guys I could name off the top of my head who are better technical wrestlers than him. I'd still say he's in the upper echelon of the past 2 decades. But the nature of his character, age, and of course best ever entrances more than make up for that IMO.

Edit: Not to mention, he almost single-handidly changed the very meaning of the word "specialty match" with so many matches being made revolving around his character, hell in a cell, burried alive, casket match, hearse match, etc...

~gymdiva~
03-05-2010, 10:31 PM
yeah it truly was his character that did it for me....there's probably not a wrestler out there that wouldn't want to come in with his kickass entrances, especially some of the WM over-the-top ones....I guess you can leave the last ppv out of that though :o

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 10:36 PM
....I guess you can leave the last ppv out of that though :o

He barely even flinched, shaked it off and started walking towards the ring in his usual stride. Talk about badass. There's not one person here whod f*** with the guy in real life, even if he doesn't have the technical background of a Kurt Angle.

If that had happened to anyone else, except maybe Mick Foley, he woulda been screaming like a little girl lol

HammerStrength12
03-11-2010, 12:57 PM
YouTube- Kurt angle vs the undertaker no way out 2006

~gymdiva~
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
man I miss seeing that Kurt Angle....amongst others....

btw, I was discussing the upcoming WM and no lie, I think I'll cry if his streak is broken! HAHAHAHA I am such a dork! but it's kind of like finding out santa doesn't exist....that little kid in me will be so disappointed....

~gymdiva~
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
then again HBK is my boy so if he's "retired" I know that will not sit well with me either! but I guess in his case no wrestling star ever stays retired so we all know that would so not be the end for him....

exit2010
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
met him at a strip club in cleveland, ohio when he was still going by the name of Mean Mark. long before the whole Brother Love thing. Huge guy and laid back. type of guy you are happy to see make it.

HammerStrength12
03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Loved Kurt Angle in the WWE. Such a good technical wrestler, not to mention his character was friggin epic. Always taunting the fans, the whole three "I s" thing, the Kurt Angle invitational, etc.. One of my favorite bad guys ever. It's a shame Vince wouldn't let him wrestle around his injuries cuz his new TNA character doesn't compare to the old Kurt.

I'll be extremely upset if the streak ends too. Shawn's the man, but not worthy of ending Taker's streak especially after losing last year. Only way I'd even remotely hope to see him lose at wrestlemania would be if The Rock, Austin or Bill Goldberg came out of retirement, but that'd never happen

HammerStrength12
03-23-2010, 02:19 PM
In 1997, the undertaker's "brother" Kane was introduced to the world. The two were involved in a number of epic feuds and alliances. One of my favorite matches was the first showdown of the brothers in Boston at Wrestlemania 14. This match featured a comical tombstone of baseball great Pete Rose by Kane (Rose would also come back the next year at WM in Philly dressed up as the famous "Chicken" mascot, only to get tombstoned by Kane again!). The two battled it out at Wrestlemania 20 at the garden after the undertaker was again "burried" by Kane in a match against Vince Mcmahon.

Anyway, here're the intros. Still need to find the rest of the match (I think it's safe to say everyone knows who wins!)

rpkqQg6lAVc

~gymdiva~
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Loved Kurt Angle in the WWE. Such a good technical wrestler, not to mention his character was friggin epic. Always taunting the fans, the whole three "I s" thing, the Kurt Angle invitational, etc.. One of my favorite bad guys ever. It's a shame Vince wouldn't let him wrestle around his injuries cuz his new TNA character doesn't compare to the old Kurt.

I'll be extremely upset if the streak ends too. Shawn's the man, but not worthy of ending Taker's streak especially after losing last year. Only way I'd even remotely hope to see him lose at wrestlemania would be if The Rock, Austin or Bill Goldberg came out of retirement, but that'd never happen

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! you would be ok with his streak ending to him?????? :hypno:

~gymdiva~
03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
oh but your comments about Angle? in total agreement!

HammerStrength12
03-23-2010, 04:42 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?!?! you would be ok with his streak ending to him?????? :hypno:

I'm not really ok with his streak ending at all, but if I had to pick someone I'd be ok with him losing to, Goldberg would be one choice. The way he dominated HHH, Batista, Brock Lesnar, Orton(just to name a few) in his brief WWE stint would make it believable.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-23-2010, 05:01 PM
I do not see it happening. If they have not had him lose all these years, why would they start now?

HammerStrength12
03-23-2010, 05:04 PM
I do not see it happening. If they have not had him lose all these years, why would they start now?

I really hope not, but they way they've been building up the story makes me believe that they might actually give the win to Shawn :dunno:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Shawn has expressed interest in wanting to step out of the ring though, right? This is probably his last hurrah.

HammerStrength12
03-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Shawn has expressed interest in wanting to step out of the ring though, right? This is probably his last hurrah.

True, but Taker's body is WAY more fucked up than Shawn. The amount of injuries that guy's sustained, it's amazing that he's even able to walk let along wrestle part time. Granted, Taker doesn't have to retire if he loses, but given the way the story line's been, I could see Shawn winning this one

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Me personally, I would like to see them give it to Shawn.

~gymdiva~
03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this...................

but I want HBK to lose.........

OMG I said it! ME....the going on 21yr fan of HBK (yeah yeah, do the math...I'm old!)

I don't know....I just don't like to see things messed with that don't need to be messed with when it comes to wrestling....this streak being one of them....why not let him keep it in tact and retire 18-0? as mentioned earlier it's just a matter of time unfortunately....although I could see UT being used as an AWESOME distraction from time to time....show up, scare the shit out of someone, choke slam, disappear....

dream role? have him come back about 2-3 years from now all rehabbed up from his injuries in great shape and in his biker persona....but as a RAW GM....usher in the attitude-esque era again....we're talking a few years from now....it could happen ;)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-23-2010, 11:16 PM
What a nice dream. It would be great to see.

HammerStrength12
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
The only tag team buried alive match in WWF history. This match took place on Smackdown, and was the only buried alive match ever at a non-pay per view event. Undertaker and Big Show vs. Mankind and The Rock

YouTube- Unholy Alliance vs Rock n' Sock(Buried Alive Tag Team title Match)1/2

~gymdiva~
06-30-2010, 08:53 AM
ahhh bummer:

by Nick Paglino
Jun 29, 2010

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE stars Michelle McCool and The Undertaker were married this past weekend. As previously reported here on the site, the two had been dating for several years.

HammerStrength12
06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
I must be really out of it cuz I never knew he divorced Sara...

Must have been painful to get that tat removed off his neck!

~gymdiva~
06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
yeah they've been apart for a hot minute....which is just one more sign that I keep up with gossip boards too much ;)