PDA

View Full Version : Shaq needs a superstar player on his side to win championships

GottaGetLean
06-27-2009, 12:24 AM
all this talk about how kobe needs shaq but it seems to be the other way around.. shaq going to the cavs will only slow the cavs down just like it did the suns and look where they went... didnt even make the playoffs and this is the player ppl claim carried kobe bryant to 3 rings?? fact is shaq needed d-wade to win a championship and needed kobe to win a championship and now hes tryin to ride lebrons nuts to get another 1... but the sad thing is shaq is way to old and is only going to hurt that team more then help.. shaq is garbage end of story!:popcorn:

Goodfellas
06-27-2009, 05:19 AM
I thought he had a good year. Played in 75 games. Put up good numbers. The Suns turned on Terry Porter so that did not help. Nash is getting old and Amare was out. If thye were in the East they would have made the playoffs.

bringingthehuge
06-27-2009, 09:03 AM
I think in Shaq's four championships the other players needed him alot more then he needed them. But in this stage of his career he definitely needs another superstar to win.

chitownmscle
06-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I think in Shaq's four championships the other players needed him alot more then he needed them. But in this stage of his career he definitely needs another superstar to win.

Agreed, back when he won with LA he was still the most dominant player to ever play the game, not the greatest ever but yest most dominant,
In Miami yes D-Wade helped and not taking anything away from my boy from Robbins but he was still coming into his own and was fortunate to have Shaq there for a security blanket.

Now at this point in his career while still a force, he is not nearly as dominating as he once was but ask yourself this, if teams double LeBron guess who is going to be down low to clean up any miss LeBron puts up, Are you going to move Shaq out the box?

GottaGetLean
06-28-2009, 05:01 PM
shaq is no longer a threat and yes he put up better stats, such as freethrow% but still if u cant make the playoffs with a great point guard like nash it says a lot.. kobe and wade carried shaq thru the finals... especially wade when he won with shaq it was definatly more wade then shaq doing work..

Goodfellas
06-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Nash is a shell of his mvp days.