PDA

View Full Version : PBW discussed Dave's diet

zachdg
02-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Listen to Dan and Bob sounding like complete jackasses discussing the facets of Daves diet. Honestly, i was furious listening to this simply because of the ignorance and bias. Dave needs to bitchslap some knowledge into these assholes! Discussion begins about halfway through

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/player.htm

zachdg
02-17-2009, 12:50 AM
my mistake, its Larry Pepe, the supposed "guru" discussing the unhealthiness, ineffectiveness, and "extreme" nature of the ketogenic diet. This is all coming from the same guy who on the webcast during the Olympia finals said that Jay Cutler replicated his condition from '01....

With all the shit thats happened in the last 2 weeks, little things like this that show the pure ignorance, bias, and politics involved in the sport make my fucking head throb!

Fozan
02-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Just listen to there show they think that going to low on carbs is not a good idea , and this diet is only good for people that are carb sensitive .

I think that Dave's diet is perfect for everyone .

proof :

1- Dave is shredded all year long loool .
2- People that he worked with are in the best shape of there lifes
3- I'm on the diet and i feel great , and people think that i'm on GH loool .

and if the diet is not working for some people it's becouse :
there not eating enough EFA and or eating to much carbs that keeps them out of ketosis .

Daniel Minarsky
02-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Bob completely neglected the fact that brain will switch from carbs to fats when saying that you will walk around like dumb stooge because brain will have no fuel.

The impression I got from the show is that Dave's diet will work for a limited number of people while carb diets works for everybody...

Fozan
02-17-2009, 03:38 AM
'' walk around like dumb stooge ''

loooooooooooooooool

that's a good one

A-Maxx
02-17-2009, 03:42 AM
im sick and tired of people bashin Dave's diet...

Ive havent tried it...but based on being neutral and seeing how dave and every single one of his clients look...I personally do not believe they are all carb sensitive...I believe that his diet worx if you follow it to a T

STEELERJ-XL
02-17-2009, 03:47 AM
I love this diet. Iv tried everything to lose weight ( Even being drunk all the time so I wouldn't eat ). Daves diet makes me feel energetic, I dont get so hungry that I get nausea, AND I BURN MY FAT FOR FUEL. It Works For Me.

Leigh Carmichael
02-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Bob Cicherillo has absolutely zero knowledge about diet and nutrition.

He stated he wasn;t quite sure of the specifics of this "keto" diet. Then he goes on to say it's best not to do anything in extreems.

He simply neglected the fact that athletes derive their energy from fats. Talking about how he always did low carb diets, but he never mentioned anything about fat consumption.

Had no idea that the brain can also utilize ketones to function. He made a statement that the brain needed a certain amount of glucose to power it.

I mean seriously if you are going to have a discussion on diet and nutrition at least read up on the subject.

What a joke. That seriously pissed me of.

Wiry Pyruvity
02-17-2009, 05:07 AM
'' walk around like dumb stooge ''

loooooooooooooooool

that's a good one

he's right if there isn't fuel...as in proper ketosis...bob seemed rather dismissive...what are his particular credentials with regard to nutrition..is he a brologician?

Fozan
02-17-2009, 05:12 AM
there is an unlimited source of fuel in the shape of fats

Wiry Pyruvity
02-17-2009, 05:13 AM
there is an unlimited source of fuel in the shape of fats

you don't say?

LANCE SPENCER
02-17-2009, 05:34 AM
i say to talk about something u have to try it,bob was not known for hes condition anyway,hes last prep he was on way to many carbs...

dirty p
02-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Some people should try it before bashing it.
It wont work great for everyone but it does work.

some can get ripped with carbs others cant, if you cant then give dave diet a bash

Steve56
02-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Just listen to there show they think that going to low on carbs is not a good idea , and this diet is only good for people that are carb sensitive .

I think that Dave's diet is perfect for everyone .

proof :

1- Dave is shredded all year long loool .
2- People that he worked with are in the best shape of there lifes
3- I'm on the diet and i feel great , and people think that i'm on GH loool .

and if the diet is not working for some people it's becouse :
there not eating enough EFA and or eating to much carbs that keeps them out of ketosis .

Are you using the diet for contest prep or to just lean out? Because it looks like its definitly working for you judging by your avatar pic...Ripped!

gman
02-17-2009, 09:51 AM
If it didn't work, wouldn't all of us on it be dead by now?

I know it all comes down to calories in < calories out, but no other diet I have tried takes my constant, gnawing, ominpresent, 24/7, insatiable hunger away like Dave's diet.

Makes it much easier not to cheat.

Marijan Lipsinic
02-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Dave's diet took me to the next level as a competitor. It looks like, in today's bodybuilding world there is still a misconception in regards of carbs and EFA.
Dave's diet works perfect for the ones that follow it correctly.

THUNDERGOD
02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Dave's diet took me to the next level as a competitor. It looks like, in today's bodybuilding world there is still a misconception in regards of carbs and EFA.
Dave's diet works perfect for the ones that follow it correctly.

You are absolutely correct!!

MikeS
02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
The thing is there is NO one way for everyone. You keto groupies seem to forget that. What works for one may or may not work for another. Some people love keto-diets and some love carbs. I've done both, both work for me, I would suggest both to clients, however I prefer and feel better on carbs and also look better on carbs.

I think Bob & Dan have that old school mentality where you eat carbs, low fat and med-high protein.

Nothing wrong with either approach, its personal preference in my opinion.

gman
02-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Yes, but we don't say the other way is a crock of shit, like the keto bashers do.

Fozan
02-17-2009, 11:01 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/503/medium/13052008092.jpg

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/503/medium/13052008083.jpg

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/503/medium/13052008088.jpg

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/503/medium/13052008095.jpg

Dave is the King loooooooooooooooool

Diggy
02-17-2009, 11:27 AM

you look awesome. Good job

MikeS
02-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Yes, but we don't say the other way is a crock of shit, like the keto bashers do.

I dont think thats what people say and maybe they just get crazy coz you lot are always talking about diabities etc

The truth is for some people it will be a crock of shit, some dont fare well without carbs likewise eating carbs fucks some people up.

If your intelligent enough to appreciate that both approaches work, then let them have their say and move on ;)

MikeS
02-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Diggy you look GREAT but I dont think Dave is getting crowned any time soon LOL

Steve56
02-17-2009, 11:40 AM

bro what show are you getting ready for? you look fantastic

gman
02-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I dont think thats what people say and maybe they just get crazy coz you lot are always talking about diabities etc

The truth is for some people it will be a crock of shit, some dont fare well without carbs likewise eating carbs fucks some people up.

If your intelligent enough to appreciate that both approaches work, then let them have their say and move on ;)

true, let them vent!

gman
02-17-2009, 12:24 PM
bro what show are you getting ready for? you look fantastic

Stats please.

I am trying to cut to that, and need some inspiration!

chucksm00th
02-17-2009, 01:53 PM
People bash Daves diet cause they are ignorant to the process...Unless they try it they will never beleive it. Again society is brainwashed into "thinkning" they need carbs...Remember this famous quote from Dave "there is no such thing as an essential carbs on an essential fat"!

Dave also has a medical Degree to back up his, diet ontop of hundreds of shredded clients!

BiGDaDDy
03-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Fozan, you look like a comic book here.......did you get that ripped up using Dave's keto diet???? If so, how long were you on that diet for?? What is your present day BF? Did you incorporate pro/veg days? If so, ho much and for how long? You look amazing.

Big Al
03-03-2009, 02:52 PM
People, no one bashed Dave's diet! They discussed it, made some remarks and left with saying: do whatever it is that works for you. That's all. What, no one may have an opinion any more?!

Youngguns
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
I tried Daves diet as a natural and lost a lot of strength, I didn't like it.

Are there any NATURALS here who got shredded on this diet that will post pics?

sassy69
03-03-2009, 03:43 PM

Just for context, what was your training & cardio while on the diet?

AVBG
03-03-2009, 03:56 PM

I did the diet and didn't lose strength.

Youngguns
03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Just for context, what was your training & cardio while on the diet?
Cardio was 2 hours per day. :(
Training was 4 times per week, same training I do now.

I did the diet and didn't lose strength.
How long have you been lifting? How heavy were you when you started, and what was your ending weight? How much cardio did you do?
What was your diet?

And what if you want to play a sport with your friends, are you going to have energy?

AVBG
03-03-2009, 06:20 PM

How long have you been lifting? How heavy were you when you started, and what was your ending weight? How much cardio did you do?
What was your diet

And what if you want to play a sport with your friends, are you going to have energy?

I have been lifting on/off since late 80's and consistantly since 2006. When I started dieting for my last show I weighed 265 (april 08) and ending weight was 196. I did cardio low intensity starting 30mins post workout by the 3rd last week I stopped cardio it got up to 60mins post workout.

The diet was the 200lb men Palumbo diet. No deviation.

I don't play sport with friends but coach my two kids - tennis and I dont lack the energy when doing the precontest diet.

Glenda Bozett
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear that, was your fat intake the right amount?

matt1005
03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
The best part was they kept talking about 100g of carbs (or something like that). Well this is not ketosis. They sounded so dumb.

Frosty
03-03-2009, 06:29 PM

I have the pic in my profile and my avatar. I don't juice and the diet works great for me. I might lose a little strength initially just because it's less calories, but it's very little and I maintain that strength throughout the diet.

matt1005
03-03-2009, 06:30 PM
No loss in strength until probably the last 2 weeks. My avatar is from my overall win. Oh and natural

Youngguns
03-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Very interesting, well, it's possible I may try it again. This time much less cardio.

What about looking full?

Let's say it's stage day, how do you fill out?

Let's say it's week 9 and your done your 8 week diet, how do you re introduce carbs?

What if all your friends are drinking :S

;)

I do know I want to get shredded, (less than competition shredded) and try and keep as much muscle as possible.

oh decisions decisions.

ironman0370
03-04-2009, 06:46 AM

What TYPE of cardio (i.e. high intensity or "low" intensity - heartrate under 130)? What TYPE of training? Answers to these questions can make all the difference.

Unfortunately, especially if using this diet for contest prep, these types of activities might have to wait. Priorities. Or, at the very least, you would have to be smart and "eat around them".

ironman0370
03-04-2009, 06:49 AM
I know it all comes down to calories in < calories out,

http://www.vincegironda-nsp.com/articles/calories.pdf

Youngguns
03-04-2009, 11:49 AM
What TYPE of cardio (i.e. high intensity or "low" intensity - heartrate under 130)? What TYPE of training? Answers to these questions can make all the difference.

Unfortunately, especially if using this diet for contest prep, these types of activities might have to wait. Priorities. Or, at the very least, you would have to be smart and "eat around them".
My cardio was under 130 BMP.
My training was conventional.

Example of training day.

Biceps/Quads
DB Curl(10) 45, 45, 40
Hammer Curl (8) 35, (8) 35, (8) 30
EZ bar- 21's 45, 45, 45
Leg Extension (15) 80, 80, 80, 80
Barbell Lunge(10) 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60
Leg Press(15) 150, 150, 150, 150(18)
Calves

Is the "pump" as good while on a keto diet?

is a ECA stack allowed during? I can't see why not...

ironman0370
03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
My cardio was under 130 BMP.

Okay, then when did you perform your cardio, meaning time of day, relative to your weight training, etc. (sorry, should have asked that earlier)?

Is the "pump" as good while on a keto diet?

Honestly, my workout dictates my "pump". I can get a good pump based on the type of workout I perform (reps, sets, etc.), as well as how long I work out. If you get a pump and continue to train to try to increase it, you'll LOSE it. but I'm sure you already knew that

is a ECA stack allowed during? I can't see why not...

I know Dave is not a big fan due to the aforementioned "stimulants", mostly due to cortisol release, etc.

JGEAN
03-12-2009, 06:51 PM
What is the most amount of carbs you can have and still stay in ketosis?