PDA

View Full Version : BoneBz's training log

BoneBz
06-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I started this today on another forum I also post on. I figured I will keep the same log here as well. I personally like to read what other people do in the gym.

The past week I have been feeling a little sick so I took off a few days and decided to train some arms today. Starting Monday I'll be back on schedule and will be logging in with how the workouts are going. I train 2 days on 1 day off. For the first time tho I will actually do cardio which will be done on off days(I am one of the people who are blessed enough to not really need cardio to stay lean even when eating my ass off) I train what I like to think of as my version of HIT being I do not train every body part the same, as you will see by the end of week one as it is hard to explain.

It's gonna look like

Chest
Legs
Off/Cardio
Back
Arms
Off/Cardio
Shoulders
Repeat...

So as for todays session, it was arms. I am feeling a little weak still from my cold but I got it done. I had a training partner today which is odd. The workout looked like this

TRI'S
First we started wit some Rope pushdowns for 3 sets of 100lbs(warm up exercise)

From there we moved over to what I think is one of the best and least heard of triceps exercises.... DECLINE close grip barbell bench press
bar x a lot
135 x 15
135 x 15
185 x 12
225 x 6
(now this is a lot more sets than I usually do but my partner wanted to do more which I wasn't really into to be honest)

Then we went over and did seated dumbbell extensions with two hands.
I did 2 sets of 100lbs till failure then I did some forced reps because I had a partner with me.

Now onto biceps, we did 2 sets of bodyweight curls not counting reps.

With the bi's nice a warmed up we did seated dumbbell curls for 2 sets. I did 50lb dumbbells for sets of like 6-10 then my partner helped me get a few more while I used a very slow negative.

I finished it off with some wrist roller, I did 1 set but I rolled the weight up and down like 6 times. I couldn't feel my forearms after that!

I drank my BCAA's with extra Leucine, 10g creatine mono mixed with cranberry juice and went to the back room for some posing/stretching.

I will be back Monday with the report for my chest workout.

BoneBz
07-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I kinda forgot I was going to keep a log here but I have been keeping up with my log on another site. So Imma just copy and paste my workouts in one big post to get up to date. This place seems kinda dead so if I don't get any feedback I won't continue posting on this thread.

BoneBz
07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
incline bench was taken(go figure) so we started with my least favorite exercise flat barbell bench press (as you will see my chest is very weak) I don't know what exactly my partner did but I did 4 sets
bar x a lot
135 x 15
225 x 6-8
225 x 4-6(I had help with a few of them but used very slow negative)

from there we went to a incline press machine I did a drop set starting at 225 till failure
205 till failure
185 till failure
135 till failure

finished off with a superset of dips and pec dec flies.

as always I had my BCAA/leucine blend with my juice and creatine mono when I was done.

BoneBz
07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Okay, I hit legs today. In the first post I said I train every body part a little differently. Legs will show you just what I mean.

I use three main moves as my mass builders and base each leg session around one of them. Back squat, front squat and hack squat machine.

Today I did back squats, I use the power rack but I squat outside of it. Something about being surrounded in a rack makes them feel more just like not natural feeling....being in the open is more raw and feels better.

back squats
bar x 30
135 x 25
135 x 25
225 x 18
275 x 15, I used rest pauses to get to 15.

From there I went and did lying leg curls, I put the pin on 90 pounds and just focused on squeezing at the top and using a slow negative. I did 2 sets of these, not counting reps I just did as many as I could possibly do.

Now....Rarely do I see guys using these machines...But I like to use the abductor and adductor machines like once a month. So I did them today, I put the pin all the way on both of them and did 3 super sets.

For calves today I did just one drop set of seated calves. Starting with 4 plates and working down to just one.

Now there you have it. The thing that really sets legs apart from my other sessions is the higher reps. I could go heavier and do the 4-6 rep set thing with legs but I find that I feel and respond better to the high rep leg workouts.

BoneBz
07-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Usually I start a back workout with chins/weighted chins but for this day I went with a slightly narrow grip underhand lat pulldown. I can't really remember what I had the stack at for each set but I did 4 sets of them pyramiding the weight. That got me nice and warmed up.

Took it over to rack and did some underhand bent over barbell rows. For that I did two sets.
225 x 10
275 x 4

I finished off with 2 supersets with hyper extension and straight arm cable pull down for these I didn't count reps, prob did like 25 hypers and then with the stack which at my gym is 200lbs I did my straight arms and umm, I didn't do no counting on reps or none of that.

Next back day I am prob going to just do floor deads. When I do floor deads I do only them so I do that like once a month. Usually I include rack pulls from just below knee level but past two weeks someone was using the power rack everytime I needed it.

BoneBz
07-12-2009, 04:09 PM
My training got a little messed up with this July 4th stuff. Gym was closed so I skipped my arm session, took two day off and did shoulders today. Shoulders I train a little different than pretty much anyone I've seen train/talk about training shoulders with. Alright so here it is.

I always start with rear delts for a few two reasons.
1~Pretty much everybody is lacking rear delts so it just makes sense to hit them first - priority principal
2~I have no proof of this, but I feel it is healthier for shoulder joints

Okay so I did 4 sets of rear standing dumbbell laterals
60lb DB's x 15 reps
60lb DB's x 12 reps
85lb DB's x 8 reps
90lb DB's till failure

From there I went to an incline bench and did side laterals on the incline. This exercise I find it hard to go heavy, 25lbs gives me trouble with these. Old school as shit but work great IMO
I did 2 sets with 15lb DB just burning out my side delts with anywhere from 10-15 reps

Barbell upright rows I did them for sets as well, I used the olympic bar with 135 and did a set of 10 and a set of 7

I finished off with behind the neck smith machine press, did one set.
185 x 21, I used 5 second rest pauses to get to 21 reps.

http://www.musclediscussion.com/images/misc/progress.gif That was shoulders. So there you followed me through a complete training cycle. I start over again tomorrow. Now that you can see what my training is like I will now only start to post the exercise name and the weight/reps. Photos will come as well in a day or two.

BoneBz
07-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Incline Smith Press
135 x 12
135 x 10
225 x 6
225 x 5

Hammer Strength Wide Chest machine
~Drop Set~
365 x failure
315 x failure
225 x failure