PDA

View Full Version : Long Time Lurker wanting advise......

Bonham
07-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Hey guys and gals. Long time lurker Looking for a little outside guidance. Here's a little history. Names James. 5 years ago I up and decided to change my life style. Dropped all soft drinks, straightened diet up(so I thought), then hit the gym. I did my own diet and dropped 30lbs quick. Went from 170 to 140ish. Since that drop Ive been adding weight. Trying to do it the cleanest i can. Hired a nutritionist to help my diet. Made great progress. Last bulk I weighed in at 208. I recently did a cut to get into shape for my 10 year wedding anniversary. It was a surprise trip for my wife and I wanted to look the best i have in years.

Once I stripped some fat away I started getting motivated. Trained harder, had better pumps, and overall better intensity. Well after we took a couple of pictures at the gym I work out at, I got the bug. I seen what I had at that point and wanted to put some size on and do a show next year.

Now my question. Let me know what body parts I need to work on the most.
I understand overall everything needs to come up, but what stands out the most as far as lacking muscles. The obvious to me is, quads, calves, and chest. The chest has me baffled bc my chest is strong for my size.

Below are the best pictures I have to judge me right now. In those pictures I'm 178 Lbs and 5'8.5". Id really like to put on some muscle this winter so next year I can compete in the middle to upper Middleweight class. Thanks for your time.

Ps. My posing sucks and will address that in the upcoming months.

tammyp
07-18-2013, 05:26 PM
you are right. quads and calves for sure. chest as well. I see it more in the upper chest and thickness. focus on incline work.

Bonham
07-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I've been nursing my legs bc of an ankle injury but I believe it's had enough time to heal. Def gonna focus on those three parts. Will hit more upper chest. Thanks

Jude2
07-21-2013, 03:32 PM
You are on your way in transforming your body. Good job so far. Just keep hitting it hard and stay consistent.

Bonham
07-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks Jude. It's a long road but I'm motivated. It just took me a while to figure out its all baby steps. Nothing comes fast. Thanks man for the input.