PDA

View Full Version : 11 Weeks out please critique

blinksuperstar1
07-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey guys I've just joined this forum and was hoping to get some feed back.

I'm 23yrs, 5'8 and around 151lbs, hoping to compete in a 154 and under division. It will be my first competition ever, and I'm about 11 weeks away from it, feeling pretty nervous.
Anyway, please let me know what I should work on, and if possible can I get a body fat percentage estimate please.
Do you think I should bulk for a while more before cutting? Or just cut from now on?
Also I have just started practising the poses, so they may not look so good right now. Going to work on that.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.

tammyp
07-20-2013, 04:55 PM
have you considered doing mens physique? you really need size everywhere and more time in the gym! you don't really have time to bulk at this point. just don't over diet. and I would suggest a long off season to really add some size.

Jude2
07-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Glad u are interesting in BB. Your body fat is about 7-8%. You are very tall for the light weight class at 5'8. You are very lean for 11 weeks out, but don't really have time to bulk up. There are ways to go into shows, but u are too young for that IMO. If this is your first show do the novice class and then go in the off season.

blinksuperstar1
07-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Hey guys thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

@ Tammyp unfortunately the show i'm doing doesn't have physique only BB or fitness. Yeah I guess I can use more size. I've been told my legs need the most work. Thinking of doing legs 2 x a week now. And at the moment, I'm doing roughly 2800 to 3000 cals for the last 6 weeks already and my weight is arnd 68kgs (151lbs). I'm not sure if I should continue bulking, but may turn up out of shape for the show, or to start slowly cutting now.

@ Jude 2 haha glad I'm below 10% already. And I have been thinking of doing a comp for quite some time now, my friend managed to convince me to go for it this year! Hopefully I do well haha.
My comp doesn't take height into consideration only weight. There is U70kgs, U80kgs and above 90kgs. What methods of going into shows are you talking about? Maybe I can use them for my next comp.
So same question as to tammyp, should I stop bulking and cut to maybe 2400 cals? I think my TDEE is 2500 to 2600 cals atm.

also one more thing, I know I have just started learning posing and all, but can any of you just point out what I should try to correct in my poses? I know my back poses, I have trouble flexing the hamstrings and spiking my calves, keep falling over but don't know if its just leg placement etc. I'm practicing around 20 to 30 mins daily atm, and trying to think up a routine now.

Thanks alot of any help!

tammyp
07-23-2013, 05:59 AM
look on you tube for posing vids. you don't need to really drop your cals at this point imo. you will lean out fast w your bf already being low. cant really suggest any diet info other than that.

blinksuperstar1
07-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Alright will do thanks.
And diet wise, I'm planning to cut at around 7 to 6 weeks out slowly, maybe throw in cardio only in the last few weeks if I have to, maybe weeks 3 or 2.
Thanks!