PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself!

Pages : [1] 2

Angela123
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey ladies...I know lots of us know eachother already from other boards...but i know there are some newbies on here. So introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself. Lurkers...come out:)!

Ill go first...though im sure many of you are familiar with me...

Andrea...from Illinois...why i still live here...who knows...i hate snow and cold. 26 years old. not married...have a boyfriend, but shit, lately...i dont know man...maybe i should start looking again! no kids...and honestly...not a fan of them...maybe one day...who knows. going back to school...sociology. though id rather just start fresh with nutrition. been into fitness my whole life...i say fitness not athletics...never got into organized team sports lol. didnt get serious into weight lifting until i was 19...started competed in figure at 22. crossed over to bb this fall. loved it...not looking back. wont compete again until spring 2010. have some lats to grow and some mass to add to my back this year! ive met many great e-friends over the last year and a half since ive been active on the boards and i look forward to making new ones from this board. currently...im a little too heavy for my offseason...i got about 7-10 pounds to lose. i told myself yesterday was start day...so far..ive been good for two days lol. i cannot have many carbs at all...so start day yesterday meant...gotta stay away from the oatmeal and cereal.

okay...enuf about me. im sure you all know plenty about me already and for those who dont...you will.:)

welcome again to all.

2hot4u
02-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I will go second. I am Lisa Boushard and i live in St Louis MO I am going on 43 and have 3 cats named Shadow, Scratchy and Flex. So not far from Illinois and we get the snow and all four seasons each year. I have lived here my entire life and would move at any given moment to experience life in a different place preferably not north and cold weather lol I have been married 2 and a half years to my hubby Joe. I have been competing in bb since 2001 and have competed in all weight classes offered so far except for heavyweights which i hope to do this year. I have been working with Dave palumbo for the past 2 years and must say I have NEVER looked this good on stage in all the years i have been competing. I trust him and can't wait to see the final package for this year!!! Colette does my routine and music so i am sure it will be off the hook this year again!!! It is great to have a wonderful team and a great website like this one to have all the support and guidance to help us all reach our goals.

Angela123
02-09-2009, 06:30 PM
your post reminded me...i have 3 cats i am crazy about. but whn i moved out of my ex bf's place a year ago, my new apt doesnt allow pets. so for the time being, he has them. i get visitation rights as often as i want though.
rudy, cleo and sweet pea!

dave has brought u into your shows with out of this world conditioning lisa. i did keto this year when i switched over to bb..i work with pj braun, who is a client of dave's...and i must say..i never looked beter too. keto definitly works with my body.

tammyp
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
im tammy patnode, npc lw....former leader of the womens section at MD. i know most of you all here..i am super excited about this board and i think dave and john will make it a great sucess!

Shelly
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Shelly Albetta

Both my twinnie and I compete. we will be gracing natl stages this year... and this will be out 4th yr competing.

mike davies is my trainer. im a total jersey girl. and i love wine.

the end LOL

figure_22
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm Rachel, 25 years old and live in Portland, OR. Was a swimmer in highschool, started lifting my senior year. Decided to try figure last year and had a blast! Going to do the OR state and LA Championships this year, see how I do and take it from there.

Work for a software company and LOVE it! Have a boyfriend-no kiddos, I like to be able to just pick up and go whenever I want so no animals either. I read a lot (it's the only thing helping me get through cardio!) and I am just starting to play my violin again.

~gymdiva~
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Sharon
NC
I like shoes :D

kiMbergman
02-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm Kim... 44... from Alabama.
I'm a has-been. LOL.

quadrablue
02-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm a has-been. LOL.

LIAR!!! Don't believe her ladies. She's just resting :p

quadrablue
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Athena
Canadian
blah blah blah

JillyRev
02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Jillian
NYC
originally from CT
Single
only been competing for a year:) but in that year i did 6 shows, was a long year!!!

AmyLynn
02-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Amy...Houston...dating Aaron....no kids (thank goodness, I love them--just when they belong to someone else)....I'm 21 and I've been doing figure since I was 19. I just made the switch to fitness and started training some of my clients for shows this year.

AmyLynn
02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Jillian
NYC
originally from CT
Single
only been competing for a year:) but in that year i did 6 shows, was a long year!!!

Wow, SIX shows in one year?? Just reading that makes me feel exhausted, I hope you kicked butt!!

figure_22
02-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, wow. 6? Your body didn't give out??? Holy cow. How long of a span did you do it?

SBT
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Shannon
Back in MA where I am originally from
Been competing 2 years, started in figure switched to bb and I'm hooked
Ahhh not much else exciting to say...

cheddar cheese
02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Colleen
35 years old from British Columbia, Canada I'm a newbie at this and hope to learn alot from you ladies.

Angela123
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Amy...Houston...dating Aaron....no kids (thank goodness, I love them--just when they belong to someone else)....I'm 21 and I've been doing figure since I was 19. I just made the switch to fitness and started training some of my clients for shows this year.

you are a baby lol! didnt know u were so young. wow...good for you... you started young. i respect the teen competitors so much. shit..i was a drinking, partying, crazy fool at 19. good luck with ur switch to fitness.

tight booty
02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Karen
from Australia

Angela123
02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm a has-been. LOL.

whatever!

Athena
Canadian
blah blah blah

no blah blah blah for you. im exctied to see you on stage this year.

Jillian
NYC
originally from CT
Single

damn woman...you are crazy. 6 in one year. wtf!

quadrablue
02-09-2009, 10:26 PM
whatever!

no blah blah blah for you. im exctied to see you on stage this year.

That's right 'Whatever'!!!

I can blah blah blah all I want A. What ya gonna do about it? :p

Tami Bellon
02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Tami Bellon
married to FUTURE
my first nat'l show will be this year at NA's
CPT
Nutritional Consultant

;)

nawteboy
02-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Colleen
35 years old from British Columbia, Canada I'm a newbie at this and hope to learn alot from you ladies.

whatz with the name silly girls

APOSTLE
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I just want you ladies to know that I love you all. :D

cheddar cheese
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
whatz with the name silly girls

How many people do you know that don't like cheese :D

Angela123
02-09-2009, 10:45 PM
How many people do you know that don't like cheese :D

yum...feta, baked brie and fontina.

I just want you ladies to know that I love you all. :D

we love you too.

That's right 'Whatever'!!!

I can blah blah blah all I want A. What ya gonna do about it? :p

ehhh..i guess ill be quiet. you are bigger than me. so i guess i cant do much about it.:p

prettymuscles
02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi there, my name is Nancy i'm from Ottawa Canada - started in this sport to lose a little weight ended up losing 75lbs :D I have prep for a comp over a year ago and ready to do it again November 2009.

SBT
02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Nice to see you back around A!!! :)

Elise
02-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone I'm Elise. I'm from CT & NY. I am a competitor as well as a makeup artist that travels to shows providing on sight services for hair, makeup and tanning. Be sure to visit my Beauty School Forum and introduce yourself. xoxo elise

Angela123
02-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi there, my name is Nancy i'm from Ottawa Canada - started in this sport to lose a little weight ended up losing 75lbs :D I have prep for a comp over a year ago and ready to do it again November 2009.

hi nancy...congrats so much on your weight loss. awesome transformation. good luck with ur next prep! keep us updated with ur progress.:)

quadrablue
02-09-2009, 11:15 PM
ehhh..i guess ill be quiet. you are bigger than me. so i guess i cant do much about it.:p

Well that's no fun:( Will I be seeing you in March?

And psst...you are catching up nicely;)

Angela123
02-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Well that's no fun:( Will I be seeing you in March?

And psst...you are catching up nicely;)

not sure yet lol. im close enough...to that it will be a last minute decision. i gotta see if i have the extra funds to spend for that weekend.

i do so want to go though, and it be sweet to meet up with so many of you all frm the boards. plus, i was competing last year..so i was a nervous wreck...didnt enjoy it. this year, it would be all laidback for me.

and thanks...im slowly getting better.:)

Steph Orr
02-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Steph (Park) Orr use to compete,
just had a baby and am loving it.
Not loving the Canadian Winter!
Hello ladies :)

~gymdiva~
02-09-2009, 11:51 PM
hey miss quadrablue, where's your avi yo? :cool:

CQ!
02-10-2009, 12:18 AM
CQ
Fitness Competitor
From the Islands
Blah blah

quadrablue
02-10-2009, 12:46 AM
hey miss quadrablue, where's your avi yo? :cool:

Damn I just noticed. Hmmm which one to pick? Got a preference Diva?

Heather Grace
02-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Heather in Denver.

I'm originally from Tacoma and somehow ended up here but am SERIOUSLY eyeing Cali and FL for a move next year- I enjoy CO but really miss the ocean...

Anyway, I am prepping to make my national debut this year and will compete at the Arnold Amateur and then Jr. Nats.

I've been a pretty studious lurker for sometime on the other sites but am really excited about what Dave and John have done here and plan to really take part.

~gymdiva~
02-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Damn I just noticed. Hmmm which one to pick? Got a preference Diva?

I think you damned good job with that one miss thang http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

quadrablue
02-10-2009, 12:57 AM
I think you damned good job with that one miss thang http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

ooo snappy

IslandGirl
02-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Aloha ladies!

Tracy here.
Born and raised in Hawaii, now I'm live in brrrr cold country Colorado
Married and I have 3 kiddos and 3 kitties
NPC Chief Judge and national level competitor

Angela123
02-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Heather in Denver.

I'm originally from Tacoma and somehow ended up here but am SERIOUSLY eyeing Cali and FL for a move next year- I enjoy CO but really miss the ocean...

Anyway, I am prepping to make my national debut this year and will compete at the Arnold Amateur and then Jr. Nats.

I've been a pretty studious lurker for sometime on the other sites but am really excited about what Dave and John have done here and plan to really take part.

hi heather. i recognize ur screenname...yes u are a lurker! glad to have u posting. keep us updated this year. good luck at the ac, how are you feeling? im sure you're looking good...less than a month now!

and im sure ill see you on stage at jr nats...im near chicago...so ill be there.

Malika
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone,

Malika, 35, born in France, parents from North Africa, live in Northern Ireland 10 years where I run my own gym with my partner who is a bb.

I have been competing for the last 5 years... Nothing plan this year... Yet!;)

dvsness
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
What's up with 3 cats - I also have 3... Dammit, Janet and Zoe.

Vanessa Adams
29 from Brooklyn, NY - and back living there despite brief stints in Austin TX and Vegas.
My bf and I live together and we both compete.
I am a member of Team Prolab.

IslandGirl
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM

Vanessa Adams
29 from Brooklyn, NY - and back living there despite brief stints in Austin TX and Vegas.

lol. So we both have 3 cats/kitties. Are you going to match me on 3 kiddos too? ;)

dvsness
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
lol. So we both have 3 cats/kitties. Are you going to match me on 3 kiddos too? ;)

Hell no. After 2 I am donating my uterus to science.

IslandGirl
02-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Hell no. After 2 I am donating my uterus to science.

lmao.

We shall see.

CQ!
02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone,

Malika, 35, born in France, parents from North Africa, live in Northern Ireland 10 years where I run my own gym with my partner who is a bb.

Hi Malika, I adore your physique btw.

For anyone who doesn't follow the international scene, Malika is one of the top figure competitors in NABBA.

p1nkangel
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Nice to meet and read about you all.

Gosh where do I start...
I'm 31 years old living in Belfast Northern Ireland... I'm starting to train from scratch, yet again. My goals are to reduce my BF% and build lean muscle mass. I have a looooong way to go!

I'm looking forward to joining in with you all throughout the forum and you ladies are sure inspirational as you all look amazing!!!!

Lavinia

p1nkangel
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone,

How cool. I'm from NI. You look awesome!

Angela123
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM

Vanessa Adams

3 cats r the way to go!

i didnt know you lived in austin and vegas.

ms.karen
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey Y'all!
Good to see you guys. Some of you know me, but for those that don't, I'm Karen from Allen, TX. I'm 51 and still working on competing in my first Figure competition (hopefully this year). I know I'm getting a late start, but WTH! :-)

AmyLynn
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
you are a baby lol! didnt know u were so young. wow...good for you... you started young. i respect the teen competitors so much. shit..i was a drinking, partying, crazy fool at 19. good luck with ur switch to fitness.

Thanks Ondrea!

Malika
02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi Malika, I adore your physique btw.

For anyone who doesn't follow the international scene, Malika is one of the top figure competitors in NABBA.

Thanks for your kind words!;)

Malika
02-10-2009, 02:06 PM
How cool. I'm from NI. You look awesome!

Thanks!

I live only an hour from you(Derry)! :)

figure_22
02-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Heather in Denver.

Tacoma, WA? My brother is up there. I am from WA orignally, Port Angeles and Bellingham.

p1nkangel
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks!

I live only an hour from you(Derry)! :)

I thought so :D My OH thought he recognised you! We seen you at one of the shows in Ballymena last year held at Seven Towers leisure centre, you weren't competing that night though. I can't remember the name of the show now but it was the first time it was held.

Unfortunately there weren't that many competitors that night but we did arrive a tad late for it.

I look forward to seeing you at more shows, hopefully I will get a chance to see you compete. :D

jena
02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I`m Jean-27...From San Luis Obispo, CA

Tatyana
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone,

Hi Malika :)

I am planning on competing for the next two years, and if I don't manage to get my nattie pro card, I am retiring my bikinis.

While I love to compete, I find it has thrown off my previous balance I had with my weight/body fat, how I ate and trained.

I was just diagnosed being hypothyroid, which means I haven't been producing enough thyroxine, making my metabolism quite slow, I lost some of my eyebrows, hearing, some of my hair, and get fat quite easily and have had a hard time (almost impossible), dropping below 16% bodyfat.

I think I have had this condition for close to four years, it was really a bit of luck with lab tests and how I was dieting that had me be diagnosed.

Oh yah, I am a biomedical scientist in clinical biochemistry.

I check my bloods every now and then when I am dieting/changing my diet, dehydrating, etc.

I am now going to be monitoring my hormone/thyroxine replacement therapy.

bean44
02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Nancy your transformation is incredible. Good luck with all your future training.

Bean44

NPCfigure
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Hello Ladies!! Hi Ondrea!!! Long time no speakie!! :)

My name is Jill. (Formerly Ramapo 28 on some of the boards)
I am 40 yrs old
Live in Rockland County, NY
Married with 2 cats!

I just recently had a battle with ovarian cancer over the summer...I am happy to say, I won!!! I am now trying to figure out this surgical menopause thing, and my body without hormones so I can compete this summer!! New site looks great!!

KRISSY CHIN
02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi Everyone:D!!!!
It is so wonderful seeing you all here!
Krissy Chin here now residing in Ojai, CA
IFBB Figure PRO/Fitness Model

Just started prep for 2009 and I have the bestest Prep Coach ever!- BIG DAVE of course;)

Krissyxo

Arina Manta
02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Hello to all of you ladies.:)
Arina Manta ( Fit Doll ), IFBB Pro Figure /Fitness model/Master PT . I was born in Romania ( the country of Dracula :D ), but I live in Australia for 15 years now.
I hope to see you at the Arnold C, where I will be at the "Species" booth , working with THE BEST;).

Arina

Angela123
02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey Y'all!
Good to see you guys. Some of you know me, but for those that don't, I'm Karen from Allen, TX. I'm 51 and still working on competing in my first Figure competition (hopefully this year). I know I'm getting a late start, but WTH! :-)

hey ms thang! glad to see you here! dont worry...you'll get up on stage one of these days! u want to compete when you're confident and ready and if that takes a little bit longer to get your body ready...well then..that's ok!

Thanks for your kind words!

welcome...gorgeous glutes!

Tacoma, WA? My brother is up there. I am from WA orignally, Port Angeles and Bellingham.

hey girlie...you need an avi of ur fine ass!

I thought so. My OH thought he recognised you! We seen you at one of the shows in Ballymena last year held at Seven Towers leisure centre, you weren't competing that night though. I can't remember the name of the show now but it was the first time it was held.

Unfortunately there weren't that many competitors that night but we did arrive a tad late for it.

I look forward to seeing you at more shows, hopefully I will get a chance to see you compete.

welcome dear! hope we can help you achieve your goals!

I`m Jean-27...From San Luis Obispo, CA

welcome.

Hi Malika :)

I am planning on competing for the next two years, and if I don't manage to get my nattie pro card, I am retiring my bikinis.

While I love to compete, I find it has thrown off my previous balance I had with my weight/body fat, how I ate and trained.

I was just diagnosed being hypothyroid, which means I haven't been producing enough thyroxine, making my metabolism quite slow, I lost some of my eyebrows, hearing, some of my hair, and get fat quite easily and have had a hard time (almost impossible), dropping below 16% bodyfat.

I think I have had this condition for close to four years, it was really a bit of luck with lab tests and how I was dieting that had me be diagnosed.

Oh yah, I am a biomedical scientist in clinical biochemistry.

I check my bloods every now and then when I am dieting/changing my diet, dehydrating, etc.

I am now going to be monitoring my hormone/thyroxine replacement therapy.

hmmm...didnt know that about you tat. that has got to make it extra hard for dieting. good luck with ur competitions.

Hello Ladies!! Hi Ondrea!!! Long time no speakie!!

My name is Jill. (Formerly Ramapo 28 on some of the boards)
I am 40 yrs old
Live in Rockland County, NY
Married with 2 cats!

I just recently had a battle with ovarian cancer over the summer...I am happy to say, I won!!! I am now trying to figure out this surgical menopause thing, and my body without hormones so I can compete this summer!! New site looks great!!

hey jill! how are you???? glad to hear you are doing well. good luck with your goals this year.

Hi Everyone!!!!
It is so wonderful seeing you all here!
Krissy Chin here now residing in Ojai, CA
IFBB Figure PRO/Fitness Model

Just started prep for 2009 and I have the bestest Prep Coach ever!- BIG DAVE of course;)

Krissyxo

Hello to all of you ladies.
Arina Manta ( Fit Doll ), IFBB Pro Figure /Fitness model/Master PT . I was born in Romania ( the country of Dracula :D ), but I live in Australia for 15 years now.
I hope to see you at the Arnold C, where I will be at the "Species" booth , working with THE BEST;).

Arina

you hey two...welcome. both gorgeous pros with kick ass bodies!

Glenda Bozett
02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi everybody, I am glad we are all together here. ;)

ejjack
02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Just wanted to say Hi. Nice to see so many familiar names and faces.

figure_22
02-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks Andrea.....I put one up now :D

FlyFitGal
02-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone!!

Michelle
31 in Northern NJ
Competed figure for 3 years..took and year off and to be determined whether i will compete again this year!
Also a makeup artist offering my services at all the Natinal shows as well as the NJ/NY area!!
Glad to see a bunch of familiar faces here :)

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Hello ladies!
I am Carolyn, happily married with 2 pups, well they aren't puppies anymore...
Been competing for 2 yrs, started off in BB but realized I just don't have the body for it-- so I switched over to figure this past year & I lovvve it!
I will be dieting in May for Team U & of course Dave will be coaching me :)
Can't wait to start dieting again!! Its great to be here, lots of great people are on board!

Glenda Bozett
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Hello ladies!
I am Carolyn, happily married with 2 pups, well they aren't puppies anymore...
Been competing for 2 yrs, started off in BB but realized I just don't have the body for it-- so I switched over to figure this past year & I lovvve it!
I will be dieting in May for Team U & of course Dave will be coaching me :)
Can't wait to start dieting again!! Its great to be here, lots of great people are on board!

Hey girl, we will rock the team universe, you and me competing nyc can't ask for better, love to see you here mamma

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 08:13 PM
:D Yeah I cant wait!!

Erin
02-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey ladies!! Its ChicagoGirl, but decided to use my real name! ;)

I would love to talk more about myself, but I am in total shock that Ondrea has 75 posts already. Good Lord, baby girl!!

**blondie**
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Hello! I'm Kristen I'm 26....from North Carolina... former gymnast ... started lifting in 2000... started competing in 07!

prettymuscles
02-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Nancy your transformation is incredible. Good luck with all your future training.

Bean44

Thank you Bean44 :)

prettymuscles
02-10-2009, 10:54 PM
hi nancy...congrats so much on your weight loss. awesome transformation. good luck with ur next prep! keep us updated with ur progress.:)

Thank you Ondrea.. I will def. keep you gals updated on my progress :)

Curt James
02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey ladies...I know lots of us know eachother already from other boards...but i know there are some newbies on here. So introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself. Lurkers...come out:)!

Ill go first...though im sure many of you are familiar with me...

Andrea...from Illinois...why i still live here...who knows...i hate snow and cold. 26 years old. not married...have a boyfriend, but shit, lately...i dont know man...maybe i should start looking again! no kids...and honestly...not a fan of them...maybe one day...who knows. going back to school...sociology. though id rather just start fresh with nutrition. been into fitness my whole life...i say fitness not athletics...never got into organized team sports lol. didnt get serious into weight lifting until i was 19...started competed in figure at 22. crossed over to bb this fall. loved it...not looking back. wont compete again until spring 2010. have some lats to grow and some mass to add to my back this year! ive met many great e-friends over the last year and a half since ive been active on the boards and i look forward to making new ones from this board. currently...im a little too heavy for my offseason...i got about 7-10 pounds to lose. i told myself yesterday was start day...so far..ive been good for two days lol. i cannot have many carbs at all...so start day yesterday meant...gotta stay away from the oatmeal and cereal.

okay...enuf about me. im sure you all know plenty about me already and for those who dont...you will.:)

welcome again to all.

Thank you for sharing! And re the boyfriend, I saw a tutor at school tonight. She was one in my first group of art students and is a senior this year. She was wearing a t-shirt that said "DUMP HIM!" lol :D Picture of a guy in the back of a dump truck getting unloaded along with a bunch of dirt.

Not advice at all. I just thought it was a funny logo.

TaylorB
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
im taylor but you ladies can call me daddy :p

Angela123
02-11-2009, 12:43 AM
im taylor but you ladies can call me daddy :p

easy big boy lol. are you saying you want to be a sugar daddy? feel free to sponser any of us.

Hey ladies!! Its ChicagoGirl, but decided to use my real name! ;)

I would love to talk more about myself, but I am in total shock that Ondrea has 75 posts already. Good Lord, baby girl!!

lol...you know me..i like my forums. mainly ive been posting in the pit. easy to get ur post count up there. lol.

TaylorB
02-11-2009, 12:47 AM
now your just trippin hahahah shiiiitttttt

Angela123
02-11-2009, 12:50 AM
lol...a gal can try...right? plenty of men like to sponser female competitors!

TaylorB
02-11-2009, 12:55 AM
u must understand,.... i dont have to pay, i just get to play... im not the same, see i got game.. hahahahahah

miss figure
02-11-2009, 05:51 AM
hey

im rachael i live in england
im 23 have my own gym, i won the Nabba Miss Universe in 2008 no plans to compete this year but have a few things in the pipe line

xx

Malika
02-11-2009, 07:01 AM
hey

im 23 have my own gym, i won the Nabba Miss Universe in 2008 no plans to compete this year but have a few things in the pipe line

xx

Top Figure competitor in UK!;)

CQ!
02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
hey

xx

Rachel Grice I assume?

If so, great to have you here. 2 NABBA big names is great. I will be getting a custom title for you [I am pushy:D] what works?

miss figure
02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Rachel Grice I assume?

If so, great to have you here. 2 NABBA big names is great. I will be getting a custom title for you [I am pushy:D] what works?

hi CQ

yes its rachael grice, pushy is good it gets things done

xxx

msfit
02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm Phyllis. I'm from "hick-ville" Washington. I'm 51, started weight training 2 years ago, it changed my life. I'm separated from my husband of 30 years, have 2 grown kids. I work as a stylist and personal trainer for women.
I love reading these forums for my own motivation and all the wonderful training tips. You woman inspire me greatly.
I love going to the shows and being surrounded by like minded people that "get" this lifestyle.

Kelly Baker
02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Kelly Baker
30 years old, Married, no kids and not going to change that
Just me, my hubby, and Sitka the leopard gecko!
I compete in Tri-Fitness, but will have a go on the Figure stage in April

gonneke
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Hello Lady,s
Im Gonneke from Holland
Age 30
and love the body-fitness Training :)
its a great forum with good help and motivation !

Valkyrie
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Amy
From Western Massachusetts
47 ... a me'me' (grandma) of 2 beautiful little girls (Mom of 2 sons, and 1 daughter.)
I lift to support my backpacking. :D
Been lifting since I was 17.
I'm a wanderer.

gettnbig
02-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Training hard in Portland Or. I am a Personal Trainer raising 4 kids. Need to stay strong to keep up with three boys, and be able to kill any mug looking at my little girl.lol
Keep lifting, stay eating and rest. The rest is just filler!

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Kelly Baker
30 years old, Married, no kids and not going to change that
Just me, my hubby, and Sitka the leopard gecko!
I compete in Tri-Fitness, but will have a go on the Figure stage in April

Amy
From Western Massachusetts
47 ... a me'me' (grandma) of 2 beautiful little girls (Mom of 2 sons, and 1 daughter.)
I lift to support my backpacking. :D
Been lifting since I was 17.
I'm a wanderer.

hello ladies...:D

Valkyrie
02-11-2009, 07:23 PM
hello ladies...:D
Hello darlin'! Love the avi! :cool:

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Hello darlin'! Love the avi! :cool:

thanks. hang around and have some fun:cool:

Valkyrie
02-11-2009, 07:29 PM
thanks. hang around and have some fun:cool:
My time has been limited everywhere lately, so I've only been keeping up at Razor's. Family needs my attention. We just lost a member and may possibly be losing another that took ill. I'll be back around the boards when things settle down. :)

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
you take care....and dont hide out too long

Valkyrie
02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
you take care....and dont hide out too long
Thank you. I will. Hopefully I'll get back to training next week. I've been sooo exhausted the past few weeks. My legs are screaming at me tonight for going snowshoeing today! They need to be beaten back into submission with a some good ole zercher work! LOL! :D

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
well get back to it!!
zerchers are on my menu for next week

Valkyrie
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
well get back to it!!
zerchers are on my menu for next week
Hooyah! I will be! Before the family stuff hit I was starting to rotate zerchers and box squats. :D

Have fun with those zerchers. :cool: You know how much I love me some zercher work!

JillyRev
02-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Wow, SIX shows in one year?? Just reading that makes me feel exhausted, I hope you kicked butt!!

Yes, wow. 6? Your body didn't give out??? Holy cow. How long of a span did you do it?

Nov 07 easterns was my first show
April 08 Metropolitan
June 08 Atlantic States
June 08 CT State Championship/CT Grand Prix
Nov 08 Eastern
Nov 08 Nationals....

one full year from Nov to Nov... yea it was a little crazy LOL Belive me i have been off since Nationals and so happy about it... BUT i am ready for another fun filled year!! Def not doing as many shows!

JillyRev
02-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi everyone,

I have said it before but you look amazing...

JillyRev
02-11-2009, 09:41 PM
hey girl! where in CT r u from?? or living? Im from Ridgefield:)

Hey everyone I'm Elise. I'm from CT & NY. I am a competitor as well as a makeup artist that travels to shows providing on sight services for hair, makeup and tanning. Be sure to visit my Beauty School Forum and introduce yourself. xoxo elise

There are a lot of ladies from the NY area!! SO FUN! :)

Malika
02-12-2009, 05:20 AM
I have said it before but you look amazing...

Hi Jilly, nice to see you here!;)

Kolbe
02-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi

A lot of you know me from other boards. I just found Dave and John again and got so happy... ;)
I like it here :D

Angela123
02-13-2009, 10:41 PM
welcome kolbe.

kolbe is in prep...8 weeks out, right?

FBBFan
02-15-2009, 06:04 AM
so i do it the "Apostle-Way" :D ....

I love you more, Ladies !!

Allifit
02-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi everyone....

Allifit in the house :)

Angela123
02-15-2009, 05:34 PM
about time you got here. i was ready to send u a text, telling you to get over here!

how are you doing in prep...crazy...almost show time!

Allifit
02-16-2009, 12:40 PM
about time you got here. i was ready to send u a text, telling you to get over here!

how are you doing in prep...crazy...almost show time!
I've been a bit out of it so h9onestly not on the boards as much lately... but GX sent me an email telling me to get on over here...so here I am.... just didnt wanna abandon my thread over there its been hopping lately lol.;)

I'm great- spot on with my training and conditioning so I'm REALLY excited for this show. Even if I don't place well this is the best I've looked hands down.....! Looking forward to seeing you there girl!

Angela123
02-16-2009, 12:54 PM
sweet! im so excited. its great to feel confident already and not have to stress about doing drastic shit towards the end. im very excited to see your conditioning..you were ripped at NA...so im sure you look amazing.

you never know how you'll do, its not a national show, the judging is a little different plus there are international judges, who prefer a harder physique with more muscle. ...i got 6th which was great for me...then didnt place at any national shows after that lol.

Allifit
02-16-2009, 01:03 PM
sweet! im so excited. its great to feel confident already and not have to stress about doing drastic shit towards the end. im very excited to see your conditioning..you were ripped at NA...so im sure you look amazing.

you never know how you'll do, its not a national show, the judging is a little different plus there are international judges, who prefer a harder physique with more muscle. ...i got 6th which was great for me...then didnt place at any national shows after that lol.

Yeah... I know I'm on the more muscular side for figure but it is what it is. I like to lift so it's not going to change. :) This is the smallest and tightest I've been though. I'm thrilled either way but I'll be excited to see how I do. The field is highly international so I'm hoping I hold up well!

:) What'll you be doing at the Arnold this year missy?

Kell0509
02-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Kellie. I visited the other site with my boyfriend all the time, never joined. Seeing him getting into better shape has inspired me to do the same. Im 28, no kids of my own yet, but I love my b/f's kids like they were mine. I would love any advice anyone has to offer. (Im looking to lose weight and tone up for summer. To date I've lost a total of about 55lbs.)

Allifit
02-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Kellie. I visited the other site with my boyfriend all the time, never joined. Seeing him getting into better shape has inspired me to do the same. Im 28, no kids of my own yet, but I love my b/f's kids like they were mine. I would love any advice anyone has to offer. (Im looking to lose weight and tone up for summer. To date I've lost a total of about 55lbs.)
Welcome Kellie!!!! And congrats on that weight loss!!! PHENOMENAL!:D

Suzanne
02-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Suzanne 45
Buffalo Grove Illinois (northwest Chicago suburb)
lived in San Diego my first 41 years
I LOVE the snow!! and having seasons now!
i live with the love of my life Chase, 17 year old daughter Christine, who will be attending Missouri University of Science and Technology in the fall studying Civil Engineering, 2 cats, 2 German Shepherds, one of which is a pituitary dwarf so he is only 42 pounds and has to take thyroid meds the other is 96 pounds

I began working out when i was 33 to lose weight
http://fitsuzanne.com/Progresspics/before1995.JPGhttp://fitsuzanne.com/Progresspics/P1030211_A.JPG

I lost all the weight on my own and competed in my first BB comp in 2002. I briefly switched to figure 2004 and 2006 (out of fear of being too big in offseason if i was BBer) Went back to BBing in 2007 and found my passion for training again.

I fiddle around doing websites (i was a computer programmer from 1999-end of 2001) I did my site which really need to be redone
www.fitsuzanne.com and i did my trainers site www.sizandshapefitness.com.

I train with Jeremy Minihan ( www.sizandshapefitness.com ) who is in Oklahoma City. I have been with him since Nov 2006 and have made profound changes both in my physique and emotionally. I try to train in OKC with him several times a year and when i do I stay with the awesome IFBB Pro Sherry Smith

I have been off season since Nationals 2007 but start prep March 1 for Jr Nationals!!!

Angela123
02-18-2009, 12:05 PM

Welcome Kelly. Great job...55 pounds already! please let us know if you have any question and need advice. and please dont be shy...no need to lurk. but if u must lol...we are always just a pm away.

Angela123
02-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Suzanne 45
Buffalo Grove Illinois (northwest Chicago suburb)
lived in San Diego my first 41 years
I LOVE the snow!! and having seasons now!
i live with the love of my life Chase, 17 year old daughter Christine, who will be attending Missouri University of Science and Technology in the fall studying Civil Engineering, 2 cats, 2 German Shepherds, one of which is a pituitary dwarf so he is only 42 pounds and has to take thyroid meds the other is 96 pounds

I began working out when i was 33 to lose weight
http://fitsuzanne.com/Progresspics/before1995.JPGhttp://fitsuzanne.com/Progresspics/P1030211_A.JPG

I lost all the weight on my own and competed in my first BB comp in 2002. I briefly switched to figure 2004 and 2006 (out of fear of being too big in offseason if i was BBer) Went back to BBing in 2007 and found my passion for training again.

I fiddle around doing websites (i was a computer programmer from 1999-end of 2001) I did my site which really need to be redone
www.fitsuzanne.com and i did my trainers site www.sizandshapefitness.com.

I train with Jeremy Minihan ( www.sizandshapefitness.com ) who is in Oklahoma City. I have been with him since Nov 2006 and have made profound changes both in my physique and emotionally. I try to train in OKC with him several times a year and when i do I stay with the awesome IFBB Pro Sherry Smith

I have been off season since Nationals 2007 but start prep March 1 for Jr Nationals!!!

i didnt know u are an Il girl.

Suzanne
02-18-2009, 12:32 PM
i didnt know u are an Il girl.

yep since Aug 2005

diamond in the rough
02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Hello my name is Keashia I live In vancouver Canada .This Is my second year Competing. Im 24 years old . Last year i did three shows , this year im gonna do two. Nice to meet you all this is a great forum.

Suzy Brown
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
HI BFFs!! Hi Best Friends Forever!!! Its your favorite mutant, Sho Cohen!!!

Angela123
02-18-2009, 01:46 PM
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been thinking of! i miss u! how ru?

lisapooh
02-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi all, I am Lisa from the Lake District in the UK, Been going to the gym on and off for a number of years but started training seriously about six months ago. I also started a Diet phase 2 weeks ago with the aim of getting into shape and considering a route to get on stage in some capacity. All you girls look great and are a real motivation.

Angela123
02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
hi lisa and welcome! great to have you. good for you for taking your training and dieting to the next level. please let us know if you need anything.

buckimscl
02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Good afternoon ladies. Welcome Lisa. You'll find things pretty informal aorund here and people are willing to help.

tkatmommie
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Hello all!

married/ 1 daughter/1 dog/ 3 fish
Bodybuilder
Pittsburgh, PA

Angela123
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
hi tkatmommie...welcome and glad to have you here.

when is ur next show? what weight class do you compete in?

Sistersteel
02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey hey hey
big girl in the house
Coming out of the shadows to make some friends
Been around a long long time, competed a long long time ago. Hated the politics. Moved on to doing my own thing. Compete as an Olympic Weight Lifter now. Lifestyle bodybuilder.

Recent competitions

2009 Southern Open Superheavyweight Gold Medalist
2008 Emory Southeastern Classic Gold Medalist

Competing at the NAGAs in March in Brazillian JuiJitsu.

Am leaving in April for Turkey to shoot the show "American Gladiators". MGM sold the license to several countries in the world and because of my middle eastern heritage, I was chosen among 6 other girls in the entire Mediterranean to be a gladiator on the show. I am very excited and so is my hubby. Dieting my ass off right now.

Current stats 5'5" 217lb 17%

I am admin on www.oldschoolbodybuilding.com
supermod on www.xtraxxl.com
moderator on www.ironwarriorsfitness.com
moderator on the performance network
moderator on Euro-xxl.com

I have steered clear of the bigger boards so you will not find me on flex or MD, but have always admired Dave. So I am choosing to come out and post for a change to show my support.

Thank you for having me.

Respect to my iron sisters,

SS

Angela123
02-20-2009, 02:18 AM
welcome! wow..impresseive resume! nice to have you here! so glad you decided to join our board. good luck in turkey. what weight do you want to get down to?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Welcome, Sistersteel!

Sistersteel
02-20-2009, 09:31 AM
welcome! wow..impresseive resume! nice to have you here! so glad you decided to join our board. good luck in turkey. what weight do you want to get down to?

Hi Ondrea and thank you for the warm welcome. I would have actually loved to get in contest shape for this gig, but, unfortunately, I did not get that phone call until early January. Within a week I was on a plane to turkey to discuss my contract. I have to go back for a few days in March to shoot the promo before we commence shooting the first season in April. So they have me all over the place which makes it hard to remain consistent with my dieting. Kind of a pain in the ass to travel overseas with Tupperware if you know what I mean. So all in all I have about 8-10 consistent weeks of strict dieting, cardio and training of course. Certainly not enough time to get in contest shape. So I am going to make the best out of the time I do have and am hoping that I can hit 200lb at 10%. Last June I hit 200lb at 12.8% and my offseason went VERY well this winter. I made some great gains in my upper body which should make my goals very attainable if I stay focussed.

I am 190lb at 6% and 5'5". Too bad can't get down to that for this..oh well. I am grateful for any opportunity to get female bodybuilding out to the world, especially in the middle east where we are, let us just say, NOT so popular.

Respect,

SS

tkatmommie
02-20-2009, 12:09 PM
hi tkatmommie...welcome and glad to have you here.

when is ur next show? what weight class do you compete in?

Hi I am a Natural athlete, and will be competing April 4th, NCP NAtural Show in Lakewood Ohio. (Cleveland)

I come in around 135-138, and for this show there are only 2 weight classes: 144.5 +/-...so i will be a heavyweight for this show.

1ts place Heavyweight & Overall 2003 NABBA Ms. West Virginia
3rd Place NPC Penns State Fogure TALL Class 2007
4th Place NPC Pittsburgh BB Middleweight 2008
:p

DistinctChoice
02-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm 29, married, with our first on the way any day.

I consider myself a fitness enthusiast. I workout but I don't compete.

I've been a fan of female bodybuilding for 20 years.

I admire and respect each and every one of you.

Being part of the online communities (here, siouxcountry.com, etc.) is my stress management. Serenity now!

:)

Angela123
02-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi Ondrea and thank you for the warm welcome. I would have actually loved to get in contest shape for this gig, but, unfortunately, I did not get that phone call until early January. Within a week I was on a plane to turkey to discuss my contract. I have to go back for a few days in March to shoot the promo before we commence shooting the first season in April. So they have me all over the place which makes it hard to remain consistent with my dieting. Kind of a pain in the ass to travel overseas with Tupperware if you know what I mean. So all in all I have about 8-10 consistent weeks of strict dieting, cardio and training of course. Certainly not enough time to get in contest shape. So I am going to make the best out of the time I do have and am hoping that I can hit 200lb at 10%. Last June I hit 200lb at 12.8% and my offseason went VERY well this winter. I made some great gains in my upper body which should make my goals very attainable if I stay focussed.

I am 190lb at 6% and 5'5". Too bad can't get down to that for this..oh well. I am grateful for any opportunity to get female bodybuilding out to the world, especially in the middle east where we are, let us just say, NOT so popular.

Respect,

SS

wow...yah for sure...lots of travelling. but hey, 8-10 wks will still get you in very, very good shape. im sure you'll look awesome. make sure to post pix. 200 lbs at 10% and 190 at 6&...very impressive.

Hi I am a Natural athlete, and will be competing April 4th, NCP NAtural Show in Lakewood Ohio. (Cleveland)

I come in around 135-138, and for this show there are only 2 weight classes: 144.5 +/-...so i will be a heavyweight for this show.

Hi everyone!

I'm 29, married, with our first on the way any day.

I consider myself a fitness enthusiast. I workout but I don't compete.

I've been a fan of female bodybuilding for 20 years.

I admire and respect each and every one of you.

Being part of the online communities (here, siouxcountry.com, etc.) is my stress management. Serenity now!

hello and welcome. when is ur baby due? boy or girl? and i hear ya on stress management. this place defenitly helps me.

DistinctChoice
02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi Ondrea!

We don't know if it's a boy or girl. I'll be ecstatic with whichever God gives us. My wife is due in about two weeks, although we know it's more of a "window" than an X on the calendar. Nonetheless, we're ready. Thanks for asking about us. It's nice to meet you!

Angela123
02-20-2009, 02:57 PM

oops...4got to reply to you :p.

wow...u look great. i know a few people doing lakewood. kelly baker on here who is a tri fit girl is trying figure for the 1st time. and a woman from my town will be competing in bb for her first show ever.

what do u weigh in ur profile pic? its a great pic of you.

good luck in the rest of ur prep!

tkatmommie
02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
oops...4got to reply to you :p.

wow...u look great. i know a few people doing lakewood. kelly baker on here who is a tri fit girl is trying figure for the 1st time. and a woman from my town will be competing in bb for her first show ever.

what do u weigh in ur profile pic? its a great pic of you.

good luck in the rest of ur prep!

Thanks: I needed to edit the contest i am doing is 114.5 +/- as 2 classes. So i will def be OVER 114. LOL. I never in my life weighed that.

Thanks for the compliments, those pics are from last year, progress up to the May show in Pittsburgh. I was about 153-155 in the pix with blue/purple on. I came in 139 for weigh ins. I am 6 weeks out right now and weigh about 144ish.

I hear this Lakewood show is pretty big, I have never been to it.
Fingers crossed!

Kim McGuire
02-21-2009, 09:57 PM
what up chicas!!! thought I'd say hello to everyone. ill be around a few shows this year...will only get on stage once tho.....lots of life 'crap' going on now but ill pop in from time to time. hey...yo diva give me a shout-call or text. we need to catch up on some shit!!! lots going on lol

lilfitgirl
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone :)
My name is Valarie, I am a 21 year old college student at the University of Toledo in Ohio (go Rockets). Studying early childhood education (K-3) with a concentration on Social Studies.
I started lifting weights after my boyfriend suggested it when I was trying to lose the "freshman 15" and wanted to slim down and tone up. I've loved it ever since!!! This year I have finally got into a split workout schedule and am really loving it and getting legit results from it.
I worked as a booth model at the Arnold Classic last year for Con-Cret and this year am working under the same guys for a different supplement (NutraCea) and am so super excited to be working it agian! Unfortunately my diet sucks, but it comes with the territory!
My boyfriend is entering his first natural BB comp. in April and I am so excited for him!!
I'd love to try and compete 'bikini' in my lifetime, but I dont think it will ever happen due to the fact that I have a nasty case of Scoliosis!!! :( but oh well I love lifting and staying in shape!
Anyways I think im done gabbing...so HELLO to all and I wish everyone the best with their goals! :)

SallyAnne
02-21-2009, 10:04 PM

Respect,

SS

Pictures! :)

palomino
02-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Hello ladies!!!! Im so happy to find you all!!

mlm
02-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Michelle Matthews..... 41, living in small town Ontario Canada, registered nurse working in diabetes education/management, married, no kids.... except of the 4 legged variety, 2 yellow labs (16&12 yrs old!). Competed once in bodybuilding (back in the day), been competing in figure for the past 3 yrs.... not sure if or when i'll compete again, just enjoying busting ass in the gym right now:)

....can't get my avi to upload... will try again later:)

tammyp
02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
kimmie! welcome!

so glad to see so many new and old faces around here!

Z33ACV2
02-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone, my is Zoila aka LadyZ... How's everyone on this Sunday afternoon.

I'm 35 yrs old and I'm a figure competitor. I have competed in USBF and INBF shows last year. And this June, I will be competing at the Atlantic States.

stl50
02-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Hello, I'm Jamie, from St. Louis.
...33, no kids, 3 dogs.
Been lifting for ever it seems and am completely obsessed with training/dieting, but can't seem to muster up the courage to get my ass on stage! Even hired Dave last year, but ended up stressing myself into a nervous breakdown with 6 weeks left...needless to say it did wonders for my cortisol levels, lol!! Think it's stage fright!:confused:
Anyway, all of you women are so inspirational, just wanted to stop by and quit lurking...

MsGuns
02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey Brandon, Ondrea, Lisa, Tammy, Shelly, Shannon, Kim, Sharon, Tami, IG, Jill, Suzanne, Krissy, Ejjack, lady Z and Michelle...

MsGuns as seen on other boardd...I have to now keep up w/ 6 communities...gosh...smile

Drexel is my name...but I have many nicknames
MS Physical Ed teacher and Track Coach
Philly/Jersey gurl livin in Tx
former track runner (ranked #2 in the nation my Sr yr in HS behind Marion Jones- coached by the same coaches who coached Carl Lewis and other Olympians)
tried out for American Gladiators Season 2 made it to the 3rd round of interviews but didnt get the bootcamp/filming call...
Im a Natural drug free Triple Pro in the NGA, FAME and IFPA
Did my 12th show Nov 15th 2008
Im a staff member at femininebodybuilding.com
I think thats all...smile
See ya around

Z33ACV2
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Drex... :)

MsGuns
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey Drex... :)

hey gurl...I just went back and edited my shot out...smile
How r u?

Z33ACV2
02-22-2009, 05:39 PM
hey gurl...I just went back and edited my shot out...smile
How r u?

I'm good... relaxing at home and taking care of my new ear piercing... how are you?... I'm looking forward to meet you in person next week.

NPCfigure
02-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey Drex!!! You have alot of drive bys to do now!:)

Angela123
02-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks: I needed to edit the contest i am doing is 114.5 +/- as 2 classes. So i will def be OVER 114. LOL. I never in my life weighed that.

Thanks for the compliments, those pics are from last year, progress up to the May show in Pittsburgh. I was about 153-155 in the pix with blue/purple on. I came in 139 for weigh ins. I am 6 weeks out right now and weigh about 144ish.

I hear this Lakewood show is pretty big, I have never been to it.
Fingers crossed!

i was gonna say..i was sort of confused...figured it was a typo lol.

well you sound like u r on track. good luck with the following 6 wks.

what up chicas!!! thought I'd say hello to everyone. ill be around a few shows this year...will only get on stage once tho.....lots of life 'crap' going on now but ill pop in from time to time. hey...yo diva give me a shout-call or text. we need to catch up on some shit!!! lots going on lol

hi kim! i feel ya...lots of crap in my life too.

Hi everyone
My name is Valarie, I am a 21 year old college student at the University of Toledo in Ohio (go Rockets). Studying early childhood education (K-3) with a concentration on Social Studies.
I started lifting weights after my boyfriend suggested it when I was trying to lose the "freshman 15" and wanted to slim down and tone up. I've loved it ever since!!! This year I have finally got into a split workout schedule and am really loving it and getting legit results from it.
I worked as a booth model at the Arnold Classic last year for Con-Cret and this year am working under the same guys for a different supplement (NutraCea) and am so super excited to be working it agian! Unfortunately my diet sucks, but it comes with the territory!
My boyfriend is entering his first natural BB comp. in April and I am so excited for him!!
I'd love to try and compete 'bikini' in my lifetime, but I dont think it will ever happen due to the fact that I have a nasty case of Scoliosis!!! :( but oh well I love lifting and staying in shape!
Anyways I think im done gabbing...so HELLO to all and I wish everyone the best with their goals!

hi hon. its great that you are so into the lifestyle. its hard for many young people to get with it. of course you can get on stage. dont let your scoliosis stop you. corrie has it and is competing in figure. check out her journal. have fun at the ac.

Hello ladies!!!! Im so happy to find you all!!

what up!

Michelle Matthews..... 41, living in small town Ontario Canada, registered nurse working in diabetes education/management, married, no kids.... except of the 4 legged variety, 2 yellow labs (16&12 yrs old!). Competed once in bodybuilding (back in the day), been competing in figure for the past 3 yrs.... not sure if or when i'll compete again, just enjoying busting ass in the gym right now:)

....can't get my avi to upload... will try again later:)

hey girl, welcome! how was 08 for ya? ru u still with mike? glad to see u here. let me know if u need help with uploading ur avi.

Hi everyone, my is Zoila aka LadyZ... How's everyone on this Sunday afternoon.

I'm 35 yrs old and I'm a figure competitor. I have competed in USBF and INBF shows last year. And this June, I will be competing at the Atlantic States.

hey z. welcome. im excited to see you package u bring. so glad u decided to give npc shows a try, u will do great.

Hello, I'm Jamie, from St. Louis.
...33, no kids, 3 dogs.
Been lifting for ever it seems and am completely obsessed with training/dieting, but can't seem to muster up the courage to get my ass on stage! Even hired Dave last year, but ended up stressing myself into a nervous breakdown with 6 weeks left...needless to say it did wonders for my cortisol levels, lol!! Think it's stage fright!:confused:
Anyway, all of you women are so inspirational, just wanted to stop by and quit lurking...

hi jamie and welcome. the stage isnt for everyone. the process is better than the stage time. just diet and train for yourself. u dont need stage time and a trophey. but if u do really want to be on stage, im sure you will one day. if you need any advice, let us know. many of us are very shy. i am deathly afraid of public speaking and being in front of crowds. i still cant believe i compete. please dont lurk!

what scares u?

Hey Brandon, Ondrea, Lisa, Tammy, Shelly, Shannon, Kim, Sharon, Tami, IG, Jill, Suzanne, Krissy, Ejjack, lady Z and Michelle...

MsGuns as seen on other boardd...I have to now keep up w/ 6 communities...gosh...smile

Drexel is my name...but I have many nicknames
MS Physical Ed teacher and Track Coach
Philly/Jersey gurl livin in Tx
former track runner (ranked #2 in the nation my Sr yr in HS behind Marion Jones- coached by the same coaches who coached Carl Lewis and other Olympians)
tried out for American Gladiators Season 2 made it to the 3rd round of interviews but didnt get the bootcamp/filming call...
Im a Natural drug free Triple Pro in the NGA, FAME and IFPA
Did my 12th show Nov 15th 2008
Im a staff member at femininebodybuilding.com
I think thats all...smile
See ya around

hey drex. good to see ya here. hope all is well with ya.

IRONURSE
02-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Hello. I'm Lauri, 40yo, from Atlanta. I am an Emergency RN, mother of 12 yr old twin girls, and married to an NPC bodybuilder.
In Dec 2007 I decided that I no longer liked how I looked and started working out ,with my husband, 5 days a week in the gym. After losing 45 lbs (in 5 months) I thought I looked a bit too thin so I started lifting heavier and really started to enjoy it. My husband (tdcoach) has been competing for about a year now and it has piqued my interest in competition bodybuilding. I'm 5'6'', 120lbs, 11% bf so I am looking at competing masters lw in the fall.
I am hoping that I will be able to gain some valuable info from this site to help me achieve my goals. I know it will not happen overnight ,but, there is plenty of inspiration and proven success on here!
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2655&stc=1&d=1235396283http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2656&stc=1&d=1235396283http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2657&stc=1&d=1235396283

stl50
02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Ondrea,

Gee, what scares me...probably the fear of the unknown. im such a tomboy that the hair, suit, makeup stuff really scares me becuase i don't know where to start. the only part i have a grasp on is the heels (self proclaimed shoe whore...lol). Think i just need to pick a show, talk to someone local who competes, and get my butt out there...at least once!
then at least i'll know for myself the stage is/isn't my thing...

One things for sure, I'll always follow this website. Everyone here is so supportive and there's always something to learn...no more lurking for me!!!

Z33ACV2
02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
hey z. welcome. im excited to see you package u bring. so glad u decided to give npc shows a try, u will do great.

Thanks O... how are you? I'm happy that I'm doing NPC instead of INBF.

FitSarah
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Hello !!! Im soon to be Sarah Genkinger (Pezley for now) and im 26. A mother of two beautiful girls (Gracey and Elizabeth)...I have a B.A. in Psychology...And im fasinated by the human mind, and how it functions. Im a Cordinator of a Company called Iowa Behavior Health Solutions and enjoy my position helping others...

I competed last year for the first time at the Iowa State figure Championships and placed 3rd out of 8 girls in the short class...I only have been training for about 8 months at that time...I plan on competing this year in May or June...

I have always been fasinated with weight training and the human body...My fiance Chris Genkinger (Chris250) got me in to weight training this past year...He showed me the correct way of dieting and training...We now train together and hope to compete in the same show later this year...I would appreciate any advice I can get from the women who compete in figure and bodybuilding...I have learned alot this past year and half, but I know I have alot more to learn from the girls on Rx Forum...

I put up 3 pictures, the first two pictures are from the Iowa State show in 2008. The last picture is from Halloween, when I took the girls out for trick or treating...

FitSarah

Powerwoman
03-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Julie Peavey age 49 from Vernon Hills Il

Angela123
03-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks O... how are you? I'm happy that I'm doing NPC instead of INBF.

im good. well, be sure to keep us updated on ur progress.

Ondrea,

Gee, what scares me...probably the fear of the unknown. im such a tomboy that the hair, suit, makeup stuff really scares me becuase i don't know where to start. the only part i have a grasp on is the heels (self proclaimed shoe whore...lol). Think i just need to pick a show, talk to someone local who competes, and get my butt out there...at least once!
then at least i'll know for myself the stage is/isn't my thing...

One things for sure, I'll always follow this website. Everyone here is so supportive and there's always something to learn...no more lurking for me!!!

oh my...well shit...at least u are not scared of the stage. darling...its ez...have a someone do ur make up and hair...dont even stress about that. find a suit desiger, give her your measurements and she makes the suit for ya. simpl. u dont have to decorate it yourself or design it. just pick a color and desing. u got the walking in high heels part down...that is usually a very hard part for some woman to grasp.

Hello. I'm Lauri, 40yo, from Atlanta. I am an Emergency RN, mother of 12 yr old twin girls, and married to an NPC bodybuilder.
In Dec 2007 I decided that I no longer liked how I looked and started working out ,with my husband, 5 days a week in the gym. After losing 45 lbs (in 5 months) I thought I looked a bit too thin so I started lifting heavier and really started to enjoy it. My husband (tdcoach) has been competing for about a year now and it has piqued my interest in competition bodybuilding. I'm 5'6'', 120lbs, 11% bf so I am looking at competing masters lw in the fall.
I am hoping that I will be able to gain some valuable info from this site to help me achieve my goals. I know it will not happen overnight ,but, there is plenty of inspiration and proven success on here!
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2655&stc=1&d=1235396283http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2656&stc=1&d=1235396283http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2657&stc=1&d=1235396283

hello and welcome. great progress. glad to have you here. good luck with your goals and yes you will achieve them! you've made such great progress already.

Hello !!! Im soon to be Sarah Genkinger (Pezley for now) and im 26. A mother of two beautiful girls (Gracey and Elizabeth)...I have a B.A. in Psychology...And im fasinated by the human mind, and how it functions. Im a Cordinator of a Company called Iowa Behavior Health Solutions and enjoy my position helping others...

I competed last year for the first time at the Iowa State figure Championships and placed 3rd out of 8 girls in the short class...I only have been training for about 8 months at that time...I plan on competing this year in May or June...

I have always been fasinated with weight training and the human body...My fiance Chris Genkinger (Chris250) got me in to weight training this past year...He showed me the correct way of dieting and training...We now train together and hope to compete in the same show later this year...I would appreciate any advice I can get from the women who compete in figure and bodybuilding...I have learned alot this past year and half, but I know I have alot more to learn from the girls on Rx Forum...

I put up 3 pictures, the first two pictures are from the Iowa State show in 2008. The last picture is from Halloween, when I took the girls out for trick or treating...

FitSarah

hi sarah and welcome. i recognize you from myspace and md. glad to see you here. u competed at the usa continental's correct? we didnt see each other but i remember reading on md you would be there. it was such a big show!

Hi everyone, I'm Julie Peavey age 49 from Vernon Hills Il

hi julie...welcome. im frm the chicago area as well.

DistinctChoice
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Julie - I think you should submit a special request to the forum admin to change your "status" to something better than pencil neck, because despite being new here in the forum, we all know, and your avatar confirms that you are NOT a pencil neck. :)

Carolyn Bryant
03-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Hello Ladies, Queens, Divas, Transies, Hermaphrodites and all others who sit on the toilet to pee. This is Carolyn Bryant, aka The Black Iron Princess. I'm here to launch my column called "From a Woman's Point of View." The column is edgy, entertaining, juicy, controversial and down-right hilarious. It's all about girl talk and telling our side of what's going on in the industry. Some of you may already be familiar with my stance in the female bodybuilding world. I do not promote androgyny in this sport. Nuff said. Got something to say? Free your mind.

Here are the rules. I won't say let's keep it clean because the dirtier the better. Refrain from being messy, belligerent or using terms that could be misconstrued as fighting words. Keeps your emotions in check and let's have fun. Remember these are just opinions. If you heard something please preface the discussion with "rumor has it." If you know something for a fact and want to talk about it, that's cool. But let's not use this space to iron out beefs with other readers or air dirty laundry unless you are presenting the information for the readers to help you resolve a problem.

Topic of the Week: Which male bodybuilder, pro or amateur, has the best ass on the planet? My vote goes to Victor Martinez. Close 2nd is Gustavo Badell. But not because of how that bootay looks on stage. Moreso, the way it fits in those jeans. My, My, My.
Attached Thumbnailshttp://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1149&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1234630259 (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1149&d=1234630259)

MUSCLE_MAFIA_PRINCESS
03-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Christina Tucci
single
Toronto, Ontario
Fitness Model switching over to Figure now..
Fashion designer ... but im on the road to becoming a Police Officer

Mags
03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Teresa from Cincy
Some of you may know from other boards as sixzebra.
Just switched back to bodybuilding from figure from bodybuilding :D
and am just starting pre-contest for a show (maybe) in June.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Teresa from Cincy
Some of you may know from other boards as sixzebra.
Just switched back to bodybuilding from figure from bodybuilding :D
and am just starting pre-contest for a show (maybe) in June.

I do remember you :)

Welcome to RX!

Mags
03-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I do remember you :)

Welcome to RX!
THanks, been lurking here for awhile, figured it was about time to join!

chris250
03-05-2009, 06:17 PM

FitSarah

I just want to say that FitSarah is a incredable wife and mother...She has her hands full with me and the kids, day in and out...Im very thankful that she is in my life and makes my life much easier every day...Not only does she have to work full time (over 50 hours each week) but she takes cares of our kids/me and still finds time to workout and do her cardio...Even though it might be midnight before she can even get her second cardio session in..LOL !!! She will be competing this year, at a few shows even if it means I dont get to do all my shows...I really believe she has something to offer to this industry and I want to make sure she get to do everything that is possiable for her to be the best...

I love ya

chris

LA girl
03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Lisa, 45 and an Operations Manager in Atlanta.I've always worked out but never really thought to much about nutrition, BB, Fitness or Figure. Not saying that I would never like to. I'm in need of some advice on my diet and workouts. I've been reading about you ladies (very impressive) and hope you don't mind all my questions. I'm 5'4" and as of today 105 lbs. (I'm usually 125 lbs. but since the flu I've lost this in 2 weeks) As far as my family... I'm married and have 4 cats and 2 dogs.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Lisa, 45 and an Operations Manager in Atlanta.I've always worked out but never really thought to much about nutrition, BB, Fitness or Figure. Not saying that I would never like to. I'm in need of some advice on my diet and workouts. I've been reading about you ladies (very impressive) and hope you don't mind all my questions. I'm 5'4" and as of today 105 lbs. (I'm usually 125 lbs. but since the flu I've lost this in 2 weeks) As far as my family... I'm married and have 4 cats and 2 dogs.

Welcome to RX Muscle! You are in the right place :)

FitSarah
03-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Chris-

Thank you baby, I appreciate that!! I appreciate all your support and putting up with me..You are the best training partner (and fiance) a woman could have!!!

Sarah

~Dayna~
03-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Dayna 29 Toronto I compete in bodybuilding been at it for 5 years first year I did power lifting next two I did figure and then started bodybuilding.

Fit_5"3
03-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi!
My name's Liz.
Live in Northern Cali.
I was a WABDL powerlifting competitor for several years and have transitioned to figure. I am currently 10 weeks out from the Oregon Ironman, May 16th.

I will do the Sac contest in November and that will be it for this year.

My hope is to compete on National stage by late 2010.

I'll start a journal where I'll put my dirt. Just wanted to say hello and I'm so glad this site is here!

"FAILING TO TRAIN IS TRAINING TO FAIL"

stephaniewicked
03-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Hey all!

I've been posting in here for a few days, so I thought it was time to introduce myself. :p

I'm Steph, 26 from central NJ. I work in business development at a pharmaceutical company by day and by night, I'm in school to obtain my esthetics license in cosmetology (to be completed June 2009).

I've been working out seriously for over a year and a half, during which time I have become more educated with regards to training and nutrition. My bf is a bodybuilder in the NPC and experiencing his prep and shows last year really inspired me, especially seeing all the beautiful women on stage with fantastic physiques. I kept working hard and eating right throughout 2008 and decided before the end of the year that I would like to try my hand at competitions in 2009. I'm currently just under 7 weeks out.

I recognize some names here from the MD forum (which I would lurk and sometimes post at), as well as a few other forums that I belong to. Thanks again to TammyP for directing me here. There's so much helpful information and advice and I'm glad to be here.

-xox.

ripcurlgirl
03-14-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm Kris, a total newbie! My husband started competing 8 years ago when he was "just gonna do one show". Our first date was a workout, and we actually got married in a gym, that sounds sick lol! Live in eastern WA, no kids, one 20 lb cat. I'm doing my first show in April. Something just clicked (oh maybe that was my 39th birhday, lol!), and I believed I could do it. He's taken a year off, so it's been all about me. It's a lot of fun, and I could easily get the bb bug.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Welcome to RXM :D

Anabolic1's_Girl
03-15-2009, 11:10 AM
My name is D, I am 25 years old, turn 26 on 4/3......not too excited. lol!
I have been an athlete all my life ranging from soccer, to basketball, to swimming, to volleyball, but my love was for softball. I am not a skinny minny girl and never will be. I have come to tersm with that and love my body now.
I want to start getting into figure. I know if I discipline myself enough I can. My fiance is into BB, but I don't want to get into that just yet. I have a wedding to plan therefore, I want to be as fit as I can for that 1st and for most.
I am originally from TX and migrated up to VA which I HATE! But I met my love here so I can't complain.
I am a financial consultant for a bank, but by night its off with the suit and into my comfortable clothes(gym clothes). I love to workout out, but my down falls are.......I love my wine as you can see and dieting and me don't get along. I love to eat and its not always the healthiest stuff, but I try.
I am one of the newbies and am loving this site already! :)

D

ms_moneypenny
03-19-2009, 08:12 PM
My name is leigh..I've encountered a few of you on other boards!! I'm from winnipeg< canada.

I have been competing for about 2 years. Last year was my first trip to canadian nationals, where I placed 6th!! My goal this year is to win over-all at provincials and improve my standing at nationals by 6 places...

i am a certified athletic therapist (athletic trainer for my american pals) and work at an awsome facility where I rehab injuries of many of the top athletes (pro & am) of my city.

i love being in the gym, learning new things about training and all the great peeps i've encountered thanks to this sport!

playmate
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Hello my name is Bridget I'm 36 yrs. old married and have 3 children. I am a nurse by trade and have recently decided I want to compete over the course of the last year I have lost 66Lbs. still have alot to go and alot of training to go but with help I will get there. Nice to meet everyone.:D

sassy69
03-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Hi!
My name's Liz.
Live in Northern Cali.
I was a WABDL powerlifting competitor for several years and have transitioned to figure. I am currently 10 weeks out from the Oregon Ironman, May 16th.

I will do the Sac contest in November and that will be it for this year.

My hope is to compete on National stage by late 2010.

I'll start a journal where I'll put my dirt. Just wanted to say hello and I'm so glad this site is here!

"FAILING TO TRAIN IS TRAINING TO FAIL"

Hey girl! I've got a friend who is shooting for the Sac as his first show so we'll be there! Remind me as we get closer to the show and we'll have to say hi!

Bronwyn
03-23-2009, 05:36 AM
Hi all,
I am 29, Middle (Eastern) Europe.

I always say I am trying to be a bodybuilder - I compete several years (both bodybuilding and Figure) but still I was not ripped enough and good enough to be called bodybuilder to myself.

2007 I was competing on Universe NAC in bodybuilding (biggest accomplishment - I have still no idea how I got there :D ). In 2008 I almost died because of kidney infection - now I am trying to make a comeback in NABBA in Summer 2009. I will see.

I am reading this forum mostly. :wavey:

fitmomma3
03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
What's up ladies! My name is Stephanie and some of you may remember me from MD although I haven't posted in quite some time... I've been competing since I was 20 and taken breaks here and there whether to bear children or put on muscle or just tend to family I hope though to compete till I can't walk on stage anymore it's such a nice balance in my life. I no longer have time to hang out on boards like I use to :( but hope to be more involved as I'm loving the environment HERE!!

My last show was in NOV 07 and was planning on competing at Jr Nats in 08 but very unfortunate personal medical issues didn't allow that to happen and long story short it bummed me out and set me back a bit but not enough to hold me down! Although competing is not on my front burner right now it is always in the back of my mind and as the dust settles will be at the forefront again!

dvsness
03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fitmomma3
03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
WHAT"S UP LOVEY!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say I haven't really "missed" the boards but I miss my GIRLS!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see a thriving women's section with info and FUN!

Angela123
03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
holy fuck. i just shit myself. lol. steph, you know you missed my swearing and bluntness. omg!!! i cant believe you are here. i am so excited about all of this! lol

dvsness
03-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Glad to see you're here. :) I do miss your long winded (but thought provoking) posts and hope to see some again soon.

I hope to see you more frequently, though I get that it can't be as it used to be.

NPCfigure
03-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey: Glad you see your doing well!!!! Nice to see you post! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Jill

Kitty Kat
03-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Chicas,
My name is Katherynne. I know a few of you from other boards, and I am glad to see you ladies here as well.
My first show in figure was INBF 2007, then decided to give the NPC a try in 2008.
Looking forward to knowing more about women that share my passion. Hope you all are having a wonderfull day.

mia
03-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Hello lovely ladies. I'm Mia, from the UK, love the new site, and look forward to picking your brains in the future :)

Angela123
03-28-2009, 04:35 PM
hey kat and mia...welcome. kat...i didnt know you started out as INBF. i learn something new everyday haha. good luck at your shows this year. im a big fan of your physique...i cant wait to see you on a national stage. you have a great structure for figure. you are going to do great.

fitmomma3
03-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey: Glad you see your doing well!!!! Nice to see you post! Hope everyone is doing well!!

JillHI JILL!! aLL IS WELL HERE! hOW ARE YOU? cATCH ME UP :)

fitmomma3
03-30-2009, 09:39 AM
holy fuck. i just shit myself. lol. steph, you know you missed my swearing and bluntness. omg!!! i cant believe you are here. i am so excited about all of this! lolLMFAO!!!!!!! Hey girl that was classic ondrea :wavey: and I see you are very at home in your 18 and over section lol I will have to frequent!!

sweetjane57
04-04-2009, 04:50 AM
:wavey: the name is Natalie, not jane, that's just a username that I can't explain.....lol.
Diggin' the site.

oklahomeskillet
04-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Leah from Texas (went to school in OK, hence the handle), just qualified for national-level competition last summer and looking forward to getting onstage again!

I work and train at Bonny Priest's gym...weeeeee!

captaincardio58
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Zach form Philly ha just wanted to stop by and say hi, im a huge fan of women bodybuilding (no im not a schmoe ha)... wish all you ladies the best of luck in 09 whos competing this year?

NPCfigure
04-10-2009, 04:31 PM
HI JILL!! aLL IS WELL HERE! hOW ARE YOU? cATCH ME UP :)

All is going well:) Had a rough spot last summer (ovarian cancer) but I am back at it...and 13 weeks out today for my show..diet starts next Sat. Other than that, same ole, same ole.....How are you???? and the kids?? Hope your all ok! Missed you!!

redline777
04-11-2009, 12:32 PM

Hi Nancy, just want to say you are a babe!!! :beerbang:

MsGuns
04-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey all!

I've been posting in here for a few days, so I thought it was time to introduce myself. :p

I'm Steph, 26 from central NJ. I work in business development at a pharmaceutical company by day and by night, I'm in school to obtain my esthetics license in cosmetology (to be completed June 2009).

I've been working out seriously for over a year and a half, during which time I have become more educated with regards to training and nutrition. My bf is a bodybuilder in the NPC and experiencing his prep and shows last year really inspired me, especially seeing all the beautiful women on stage with fantastic physiques. I kept working hard and eating right throughout 2008 and decided before the end of the year that I would like to try my hand at competitions in 2009. I'm currently just under 7 weeks out.

I recognize some names here from the MD forum (which I would lurk and sometimes post at), as well as a few other forums that I belong to. Thanks again to TammyP for directing me here. There's so much helpful information and advice and I'm glad to be here.

-xox.

Im from Central jersey too...
Im from Tinton Falls, where are you from?

stephaniewicked
04-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Im from Central jersey too...
Im from Tinton Falls, where are you from?

Ohh, I've been dying to check out the new outlets over there ever since they opened in November! :D

I'm a little bit north of you in Milltown (near North/East Brunswick).

LittleChris
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Hello all!!!
My name is Chris. single, never married, no kids, college graduate. I am new to this board but am a member at the other boards under my same username. i am 6 foot 1 inches, 225 lbs, about 8% bf. i plan to compete next year. id like to step on stage at around 230-235 lbs lbs. bodybuilding is my life, i LOOOVE to train and talk about training and nutrition. i can do it all day every day!! id like to meet people with my same interests as there are no "hardcore" people at my gym, and im a member at a few gyms here in town (central california). i also have a myspace (who doesnt?) hit me up if ya want, ive already added a few of you. thnx. ttys.
-Chris

http://www.myspace.com/strongbodynow

msclecargrl
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey Girlies,
I am Kely currently live in SFLA, looking forward to competing at NPC Nationals this year, Have a Dashound-Hotdog "Gus Gus" cuttest ever, a Bull-Terrier Hershal soo cute and Love muscle cars. I have a 1979 Z-28 Camaro I restored and rebuilt back In MA where I am currently from. I was in an extremely bad car crash last year in my mini cooper S. I only bring this up because I shouldnt be here today. I was hospitalised after racing @ highest speed of 105 Hit 3 telephone poles and skid another 560 ft. I have a purpose here and hope that all us successful muscle girls take it for granted and never give up, keep strong and focus on what is most important to you! ;)

I am super happy 22yr old F. In school for Physical Therapy and such an animal lover.

Love to keep in touch with everyone!

Gerri Davis
05-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Gerri Davis here! National competitor since 2002...nice to be here! :wavey:

TheMrs
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Well ladies I am here to learn. I am new to fitness. I have been training for almost a year and have lost almost 20% BF and have about 8% left to go. I am training to be healthy for my kids. I am a 35 year old stay at home mom and my hubby (Sparky) and I just invested in our small town's gym. I just finished my test to get my personal trainers certificate. Been married 12 years and have 6 beautiful children, 2 cats and a really cool dog. We live in a small town in Northern California. Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning to be the most fit I can be and to train other ladies to love fit bodies as well.:beerbang:

Anabolic1's_Girl
05-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Well ladies I am here to learn. I am new to fitness. I have been training for almost a year and have lost almost 20% BF and have about 8% left to go. I am training to be healthy for my kids. I am a 35 year old stay at home mom and my hubby (Sparky) and I just invested in our small town's gym. I just finished my test to get my personal trainers certificate. Been married 12 years and have 6 beautiful children, 2 cats and a really cool dog. We live in a small town in Northern California. Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning to be the most fit I can be and to train other ladies to love fit bodies as well.:beerbang:

6 kids, 20% BF.....you go girl!

tammyp
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
welcome! 6 kids....wow kudos to you!

MsGuns
05-27-2009, 12:04 PM

WoW 6 kids...MOMS ROCK!

Xyleese
05-31-2009, 06:47 AM
Hi Guys

my name is Xyleese im 37 and im from the UK been training with weights since 2006 and attempted to compete in figure but failed lol too much muscle for that class, so 5 months later in 2007 did my first bodybuilding competition and managed to qualify for the UK nationals were i placed 3rd. 2008 i place 2nd at the UK nationals. im now preping for 2009 nationals in the womens over 55kg class. looking so forward to it. love dieting love cardio. may i add i was in the labour room carbing up holding my daughters inlaws hand as she bought my beautifull grand daughter codie-rae in to this world. So this yr i can carb up in peace lol. il try and put a avatar pic up but im rubbish at it so if anyone can help please give me a shout.

Becka
06-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey Hey Xyleese! good to see you on here hon!

My name is Rebecca I am 24 and am training for my first competition set at the beginning of next yr. Photographer and Graphic Designer, love incorporating this sport in my photography. Continue to meet all these beautiful Female Bodybuilders and network myself as much as possible and create some fantastic shoots to help promote female bodybuilding

Julezz
06-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey all , My name is Julie and Im 42. Ive been training for 20 years and still love it. I have done 15 shows some natural and some NPC. Iam a mom of two daughters and have 3 grandchildren, Yes I started young. I have two pets on Bullmastif pup(not a pup hes 4) but he is still my pup, and one columbian boa she is going on 11 years and is about 7 and 1/2 feet tall. Iam married to my best friend and we are both surgical nurses, however Im back in school to be a Nurse Practitioner or Physcians assistant. I live in Reno Nevada and love it. This site ROCKS!!

Jennie Verdi Hendricks
06-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi all!
I'm Jennie, 27 year old figure competitor from NY.
I'm in the thick of training/dieting for the North Americans and Team U.
I'm new to the forum scene and look forward to meeting many of you! :D

4evrstroud
06-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone! I am sure several of you know me from sioux or from shows, I just wanted to go ahead and post on here since I have a little bit more time now :)

RX muscle team has been absolutely fabulous and I am very excited for them!!

AngelinaBella
07-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Im A from NY, PA and recently started training and working my legs and abs hard...I have a corporate job but love the fitness aspect of life...My bf told me all about this site and I absolutely love it...Its so nice to have a place where girls can come together and talk, and learn from one another...

LisaRD23
07-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey!! I found my why over here through StephanieWicked….I’m active on a few other boards as well. I’ve been into weight training for a few years…a lot of trial and error!! But I finally got my ish together, teamed up with a great online coach/trainer and I competed in my first show this weekend.

I was also featured on bodybuilding.com last fall under female transformation of the week, I talk about my experiences a bit in the article.

Here’s a link:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lisa_romero.htm

Oh...my last name has since changed:)

stephaniewicked
07-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeahhhh! Welcome Lisa!! :)

tammyp
07-02-2009, 05:58 PM
welcome girls! please dont be lurkers!:)

andreag
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
hey! ive been posting already & just saw this thread...lol Ooops :D
so far im lovin rx boards. alot of support here and great info. i use to stay away from the boards because there was so much bashing & negativity but doesnt look like that here.

so here i am...34 yrs old, living in NYC, used to compete in figure but now im competing in bodybuilding and loving it! hope to meet many of you at future shows! :beerbang:

slumcookie
07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey girls, my name is Lisa... 23 years old... I'm just starting out in this crazy world of hoping to compete in figure next year at some point. I have such a long way to go but I know I can do it.
I lurk on this fourm alot because there's such a wealth of information, I'm spending all my time studying and learning! It's nice to be in a place where other women have each other's back.

sbfigure
07-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Hello girls! My name is Samantha... 23 years old... been competing since 2007. started in Natural INBF, then stepped on stage at Atlantic States in 08 and placed 4th in my class. I was going to compete this year, but school got to be a little too difficult and I have to focus more attention there... and i also want to work on my "problem areas". I will get on stage next year, 2010 at Eastern USAs @ the Tribecca.

sbfigure
07-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Ohh, I've been dying to check out the new outlets over there ever since they opened in November! :D

I'm a little bit north of you in Milltown (near North/East Brunswick).

They are really nice!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Michael Kors outlet:bowdown:... but they are sadly missing a coach outlet... but I did discover one of those on the way to Belmar... so its not too much further.. just a couple exits south!!!

Lin
07-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi I'm Linda from UK age 39 owner & keeper of 2 young adults :D

schullax
07-21-2009, 12:49 AM
i'm not too keen on giving out my name and location online, due to some bad past experiences.... so i'll just say that i am currently overweight... i have a background as an equestrian, i used to bodybuild in highschool, was always pretty athletic, until i graduated... then i have steadily ballooned up, have lost weight and gained it back.. and now i'm at my heaviest around 400lb.. :eek: i'm 5'8, goal weight is 150 or so... give or take 20 pounds. lol i don't really know what i'm supposed to weigh, but that's just the goal for now. i'm 25 years old, female and want to drop the fat and get the body i've always dreamed of... which of course has muscles! when i was in HS i loved bodybuilding, so i want to get back to it.. once i get back to a weight where i can ride horses again, i want to do that as well.. i am also interested in rock climbing, sky diving, learning how to ballroom dance and i want to be uber flexible and strong. i'm not concerned with loose skin or whatever right now, because it's kind of stupid to worry about my skin when i am as fat as i am. lol i will get it cut off or do whatever i need to do when that time comes around, but for the moment, i don't really care. getting HEALTHY is the main concern for me! if i can build a nice body on the way, then why not?

i have 1 dog, he's a pyranees.. i definitely recommend the breed to anyone, because mine has brought me an immeasurable amount of joy. he will be 9 years old this october, and he still looks like the little 17 lb fur ball my dad brought home for christmas almost 10 years ago!.. except now he is about 100 lb.. lol funny thing.. i can keep my dog in shape, but i'm a fat ass.. :mad: chaps my ass. i don't know why it is like that. lol but i'm working on it! (probably love him more than i love myself)

um... i'm definitely into natural medicine, natural cures for stuff, organic meats and produce... i love baking stuff and cooking in general. lol i can make a plethora of types of food... thai, indian, korean, chinese, japanese, mexican, middle eastern dishes, raw, vegan, vegetarian, etc.. i'm not much for hamburgers and hot dogs, i hate spaghetti and most pasta dishes... i have never been normal in any regard, be it with food or my taste in guys or whatever... as for food, i prefer some kind of rich curry dish or spicy korean food over mcdonald's any day... um.. i support legalized marijuana, but don't smoke it. it's such a useful plant! you can make rope, clothing, gas, etc with it.. it's also healthy and extremely nutritious to eat the sprouts, nuts and oil... i don't know why it's illegal! pot heads are generally on the slimmer side as well!

i want to become a farmer and own a ranch. i would LOVE to be able to grow my own food. i'm very interested in sustainable agriculture and sustainable living, and not having to rely on electricity so much (or at all)... i'm pretty traditional.. i like simple stuff.. i'm a penny pincher.. i don't have any kind of debt.. i own my own business.. i am happy overall.. i've done a lot of cool stuff in my lifetime.. and plan to do a lot more!

i have an affinity for astronomy, i love science fiction, slapstick comedy and documentaries.. i am divorced, and have no interest in dating or anything like that right now (don't know if i ever will!).. i have no children.. like many, i am not too fond of them.. i don't mind them in small doses, but i can't see myself being the one to change all the diapers and get out of bed to go take care of them when they're crying and all that... i like my sleep! lol

um.. i'm pretty independent.. i have a knack for foreign languages... currently learning to speak japanese and hebrew... i'm very religious (messianic)- but that does not mean that i am judgmental... lol it's not my job to judge anyone, so i try not to. of course we all slip up sometimes.. but i guess what i'm trying to say is that i am not a narrow minded person that thinks everyone's going to hell for whatever reason. i'm definitely not perfect myself, so i can't sit there and judge you!

someday, i'd like to learn how to play classical piano and guitar.. i've always wanted to learn how to play bass, too.. but one thing at a time!!! :D

my family are all pretty big and strong.. my dad's side is short and stocky (but my dad is 5'11 lol!).. and my mom's are tall and statuesque (but she is 5'5 lol!)... i have aunts that are 6' tall.. and relatives on both sides are very strong. i have natural bodybuilding genetics. example: my great grandfather used to work in a coal mine in kentucky.. he shoveled 18 tons of coal per DAY, and there are receipts to prove it!.. also, a lot of my uncles have been green berets.. one even guarded the white house.. my dad was an 82nd airborn paratrooper, and just happened to be roomates with mike ashley when they were in the army (see pic below) so he learned a lot about bodybuilding and stuff from him.. :)

http://www.natural-muscle-mass.com/images/mike-ashley.jpg

And there ya go! lol I could go on, but who really cares? :peace:

MsGuns
07-21-2009, 12:50 AM
WoW skullax...

schullax
07-21-2009, 12:54 AM
WoW skullax...

LOL what? i got carried away. :emb:

ActionTan
07-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Tan - from Manchester in the UK. 39 years young and planning on competing in my 40th year....better late than never lol! Love lifting, love life and just taking life as a ride!!! Enjoy the ups as well as the downs!

devil's_daughter
07-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker....
Was sent over this way by the fabulous Sassy

Powerlifter going for my first meet in Nov.
South Texas... in the damn heat!

sassy69
07-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Lurker....
Was sent over this way by the fabulous Sassy

Powerlifter going for my first meet in Nov.
South Texas... in the damn heat!

:wavey: Hey DD! Welcome to RX!

LiftingQT
07-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Jess, 26 and in Minnesota now. Work as a RN, not married and single. No pets as I'm on the go all the time and a little gypsy always visitng friends here and there. I HATE sitting around.

Born and raised in Fargo, ND and moved here 2 years ago. I have been in the gym since 14 years old and started competing at 19. First show was the '02 NPC Teen Nationals and then back down to the local level doing four more shows between Fargo and Minneapolis. I haven't competed since '07 and getting ready for another show in November. I've always done it just for fun but this time taking it a bit more serious and seeing what I can produce. Still a natty and not sure what I really want to do with it other then enjoy it as a hobby for now.

khobs01
08-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi I'm Kim, a super newby! My husband who does competetive bodybuilding encouraged me to come on and I'm glad I did as I have learned great things already. I am 43, have 3 kids in college, 2 schnauzers, and a great supportive husband. I have not done a show like you all but have been working out with my husband for 11 years. We live in Florida, moved here from South Dakota, so girls out there in the cold and snowy areas I know what it's like and do not miss it!! Glad to be a part and look forward to learning more!!

MsGuns
08-02-2009, 09:19 PM
LOL what? i got carried away. :emb:

yeah "not keen on giving on info" and you wrote a novel...smile

MsGuns
08-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Welcome newbies...
We have sports trivia
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=10228&page=127

A few games:
RX Muscle Forums
RX Muscle Forums
Word Play Sports Version - RX Muscle Forums

Some celeb info:
RX Muscle Forums

tflexxin
08-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi I'm Kim, a super newby! My husband who does competetive bodybuilding encouraged me to come on and I'm glad I did as I have learned great things already. I am 43, have 3 kids in college, 2 schnauzers, and a great supportive husband. I have not done a show like you all but have been working out with my husband for 11 years. We live in Florida, moved here from South Dakota, so girls out there in the cold and snowy areas I know what it's like and do not miss it!! Glad to be a part and look forward to learning more!!

She's pretty good to look at too!! :bowdown::bowdown:

Catarina W
08-03-2009, 11:30 PM
My name's Catarina and Dan Ray told me about this site. I was lurking for a while, but now I'm addicted, so I figured to join in :)

SallyAnne
08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Hello, and welcome aboard! This site is addictive. ;)

Ninja Loco
08-04-2009, 12:17 AM
My name is Ninja Jose Felipe Lopez Gutierrez Ramirez Guzman Batista de La Mancha Loco. Millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

LauraW
08-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums. I am a new NPC Bikini competitor. I have been to 2 state shows so far and already love competing. I am going to the national Team U show in NY. I've never been to NY or a national show. I am so excited. Open to all advice.

Laura

magichands
08-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone! I am registered massage therapist from the east coast of Canada and I am just getting back into fitness. While I will never be capable of the dedication that you ladies (and my musclehead sweetie) have to fitness, I make my career out of muscles and the human body. I have such admiration and respect for you ladies and (in my professional opinion) find what you do fascinating. I know everything there is to know about anatomy and a great deal about physiology so if anyone has any questions and is willing to trust a pencilneck:p, feel free to ask me! :)

InHonorInMind
08-19-2009, 12:57 PM
HI, I'm Christy (my friends call me CJ) from Walnut Creek, CA...haven't competed yet but would definetly like to in the future. Right now just focusing on getting as lean as possible. This board is so far the BEST board for ladies that I've found. You chicks are BADASS and I admire and respect you all!!! Please forgive me when I ask dumb questions in the future....still learning! ;)

BadassRoxx
08-31-2009, 02:53 PM
HI, I'm Roxanne. I've been competing 4 14yrs & typing 4 2mos.(so pls 4give the typos). I was given a Q&A 2 get more exposure bc I wouldn't talk, & now I won't shut up. I only meet my sisters in competition, it's been gr8 2 meet U guys online, makes me feel like I'm not so alone anymore & that's a comfort. Oh yeah, I'm 44, no kids, single, 2 dogs(MUsashi & Kenji), & I live in BK, NY. Let the party begin!

blu2xtreme
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
New on here - belong to a few other muscle forums - love muscle
Still new to lifting heavy - only lifting since Feb 09
Lost a crazy scary about of weight then started lifting- love it and want more muscle - looking foward learning even more.

little d
10-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Hi Ladies.. Nilsa Anderson here. I have been posting on this site occasionally.
I live in Illinois, I started competing 4.5 years ago. I am a BB lightweight, 4"10, I compete at 100Lb on stage. I look forward to adding more lean mass.

I did my first National show This year and did pretty good for my first time.
I was heavy for many years after my kids, it took me 2 years to lose the weight. Ran into an old high school friend at the store and she exclaimed and I quote "Boy did you get fat!". Well, I was horrified as you can imagine!
Joined the gym that day! But I felt I needed to lose weight before I went in. Sound familiar? So, I tried but it didn't work. I went to the gym that January, 5 months later. 2 years later I was 104 with no muscle.

I was inspired by the BB's I used to watch and eventually tip toed into the weight room. Boy was that scary! I listened to everyone. The people at the gym became like family. We all helped each other. Without them I would probably still be were I was. I owe them a lot! That was 10 years ago I went into bodybuilding.. where has the time gone? LOL's

I am now a personal trainer, and will be opening my own studio soon. I have met some wonderful people in this sport and look forward to meeting more people and sharing experiences.

henry5299
11-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Hi,my name's Peter and I'm an aussie who lives in Perth, Western Australia.

loreall27
03-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi ladies!! My name is Allyssa Lorenz...from La Crosse, Wisconsin. Im in my junior year at Viterbo University for nursing! I have been competing for a year now in the bikini divsion.. i hope to move up to figure in the next year or two! Absolutely love it! Its been so much fun!! I competed at the at gopher state in MN and Junior Nationals in chicago IL. Im getting ready for a show this May!

sassy69
03-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi ladies!! My name is Allyssa Lorenz...from La Crosse, Wisconsin. Im in my junior year at Viterbo University for nursing! I have been competing for a year now in the bikini divsion.. i hope to move up to figure in the next year or two! Absolutely love it! Its been so much fun!! I competed at the at gopher state in MN and Junior Nationals in chicago IL. Im getting ready for a show this May!

Welcome! Good luck in May!

melohh
05-10-2010, 12:30 PM
hey ladies.. my name is melody.. i'm new to the boards. my boyfriend said i should definitely take a look in here because you girls know your stuff! i'm looking to tone up a bit so i can't wait to start learning from you guys :)

sassy69
05-10-2010, 01:39 PM
hey ladies.. my name is melody.. i'm new to the boards. my boyfriend said i should definitely take a look in here because you girls know your stuff! i'm looking to tone up a bit so i can't wait to start learning from you guys :)

Welcome to RX Mel! What are your goals? Do you have some certain questions we can answer?

melohh
05-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Welcome to RX Mel! What are your goals? Do you have some certain questions we can answer?

Well for the past 5 or 6 months I have been working out with my bf and completely changed ny diet. (btw he's on here too his name is lartinos). Anyway, I lost sone weight and gained some muscle and I look pretty good, but my problem areas are my arms and my lower stomach. I weigh around 130 but I want to be around 120. I feel like I do so much cardio bur I'm not getting the results I want. I also eat well but sometimes I tend to over eat because I think "well this food is good for me so I can eat a lot of it!", when really that's probably not the case lol. Any tips on eating properly and working our my arms and stomach would be terrific! Thanks in advance!! :)

sassy69
05-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Well for the past 5 or 6 months I have been working out with my bf and completely changed ny diet. (btw he's on here too his name is lartinos). Anyway, I lost sone weight and gained some muscle and I look pretty good, but my problem areas are my arms and my lower stomach. I weigh around 130 but I want to be around 120. I feel like I do so much cardio bur I'm not getting the results I want. I also eat well but sometimes I tend to over eat because I think "well this food is good for me so I can eat a lot of it!", when really that's probably not the case lol. Any tips on eating properly and working our my arms and stomach would be terrific! Thanks in advance!! :)

Sounds like you're off to a good start! First, you can't "spot reduce" so dont' spend thousands of hours training abs & arms. Another thing is that "how you look" is a balance between bodyfat and muscle mass - I'm guessing probably don't have "fat arms" as much as you don't have a lot of lean muscle mass on your arms. And the ab thing - the final and ultimate truth is that abs are made in the kitchen. The ab muscle group is there, but you're probably carrying a higher concentration of bodyfat there (and this isn't unique to you - but rather is more an effect of estrogen in general).

Can you list out what is your typical day's meal plan so we have an idea of what you are eating? Many people say "I eat clean" or "I eat good" but that doesn't really tell me much about what you are REALLY eating. If youc an list like:

Meal 1: 8 am
1/2 c oatmeal
1 whole egg + 2 egg whties

Meal 2: 11 am
2 scoops protein mix + water

etc

And then if you put that into a food counts program like www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com), that will tell you the total calories and macronutrient breakdown (%, grams of fat, protein, carbs) you're eating. There's no "right" or "wrong" diet, but rather just small tweaks to optimize what you are doing.

If you want you can start your own thread so the discussino doesn't get lost in the Introduce yourself thread.

babytatten
05-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi ladies! I'm an occasional lurker here, and thought I should finally introduce myself. This is my 5th year competing in Figure. I placed 4th in my class at the Arnold Amateur this year, and just recently won my height class at the Lehigh Valley show. As of tomorrow, I'm only 6 weeks out from Team Universe!

tammyp
05-30-2010, 06:07 AM
welcome ladies! please dont be shy and post away...no lurking!

tight booty
05-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Welcome ladies, please make yourself at home! :)

Chicago_Mimi
06-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks for allowing me on this board. I’m Meredith (AKA Mimi), and have been an advocate for female bodybuilding for years. I mostly hang out on AmazOns, but found this recently, and really enjoy the scene here.

A little more about me... I’m here in Chicago, and have been a Flight Attendant for almost 14 years now. I guess some would say that’s my career, but I look at it as my "job" as theater, writing, and art are more my true passions in life. I’m really considering leaving the airline industry for good.

My nickname Mimi came from my beloved Aunt years ago. I have NO clue how she derived Mimi from my full name. LOL, but it’s cute... or so at least I hope it is. ;)

As for my advocacy for female BB’ing, it’s more about getting people to open their minds to the beauty and acceptance of women with muscle. My first edification was when I was dating a trainer, and I happened to watch her teach a class at our Y, and we could clearly see the kids were confused by my GF’s mass and size. It was an eye opening experience to see how our society and people in general are "taught" to believe that power and muscle is solely a "men’s only" club. I saw the human side to BB’ing that day, and not just the physical side. I ALWAYS compliment a FBB anytime I am in public... plus... well, we gals love hearing compliments, don't we? ;)

I also get the question if I am a bodybuilder. Although I seriously considered it a few years ago, I stayed with my curves.

Looking forward to hanging out here!

Peace and Love,

~Mimi

nicoledominique
06-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Hello! My name is Nicole and I live in Manitoba, Canada - Although I am originally from Alberta and miss it terribly! :(

I was always overweight growing up -- been called every name in the book from "fat" to "tubby"...you name it! In high school I started attempting to work out and lost most of my fat by doing cardio and eating somewhat healthy.

In university, I though I might want to try a career as a police officer (not what I do today!), so I started working on my strength training. That's when I fell in love with building muscle, and became interested in bodybuilding.

I've been lifting seriously since 2005. LOVE weight training and want to get BIGGER! I hope to learn a lot from you ladies.

No plans on competing (stage fright!)

FBBFan
06-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Hello! My name is Nicole and I live in Manitoba, Canada - Although I am originally from Alberta and miss it terribly! :(

I was always overweight growing up -- been called every name in the book from "fat" to "tubby"...you name it! In high school I started attempting to work out and lost most of my fat by doing cardio and eating somewhat healthy.

In university, I though I might want to try a career as a police officer (not what I do today!), so I started working on my strength training. That's when I fell in love with building muscle, and became interested in bodybuilding.

I've been lifting seriously since 2005. LOVE weight training and want to get BIGGER! I hope to learn a lot from you ladies.

No plans on competing (stage fright!)
Welcome :hmn:

san4os
06-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Hi girls!
My name Alex!
you know... I have a problem with my body (weight)!
my stomach grows up. :no:

what to do??? but I DO NOT WANT DIET :dunno:

kentuckyslim
06-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone, I'm finally going to stop lurking and introduce myself...

My name is Becky, I'm currently training for my first bikini comp in August.

I'm excited, but super anxious...six weeks to go!

Sledge
06-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Welcome Alex and Becky. Join on in and have a good time.

TGandsey
10-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Taylor and i live in Oregon. I have competed in 2 figure competitions so far and plan on competing again in April at the Emerlad cup in Washington. My plan is to put on 5-10lbs of muscle hopefully while staying as lean as possibe, I eat clean all year so thats not an issue!! If anyone has any advice or personal experience with needing to put on weight feel free to let me know. Im definatly a hardgainer, during my last lean down i was only doing 5 hours of cardio a week and still eatin 1800 calories!

Sunnyday
11-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking around the site for months and finally got up the nerve to introduce myself here.

I'm a mom of 3. I used to be a chemist until I stopped working in '07 after the birth of my second child. Last year, after weaning my 3rd child, I decided I was out of excuses and needed to get back in the gym. It took me 6 months of knocking myself senseless on my own until I finally admitted defeat (that I didn't know how to take my fitness to the next level) and met with a decent trainer in May of this year. He helped me with nutrition and training, with the goal being to look like a figure competitor (even if I never set foot on stage). I was already eating clean but paid no attention to total calories or macro breakdown, so it was no wonder I wasn't putting on any muscle. I did a nutritional overhaul going from very little protein/day to 50%P, 20%C, 30%F and a weekly cheat. I absolutely love eating this way and have from the start. So it's been 6 months of hard work and I guess I must be starting to look the part: last week one of the trainers (a former national level fitness competitor) encouraged me to think seriously about competing!

I started taking progress pics about a month ago that I hope to eventually post in a training journal. One of these days I guess I should also check my weight (been boycotting the scale since July!) and my bf. Maybe not. I've found my progress increased dramatically when I stopped checking my weight/bf constantly and started relying on the tape measure and how I look in the mirror to direct my training.

I don't know that I'll ever have what it takes to make it on stage (mostly due to time constraints of caring for 3 kids and a husband with a broken back (literally)), but I can't tell you how much you ladies have inspired me in my own training (who knows, maybe I'll even start a training journal). For now I just love training hard and living vicariously through all of you who make it to the stage!

Sunny

cjd2480
12-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi ladies,

I have been unintentionally lurking as well and thought I should introduce myself. I'm Cheryl and this is my first year competing in figure. I love it! Lovely to meet you all and I'll check back often for new tips and stuff because this site has been really helpful in prepping for my first two shows. I will be doing the Arnold Amateur in March and really looking forward to it and hopefully getting to meet some of you there :)

Ciao,
Cheryl