PDA

View Full Version : Wsm 2009!

tjoe
06-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Well the Arnold is done and Derek is Champ.
Now Fortissimus is over and Zydrunas is top dog.
One more to go this year: Worlds Strongest Man!

HOPEFULLY we will see the top 3 names (in my mind anyway) Derek, Z and Mariusz.

This is from Mariusz' web site and translated by google:

Pudzian prepares to fight!
For some time nothing is heard of Mr. performances.
Mariusz Pudzianowski: - Zaszyłem be at home in the White Rawskiej and focused on training. At home I have all the instruments needed for the exercises, a small gym and jacuzzi for wellness. I do not see the sense to move out of here.

I understand that the silence before the storm with a hermit Rawskiej White ...
- Developed the plan for the preparation of the five world championships and consistently implement it, training four hours a day. I intend to win the title of world's strongest man for the sixth time. I am aware that the fight against the Americans is not strong przelewki. I need it to be optimally prepared.

Where will the championship?
- In South Africa. In this their finest hour, I would like to ordain another triumph.

Previously, anywhere you do not start?
- Check your opportunities at the beginning of July in the European championship to be held in Bartoszycach near the border with Russia.

Where did the idea played in there for employment?
- We will not be there for the first time. Mayor of the town, very friendly sport, able to ensure that the organization and atmosphere. I am sure that a great Winning an unprecedented following the event, which will be like the public.

What next?
- Go to Riga on the World Cup games. Not take on the winner of the last duel of giants - Christopher Radzikowskiego. Probably occur in a number of demonstration events, and moves to Africa to defend the world title athlete.

I understand that there is no longer Mr boli and you are ready to fight for one hundred percent?
- Yes, well it is not already. Save injured hand. I believe that it is efficient at 80 percent. With the knee to make the handling of Dr. Krochmalskiego I have like new. Przysiady burdens are again not a problem for me.

Terminator repaired in Lodz
Creator pioneering treatments, Marek Krochmalski orthopedist, a sports career was saved by Mariusz Pudzianowskiego.

When Mariusz Pudzianowski broke right biceps muscle, I thought that's the end of his career strongmana. Thanks again doktorowi Mark Krochmalskiemu training bears to 250 kg.

World's strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski on the operating table felt like a Terminator movie, which you can play the body.

- Woke up during surgery, where a week earlier zerwanego biceps blood ran profusely. Minute after injection stopped abruptly, as if someone zakręcił cock - strongman, and recalls celebryta. - Then on the morning goiła me like dog.

60 kg, and tears in the eyes

Feb. 28 at the duel of giants in Lodz, the professions, in which Strongmen are grappling with niewyobrażalnymi loads, Pudzianowski broke right biceps muscle. Trailers on the whole surface of the muscle was cut from the bone. Strongman was convinced that it ended his career, especially since it was another concussion. - Previously struggled with knee pain and congested with tears in their eyes przysiady done with barbells weighing only 60 kg. No help or a magnetic field, or cryotherapy - says.

March 4 Pudzianowski was overburdened treatment biceps and knees. After six weeks he returned to the gym and began preparing for the world championships in September in the mighty Sun City in South Africa. Today smoothly bears 250 kg per training and intends to win the title again.

The first was to be Simon Kołecki

His revival owes Marek Mariusz Pudzianowski Krochmalskiemu, 61-year old ortopedzie from Lodz, and his novel method of implanting stem cells in diseased tissue.

- For more than 20 years struggling to cope with changes przeciążeniowymi and sometimes I am completely helpless - Doctor admits Krochmalski. - Health problems occur when tissues are subjected to extreme and lose the ability przeciążeniom self. Under the influence of those forces become less plastic and can be, for example, zwapnieniu.

Scientists have discovered that the ability to repair diseased tissues in the body to stem cells, which arise in the bone marrow. They are in every tissue, but they can be most easily obtained from blood.

- The method is safe for the patient - doctor stresses Wiszniewska Elizabeth Gauer-Capital Institute of Hematology and Transfuzjologii, which Krochmalski collaborated to create a new method of treatment. - Getting the patient's own cells from peripheral blood for many years is a recognized way to mobilize cells for autoprzeszczepów. The material is controlled in terms of bacteriological, derived from a patient and his administration not to kill the infection or the generation of antibodies.

Pudzianowski zerwanym muscle comes from the Institute, where for three hours was connected to a separator cell, through which three przetoczono his blood. Przepływała by a device, resembling the operation of strainer, where osadzały stem cells. On the same day strongmena transferred to a private clinic in Lodz and Krochmalskiego undergone surgery.

So far, stem cells were used primarily to treat diseases of blood and heart muscle. Krochmalski tried to use them in orthopedics.

- My first patient was to be Simon Kołecki (silver medal winner in increasing the burden on the games in Beijing - red), but when I got the agreement of the ethics committee to carry out a pilot program in ten people Pudzianowski broke the biceps muscle. Thus went on the table before Kołeckim - Krochmalski mention.

His method łódzki a medical doctor, presented in mid-June at the International Congress of Sports Traumatology and Artroskopii of Central and Eastern Europe. - We have a sign that the treatment helped a single patient, but you have to watch the treated at least two years to be able to draw general conclusions - said prof. Dariusz Witoński, Head of Department of Clinical and Reconstructive Surgery of the knee Artroskopowej, Medical University of Lodz. - If the pilot is successful, this method can be associated with high hopes.

robert da strongman
06-29-2009, 10:45 AM
south africa?
sweet. thats where marius emerged on the scene in 2000.

lilfella
06-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Mariusz sounds like the russian from Rocky!

BrotherIron
06-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Personally I'm not a Marius fan. I just think he dodges comps to keep from having to compete against certain ppl.

dublin-lifter
06-29-2009, 12:24 PM
should be good this year very tight id say Derek is certainly snapping at his heels

Chmbrspns3
06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
I've been a Mariusz fan since the beginning "Polish Power" and I hope he can win it again but Derek is tough so who knows sometimes Marusz destroys everybody and then he has the years were he never really showed up and Phil Phister beat him

tjoe
06-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Personally I'm not a Marius fan. I just think he dodges comps to keep from having to compete against certain ppl.sure seems to be the case. but who knows for sure... he'll never admit to such a thing.

should be good this year very tight id say Derek is certainly snapping at his heelsyes he is... and what if Big Z actually gets invited this year :popcorn:

I've been a Mariusz fan since the beginning "Polish Power" and I hope he can win it again but Derek is tough so who knows sometimes Marusz destroys everybody and then he has the years were he never really showed up and Phil Phister beat himvery true as well. and Derek certainly pushed Mariusz right to the edge last year. adn we always hate the "what ifs"... but what if that stone weren't wet last year?

One thing is for sure... there shouldn't be a lack of excitement at WSM 2009!

HITstrongman
06-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I would really hope that since IFSA is basically done, Zavickas, Koklyaev and others like Blekaitis and Szepanski get invited to WSM to make for a much deeper field. That would be great to see all those guys together competing.

Irish
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Hope Mariusz takes it!

HITstrongman
06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
He will have to be in top form if all of the IFSA guys are competing, but I would have to either go with Mariusz or Derek to win it, it is hard to say how Zavickas would do since WSM doesnt really suit the bigger guys too much.

BrotherIron
06-29-2009, 06:37 PM
sure seems to be the case. but who knows for sure... he'll never admit to such a thing.

yes he is... and what if Big Z actually gets invited this year :popcorn:

I'm a H U G E big Z fan. Have been for years. Just like his personality and his positivity. Not to mention, he puts on one helluva show and doesn't dodge competitors.

HITstrongman
06-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Zavickas is awesome, I was really glad to see him take Fortissimus this year. I really would like to see him finally win a WSM title, cant think of anyone else who deserves it more.

Ryan Bracewell
06-30-2009, 12:37 PM
I spoke with a reputable source this weekend, and heard WSM may be in the US again rather than South Africa. He said at this moment there is no set location or date, but given the amount of money TWI(owners of wsm) want for a city to get the contest they believe it will stay in the US....possibly West Virginia again.

tjoe
06-30-2009, 12:54 PM
that would be great!
Maybe I'd try to make it down there...

lilfella
06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
It must be a huge advantage to the Americans to have it here. I can't imagine trying to get through customs with protein powders, supplements. Along with all the other hassles of international flight.