PDA

View Full Version : Eating out and dieting

prettymuscles
06-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Sometimes its almost impossible to eat out not knowing how your food was cooked etc.. I found lately when i do go out for breakfast I'll ask for a spinach omelette 2 wholes plus 6 whites with nothing else (no toast, no home fries etc.. ) But it seems when I order that much eggs they get all confused (the server and kitchen staff) then the server will come back and ask me my order again to make sure he or she had it right the first time. Its seems to be most difficult thing and I usually tell them "its ok, i'm willing to pay for the extra eggs" lol

So this past weekend I put in my order and instead I got: 3 whole plus 5 whites spinach and cheddar cheese omelette?? I didn't remember ordering the cheese lol

Anyone has the same issues? Please share your experiences :)

BigJD69
06-29-2009, 09:51 AM
If I go to a diner I will pick one of the omelette's off the menu with a lot of veggies in it and ask for egg whites and no potatoes. If I go to a real restaurant I will always get a piece of fish, chicken, turkey or steak and ask them not to cook it in butter.

lomox
06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I went out the other night and asked of r grilled chicken and broccoli. Made it a point to talk tot he waiter and say "no oil". He even started asking about my diet, goals and fitness in general. Then the food came drenched in oil! Olive Oil isnt bad, but this much is! I was content to dab it out with my napikins but the waiter saw me and immediately took the dish back and got me what I ordered. So yes.... some kitchen staffs get all flustered when you throw a wrench at them.

ArabMuscle
06-29-2009, 11:45 AM
I honestly don't get it. How hard is "I want my chicken breast with no oil". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to write those exact words on paper!
Funny thing is, you have to talk real slow in order for them to understand "So umm, I'll be ordering the grilled chicken breast, ok did you get that? Great, now would you please tell the chef to leave out the oil and put it on the side for me. Did you get that too? Awesome, now make sure my veggies are steamed and not sautéed in butter."

The waiter looks at you and says "but your not fat". Now trying explaining to the him/her your fitness goals for the next 2 months. Classic.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
06-29-2009, 12:07 PM
I hate to order grilled chicken because it usually comes with sodium loaded sauce all over it. However, cheesecake factory is really good cuz they do grilled breasts and sides of broccoli if you want.
Sushi places are the only ones I'll really eat out at when I am getting ready for a show. You can't get any leaner source of natural protein than shashimi.
Many also offer grilled asparagus if you ask. For those of you on the keto diet, Salmon shashimi, protein and good fat.

prettymuscles
06-29-2009, 12:42 PM
And usually your chicken breast you order at the restaurant is pressed chicken.. (your Subway chicken breast) Precooked, frozen, full of sodium and whatever else.. Its very hard to find a place that actually serve fresh foods now a days.

Shashimi is your best bet..

tammyp
06-29-2009, 04:57 PM
i tell them i am deathly allergic to all dairy. so no butter or cheese. they always question it, so i scare them into thinking i can go into shock and my throat will close up.:) works!

prettymuscles
06-29-2009, 05:09 PM
i tell them i am deathly allergic to all dairy. so no butter or cheese. they always question it, so i scare them into thinking i can go into shock and my throat will close up.:) works!

LOL.. i love it.. Good one. :)

the_gift
07-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Why would you eat out and not want to enjoy tasty restaurant foods? Let the chefs do what they do best, and treat it as a cheat meal..

If I go somewhere, I want my chicken to taste damn good. If I want my chicken cooked in pam, with some steamed veggies, I can do that at home.

figurebre
07-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Make it as simple as possible, and ask politely.
If I go to ihop I order"

-Big steak omelette, made with egg whites ( I say whites instead of beaters, that way I know they didnt use whole eggs since the coloring is different)
-No Cheese
-No Hashbrowns
-No sides (pancakes...toast..etc.)
But I hate being a pain in the ass! Try and become a "regular" at places and once they realize you tip well (and do tip well) they will be more than happy to accomodate your special requests.