PDA

View Full Version : Credendo Vides - By believing one sees.

Bronwyn
08-16-2013, 04:22 AM
Hi all.

I decided to start a new journal - my old competitors journal was in female section but I would like to have more opinions from more people now.

Who am I? Former competitor in lightweight bodybuilding, than figure, than light-heavy bodybuilding and finally WPD - LOL :) I competed also in various federations from IFBB amateur to NABBA, NAC, NPC and finally again IFBB. The circle closed this spring at AC amateur.

Why former competitor and what is my goal now? First of all I got to level where conditions you have really matters. I never believed I will get to pro-qualifier level and will fight for my procard but this year I did it.

Anyway I went my last show on so tight budget that half of my opponents probbably had only their posing suits in price I had my entire prep LOL. I got to finals (was 5th), but I said to myself I was crazy enough to do that, however if I want to be serious challenger I can not repeat that anymore.... I re-setled twice this year, from middle Europe to USA and than to Canada and I do not have conditions to continue in competing. Being immigrant is hard, even though you are legal.

Second thing is number of cards given. I realized that as European I have 4 chances/year, 3 of them I have to take overall, 3 of them are worldwide open... as NPC competitor in the same class I would have at least 20 chances/year at national level as I had seen WPD will get over 60 cards this year (I am NPC too, but as resident, not citizen, you can not go higher than local level, I am national level qualified for both FBB and WPD). Its frustrating and I feel this as little bit unfair.

And last reason I decided to quit with competing is the trend in WPD. The original rules says WPD should be "lean but not hard" and I thought it will be more like 90ties. I focused to bring my best shape on stage - with the craziest Vshape I might bring on. I think this year I should have better back density as I had terrible pains the whole prep (off course I had ZERO rehab therapy) and legs (downsizing my most gifted part, which grows even when I am walking, sucks LOL :D), and I was OK with my placing (I think I might get 4th :) ) but than I was waiting backstage when an organizer came that some judge want to talk to me. First I was scared as I had my old NABBA suit and I knew it is covering a little bit less than half of my butt, but the reason he called me from backstage to judge table was, he want to tell me, that I impressed them a lot and I have crazy bodyshape, but to win next time I have to come drier and harder... so I asked "OK, I was too fat than" and he replied "No, you are lean, but you are not hard". In this moment it was the last nail to my coffin. Hardness was my weak point forever and I thought in WPD I will have a chance - from rules given. Obviously not.

I was fighting this hard few weeks, but than I realized I would need mainly better conditions and maybe some help from someone as I did my own preps for years but for example I really dont know how to do the hardness without sides I dont want. And as this is not possible in next maybe months, maybe years, I quit.

Why the journal title and why the journal now? This title is my long lasting quote. I even have branded it on my weightlifting belt. It is hard to believe now, but I did not fully give up and I might give up my dream about a procard and competing, but I did not give up the sport. And here I decided I will go the road of fitness-enthusiast and will stay around the sport as long as it will be possible....

I am fighting with multiple thyroid gland disease for my whole life, I have long-time back problems and this sport is my way to defeat this. I will tell you here how, I welcome any ideas, I want your opinions :) That is why I am here :) My goal is lean and athletic look.

Pic.below is my whole career in one LOL

Bronwyn
08-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Current point:
After I "retired" I ate a bit and gained around 17-18lb above my competition weight. Especially in Vegas, where we spent our last days in USA. I usually used to be around 30+ lb above my contest weight as managing my offseason weight was always a big problem for me... Czech proverb says you are on top of scorpio with it (when something is hard to figure out), well I had to be on top of some much bigger beast LOL :). But this year I finally found my way (I will tell later about my diet) and currently I am back around 13lb above my contest weight and my goal is to stabile keep 10lb above.

I am back to basics. Or better said - basement. Because of the situation (moving, switching countries) I am on no supplements except vitamins and I train in basement of our apartment building. Also my diet is pretty simple and it is hybrid between low carbs and keto, mostly keto. I am almost the same point I used to be years ago, when I started. But I am happy.

I train 2+1 3+1 system, lacking parts twice a week, strong parts once a week.

My today´s training was none, I had only 45min steady cardio on empty stomach, incline 4, 5km/h speed. I do cardio 6x week, 3x HIIT and 3x steady - depends on my carb intake.

Trainings last three days:

Monday:
side laterals 4x12 - 15lb
side seated laterals bent elbows 4x12 - 15lb
side laterals lean toward a bench (ChG version) 4x15 - 15lb
laying rear laterals 4x10-12 - 20lb
reverse peck deck 4x12 - 60lb
press on bowflex 4x15 - 15lb/side
superset
- tri extensions overgrip 4x12 - 40lb
- tri etx. undergrip 4x8 - 40lb
tri extensions overhead 4x10 - 40lb

Monday was quick training, shoulders are my lacking part as well as my triceps. However this is light version of my training - heavy version is Friday.

Tuesday:
bent over barbell rows 6x12-8 - 95, 115, 135, 155, 155, 155lb
lat pulldowns 1x12 - 40, 1x12 - 60, 1x12 - 80, 1x8 - 100, 3x10 - 80lb
narrow pulldowns 4x10 - 80lb
standing lat pulldowns to waist 4x10 - 50, 3x40lb
trap rows upper cable 4x10-12 - 80lb
seated rows to waist 4x12 - 70lb
biceps curls cable 4x12 - 40lb
side biceps curls seated 4x10 - 15,3x20lb
scott bench - cable 3x12 - 30lb
heavy crunches 4x12 - 60lb

Thick are my PRs after I jumped back to heavy training, my "all time" PRs are a bit different, but I am getting there back lol. And well - even though I train in basement, with no public acess, sometimes happen some other tenants will come and disturb you - as the cardio-cow which came in middle of my training and without asking turn the airconditioning to high. And she was looking pretty angry, when I turned it back to low as I do not need to train in Windy Heights.

Wednesday:
lighter than usually due to upper back-shoulder pain:

flat bench dumbell press 4x15-20 - 25lb
incline bench dumbell press 4x15 - 25lb
squats 5x15 - 95lb
lower cable crossovers bflx 4x15 - 15lb/side
upper cable crossovers bflx 4x20 - 15lb/side
leg extensions 5x12 - 60,70,80,80,90lb
leg curls seated 5x12 - 70lb
crunches 3x12 bw

:)

Jordan Coburn
08-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Wow! What a Journey! I'll be following!

Bronwyn
08-17-2013, 02:55 AM
Wow! What a Journey! I'll be following!

Hi Jordan, welcome :) ;)

Bronwyn
08-17-2013, 03:38 AM
Today - Friday:Training at 7AM, very fast, than hop to shower and to my job interview. I was at 4 interviews in 3 gyms this week for a permanent job position... well will see what it will bring to me soon. Hopefully a new opportunities and new challenges. Anyway my training was a quick one today after I spot my man at benchpress....no cardio todayseated side laterals 4x12-15 - 15lbseated side laterals elbows bent 4x15 - 15lbstanding side laterals (ChG version) 4x12 - 20lblaying rear laterals 4x12 - 20lbreverse peck deck 6x10-12 - 40,50, 60, 70, 70, 80lbpress on bowflex 4x10 - 20, 3x35lb/sidesuperset "fried triceps ala mode"- tri extensions overgrip 4x10 - 40lb- tri extensions undergrip 4x8 - 40lb- tri extensions overhead 4x8-10 - 40lbheavy standing ab crunches on upper cable 4x8 - 70lbToday was my refeed day - I have those regullary once a week now and as I am at low calories, this day I am really kicking it up a lot. I was affraid in the past and I had always moderate carb-ups, but my man managed me to try really high Kcal intake and it worked way better for me the whole precontest this year, including the fact I had icecream jar 3 weeks till my show, what was not possible years ago. I love those as I do not need to count any nutrient intake, but I also hate those as at the end of the day I am done and looking like prego LOL :DI go over 8000 Kcal offten, and I eat anything I want right now. In diet closer the show, cleaner the refeed - not overally clean, I had some treats even precontest, but mostly clean. When we have money we go to sushi AYCE what is my favourite place. I discovered those in my old country already 4 years ago when it was not so popular. Back home I had my speciality, what were deepfried froglegs in one running sushi restaurant. When we came over here - especially here in Vancouver we found out really good sushi places. Last time was fun as cook send us a message from kitchen, he bet that we can not eat that much food in just two people. Well we prooved him wrong LOL :D It was fun as he really looked from the kitchen door and the waitress told us she believes in us so she bet LOL LOL :D Today we did not go, but next week I will celebrate and we will go. I am looking forward to that.

Bronwyn
08-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Sorry my post went wrong from some reason:dunno:, so here is my training once again, for better orientation:

no cardio
seated side laterals 4x12-15 - 15lb
seated side laterals elbows bent 4x15 - 15lb
standing side laterals (ChG version) 4x12 - 20lb
laying rear laterals 4x12 - 20lb
reverse peck deck 6x10-12 - 40,50, 60, 70, 70, 80lb
press on bowflex 4x10 - 20, 3x35lb/side
superset for triceps
- tri extensions overgrip 4x10 - 40lb
- tri extensions undergrip 4x8 - 40lb
- tri extensions overhead 4x8-10 - 40lb
heavy standing ab crunches on upper cable 4x8 - 70lb

Bronwyn
08-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Day after refeed is great because I have the power and I feel all pumped up, but
also I dont like being bloated and have state as hangover. Plus I do not sleep
being on carbs - so I usually went to bed around 4-5AM.

My training this day is back+biceps with focus at density. And it is nothing better than when you discover some knot in your left lat the day you really want to focus on heavy weights :), so I tried to stretch it out and I used conterpain cream before training - and it went quite good even though I felt it at some exercises. I was able to do my PR at deadlifts. I do cardio after the training this day - I upped it to 30min and 10intervals from 7.

leg extensions 4x12 - 40,60,80,90, 3x10 - 100lb
deadlifts 1x10 - 132, 1x10 - 185, 1x8 - 185, 1x4 - 220, 2x15,13 - 135lb
lat pulldowns (wide grip, overgrip) 1x12 - 40, 1x12 - 60, 1x12 - 80, 1x10-90, 2x10 - 100,
2x10 - 80lb
seated rows on upper cable to chest 5x12 - 80lb
superset
- narrow grip undergrip 4x12 - 80lb
- standing lat pulldowns 4x15 - 40lb
seated rows to waist 4x10 - 60,80,80,80lb
biceps curls at lower cable 4x12-10 - 50lb
side biceps curls (ChG) 4x12 - 20lb
crunches over the bench 3x15 bw
cardio HIIT 30min - 10 intervals, top speed 10km/h, 189Kcal/145 Hr

Today will be only cardio. Same amount and same speed. My weight after refeed is dropping nicely and I should be back around Wednesday.

Bronwyn
08-19-2013, 03:16 AM

Two pics from my deadlifting :D Faces of summer gallery :D LOL. I can not upload vids now, but I hope I will post some soon.
These are from my 220lb set :)

curvygirl
08-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Woot Woot Lada! :D

I will continue to follow you on the new leg of your fitness journey! I love :heart: all the pictures from the start of your career to now! Amazing changes and a clear visual reminder that with time, patience, consistency, & hard work you can indeed grow, make changes, big improvements! My respect & admiration continues to grow for you :bowdown:

As for NPC/IFBB WPD, I clearly hear & see what you talk about here and on your former journal. The criteria & judging continue to change show to show...This last pro-show (Dallas) they selected smaller (overall size) ladies BUT the hardness & conditioning continues to get leaner & crazier...And the winner...well she is "good" for the sport with her huge fanbase (= $$$ for the industry at large) & for the upcoming inaugural Olympia Showdown.

Anywho, I totally understand your frustration over the years...and yes this sport can be ridiculously expensive especially without sponsors, support. I am still a "newbie" to the lifestyle but count myself lucky that I can see already that I need to be considering the natural organizations/natural competitions if I am to continue competing. Just like you, for now I am focusing on living a healthy lifestyle and being an fitness enthusiast for the coming year.

Go on with your bad self & those big a** deadlifts! You rock!

Sunnyday
08-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Yay Lada has a new journal! I'm in! :bigpopcorn:

Bronwyn
08-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Elise thanks, I really appreciate your words! Really! Hugs.to DLB - she is really shreded, but I am not a fan of her physique either, no lats, thick waist, no quadsweep... However you are right with the media and personality. She remains me Jay in female version. Both have great presentation I would love to copy one day :D

Sunny welcome :)
To my training today:
Morning I have my cardio HIIT training on the empty stomach - to get rid of last glucosis from my blood. Two days before I had HIIT afternoon after my training or evening - both previous days I had carbs in. Today is a first day at zero carbs and high fat (100-120g/day).

cardio HIIT 30min - 10 intervals, top speed 10,5km/h, 179 Kcal/151 Hr

Afternoon training today were shoulders and triceps triple fryier :D

seated side laterals 5x10+8 - 20+15lb
seated side laterals elbows bent 5x10+8-5 - 20+15lb
laying rear laterals 5x12 - 20lb
reverse peck deck 6x12-10 - 40,60,70,80,80,90lb
press on bowflex 4x12 - 35lb/side
superset
- triceps extensions overgrip 4x10- 40lb
- tri ext. undergrip 4x10 - 40lb
- tri ext. overhead 4x10 - 40lb
standing crunches upper cable 3x12 - 70lb

In the middle of my delt training
assistant of our building manager came with new tenants, two women and older man, women looked at me and start to giggle (I am so used to that reaction from people LOL) and man start to woble the chain which ties our private plates and asked the assistant where is the key. Manager of the building off course knows that we bought some plates and bar for our needs as he allowed it to us and was very helpful to get us even a new bench for benchpress for free, but his assistant obviously did not know.... So they both looked surprised when I told them those plates are mine :D and we have a bar at home and we allow people to train with it only under our assistance as many people simply do not behave nice to the bar. :)
Seem that our small basement starts to be crowded a bit LOL.

Bronwyn
08-19-2013, 10:42 PM
BTW after yesterdays shots I maybe should post my "average" face to show I do not look like a freak the whole day LOL (at least I hope so)

v1hyp
08-20-2013, 01:46 AM
Why are you living in the basement of the apartment building.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

curvygirl
08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
BTW after yesterdays shots I maybe should post my "average" face to show I do not look like a freak the whole day LOL (at least I hope so)
You look very pretty Lada!:flowers:

Bronwyn
08-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Today my diet:

As I have multiple thyroid problems (ESS + Hypothyreosis) diet is the key factor for me and it had a long long genesis. Anyway finally I am at something what is working for me, I am at nice intake, it is sustainable and my scheme is now this:

Friday - refeed, I found out I need really high Kcal spike here to keep metabolism running. I am not affraid to go over 8000 Kcal/day sometimes I am even close to 10 000 :) The more offseason I am the more "junk" I allow myself to eat. The closer the show, the more clean food I have, even though I still allow myself to load some "junk" there as well (low fat poptarts or icecream etc.). key is not to be affraid to eat a lot....

Saturday - high carb day, I still would like to keep at least some carbs in my diet, so I allow myself here eat a little bit more carbs, 100g/day to be accurate. It helps me with hangover and cravings after refeed. But all carbs here are already clean - ezechiel bread or pasta or rice or oats or sweet potatoes. I have low fat intake here - below 50g/day. Usually 20-30g.

Sunday - transition day, morning I have oats, 40g of carbs, than I go HIIT cardio and I have fats for the rest of the day. Fat intake here is 50-70g/day. Once a month I have "detox day" here, when I do not eat at all and I drink special mix of cayenne, lemon or apple cider and raw honey. I use a lot of iodine and selenium here too. High intake of water is a must!

Monday - high fat day, morning I have HIIT on empty stomach to get rid of glucosis from my blood. I go over 100g fat/day here. Carbs are zero (only vegetables)

Tuesday-Thursday - no carb+ moderate fat days, I go steady cardio here always in the morning. I have zero carbs and 50-60g fat/day.

I have lower proteins than I would like to have but I am on a budget now, so can not afford it and I think I still improved my shoulders a bit and my back a bit despite that.

Training today:
cardio steady 45min - 5km/h, incline 4, 122 Hr /Kcal 256 - on empty stomach

afternoon:
barbell over rows 1x12 - 132, 4x10-8 - 155, 1x12 - 132lb
seated rows to waist 5x12 - 80lb
lat pulldowns 1x12-60, 1x12 -80,4x8 (5 last) - 100, 1x10 - 80lb
seated rows on upper cable to chest 5x12 - 80lb
superset
- standing lat pulldowns 4x12 - 50lb
- narrow grip undergrip 4x10 - 80lb
side biceps curls (ChG) 5x12 - 20lb
biceps curls at lower cable 4x12 - 50lb
upper cable standing crunches 4x8- 70lb

Bronwyn
08-20-2013, 09:06 PM
You look very pretty Lada!:flowers:

Thanks Elise :)

Why are you living in the basement of the apartment building.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

LOL I do not LIVE there, I train there as there is a small gym and we bought some barbell and I do not have gym membership now... :)

Bronwyn
08-20-2013, 09:10 PM
BTW: Interview a bit about my life here:
http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/9072-through-the-fire-an-exclusive-interview-with-lada-bronwyn-plihalova.html

Bronwyn
08-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Morning on empty stomach:
cardio steady 45min - 5km/h, incline 4, Hr 123/Kcal 256

Afternoon training:

benchpress 1x12 tyc, 1x8 65, 1x8 95lb, 1x3 115lb 5x7 - 135 lb
squat 1x12 tyc, 1x10 65, 1x8 95lb, 5x7, last 9 - 135 lb
leg extensions 5x10 - 60lb
leg curls seated 5x12 - 40lb
leg curls standing - one leg 4x15 - 20lb
superset
- incline db press 4x15 - 25lb
- upper cable crossovers on bflx 4x12 25lb/side
lower cable crossovers on bflx 4x12 25lb/side
crunches over the bench 4x12 - bw

I would really need personal massage therapist as my lower back and sometimes shoulder is killing me. And today I had squat-benchpress combo - my heaviest training of the week. If you read the interview, you know why I freak out under the squats LOL. But I was happy with the weight lifted in training. I am not rising the weight now, but rising reps in each set at two main exercises.
Weight today pleased me as from the time I rised my cardio just 10min more a day, my weight dropped nicely. :)

Bronwyn
08-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Today an offday from training, added more cardio though. 60minutes of steady cardio, 5km/h, 4 incline, 334 Kcal burned (I do not believe it 100% but for orientation I look at it), 123 Hr the highest....

Than road to Costco for eggs and liquid eggwhites :)

BTW: when equipment is missing, creativity is the key - benchpressing at rack of treadmill, using benches instead squat rack and in case of my man solving not enough plates for squats :D

Bronwyn
08-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Today is friday aka my refeed day aka big gathering :) I celebrate my B-day so I am looking forward to eat out today with friends....It is sushi AYCE time! Yay!!

Unfortunatelly I woke up with my left shoulder with huge spasm again and in pains, so I decided to skip training today too. I had shoulders on plan and I have no intention to hurt myself - so I simply added one off day completely, without anything, even cardio. Sometimes one more day off brings more than training at any price.

Bronwyn
08-25-2013, 09:12 PM
lat pulldowns 1x12-60, 1x12 -80, 5x10 - 100lb
seated rows on upper cable to chest 5x12-8 - 80,80,90,90,90lb
narrow grip undergrip 4x10-8 - 90lb
standing lat pulldowns 4x12 - 50lb
side biceps curls (ChG) 4x15 - 15lb
one arm biceps curls at lower cable 5x12 - 20,20,30,30,30lb
upper cable standing crunches 4x8- 70lb

After training cardio on Saturday:cardio HIIT 30min - 10 intervals, top speed 9,9 km/h, 178 Kcal/144 Hr

Todays training:

seated leg extensions 8x12 - 4x40, 2x50, 2x60lb
squats without weight 5x20 - bw
seated leg curls 6x12 - 50lb
standing leg curls 5x12 - 20lb
step ups (ChC version) 4x10/10 - 8lb

on empty stomach cardio today:
cardio HIIT 30min - 10 intervals, top speed 10km/h, 198 Kcal/154 Hr

Yesterday I trained only lightly, no deadlifts, anyway I was able to up some weights. Today supposed to be off, but as I had friday off, I decided to pump up my legs a bit. It was only a quick and speedy training. I did two HIIT cardio sessions, tomorrow is the third one and than back to steady. I like HIIT so much, its not borring.

Bronwyn
08-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Today:

morning on empty stomach
cardio HIIT 30min - 10 intervals, top speed 12 km/h, 189 Kcal/ 155 Hr

Training afternoon:
seated side laterals 5x12 - 20lb
seated side laterals elbows bent 5x12- 20lb
laying rear laterals 5x15 - 20lb
reverse peck deck 3x12 - 60,70,80 + 4x14 - 90lb
upper cable wide grip pulls to the neck for rear delts+traps 4x12 - 40lb
press on bowflex 4x12 - 35lb/side
superset
- triceps extensions overgrip 4x10- 40lb
- tri ext. overhead 4x10 - 40lb
tri ext. undergrip 4x10 - 40lb
crunches over the bench 2x10 - bw

Shoulder was OK today. Good training.
Quote: " Even a word hopeless have a hope in it." Red Dwarf

Bronwyn
08-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Cardio on empty stomach:
cardio steady 45min, speed 5km/h, incline 4, 120 Hr/ 260 Kcal

Training noon:
bent over barbell rows 5x10-8 - 132lb
deadlifts 4x15 - 132lb
seated rows to waist 2x12 - 80, 3x12 - 100, 1x15 - 80lb
lat pulldowns 5x10 - 100lb
standing lat pulldowns 5x12-15 - 3x50, 2x60lb
biceps curls seated (ChG) 4x12 - 20lb
standing biceps cable curls one arm 5x10 - 20lb

Rechewing my breakfast after second set of deadlifts - note for next time: Do not eat peanut butter close to heavy training - LOL

Last few days I was a little bit up and down, Olympia is close, I am trying to bring my nice shape there and I realized I am really not very happy I can not continue in my quest. Once you are an athlete, you have a fire inside of you and it is resistant to any kind of extinguishion. Sometimes it is just small, but time to time it wakes up and burns your soul to dust. Well I do not want to solve anything now. I focus at the Olympia and than I will see.....

TonyElTigre
08-27-2013, 06:15 PM
These are great pictures. I really think you are in amazing shape and deserve all the credit you are getting. I think you also train very hard and make sure you always finish your workouts correctly, which is so important. What does your diet look like?

Bronwyn
08-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks Tony.
To my training I go to my limitation, but also I am not willing to hurt myself, so I alternate weights and rep nrs. For example today I wanted to go heavy, but there was no strenght to do it, so OK, I upped my reps :) ;)

I will post my diet and supps too. I was thinking about it.

Basically I have one day off, one day clean carbs now and than I go for keto. I am 140lb now and I have 100-90g of protein and around 120g fat-100g fat a day. I am on a budget, ideal protein amount would be a bit higher. Around 120g/day.

Usually I have:
5g glutamin
2 eggs + 40g peanuts
2 eggs + 40g peanuts
5g glutamin
150g chicken + vegetable
150g chicken + vegetable
(peanuts or peanut butter)
5g glutamin

I also have "fasting" mode as I am eating my last meal at 6 or 7PM and than I have nothing till morning cardio. It suits me this way.

Bronwyn
08-27-2013, 11:26 PM

Todays candid pic :) Dead after deads :D trying to not throw up my PB :D

swingslammer
08-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Have you or Daniel found jobs yet? I hope so, life in a new place is an adventure. As you may remember I lived near Nuremburg for 4 years (2007 to late 2010) then Hawaii for 3 years and now we are in Oklahoma in the Mid West. Things are different but I do have a great gym.

Hope you are well, Cal

Bronwyn
08-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Have you or Daniel found jobs yet? I hope so, life in a new place is an adventure. As you may remember I lived near Nuremburg for 4 years (2007 to late 2010) then Hawaii for 3 years and now we are in Oklahoma in the Mid West. Things are different but I do have a great gym.

Hope you are well, Cal

Hi Cal, things goes a little bit better for us here, anyway might be even a lil better as I still can not return to sport level and I really have no idea when or if it will be possible. Anyway I came to North America with this idea, that may be I will have to sacrifice my career as an athlete, so I can not play surprised now :)

Bronwyn
08-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Training today - morning as usually cardio, steady 45min, speed 5km/h, incline 4, 120 Hr/ 260 Kcal on empty stomach.

Food:
glutamine 5g immediatelly after, C vitamine, Zinc, D vitamine, Magnesium, caffein, my thyrod support meds (I have burned out thyroid, I think I said it in the interview, so I take this dialy) + Iodine and Selenium (for thyroid support)

3 XL Eggs (whole) 9:00
20g peanut butter 12:00
caffeine 200mg
Training
5g glutamine
150g chicken with vegetables 2:00
20g peanut butter 3:00
150g chicken with vegetables 6:00
20g peanut butter 7:00
Iodine

Training:
flat bench db press 5x15 - 25lb
incline db press 5x15-20 - 25lb (there are no bigger db in the gym)
lower cables crossovers 4x12 - 25lb/side
upper cables crossovers 4x12 - 25lb/side
leg extensions 6x12 - 60lb with stop in contraction
seated leg curls 2x12 - 60lb (found out my hammies really hurts from deadlifts, so I let them be, to not overburn them, I need them bigger!)

Lighter training today and skipped benchpress. I decided to add it bi-weekly.

Bronwyn
08-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Today was not funny at all. First I thought I will do some photos, than my man told me I am not looking good enough now to do it, so well I said never mind, do not need them - just thought would be cool have some model pics in the beautifull nature here.

Morning I woke up to horrible rain, had job interview scheduled to 3:15PM in Golds Gym.... And I woke up late - so I decided to postpone my morning cardio to evening to may prepare (papers, makeup etc.). When I can not do morning cardio, I do evening one after last meal....

Afternoon we both took a ride to Golds, my man came with me to give me a support... well the front desk first asked me why I am there, so I told here I got a call and I was scheduled to job interview for 3:15 so she went somewhere to managers office, than she returned back that I am not in the system, plus manager have some "emergency" and have no idea when will be free so she asks me to re-schedule my interview to tomorrow 1PM. I said ok, but inside I was pissed off - first of all, 16 CAD wasted for nothing, second - that doesnt seem professional to me at all, so it says about the gym also something, third - tomorrow is my offday in food and we wanted to celebrate Daniels job at sushi all you can eat. And thanks to the interview we can not.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In moments like this it is hard for me to keep clean food as I feel strong urge to eat chocolate or icecream to cool down. I ate a little bit more PB though.... I hope that tomorrow at least they will talk to me, and if not I am close to do or say something impropriate.

Food today:
3 XL Eggs (whole) 9:00AM
20g peanut butter 12:00AM
60g peanut butter 4:00PM
300g salmon with vegetables 6:30
Iodine

cardio 60 minutes - will be steady, 5km/h, incline 4. Thanks God I had off-training day today so at least I did not missed one. Tomorrow will train at 7AM.

swingslammer
08-29-2013, 10:01 PM
OK, you know what I got out of that whole last post?.....Daniel got a job!! Congratulations, you are next, it will happen, don't get down.

Bronwyn
08-30-2013, 11:32 PM
OK, you know what I got out of that whole last post?.....Daniel got a job!! Congratulations, you are next, it will happen, don't get down.

Yes at least one of us had a good luck, I pray for him to be sucessfull there... :)

Bronwyn
08-30-2013, 11:44 PM
...Story continues, unbelievable. Today I went to rescheduled interview at 1PM. Off course that means another money, time, could not go to AYCE sushi... and the front desk girl already knew that I had an interview, she told me she could not find the manager (some Peter) who should interviewed me. She tried to call him, but no response. So she told me to wait, as he may be late. I waited 12 minutes, when some head coach came and asked me why I am waiting, he went to management office and than send me to another manager (Safana) who basically told me in two minutes, without even letting me talk, that they have my resume already, they have some positions in the future, and they will call me if some will be available for me.... but at this point nobody have time for me (what I understood the one position I applied for been taken yesterday, afterward when they refused to talk to me) and for this they let me waste my time and money to kick me out - they could not give me a call to I may save money and time. Plus off course absolutely no respect to me being an athlete etc. I am really really pissed off. This second gym was Golds Gym UBC in Vancouver. I have no interest to hide name now - with management like this you may expect anything!

Food today completely off:
3x donuts, 1x 180g fudge, 1x icecream jar, 1/4 bread, 4x sausages, 4xcookies, 1x pineapple tin, couple of fries and 1x quaterpounder with cheese - not eating much today. Other days I am able to eat much more, however we decided to go to sushi tomorrow early morning. I will send what I am able to eat :D

When I have refeed day I do not use much vitamins and minerals - only C vitamine, zinc and iodine in the morning.

Training
seated side laterals 5x10+8 - 20+10lb
seated side laterals elbows bent 5x10+8 - 20+10lb
ChG standing side laterals 5x10 - 20lb
reverse peck deck 5x10 - 70,80,90, 3x100lb
press on bowflex 5x12 - 25lb/side
triceps superset
- overgrip extensions 4x10 - 40, 3x30lb
- over the head extensions 4x10 - 40, 3x30lb
undergrip extensions 3x10 - 40lb

Bronwyn
09-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Bak on track, decided 100% focus at the Olympia, as who knows what will be after and I want to look there good - as an athlete. After this show I will take any job possible nearby where I live now.

Saturday we continued in refeed, well rest of the day I fasted and did not train as I felt like eating a stone LOL :)
Food:
ginger1x, milk thistle1x cranberry 1, Ca+Mg 1x D+Mg 1x, C 1x, Zn 1x, iodine 1x sunflower seeds (Se), papain 1x
papain 6x
sushi AYCE: sashimi 10x, nigiri ebi 8x, nigiri salmon 10x, california roll 6x, salmon roll 7x, tuna roll 6x, prawn tempura 12x, scalop cone 2x, ebi cone 1x,negitoro cone 1x, banana fry 8x,scalop katsu 2x, deep fried gyoza 2x, cod tempura 2x, ika kaarage 1x, bbq ribs 14x
papain 2x
granola 50g

Morning on empty stomach:

cardio steady treadmill 45min, speed 5,5km/h, incline 4. 120Hr/280 Kcal
cardio crosstrainer 15min, level 2, 155Hr/ 129 Kcal

Sunday - today I am back where I was last couple of days. Same food:

cardio HIIT, 30min, top speed 10km/h, 147 Hr/198 Kcal

cafe 1x
ginger1x, milk thistle1x cranberry 1, Ca+Mg 1x D+Mg 1x, C 1x, Zn 1x, iodine1x sunflower seeds (Se)
glutamin 5g
eggs 3x XL
20g peanut butter
glutamin 5g
20g peanut butter 7:00 iodine 1x

Training:
lat pulldowns 2x12 - 40,60, 1x10 - 80, 2x10 - 100, 2x8 - 110, 1x15 -80lb
superset
- narrow undergrip pulldowns 4x15 - 90lb
- wide grip standing pulldowns to the waist 4x15 - 50lb
wide grip rows upper cable to chest 4x12 - 80lb
seated rows
one arm cable bent over rows 1x8 - 40, 2x12 - 20, 3x10 - 30lb
one arm biceps cable curls 1x10 - 20, 3x8 - 30lb
side curls seated (ChG) 4x10+8 - 25+10lb
crunches over the bench 4x15 - bw
heavy crunches on upper cable 4x8 -70lb

I went to training later today and the basement was crowded... one guy, who blocked my 20ties for biceps and did some weird circuit training and girl who did some weird 1/4 movement exercise and almost dislocated her shoulder when trying something as thurster (?). Off course both came after me, obviously not greeting (I am ignoring people like that)and looking at me disgusted all training. So I could not resist to not throw there few lat spreads and double biceps poses... it is a basement, not a public gym ei? :D :D Few days ago we met there a very nice guy, PT teacher, who really trained and knew about training, and he told us hi and we talked a bit afterward - so well not all people are weird here LOL :)

Bronwyn
09-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Monday was a Labour day (happy belated Labour day) and it is a year I left my country and went to find my lucky star abroad. Still waiting :)

We forgot Costco is closed so we walked there for nothing, well I took it as additional cardio.

Daniel is now working so I spent my days alone. Working on various stuff - trying to attract more fans to my facebook page, updating a lot of stuff (I was told sponsors are interested mainly about Nr of fans and social media today), prepairing that pics and videos etc. They are at www.facebook.com/Lada.Bronwyn.Plihalova (http://www.facebook.com/Lada.Bronwyn.Plihalova) - just today I added there few shots from my photoshoot in Stanley park, where is a gorgeous nature.

Monday

cardio steady 60 minutes 5,5km/h, 4 incline, 134 Hr/ 287 Kcal

ginger1x, milk thistle1x cranberry 1, Ca+Mg 1x D+Mg 1x, C 1x, Zn 1x, iodine1x sunflower seeds (Se)
glutamin 5g
eggs 3x XL
20g peanut butter
glutamin 5g
iodine 1x

Isn´t this borring? :D I am used to eat pretty much the same stuff all week and than have a real refeed...

seated side laterals 5x10+8 - 20+10lb
seated side laterals elbows bent 5x10+8 - 20+10lb
ChG standing side laterals 5x10+8 - 20+10lb
laying rear laterals 4x10+8 - 20+10lb
reverse peck deck 3x10 - 70,80,90, 3x8 - 100lb
press on bowflex 4x12 - 25lb/side
triceps superset
- overgrip extensions 4x10 - 40, 3x30lb
- over the head extensions 4x10 - 40, 3x30lb
undergrip extensions 4x10 - 40lb

Found out that fonts sometimes make troubles here, when I copy-paste them from my word log :)

Today:
no cardio

one arm rows on cable 2x12 - 20, 4x10 - 30lb, 1x8 - 50lb
standing lat pulldowns 4x15 - 50lb, 1x8- 60lb
wide grip rows upper cable to chest 4x10- 90, 1x10 - 100lb
narrow undergrip pulldowns 3x8,7,6 - 100lb, 1x10-90lb
lat pulldowns 3x10 - 90, 2x8 - 110lb, 1x10 -100lb
side curls seated (ChG) 4x10+8 - 25+10lb
one arm biceps cable curls 1x10 - 20, 3x8 - 30lb

Food:
D+Mg 1x, C 1x, Zn 1x, iodine1x
40g peanut butter
glutamin 5g
Eggs 3x XL

So this is it. Tomorrow heavy leg-chest day.

Bronwyn
09-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Today same food and same vitamines and minerals as yesterday. Except I switched peanuts for cashews. Otherwise food will stay the same at least till saturday.

My weight goes down nicely, I realized I hit my "contest waist" today. Looks ridiculos with my offseason rest of the body. LOL.

Cardio shortened as I caught wifi today and I found three new vids from AC, including my posing routine I did not have, so I tried to download them 3x - last was sucessfull.... Not good quality videos, plus someone marked WPD as BB but never mind, at least I have some more memories. Yay.

Training after Daniel returned from his work - as I needed a spotter today. Especially benchpress. But my strenght was not there... last set was heavy! I wanted to go 5x5 but was able to do only 3x5 and than failed at 3.

benchpress 1x12 tyc, 1x8 65, 1x8 95lb, 1x3 115lb 3x5+1x3 140lb
squat 1x12 tyc, 1x15 95lb, 3x11-15 - 110lb
leg extensions 5x10 - 60lb
leg curls seated 5x12 - 40lb
leg curls standing - one leg 4x15 - 20lb
incline db press 4x15 - 25lb
upper cable crossovers on bflx 4x12 25lb/side
lower cable crossovers on bflx 4x12 25lb/side
heavy upper crunches 4x8 - 80lb

Squats killed me. I have pretty fever and chills now in my legs and chest. Tomorrow offday, only cardio but two phases.

Bronwyn
09-07-2013, 03:29 AM
Yesterday off training, only cardio on empty stomach morning cardio steady 60min, speed 4,5km/h, incline 0, 120 Hr/ 211 Kcal

and evening:
cardio steady 60min, speed 4,5km/h, incline 0, 120 Hr/ 214 Kcal

Today I had lighter offday
I ate some poptarts, biscuits, granola, cheetos chips, icecream and fruit. I had glutamine and some eggs for protein. Training was lighter also as after my chest-leg training I was a bit broken again. Back are slowly getting better and better, I already tried pullups twice and I am able to do two pullups with no pain, what is great after more than two years, but in right shoulder I see a big lump, which do not hurt, but I think is a spasm and in left biceps I have sensitive place time to time... so I am carefull and I rather back off than to do something wrong.

Cardio was again twice
10AM
cardio steady 60min, speed 4,5km/h - 5km/h, incline 0, 120Hr/250Kcal

and 7:30PM
cardio steady 60min, speed 4,5, incline 3, 123 Hr/ 298Kcal

Training was 2PM-3:30PM
superset
- seated side laterals 5x15 - 10lb
- seated side laterals elbows bent 5x15 - 10lb
reverse peck deck 2x10 - 70,90, 3x10 - 100lb
press on bowflex 4x12 - 25lb/side
overgrip extensions 4x10 - 40lb
triceps superset
- undergrip extensions 4x10 - 40lb
- over the head extensions 4x10 - 40lb

Bronwyn
09-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Saturday:

cardio steady 60min, speed 4,5km/h, incline 3, 123Hr/293Kcal

barbell bent over rows 1x12 - bar, 1x12 - 95, 1x10 - 115,
3x8 - 165, 1x15 - 115, 2x12 - 134lb
deadlifts 4x12 - 134lb
lat pulldowns 3x12 - 80, 3x8 - 100lb
narrow lat pulldowns 2x10 - 100, 3x12 - 80lb
superset
- rows to chest upper cable 3x15 - 80lb
- standing lat pulldowns to waist 3x15 - 50lb
- dumbell biceps curls 3x20 - 15, 2x10 - 25lb
cable curls one arm to side 3x8 - 20lb

Sunday off completely, we went to sushi AYCE but I felt sick from some kind of food, so I was not able to eat that much as I would like to do. So after sushi I had only yogurt and pineaple to help me with digestion. I did not wrote down what I ate...

Monday:

Cardio HIIT 30min, 10int, 145Hr/ 189 KCal

seated side laterals elbows bent 5x10+10 - 20+10lb
superset
- seated side laterals 5x12+10 - 20+10lb
- press on bowflex 5x15 - 25lb/side
superset
- rear laterals laying on bench 4x12+12 - 20+10lb
- rear delts reverse peck deck 4x12 - 100lb
superset
- side laterals ChG 4x12+15 - 20+10lb
- triceps overgrip extensons 4x10 - 40lb
- triceps undergrip extensions 4x10-8 - 40lb
triceps overhead extensions 5x12 - 40lb

Tuesday:

cardio steady, 60min, 5km/h, incline 3, 115 TF/322Kcal

lat pulldowns 1x12 - 50, 2x12 - 80, 3x10 - 100, 1x15 -80lb
lat pulldowns standing to waist 5x12 - 60lb
superset
- rows to chest upper cable 5x10 - 80,80,80,90,90lb
-narrow lat pulldowns 5x10 - 80,80,80,90,90lb
one arm cable bent over rows 4x10 - 30lb
one arm cable biceps curls 4x12 - 20lb
dumbells biceps curls 4x15 - 15lb
cardio steady 30min, 5km/h, incline 3, 110TF/159Kcal

I am back on my average diet, I just switched peanuts to 60g of cashew/day. I am doing a little bit more cardio and more steady cardio as I have no other carb days than the refeed one. Rest of the week is keto. So I have HIIT only one day after my carbing up. I added few evening sessions of cardio too.

Wednesday:
1st phase
cardio steady, 60min, 5km/h, incline 3, 115 TF/318Kcal
incline press 5x15+10 - 25+20lb
lower cable crossovers5x12 - 25lb/side
upper cable crossovers 5x12 -25lb/side

2nd phase will be legs and cardio today.

Bronwyn
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi all. I have not been consistent lately with this journal but I will try to improve. My training and diet continued till Olympia pretty consistent way, so far that I was 8lb above contest weight during my photoshoots there.

Before Olympia I fought with right shoulder and lat problems and I felt constantly overloaded and tired. Some days I even got to state I hated going to the gym and here I have to say having it in the house is a plus in moments like this.

Olympia helped me a lot. I reunited with my second family from GG Venice again plus several friends around the world. Album is here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.607030939338603.1073741833.299533136755053&type=1

First day I had therapy with Derik Farnsworth and he helped me really a lot with my problems I fought with from AC. Off course it was painful LOL but it helped me immediately and till today no problem returned back.

Here is a video of Derik torturing me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CrOfzeLVPKk

After my return I started to work on finding my permanent job again as I feel I would LOVE to return back. And now only conditions are holding me back, but I see I am still able to do constant progress forward. I also started my v-log: my life in...
First two chapters are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eaz4niWWV0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGAHglJyWaM

Bronwyn
10-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Today is a refeed day and my training in the morning was:

lat pulldowns 1x15 - 40, 3x12 -80lb
pullups 3x8,5+2,4+3 - bw
deadlifts 5x6-8 - 132lb
one arm rows 4x8 - 25+bar
narrow grip standing lat pulldowns 5x15 - 40lb
biceps alternate curls 4x12 - 15lb

I am very happy how the training went today as I DID pullups in last couple of trainings and t was doable, but I had to watch myself and time to time I still tend to dislocate my shoulder and had pains in lat and rear delt couple of days, but today NOTHING, no pain, no dislocated shoulder, no problems during or after the training... YAY! I think therapy with Derik was worth it. I LOVE pull ups and I built my "wings" at it and now I may train it with full force again!

Yesterday I did not train at all, and two previous training sessions were:

first training after Olympia: shoulders + arms
side laterals 6x10+10 - 20+10lb
superset
- bent elbows side laterals 5x12+8 - 20+10lb
- press on bowflex 5x10 - 25lb/side
superset
- rear laterals laying on bench 6x15 - 15lb
- seated reverse peck deck 6x12 - 80lb
triceps extensions overgrip 6x12 - 50lb
superset
- tri ext undergrip 5x12 - 40lb
- tri ext overhead 5x12 - 40lb
biceps curls dumbells 5x12 - 15lb
25min steady cardio 4 incline, 5km/h - 144Kcal

Second training:
squats no weight 3x30
superset
- leg extensions 5x15 - 40lb with peak contraction
- lunges over the gym 5x10+10 - bw
superset
- standing leg curls 4x15 - 20lb
- step ups 4x12 - bw
seated leg curls 5x12 - 50lb
superset
- incline dumbell press 4x20 - 25lb
- incline db flies 4x12 - 20lb
lower cable crossovers 5x12 - 25lb/side
upper cable crossovers 5x12 - 25lb/side

First day I forgot the basement gym has no heating system, so there was below 10°C(50F) and my palms sticked to weights and my breath was visible as small fog clouds. I had to return home for a jacket. Cold enviroment actually helps to keep you moving. And shorten breaks between sets as you really do not want to freeze your as* off there. However I have a new goal in mind. I will let it secret for now as it is far away, but it is keeping me going. The goal I have now risen at the Olympia.

First plan is to create conditions. Somehow. I dont want to be a webcam girl, that is for sure. I never wanted sport to take over my life 100%, I always wanted to have some other doors open and preferably work out of the sport field. Or related to sport but not 100% sport only.

I have a goal to have a job untill the end of this month. Somehow.... will be a first step on a long new road.

Bronwyn
10-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Yesterday I spent with my man as his off job days are Mondays. I did only some cardio and that was it.

Today I had to wake up at 6AM as I promised my man I will help him on benchpress. And afterward I did my 45 minutes of cardio on empty stomach (treadmill, incline 4, 5 kph), took my 5g of glutamine and get back to sleep.

Noon I had my training:
seated side laterals 6x12 - 15lb
seated side laterals elbows bent 5x12 - 15lb
side laterals on cables 5x10 - 10lb negative phase very slow
superset
- side laterals on cables behind the back 4x12 -10lb
- press on bowflex 4x12 - 25lb/side
reverse peck deck 3x16 - 50, 3x12 -80lb
superset
- tric. ext. overgrip 5x10 - 40lb
- tric. ext. undergrip 5x8 - 40lb
- tric. ext. overhead 5x8 - 40lb

After training and another glutamine I did some stretching and foam rolling. I have some painful bastard in my right lower lat now and cant get it out. I am not tough to roll over the pipe though. I am still rolling only over foamroller as over harder pipe I always feel pain on spine.

Than job center and internet coffee as usually. Yesterday I featured new album on my FB, 2010, with new fitness facts. I do it some time - always add some older never used pics and write down ten interesting facts from my prep, for example: "Do you know that in 2009 I did 8 hours of cardio precontest? I survived it by watching videos: RtB, Blood and Guts and the whole Star Wars saga http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies/smile.png " It seems people like to hear some info behind the prep http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies/smile.png

swingslammer
10-08-2013, 09:32 PM
I always enjoy hearing the information of a prep rather than just the numbers of weights used. Keep working on the job....I know sooner or later I will look on here and you will have big news that you finally have a job!

Later, Cal

Bronwyn
10-10-2013, 03:01 AM
I always enjoy hearing the information of a prep rather than just the numbers of weights used. Keep working on the job....I know sooner or later I will look on here and you will have big news that you finally have a job!

Later, Cal

Hi, I hope so. I pray for it...

BTW: than look at my fanpage at facebook, I just finished featuring my 2010 album. I think it is nice to add facts to album so people may read some "backstage" things I did and also look at those pics to see. Especially years when I competed I am giving the insight what was behind that "polished" look backstage. Injuries, good luck, bad luck, incredible meetings of incredible people, events etc. For me it is always a nice retrospective when I am figuring out what to write there... :)

Bronwyn
10-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Todays training crystalized as pretty insane one, but sometimes it is the only way to ease down the inner pain. It is no way easy for me - do not forget to resetle I left my family and close friends behind and time to time I miss them so much. Especially here, where a number of my close friends is literally zero. Some days I am OK with all of this and take it as another challenge on my road to victory, but some days it just crush me down without warring signs.
I am lucky having my great man with me, who is working hard and is super supportive to me now.
Back training today supposed to be lighter one :
lat pulldowns 1x20 - 40, 2x10 - 80, 2x6 - 110 lb
pullups 2x4 bw
lat pulldowns 2x8 - 100, 4x12 - 80lb
superset
- narrow lat pulldowns 5x10 - 100lb
- rows on upper cable to chest 5x10 - 100lb
superset
- cable one arm bent over rows 3x15 - 30, 3x12 - 40lb
- standing lat rows to waist 6x12 - 60lb
- standing trap rows upper cable 6x10 - 60lb
bowflex rows 5x10 - 25lb/side
lat pulldowns 2x12 - 80lb
db side biceps curls standing 4x10 - 20lb
one arm cable biceps curls 6x12 - 20 lb

Bold are my personal bests from beggining of the training cycle.
Off course I ended up with nice lump in my lower back, so next step was 20 minutes of stretching and foam rolling.

I wish to have the capacity of regeneration I had when I started this sport in my teens, when I was able to wake up at 4:30, go to run outside, return, prepare my food, go to school, go to part time job, go to the gym, stay there till closing time, help re-rack weights and clean ladies locker rooms (I had free tanning and supps for that), go home, cook and next day repeat it all.... nowdays I have no idea if I would be still able to run around like this and not to drop dead at the end of the week.

BTW: I added two new chapters to my V-log, seafood and diet or lets say nutrition as I am on that kind of food all year round and it perfectly works for me, I am still around 10lb above contest weight and keeping it up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTqDLg17J-Y - the diet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQxVC4DW-Q - the seafood

Bronwyn
10-10-2013, 11:27 PM
My man bought a rack! Yay! We did not have any in the basement I train in, and sometimes it was funny to solve it. Benchpress on the treadmill or squats between two benches was how we solved it before.... (wait for my further v-logs I think I taped it as well).

BEFORE:
http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=306903&d=1381461241&thumb=1 (http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=306903&d=1381461241)

But today, drums please, I tested our new equipment and it felt great. I did not go to my PRs here as I was training alone and because of my past injury on squats I still have a respect from heavy weights on it. But I think was a nice solid training so far.

benchpress 1x20 - bar, 1x12 - 95, 5x8-6 - 115 lb
incline db press 5x15-20 -25lb
upper cable crossovers 5x12 - 25lb/side
squats 1x20 - bar, 1x20 - 95lb, 1x15 - 115, 4x10 - 132lb
leg extensions 5x12 - 70lb
leg curls 6x12 - 40lb

Weight dropped nicely this week, so I am already looking for our refeed on Sunday :P

Bronwyn
10-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Today is off day in training, not diet - off day in Diet is Sunday. So I am slacking in Horton`s Coffee and sending some CVs. I also taped something as better intro for my v-logs and had fun with it, so decided to add more talks like that as a part of v-log. I am talkative but in English I sometimes have problems especially with pronunciation sometimes. Sometimes I say lungs instead lunges or sick instead of thick - and in some sentences it may create really funny consequences. Sick bacon or training of lungs is funny :)

Here is the video > BTW: when I saw my facial expressions on a bigger computer screen I almost spit my coffee to my keyboard. I look a bit crazy I know... but that is me. Take it or let it be :D LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FRqxtVwRI

Tomorrow I plan shoulders and arms training and some cardio. I am a bit inconsistent with my cardio after Olympia but as far as I keep my weight down I am trying not to overdo it, to have space for further prep.

Bronwyn
10-12-2013, 06:47 PM
We had a very interesting discussion at FB about fashion of 90ties and 80ties. About that stripped spandex thing and thongs over legins and rubber thick belts over leotards and loose T-shirts with big neckline... OMG I started that time so I myself had that kind of outfits and I know that my guy told me there was some discussion about me on one Czech site that I still wear that horrible retro fashion clothes and if it makes me worse athlete LOL. I LIKE IT, GET USED TO IT LOL http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png Off course I would never ever in my life took thongs over legins anymore or rubber belt and leotard, but I still like spandex legins to knees (legs looks great in them), ankle warming socks and LOVE that loose t-shirts. I have still two original early 90ties at home in Europe somewhere, and I was so happy I found out retro shirts in Venice on boardwalk nearby musclepit. So today my training was highly retro.... the only thing I dont have and I always wanted is the golden bodybuilder pendant, there were even a female versions that time I remember, but as teenage kid I never had money to buy some.

My training today:

side laterals 6x12 - 15lb
side laterals lean against the bench (ChG version) 5x12 - 15lb
military press db 2x10 - 15lb (front delt start to hurt again after benchpress)
superset
- reverse peck deck 5x10 - 70lb
- laying rear laterals 5x12 - 15lb
db biceps curls 3x12 - 15lb
superset
- tri ext. overgrip 5x10 - 40lb
- tri.ext. undergrip 5x10 - 40lb
tri. ext. overhead 5x10 - 50lb
kickbacks 4x12 - 15lb
cardio 30min, incline 4, 5kph, 180Kcal

"nasty 90ties girl" LOL http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=307030&d=1381617406&thumb=1 (http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=307030&d=1381617406)

Bronwyn
10-14-2013, 06:06 AM
It is 3AM and I can not sleep. I am after my carbup aka pigday, and that day I usually do not sleep at all. Carbs do this to me... I like the feeling of strenght they are giving me, but I hate when I can not sleep, I hate bloated belly and I hate, that its true - carbs are kinda pro-inflammatory. So next day I have to rise my supps offten and I also time to time wake up with runny nose or sorethorat. Usually I go detox after this day.

We celebrated a Thanksgiving with our friend here. I had only cardio in the morning on empty stomach and I posed a bit. I have to say to myself I look good for offseason. I never looked this way. I used to be chubby each offseason - 30lb plus, sometimes 35-40lb above my contest shape. But now I am 10-12lb the most, 8lb usually and I love it. All changed when I start to play with ketodiets and search why keto goes so well with euthyreotic sick syndrome (ESS - what is one part of my thyroid problem). And I found out finally bonds of T3 metabolism and carb metabolism and after all those years I finally feel like having it all under the controll. I plan to write a blog about it soon for my facebook...

Otherwise as Thanksgiving going on I am really thankfull for my great wonderfull guy, who is standing by my side (well in this moment sleeping ) 10th year. We went trough so many things - his and mine injuries, my nearly death and resurection, my big losses and my good years. And all the time I had him by my side. I really love him so much and I am thankfull for all that 9 years under our belt! THANKS DANIEL.

AnglicanBeachParty
10-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Just now found this journal. I will read and catch up on your life now!

I LOVE the journal title, by the way!

Bronwyn
10-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Just now found this journal. I will read and catch up on your life now!

I LOVE the journal title, by the way!

Hi welcome ABP, Thanks. I am trying to update as much as possible...

Bronwyn
10-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Well I had offday two days in a row as left shoulder start to cause problems and I think one training extra is not worth eventual week off or injury. Monday I passed 20+ week mark for my potentional precontest (AC 2014). So I start to heating up my engines. Not in mode 100% yet, but getting there.

TUE:
cardio on empty stomach 45minutes (will be 4x week now)
afternoon:
pullups 2x 7, 4+3 - bw
superset
- lat pulldown 5x10 - 70lb
- rows on upper cable to chest 5x10 - 70lb
-shrughs on lower cable 5x10-8 - 70lb
superset
- narrow grip lat pulldowns 5x10 - 70lb
- standing lat pulldowns to waist 5x12 - 60lb
- one arm cable bent over rows 5x12 - 40lb
superset
- db bent over rows 4x20 -35lb
- db biceps curls 4x12 - 20lb
one arm cable curls to side 4x12 - 20lb
heavy ab crunches - upper cable 3x10 - 70lb

WED:
6AM
benchpress 1x20 - bar, 1x15 - 95, 5x10 - 115lb
squats 1x15 - 65, 1x15 - 95, 1x12 - 115, 3x10 - 135, 2x8-10 - 165, 1x15 - 115lb

3PM
upper cable crossovers 5x15 - 25lb/side
leg extensions 5x12 - 70lb
seated leg curls 5x12 - 50lb

THUR:
cardio 45minutes on empty stomach

Today we were at first screening of Escape Plan with Arnold S. and Sylvestr S. - cool film, thrilling, pretty good story twists so when you think you know who is the "bad guy" something unexpected will happen, OK some cliches of action films are there too, but Arnie is great bringing some humor to the drama... surprising end. I like "spy-like" films about looking for details and thinking and planing... Its more like "Oceans Eleven" than "Commando", but I enjoyed it a lot.

FRI
seated side laterals 4x15 20lb
seated side laterals elbows bent 4x12 15lb
press on bowflex 4x15 25lb\side
laying rear laterals 4x15 20lb
reverse peck deck 3x12 60lb, 2x10 90lb
triceps ext.overgrip 4x10 50lb
tri ext undergrip 4x10 50lb
tri ext over the head 4x10 50lb
heavy ab cruncehs upper cable 4x10 70lb

SAT - today only cardio 45min on empty stomach. I added some proteins and I am a bit heavier and rounder. Times like that makes me to freak out sometimes but I know I am now holding some water and also I started to fill in, so as far as weight goes - fat on abs and waist measurement will be my new "controll system" now. From tomorrow it is 19 weeks out. Cardio will be every day. Diet will be more strict - no snacks if cravings hit me. Last year I was able to go from fat girl (30lb above my contest weight) to WPD girl in 12 weeks. Right now I am almost 20lb lighter and tighter, but I HAVE TO BE shredded! And I want to be ready not on time, but ahead of time.... to may fix some things if necessary and do as less as possible the peaking week as I always screw up the peaking week.

Bronwyn
10-20-2013, 03:29 AM
Lot of things happened... as you can see I could not resist and I am back in the battle mode. Still the prep is very water layed.. no backup, no help from anyone, still only few clients and temporary job time to time. Anyway at the Olympia I was told by several people including one judge that my structure is beyond great and the only thing keeping me off is hardness... The DAMNED HARDNESS! And than I realized except Arnold there is another big opportunity laying in the future, I do not want to spoil yet. Maybe it is the last chance for me.... So I could not just stay still....

Also another thing is that even on a budget I am going forward. I improved some parts, I am 10lb above contest weight right now with visible side abs (never had it before), legs are tighter than last year, back seems bigger, V taper is even more cartoonish.... And last days I cried - yes cried - during the training, as I had seen how I look and could not do anything with it.....

So maybe this way will not happen but I believe it will - I stepped on first stones already. Daniel is so sweet trying to help me the way he can. Alea Iacta Est - Dices were thrown....

AnglicanBeachParty
10-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi welcome ABP, Thanks. I am trying to update as much as possible...

I subscribed to your YouTube channel, too!

Bronwyn
10-20-2013, 09:16 PM
I subscribed to your YouTube channel, too!
Hope you will like it. :)

I have two channels now: princesteel and Lada P. - one one will be now the series "My life in Venice - Road to AC and on second is my current Vlog to not mix it...

both channels and videos (this is for all people reading it here) are on www.facebook.com/Lada.Bronwyn.Plihalova (http://www.facebook.com/Lada.Bronwyn.Plihalova)

------------------------------------------------
Today refeed. Kcal intake up to 8000-10 000Kcal today, eating whatever I want but it works for me this way...

Lat pulldowns 3x15 - 70lb
superset
- Barbel bent over rows 4x12-10 - 132lb
- Deadlifts 4x12-10 - 132lb
Lat pulldowns 4x10 - 80, 3x8-10 - 100lb
Narrow grip lat pulldowns 5x12 - 100lb
Upper cable rows to chest 5x12 - 2x100, 3x90lb

Posing 20minutes

I skiped biceps today. It was kinda overtrained. I also started to pose. Not to check out the shape and conditioning now, but to fix poses in right setup, get used to flexing, get used to getting into pose comfortable and automatize everything. And it is different kind of training as well...

Bronwyn
11-08-2013, 03:21 PM
OK time to update my log. Things rolled over me as wild river. First I start to train with a client in October. She lived in our house so we might use house gym and I did not need to pay rent in some commercial gym therefore.
Few weeks after I got a permanent job in Fitness Town, what is a superstore with various fitness stuff... I am in training now. Never been to sales before except working for supermarket in my school days. But our job is also to help people with qualified advice what to do and how to do it, so my position is fitness consulting plus sales. I like it as it is a new challenge.

Off course I continue in my training and pursuit for my pro-card. I train 5x week and cardio 3-4x week now. Slacking in cardio I know.... :D Have to improve it soon :D But all will be better when I will have my steady schedule for my work. Two weeks now I was in training and various stores etc. so I did my training around it, plus around my client, who is now gone back home.

So that is all.. my last two trainings were:

benchpress 5x7
upper cable crossovers 4x20
lower cable crossovers 4x20
superset
narrow squat 5x15
leg extensions 5x20
superset
squats 5x15
leg curls seated 5x15
stiff legged deadlifts with db 5x15

side laterals seated 5x10 - 20lb
side laterals ChG version 5x10 - 20lb
rear laterals laying 5x10 -15lb
reverse peck deck 5x10 - 70,70,80,80,90
press on bowflex 4x10 - 15lb/side
triceps undergrip 4x12 - 40lb
triceps over the head 4x12 - 40lb

my average food I have now are eggs or protein, tuna can or two and 200g of chicken plus peanuts for fat.

Bronwyn
11-08-2013, 03:22 PM
.. and btw: on my facebook page videos are going on and on. I added I think 10 episodes of Venice adventure and 20 episodes of my road to AC 2014...

curvygirl
04-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Well...she has not been here in a while but Lada is still competing. I know she hit the 2014 Arnold Amateur stage and here she is at the 2014 Jay Cutler Desert Classic! She placed 1st FBB & 2nd WP :D (http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=360&year=989&bodybuilder=57404#7)