PDA

View Full Version : Team U Journal

joedemarco
06-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I've been keeping a training journal in the master's section, however with less than 12 weeks until contest time, it just seemed to make more sense to post it in the contest prep section.

Training has been going great. I'm really happy with my conditioning at this point (~11.5 weeks out). However, I know I still have a long road ahead of me to reach the level of conditioning that I set as my goal.

I made a small change in my nutrition plan this week. My first and last meals of the day have been altered slightly. Instead of 2 whole eggs and 4 whites, I switched it to 1 whole egg and 5 whites.

My nutrition plan now looks as follows:

Training Days:
Meal #1: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)
Meal #2: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB (after training)
Meal #3: Can Tuna/Salad Greens/TBSP Vega Oil(Omega 3,6 blend)
Meal #4: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB
Meal #5: 8 oz. Tilapia/serving broccoli/TBSP PB
Meal #6: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)

Non-training (Sundays):
Meal #2: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB
Meal #3: Can Tuna/Salad Greens/TBSP Vega Oil
Meal #4: 8 oz. Tilapia/serving broccoli/TBSP PB
Meal #5: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)

I interchange my tuna meal with my tilapia meal. Depends whatever I'm in the mood for.

In regards to cardio, I upped my post leg workout cardio session (today) to 50 minutes. Cardio sessions on other training days have been increased to 60 minutes. Non training cardio days will be increased to 75 minutes.

Hopefully, within the next couple of days I'll post some updated progress pics.

Scoobysnacks
06-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I've been keeping a training journal in the master's section, however with less than 12 weeks until contest time, it just seemed to make more sense to post it in the contest prep section.

Training has been going great. I'm really happy with my conditioning at this point (~11.5 weeks out). However, I know I still have a long road ahead of me to reach the level of conditioning that I set as my goal.

I made a small change in my nutrition plan this week. My first and last meals of the day have been altered slightly. Instead of 2 whole eggs and 4 whites, I switched it to 1 whole egg and 5 whites.

My nutrition plan now looks as follows:

Training Days:
Meal #2: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB (after training)
Meal #3: Can Tuna/Salad Greens/TBSP Vega Oil(Omega 3,6 blend)
Meal #4: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB
Meal #5: 8 oz. Tilapia/serving broccoli/TBSP PB
Meal #6: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)

Non-training (Sundays):
Meal #2: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB
Meal #3: Can Tuna/Salad Greens/TBSP Vega Oil
Meal #4: 8 oz. Tilapia/serving broccoli/TBSP PB
Meal #5: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)

I interchange my tuna meal with my tilapia meal. Depends whatever I'm in the mood for.

In regards to cardio, I upped my post leg workout cardio session (today) to 50 minutes. Cardio sessions on other training days have been increased to 60 minutes. Non training cardio days will be increased to 75 minutes.

Hopefully, within the next couple of days I'll post some updated progress pics.

Ketogenic diet, you refeeding or at least taking a cheat meal? Just curious, I know you know how to get into shape so what works works for you, but when I go keto I make sure to get one day of carbs in there to help the thyroid. Your thoughts?

Ss

joedemarco
06-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Ketogenic diet, you refeeding or at least taking a cheat meal? Just curious, I know you know how to get into shape so what works works for you, but when I go keto I make sure to get one day of carbs in there to help the thyroid. Your thoughts?

Ss

I agree, you need that one refeed a week during that type of diet. I've been doing a weekly cheat meal on Saturday nights. It's amazing the stimulation it gives my metabolism.

By the way, your conditioning was right on at Jr. Nationals! 6th Place was nothing short of a crime...just my 2 cents.

Scoobysnacks
06-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I agree, you need that one refeed a week during that type of diet. I've been doing a weekly cheat meal on Saturday nights. It's amazing the stimulation it gives my metabolism.

By the way, your conditioning was right on at Jr. Nationals! 6th Place was nothing short of a crime...just my 2 cents.

I figured you were adding it. I did the whole day once per week started at around 700 carbs and worked up to 1200 spread over the day, sun up to sun down, low fat, rather than cheating on anything. The metabolism boost from it is insane. Good Luck in your prep.

And thanks for your comments, they went for size and enough conditioning. Next year, Ill be at the top of the class and same conditioning, thats my goal, or better conditioning.

Ss

joedemarco
06-30-2009, 06:48 PM
I figured you were adding it. I did the whole day once per week started at around 700 carbs and worked up to 1200 spread over the day, sun up to sun down, low fat, rather than cheating on anything. The metabolism boost from it is insane. Good Luck in your prep.

And thanks for your comments, they went for size and enough conditioning. Next year, Ill be at the top of the class and same conditioning, thats my goal, or better conditioning.

Ss

What did you weigh in this year at?

bigem225
06-30-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm doing keto right now I was wonderin what u guys think is better. cheat meal or refeed day ?? or do u think they are both just as good

Scoobysnacks
06-30-2009, 09:46 PM
What did you weigh in this year at?

Thurs night 150 I was 146 by late friday evening, so 146 to 145 would have been my guess Sat morning.

joedemarco
06-30-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm doing keto right now I was wonderin what u guys think is better. cheat meal or refeed day ?? or do u think they are both just as good

Personally, I like to just use one cheat meal. I have my cheat meal as my last meal on a Saturday. I follow that with a lower calorie day on Sunday. So by Monday, my metabolism is racing! It seems to work really great for me.

mo.
07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Good luck with the rest of your training. I'll be there as well competing as a middle weight. It will be here before we know it!

joedemarco
07-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Good luck with the rest of your training. I'll be there as well competing as a middle weight. It will be here before we know it!

I know...weigh-ins are 11 weeks from today! Best of luck to you.

fitmomma3
07-02-2009, 10:47 AM
North of Boston? I'm in Methuen! Will you be posting progress pics along with your journal and prep?

SBT
07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
And I am just west of Boston!!

I'll also be at Team U!! :)

joedemarco
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
North of Boston? I'm in Methuen! Will you be posting progress pics along with your journal and prep?

Yes, I will get some progress pics up very shortly. What club do you train at in Methuen?

And I am just west of Boston!!

I'll also be at Team U!! :)

Best of luck at Team U! What division are you competing in?

fitmomma3
07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes, I will get some progress pics up very shortly. What club do you train at in Methuen? Latitude was Golds a few years back... I love it there and we have quite a few competitors there.

joedemarco
07-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Latitude was Golds a few years back... I love it there and we have quite a few competitors there.

LOL.......I'm the General Manager and Fitness Director there. Say "hi" some time.

fitmomma3
07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
LOL.......I'm the General Manager and Fitness Director there. Say "hi" some time.WHAT?!?! OK I know I keep my head down and am not a huge social butterfly lol but I'm there everyday sometimes twice a day lol... are you on the floor or in the offices? I'll be in there tonight for shoulders and cardio lol

joedemarco
07-02-2009, 01:19 PM
WHAT?!?! OK I know I keep my head down and am not a huge social butterfly lol but I'm there everyday sometimes twice a day lol... are you on the floor or in the offices? I'll be in there tonight for shoulders and cardio lol

I usually lift in the a.m. and then I'm there usually all day until 5 PM. When I'm working out I'm definitely no social butterfly. I actually think I look pretty unapproachable. I keep my head down and don't talk to anyone.

During the day, I'm usually in my office or walking around the club. I'm sure we'll run into each other some time soon.

fitmomma3
07-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I usually lift in the a.m. and then I'm there usually all day until 5 PM. When I'm working out I'm definitely no social butterfly. I actually think I look pretty unapproachable. I keep my head down and don't talk to anyone.

During the day, I'm usually in my office or walking around the club. I'm sure we'll run into each other some time soon.Absolutely, what a small world! lol I've really only interacted with Dan and Lisa (if you say the Villers Girl with the crazy twins - I'm sure they'll know who you're talking about lol) and the old staff that use to be at the front desk...don't want to high jack your journal, with personal gym stuff lol but I will def be following along! Best of luck during prep!! We really are lucky to have so many bodybuilders at our gym I hear people say all the time they're the only ones at theirs. Right now prepping we have you, Leslie for Master's, Mark for NA's, and Jackie will be doing Nationals in NOV. and I'm sure there's prob more... VERY MOTIVATING! :D

joedemarco
07-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Been busy training and haven't had a chance to update recently. Everything is going as planned. I switched cardio over to double sessions this week. It doesn't get anymore fun then that.

With my weekly cardio increases, I have been holding my diet pretty steady each week and continue to make excellent progress.

I have some good separation and cross striations happening all over. I grabbed a quick pic (it's a little blury) that shows the cross striations coming in at my triceps.

Scoobysnacks
07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Looks good.

Hey didnt I read that you were a vegetarian and only ate soy products for your proteins? I see fish on that diet. Do you eat fish, just no chicken, beef, etc.

joedemarco
07-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Looks good.

Hey didnt I read that you were a vegetarian and only ate soy products for your proteins? I see fish on that diet. Do you eat fish, just no chicken, beef, etc.

I am a vegetarian. I had been a vegan (no animal products, what so ever) for quite some time also, but went off my vegan diet several months ago for a number of reasons. Although I don't eat meat, my diet currently utilizes whey, fish and eggs for proteins sources. In regards to soy, I've used it in the past, but am not a big fan of it.

joedemarco
08-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Couple quick pics of the legs last night at about 5.5 weeks out. I'm hold a lot of water at this time because of the amount of sodium I'm taking in. I'm about 10 pounds over my weight class at this point. I should have no problem getting my skin to look like saran wrap when the water comes out and I drop the 10 pounds.