PDA

View Full Version : Fighting off the arch enemy - sugar...

Nic Brunicardi
02-17-2009, 11:31 AM
How do people who normally crave and love sugar and sweets stay clear of it, when they're not officially on a "diet"?
Personally I'm doomed once the stuff's inside the house! I can't have any leftover sweets lying around without having to stuff myself. I have no self control whatsoever...

Do people have any tips or tricks they'd like to share? Things they eat or drink to stop the cravings?

chucksm00th
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
How do people who normally crave and love sugar and sweets stay clear of it, when they're not officially on a "diet"?
Personally I'm doomed once the stuff's inside the house! I can't have any leftover sweets lying around without having to stuff myself. I have no self control whatsoever...

Do people have any tips or tricks they'd like to share? Things they eat or drink to stop the cravings?

Remove it from your house for starters, if its in the cupboards then you probably will eat it.

Waldensfarms make sugar free jams and chocolate spreads, you can also try checking into the nutritional portion of the threads for spiced up ideas w/ protein. I posted a Protein Pudding which is very tasty. it does contain a few sugars but its not going to hurt you, but i wouldnt suggest some of the things on there if you do dedice to diet for a comp of course:D

Nic Brunicardi
02-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Remove it from your house for starters, if its in the cupboards then you probably will eat it.

Waldensfarms make sugar free jams and chocolate spreads, you can also try checking into the nutritional portion of the threads for spiced up ideas w/ protein. I posted a Protein Pudding which is very tasty. it does contain a few sugars but its not going to hurt you, but i wouldnt suggest some of the things on there if you do dedice to diet for a comp of course:D
I will give that pudding a go! :D
And you're absolutely right about removing all sweets from the house! Otherwise I can't control myself...
I've been looking at some of the products from Waldenfarms, but never bought any. Are they tasty?

chucksm00th
02-18-2009, 04:16 PM
I will give that pudding a go! :D
And you're absolutely right about removing all sweets from the house! Otherwise I can't control myself...
I've been looking at some of the products from Waldenfarms, but never bought any. Are they tasty?

The dressings are decent. The chocolate syrup has much to be desired. The jams are great if you want them on Ezekial bread in AM.
BBQ sauce is good but only if you get the spicy one. Maple syrup is awesome!!! Great on Protein Pancakes or in your oatmeal

Nic Brunicardi
02-19-2009, 01:29 AM
The dressings are decent. The chocolate syrup has much to be desired. The jams are great if you want them on Ezekial bread in AM.
BBQ sauce is good but only if you get the spicy one. Maple syrup is awesome!!! Great on Protein Pancakes or in your oatmeal

Sounds like something worth trying - thanks man! :)

Angela123
02-19-2009, 02:04 AM
the most obvious being...dont buy the stuff.

i drink lots...lots. to make my stomach full. i drink flavored coffee, for cheap stuff, folgers make chocolate silk, hazelnut, french vanilla and cinnamon swirl...its really good and herbal teas, lipton makes good flavors, a good one is carmel vanilla truffle, add some artificial sweetners to the coffee and tea to bring out thr flavors more so. if ur not dieting hardcore, use some coffemate. they make fat free and sugar free kind. the sugar free has flavors such as french vanilla, vanilla carmel and hazelnut. crystal lite (actually the walmart generic brand...2 dollars cheaper and 0 cals, not 5 like crystal lite) sugar free kool aid and diet pop to help with my sugar cravings. diet a&w cream soda, diet a&w root beer, diet orange crush and diet dr pepper cherry vanilla are good.

sugar free gum. there are some good flavors out there now. some dont even freshen your breath..but they taste good when chewing lol. is chocolate mint still around? i forget what brand that was.

sugar free jello

sugar free popsicles, though they have some carbs

if u dont want sugar free popsicles, make your own, freeze crystal lite or any sugar free drink in ice cube trays..your own little popsicles.

walden farms stuff is good. sure, you can tell it is artifical..but its still damn good for having NOTHING in it. no cals, carbs, fat, sugar..nothing..but some sodium.

i love oilve oil and spinach salads. so i just fill up on a nice salad with olive oil and tons of salt. i cant have sugar but ill take my salt! or i saute veggies with seasonings and onions. i know..veggies arent everybody's fav. but im lucky, i love them. so as long as i have plenty of veggies and salads, ill fill up on that stuff if im still hungry or wanting something sweet.

cinnamon and artifical sweetner on egg whites are good. makes it seem like you are eating some type of dessert. or put walden farms choc syrup or choc protein powder in the egg whites, cook it like a pancake..sort of like a choc pancake. add some oats if u can have carbs...makes it seem more like a pancake.

im sure ill think of more.

im very compulsive and a binger...so i cant have the shit in my house. i know some people who say, well just have a little bit to cure your sweet tooth. um...no. sorry. ill eat the whole bag of cookies, then the jar of pb and a box of cereal and whatever else i can find. once i eat sugar...it is all down hill!

Nic Brunicardi
02-19-2009, 02:14 AM
im very compulsive and a binger...so i cant have the shit in my house. i know some people who say, well just have a little bit to cure your sweet tooth. um...no. sorry. ill eat the whole bag of cookies, then the jar of pb and a box of cereal and whatever else i can find. once i eat sugar...it is all down hill!
That's exactly my problem! I gorge on sweets if it's around http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink026.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)
Thanks for all the inspiration, hon - you're the best!

Lordston
02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
the most obvious being...dont buy the stuff.

i drink lots...lots. to make my stomach full. i drink flavored coffee, for cheap stuff, folgers make chocolate silk, hazelnut, french vanilla and cinnamon swirl...its really good and herbal teas, lipton makes good flavors, a good one is carmel vanilla truffle, add some artificial sweetners to the coffee and tea to bring out thr flavors more so. if ur not dieting hardcore, use some coffemate. they make fat free and sugar free kind. the sugar free has flavors such as french vanilla, vanilla carmel and hazelnut. crystal lite (actually the walmart generic brand...2 dollars cheaper and 0 cals, not 5 like crystal lite) sugar free kool aid and diet pop to help with my sugar cravings. diet a&w cream soda, diet a&w root beer, diet orange crush and diet dr pepper cherry vanilla are good.

sugar free gum. there are some good flavors out there now. some dont even freshen your breath..but they taste good when chewing lol. is chocolate mint still around? i forget what brand that was.

sugar free jello

sugar free popsicles, though they have some carbs

if u dont want sugar free popsicles, make your own, freeze crystal lite or any sugar free drink in ice cube trays..your own little popsicles.

walden farms stuff is good. sure, you can tell it is artifical..but its still damn good for having NOTHING in it. no cals, carbs, fat, sugar..nothing..but some sodium.

i love oilve oil and spinach salads. so i just fill up on a nice salad with olive oil and tons of salt. i cant have sugar but ill take my salt! or i saute veggies with seasonings and onions. i know..veggies arent everybody's fav. but im lucky, i love them. so as long as i have plenty of veggies and salads, ill fill up on that stuff if im still hungry or wanting something sweet.

cinnamon and artifical sweetner on egg whites are good. makes it seem like you are eating some type of dessert. or put walden farms choc syrup or choc protein powder in the egg whites, cook it like a pancake..sort of like a choc pancake. add some oats if u can have carbs...makes it seem more like a pancake.

im sure ill think of more.

+1... Every idea I use Ondrea listed in her post. :)