PDA

View Full Version : Training to failure

Canuck_Muscle
06-30-2009, 04:57 AM
Do u guys and gals train to failure or stop just short of? If u do or don't please explain why.

militantmuscle
06-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Failure.

Training to failure takes less time than volume training, so you're eliminating lactic acid and waste buildup in the muscles. Not to mention getting out of the gym faster!

You are providing a stimulus that forces your muscles to adapt by recuperating and getting stronger (provided you have the nutrition to support it).

If using a lower rep range, you will be recruiting type II fiber for the most part, which has the most potential for growth.

Keep in mind there are many ways of training to failure, low rep, high rep, etc. I prefer low volume low rep failure training.

ChunkyThunder
06-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Currently I'm doing Slingshot Training, so I train to positive failure, not beyond, on every set.

When I'm not trying a program I always train with decent volume to positive failure anyway, but also go beyond failure and I'll do things like drop sets, supersets and rest/pause.

dropshot001
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
i go to positive failure mainly because i don't have a training partner. i think that if i did i would try to go for one more and if i hit it i hit it, if not, then i have someone who can rescue me.

Mudpro69
06-30-2009, 03:20 PM
I always thought that went to failure. High rep failure. What is the difference between failure and positive failure?

Foreskin
06-30-2009, 03:48 PM
depends on the excersise and apperatus being used, i'll go to positive failure or stop when i feel i only have 1 left in me

crashcrew56
07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I usually train to failure, I like to add some forced reps into it. I've noticed I have the best results when I train to failure and use forced reps and drop sets