PDA

View Full Version : Building an even more badass, bikini-ready booty!

stephaniewicked
06-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey Guys!

I've been on this site long enough that I felt it was time to start journaling my progress. I had a journal on another board entitled "15 Weeks to a Badass, Bikini-Ready Booty", which chronicled the beginning of my contest prep earlier this year. Halfway through, life just got in the way and I got lazy about updating.

After coming off my victory at the NPC Garden State Classic this past weekend and starting a new training routine last night, I thought now would be a good time to pick up where I left off and get back to tracking.

While I haven't given it TOO much deep thought yet, my current goal is to stay lean for the summer, do a lean bulk in the fall, get my strength and my lifts back up and then diet it off again in January to see what I've sculpted! Those goals might change depending on which steps I decide to take as far as future shows... but I'm going to try and take it one day at a time and figure it out as I go.

Monday, 2009.06.29:
chest press (dumbbells)
chest press (machine)
decline db flyes
pec flyes (machine)

seated overhead tricep extensions
pushdowns - rope attachment
pushdowns - straight bar
close-grip bench press
assisted dips

-xox.

Mudpro69
06-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Keep us up to date. Pictures and all please....

This should be a good thread. I may have to subscribe....:D

Tracy Dawn
06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Good for you! as long as you have some kind of goal!! i tend to get ahead of myself... and the day after a show, win or lose, i am googling the next show when i probly shouldn't!! lol

stephaniewicked
06-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey Tracy!! Thanks for stopping by my journal!

I LOVED your "in the iron asylum" video! I even began incorporating your DB push-ups/combined with rows into my routine after watching that!

Good for you! as long as you have some kind of goal!! i tend to get ahead of myself... and the day after a show, win or lose, i am googling the next show when i probly shouldn't!! lol

I did this after my show in April and by the time I made it to this show, my body was screaming for a break. I'm glad I went through with it, even though it got tougher, because it brought me a step closer to new goals and accomplishments! :)

Tracy Dawn
06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
O thank you!!! I had sooo much fun doing that video! I was a lil overwhelmed! I LOVE, LOVE doing those push -ups!!! They make me "look" strong! I try and get the guys to do em, but theyr scared! LOL I read your bikini article as well... AWESOME!!

Melissa
06-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Steph, I look forward to following your journal. I think your overall personality/style is adds something fresh and different to the sport....especially the bikini arena. Not to many rocker bikini chicks out there. Good luck with your goals!

stephaniewicked
06-30-2009, 02:21 PM
O thank you!!! I had sooo much fun doing that video! I was a lil overwhelmed! I LOVE, LOVE doing those push -ups!!! They make me "look" strong! I try and get the guys to do em, but theyr scared! LOL I read your bikini article as well... AWESOME!!

Psshhh... boys! I bet they think it's a girlie move and won't even attempt it. :rolleyes: Soooo wrong. They were tougher than I expected, but really makes you feel good! :lift3:

And thank you!! :)

stephaniewicked
06-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey Steph, I look forward to following your journal. I think your overall personality/style is adds something fresh and different to the sport....especially the bikini arena. Not to many rocker bikini chicks out there. Good luck with your goals!

Hey Melissa! Thanks for stopping by and for the nice words, love!! :wavey:

Gerb
06-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Congrats on your recent win. Taking it "one day at a time" is a solid plan. Good luck to you.

stephaniewicked
07-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks, Steve! I'm so used to having a plan that I think I need to break that old habit and do what's essential... just sit back for a moment to absorb it all and get myself back to a neutral place before I can consider my next move...

--
Tuesday, 2009.06.30:
lat pulldowns/reverse pulldowns
one-arm DB rows
seated rows
bent over row (underhand grip)

BB bicep curls
preacher curls
straight-bar curls (cable machine)
push-ups

Cardio: Elliptical (30 minutes)

My workouts have been so much better since Sunday... I understand now (even more) the importance of food for fuel and it's effect on training. I was gassing out the last couple of weeks... hardcore. The last few days I've had so much more energy and just felt so much stronger.

I was a few days behind on prepping my meals, but finally did that last night so today is the first offical day back to being a good girl. I swapped chicken for beef and added brown rice to M3. Looking forward to getting back into my 6 daily meals. If left to my own devices, I eat intuitively, which usually leads to overindulging in something... often peanut butter. I know I'm not the only one guilty of that though... I ate an entire bag of generic honey nut cheerios between Mon-Tues. On Sunday night, Jon made me a sundae with a warm brownie, topped with fat-free vanilla fudge swirl frozen yogurt. It was so evil and I loved every bite of it!! It's all out of my system now... Feeling positive today!

tammyp
07-01-2009, 10:33 AM
your smart having an off season plan. keeps you focused!

Melissa
07-01-2009, 07:50 PM
your smart having an off season plan. keeps you focused!

Agreed! And not only does it keep you focused, but it makes it easier to track your progress because you're controlling all variables...diet, training, cardio.

stephaniewicked
07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Well, looks like the off season will be on hold for a couple more weeks... I've been back and forth about doing the Empire States in Suffern, NY on July 18th... but looks like I will in fact be doing it!

I originally wanted to and then some other factors got in the way, but what the hell... it's one more. Then I really do need to focus on getting stronger so I can look better next year.

I have to admit, I'm still scared as hell of gaining weight. I'm so worried that I won't be able to lose it again. It's really a mindfxck and I'm trying hard to get past it.

I did 90 minutes on the step mill tonight... I was going to do legs, but then decided to concentrate on cardio instead.

Only one more day and then the 3-day weekend!

figurebre
07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
I am right there with you on the gaining weight.
Its the only reason why I dont want an offseason. I like being cut up and tiny! :( but it cant last forever I suppose.
good job girl. not much longer till your show, 3 weeks?????? knock em dead!

Melissa
07-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Well, looks like the off season will be on hold for a couple more weeks... I've been back and forth about doing the Empire States in Suffern, NY on July 18th... but looks like I will in fact be doing it!

I originally wanted to and then some other factors got in the way, but what the hell... it's one more. Then I really do need to focus on getting stronger so I can look better next year.

I have to admit, I'm still scared as hell of gaining weight. I'm so worried that I won't be able to lose it again. It's really a mindfxck and I'm trying hard to get past it.

I did 90 minutes on the step mill tonight... I was going to do legs, but then decided to concentrate on cardio instead.

Only one more day and then the 3-day weekend!

I am right there with you on the gaining weight.
Its the only reason why I dont want an offseason. I like being cut up and tiny! :( but it cant last forever I suppose.
good job girl. not much longer till your show, 3 weeks?????? knock em dead!

I did 5 figure shows my first year because I was afraid of getting fat in the offseason....so I totally feel you both on this one. And Steph, I'll be workin' at the Species booth at that show, so maybe we'll get a chance to meet up.

stephaniewicked
07-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks girls!! It's so good to know that I'm not alone and that others understand. It's hard to see yourself gain weight (even if it's to build muscle!), after looking your "best"! :( I hope I can work through all the up and down feelings that come along with that...

Melissa - Sweet! You'll probably recognize me first, so make sure you say hello!! :) I like the name of your blog... sounds like something I need to read to get my head in the right place! Going to check that out now...

MsGuns
07-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Im just askin not knockin anyone...

So you have to be prepping for a show so you wont get "fat"?
Why dont you just diet and workout but not as extreme as prep...

LisaRD23
07-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Keeping to the principals of eating clean, and allowing yourself no more than 2 cheat/free meal per week should limit the amount of fat you gain...if any.

I didn't compete last year but my trainer brought me through contest prep training & dieting (wanted to give it dry run before commiting to a show) anyway I went from 24% to 16% body fat. From Nov-March I pretty much took an off season approach...eating more....building muscle.

Yes I gained weight, and my body changed, clothes got a bit tighter looked a little "fluffier" but my body fat stood below 20%. That was due to knowing my goals and having a plan.

I can't wait untill the fall to so I can start making gains again!

stephaniewicked
07-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Drex - You aren't knocking anyone! :) Before I prepared for my shows this year, I ate mostly clean and trained 5 days a week and maintained between 112-115lbs (I competed at 105-107). I was at a healthy weight, not too fluffy, etc... but I think that after doing shows, I have developed this new anticipated fear of what I may look like if I'm not "dieting" and it scares me...

I wish I could afford a contest prep coach, though even if I wanted to, my BF is strongly against me hiring one. He's a personal trainer and bodybuilder so he thinks I shouldn't spend the money because he knows what he's doing... It isn't that I don't trust him (he does his own prep, so that's proof enough for me!), but we get into way too many arguments over diet as it is currently... I think it would be good for me to work with a knowledgable coach who isn't so close to me... *sigh* :( I want to take things to the next level and I don't know if I can do it alone. I just wish I had the support to do what I feel is necessary to be successful...

figurebre
07-03-2009, 12:42 AM
omg...a bf that is a trainer and thinks he knows it all...that USED to be the story of my life. my ex woulda been pissed if I hired another trainer. But he was a horrible trainer and ended up setting my progress back and ruining my metabolism.

not wanting to step on anyones toes...just sayin

stephaniewicked
07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
So I had an OK workout Thursday night (hams, glutes, 60 min cardio). Too many things on my mind, stemming from my personal life so while I felt it could have been better, it was still a decent effort.

Friday I was still feeling pretty crappy, but still made it there for 90 minutes on the stepmill and felt better afterward. I didn't workout Saturday and Sunday. I feel guilty now, but part of me is glad I got the break (just not the carb overload I indulged in on Sunday). :( I don't even want to get on a scale anytime soon... By Saturday night, I pretty much decided I didn't think I could keep dieting to show up looking good for the Empire States on the 18th. Mentally I need a break and honestly, I just want to EAT! I am, however, still attending the event and helping the promoter with whatever he needs help with that day... so that should still be fun! I feel so much less pressure now. :)

Weekend was low-key, but fun... No bbq's or anything like that. Saturday we did outlet shopping and saw Transformers 2 at night. Yesterday we went water tubing in the Delaware River... Then last night we went to a thai restaurant for dinner (total straight up cheat - pineapple chicken fried rice, served in a hollow pineapple shell!). Later on, I made the protein pumpkin muffin recipe that I found in last month's M&F Hers (pics to be posted in the "muscle meals" section later!) Man was it good!

I've got my head re-focused today and definitely ready to get on an official off-season type diet. I want to build some muscle damnit!! :)

-----
Bre: Ouch! Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the ex. Jon is amazing and I trust that he knows what he's doing; not to mention that my best interest is one of his top priorities... however, we tend to get into disagreements about diet and nutrition, so sometimes I don't feel it's the best idea. I don't want to insult him by going with an online trainer, but I feel like I need help... especially to bring it to the next level for next year. I'm hoping we can come to an agreement by the time the next diet rolls around.

sbfigure
07-07-2009, 01:36 PM
hey steph, i was at the garden state show.. my boyfriend competed and wont the novice lightheavies... anywho... you looked great up there. great stage presence!!!you WERQ'D it girl! congrats. and best of luck to you in the offseason. i totally feel ya on the weight gain. im trying to cope with my offseason weight gain-- its horrible. it seems like everyweek im going up another pant size climbing closer to the "fat jean section" of my closet... *tear* this sport can def. be a mind fxck, but you'll get use to it.. :)

NPCfigure
07-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey Steph, Just catching up reading your journal. Looking forward to following along. 11 more days to go...sorry your not competiting:( But looking forward to meeting you :)

I am fighting a bad sinus infection...sux the big one. Broke down and went to doc for meds today. She seems to think I can kick this by Sat...then peak week begins!

Hope your workout was great today! See ya next week!

Melissa
07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
So I had an OK workout Thursday night (hams, glutes, 60 min cardio). Too many things on my mind, stemming from my personal life so while I felt it could have been better, it was still a decent effort.

Friday I was still feeling pretty crappy, but still made it there for 90 minutes on the stepmill and felt better afterward. I didn't workout Saturday and Sunday. I feel guilty now, but part of me is glad I got the break (just not the carb overload I indulged in on Sunday). :( I don't even want to get on a scale anytime soon... By Saturday night, I pretty much decided I didn't think I could keep dieting to show up looking good for the Empire States on the 18th. Mentally I need a break and honestly, I just want to EAT! I am, however, still attending the event and helping the promoter with whatever he needs help with that day... so that should still be fun! I feel so much less pressure now. :)

Weekend was low-key, but fun... No bbq's or anything like that. Saturday we did outlet shopping and saw Transformers 2 at night. Yesterday we went water tubing in the Delaware River... Then last night we went to a thai restaurant for dinner (total straight up cheat - pineapple chicken fried rice, served in a hollow pineapple shell!). Later on, I made the protein pumpkin muffin recipe that I found in last month's M&F Hers (pics to be posted in the "muscle meals" section later!) Man was it good!

I've got my head re-focused today and definitely ready to get on an official off-season type diet. I want to build some muscle damnit!! :)

-----
Bre: Ouch! Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the ex. Jon is amazing and I trust that he knows what he's doing; not to mention that my best interest is one of his top priorities... however, we tend to get into disagreements about diet and nutrition, so sometimes I don't feel it's the best idea. I don't want to insult him by going with an online trainer, but I feel like I need help... especially to bring it to the next level for next year. I'm hoping we can come to an agreement by the time the next diet rolls around.

Glad you listened to your body on this one! It's easy to forget that contest prep should be fun (relatively speaking). If you're feeling pressured to do yet another show simply b/c other people suggest that you do it or because you're afraid of the offseason, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. You've accomplished your goals for this year AND you've improved, so sometimes it's best to take that for what it is and move on to the next stage of prepping....the offseason.

You sound like you really do enjoy lifting, so do just that in the offseason...have fun with it!

stephaniewicked
07-10-2009, 12:21 AM
So my friend from work (who also lifts) joined my gym tonight. Her trainer blew her off and she had been meaning to join for a while and she finally did. I now have a lifting partner!!!! :D

We both hit personal records on the leg press and squats. I'm already feeling it... so very excited to see how far we can push each other the next few months. I'm determined to build more muscle and look even better next year!!

Also, started carb cycling on Monday. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about not having my 1/4 cup oats every morning, but so far I'm managing just fine. I'm doing zero starchy carbs everyday, except Wednesday and Saturday... I hope I can stick to it and see some improvements.

I have the day off tomorrow. I'm spending it at the beach with my friend who I haven't seen since November... I sooooooo need this! :) I've got my walden farms bbq sauce chicken in the oven now and I bought 100-cal packs of unsalted almonds to bring with me, in addition to a shake. I'll eat breakfast at home, so that should hold me over pretty well until dinnertime!

In other news, I had a filling come out yesterday and had to schedule an emergency appointment with the dentist this afternoon. What a baby! LOL. I didn't want him to come near me until I was SURE I was numb. I have a high pain threshold (tooth pain NOT included) and it usually takes a large amount of painkillers for anything to kick in... I got 2 shots of novacaine and still felt it a bit, but he wouldn't give me more. :( I did get a ducky sticker for "being a good patient" (even though I wasn't!) hah..

--
Samantha - Total mindfxck, but I'm so glad I'm not alone in these crazy thoughts and feelings!

Jill - 9 more days!!!! I can't wait to meet you! I'll have my camera, so be ready for pics!! ;)

Melissa - I'm loving your offseason journal. I've been reading it every couple of days and feeling so much more "normal" for being able to relate to alot of the things you think/say. And you're completely right... if I'm not doing it for the right reasons, then I shouldn't be doing it. I feel much more at ease now, knowing that I can have a little bit more flexibility with my diet, yet still eating mostly clean and definitely keeping the protein intake high!

LisaRD23
07-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey Girl...I so wish I could spend the weekend at the beach!! I was thinking of staying down by Toms River after the show tomorrow and go to the beach on Sunday, but the Husband has a Baseball game (he plays & coaches) at 11am on Sunday. So we're driving back home Saturday night.

Off season should be fun!! Once fall comes and you don't mind the extra "fluff" too much you can increase those calories/carbs a bit for even more muscle gains.

Northman
07-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Drex - You aren't knocking anyone! :) Before I prepared for my shows this year, I ate mostly clean and trained 5 days a week and maintained between 112-115lbs (I competed at 105-107). I was at a healthy weight, not too fluffy, etc... but I think that after doing shows, I have developed this new anticipated fear of what I may look like if I'm not "dieting" and it scares me...

I wish I could afford a contest prep coach, though even if I wanted to, my BF is strongly against me hiring one. He's a personal trainer and bodybuilder so he thinks I shouldn't spend the money because he knows what he's doing... It isn't that I don't trust him (he does his own prep, so that's proof enough for me!), but we get into way too many arguments over diet as it is currently... I think it would be good for me to work with a knowledgable coach who isn't so close to me... *sigh* :( I want to take things to the next level and I don't know if I can do it alone. I just wish I had the support to do what I feel is necessary to be successful...

Prep coaches aren't bad in price if you know who to ask, I just got 8 weeks for 200 bucks.

stephaniewicked
07-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm so bad about writing in this thing... I need more hours in a day to do all the things I want and need to do (don't we all??)

Aside from work, I haven't been doing too much with my summer aside from the obvious (training!) After school ended in June, I thought I'd be doing so much more with my free time, but it just feels good not to be rushing around Mon-Fri and to have a little bit more time to myself. It helps keep me balanced and sane!

I vended for Alli's Slim Pickins (www.allisslimpickins.com) at the NPC Empire States this past Saturday and had so much fun! I was originally going to do the show (until my July 4th weekend diet meltdown), but it ended up working out for the best. It was fun to be part of a show from a different perspective and I was happy to promote Alli's yummilicious muffins!

Training's been going well. My motivation and lifts have been up since I got my head out of diet mode. In all honesty though, I'm not really eating too much differently than when I was on the diet either, except for one or two cheats a week and a little bit more carbs. I think it's just the removal of the added pressure of the thought of "dieting". Is that weird? Either way, I feel great so that's all that matters! :)

Melissa
08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey Steph, just checkin' in to see how your offseason is going...

hautemamatotwo
08-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Just started a journal, trying to read up on a few others!! Good luck with ur offseason, I've been "fat" 2 summers in a row!! Ugh.

IslandGirl
08-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi Stephanie. Just wanted to peek in and say hello.

stephaniewicked
09-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey Melissa, Hautemama + Tracy - Thanks for stopping in! :wavey:

Man, am I bad at keeping up with this thing or what?

Anyway, I feel like I'm in full swing of "off season" mode... Last time I weighed myself (last month sometime), I was up 10 lbs from contest weight. I know it's normal and expected, but I was really hoping I would have a little more control over the gain. Oh well, this is how the game is played, right? :dunno: I just keep telling myself that the end result next spring is going to be well worth the fluff I'm currently sporting.

Speaking of next spring, I *finally* found and hired a contest prep coach to help bring out the badassness and I'm SO excited to begin working together... Now that it's pretty much all official and shizzle, I'm so freakin' happy to announce that I'll be working with TammyP!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

We'll be doing a little off-season work before I trim down for Junior USAs! Can't wait to get started in a few weeks!

tammyp
09-10-2009, 06:12 PM
cant wait either girl! its gonna be a great union!:)

Tracy Dawn
09-10-2009, 10:04 PM
YEAHHHH for u steph!!! Now you HAVE to keep this thing updated and let us all know what Tammy does for u!!!!

SallyAnne
09-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey! I'm IN! I love badass booties.

tammyp
09-11-2009, 06:12 AM
steph...id like to see your diet and training for a week to see where were starting....so when ever you can get that off to me....or post it here:)

LisaRD23
09-11-2009, 09:46 AM
That's GREAT!!! Sounds like working with Tammy is going to be fun :yep:

Depending on your progress, do you think you'll consider switching over to figure for 2010 season?

stephaniewicked
09-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks, girls... I'll def do my best to be better about posting!

Lisa - Not sure about figure yet... haven't thought that far ahead. I explained to Tammy about my ideal physique, so I trust she will help me get there. For now, I'm just focused on seeing how I do at Junior USAs. I'll see what happens from there...

No training today... My grandma got taken to the ER late last night. She went to the doctor complaining of pain in her leg that was there for more than a week. He instructed her to go to the ER immediately. They did a sonogram and determined that she has several blog clots in her left leg. They said if she didn't get admitted to the hospital last night, she probably would have died!! :( She's now on blood thinners and she's been getting injections in her stomach, which are supposed to help break up the clot, but they're keeping her for a few days to keep an eye on her progress... so I spent the day at the hospital with her and my family and I'm going back tomorrow. So drained right now. Just hoping that she's okay and gets to go home in a few days...

Ass and quads are on fire from Thursday night's workout still... love it!!

stephaniewicked
09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Quick update because I have to get in the shower and go run some errands before the stores close AND get back in time to catch the premier of CSI: Miami...

Grandma's better! She was in the hospital for 4 days and returned to work today. Thank god they caught it in time!

Weekend was pretty good... I vended at a USBF show on Saturday for Dymatize and had a great time. My good friend and training partner was also with me, which made the day fly by.

I'm going to try to start posting my workouts. I've been hesitant to do so because I don't lift as heavy as most people here and I don't feel like being looked down upon for it, but I'm challenging myself and I can't improve if I don't know what my mistakes are, so hopefully I can keep up with this and not be quite so lazy about posting.

I can't believe I never used to work chest! It's become one of my favorite lifting days...

Tonight: chest/back, little bit of abs

T-bar Rows
1x20, 3x15 ~ no additional weight

Lat Pulldowns
1x20 ~ 50lbs
1x12 ~ 60lbs
2x12 ~ 50lbs

DB Chest Presses
3x15 ~ 20lbs
1x12 ~ 25lbs

One-arm DB Rows
3x15 ~ 20lbs
1x9 ~ 25lbs

Incline DB Presses
4x6 ~ 25lbs

Flyes (machine)
3x12 ~ 40lbs
1x12 ~ 50lbs

Seated Rows
4x15 ~ 40lbs
I have a difficult time maintaining good form when I go heavy on these, so I concentrate on not hunching over and squeezing my back with each rep.

Push-ups
3x15

Hanging Leg Raises ~ 40
Decline Crunches ~ 30

Assisted Pull-ups
Just threw these in at the end... did a set of 6 or 7.

Cardio: Stepmill ~ 30 minutes

NPCfigure
09-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey Steph! Just popping in! Workout looked good. Glad your Grandma is better :)

stephaniewicked
09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks, Jill! How are you doing, girl?? :)

Tonight: legs!

Leg Press
1x20 ~ 135lbs
3x8 ~ 225lbs

Single-leg presses (on the assisted pull-up machine)
3x15 ~ 120lbs

Squats
4x12 ~ 65lbs

Deadlifts
4x12 ~ 65lbs

Seated Calf Raises
4x15 ~ 45# plate (not sure how much that is total)

Hip Abductor
3x30 ~ 30lbs
I like to go lighter on these and do higher reps, squeezing my glutes tight on each rep.

Hyperextensions
4x15 ~ 10lbs
I usually hold a 25# plate, but this was my last exercise and legs were getting fried.

tammyp
09-23-2009, 06:07 AM
no one looks down on you girl...youve been around here long enough to know that! its individual....i suck at squats, and most people i know squat double what i do....who cares?

training looks solid...good job:)

stephaniewicked
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Really? With legs and glutes like that?? Well that made me feel a lil better... :) And it's just my hidden insecurity showing itself a bit... I'll get over it. Thanks, T! ;)

tammyp
09-23-2009, 10:59 AM
its how much you look like you can lift. lol.

stephaniewicked
09-23-2009, 11:13 AM

LOL, true. I think, unfortunately, that I'm still on the end of the spectrum where I can lift more than I look like I can. In a way it's cool because I think I surprise people when they find out I love lifting, but on the other end, I want people to look at me and KNOW that I lift. I'm confident that I'm in good hands though, so one day... one day... I have lots of time to make such dreams come true! ;)

stephaniewicked
09-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Tonight: bis/tris

Straightbar Pushdowns
1x30 ~ 40lbs
1x15 ~ 50lbs
1x12 ~ 60lbs
1x10 ~ 70lbs

Single-arm bicep curls (cable)
3x12 ~ 20lbs
1x8 ~ 25lbs

???
1x20 ~ 25lbs
1x15 ~ 35lbs
1x12 ~ 45lbs
1x10 ~ 50lbs
I have no idea what to call this one. My training partner showed me this move that her trainer showed her last weekend. It's on the cable machine using the split rope. You have to stand a few feet away from the machine, bend at a 90 degree angle, keep your arms straight and pull the rope down towards your sides. It works the lats and rear delts. I know it isn't a bi or tri move, but I was excited to just try it out, so I threw it in today.

Split-rope pushdowns
2x15 ~ 35lbs

Assisted dips
4x8

Single-arm tricep extensions (cable)
3x15 ~ 20lbs
1x10 ~ 25lbs

Straight-bar curls (cable)
1x12 ~ 60lbs
1x12 ~ 50lbs
2x12 ~ 45lbs

Close-grip bench press
1x20 ~ 30lbs
2x15 ~ 30lbs

BB curls
3x15 ~ 30lbs

figurebre
09-24-2009, 12:32 AM
so whats next for you?

tammyp
09-24-2009, 08:19 AM
are you around this weekend? i need pics woman!

stephaniewicked
09-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Bre ~ Junior USAs!

T ~ I know, I'm on it this weekend - promise!

shankuan
09-24-2009, 11:52 AM

I am ALWAYS telling the fat fellas in my gym this...the ones that make this tremndous amount of noise and think it means squat when they'd be better off on a TM for an hr!

NPCfigure
09-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Hey Steph! Doing great! Just home from a workout with PJ, HOLY CRAP!!! I am sore!!! Workouts look good.....

The new move you learned sounds like a cable straight arm pull down with rope attachment! (I did these today :) )

stephaniewicked
09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
I am ALWAYS telling the fat fellas in my gym this...the ones that make this tremndous amount of noise and think it means squat when they'd be better off on a TM for an hr!

I put my headphones on so I don't have to listen to them! ;)

The new move you learned sounds like a cable straight arm pull down with rope attachment! (I did these today :) )

Yes, that's it... except we used the split rope! THANK YOU!! I felt silly for not knowing exactly what to call it. ;)

How are you? Planning any upcoming shows??

Northman
09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Grats on getting a nutritionist, by the looks of it Tammy is gonna be rough on ya by looking at her physique.

I did it just recently and it helps keep you on track alot!

NPCfigure
09-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I put my headphones on so I don't have to listen to them! ;)

Yes, that's it... except we used the split rope! THANK YOU!! I felt silly for not knowing exactly what to call it. ;)

How are you? Planning any upcoming shows??

So far so good! :) Not too much going on, on this end.... I would like to do a show in 2010. I want to qualify for a national show. Not sure which show I would like to do/be ready for. I am going to leave that up to "the boss", LOL, my coach and see what he says. Right now we are going to focus on building. I need me some delts big time! ;)

stephaniewicked
09-26-2009, 05:11 PM
So far so good! :) Not too much going on, on this end.... I would like to do a show in 2010. I want to qualify for a national show. Not sure which show I would like to do/be ready for. I am going to leave that up to "the boss", LOL, my coach and see what he says. Right now we are going to focus on building. I need me some delts big time! ;)

Just keep at it... you're on the right path already! And I hear you about those shoulders... you and me both, girl!!

Legs

Deadlifts
1x30 ~ 35lbs (warm up)
3x12 ~ 65lbs

Leg Press
1x20 ~ 135lbs
3x8 ~ 225lbs

Lying Leg Curls
1x15 ~ 40lbs
1x15 ~ 30lbs
1x12 ~30
1x6 ~ 30lbs (single leg)

Seated Calf Raises
4x15 ~ 45# plate

Single-leg pushdowns (on the assisted pull-up machine)
1x12 ~ 120lbs
1x12 ~ 130lbs
1x10 ~ 140lbs

Extensions
2x12 ~ 90lbs
2x12 ~ 80lbs

Hip Abductor
3x30 ~ 35lbs

Hyperextensions
1x20 ~ bodyweight
1x15 ~ 10lbs
2x15 ~ 25lbs

Hanging leg raises
3x15

Cardio ~ 30 min, treadmill

tammyp
09-26-2009, 05:43 PM
your workouts are solid steph. looking really good. pics?????:)

stephaniewicked
09-26-2009, 06:03 PM
your workouts are solid steph. looking really good. pics?????:)

thank you... at least i can get THAT much right! lol.

JUST sent them to you, actually! ;)

stephaniewicked
09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
What a crappy day... rain, bleh! I need sunshine in my life!! I was slow to get moving this morning, but once I was ready to get out of bed and face the gloomy day, my energy levels rose. Did my laundry, got my workout in, now time to shower and relax!

Today: shoulders, abs

Side lat raises
1x20 ~ 7.5lbs (warm up)
3x15 ~ 7.5lbs

DB shoulder press
1x15 ~ 12.5lbs
3x10 ~ 20lbs

BB shoulder press
4x10 ~ 30lbs

Bent over BB rows
3x15 ~ 30lbs

W Presses
3x12 ~ 12.5lbs

DB Upright Rows
4x15 ~ 7.5lbs
I used to use BBs for this, but my wrist would click in a weird way from the angle, so I started using DBs.

Split Rope Crunches
2x30 ~ 40lbs
2x20 ~ 50lbs

Cardio ~ 30 min, step mill

twainiac
09-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Just read through your previous entries. I just wanted to say that I'll be following along and wanted to wish you good luck with all of your goals...looks like you are definitely on your way.

stephaniewicked
09-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Just read through your previous entries. I just wanted to say that I'll be following along and wanted to wish you good luck with all of your goals...looks like you are definitely on your way.

Hey, thanks so much! You have a journal? I'm gonna go check that out. I apologize in advance though... I'm soooooo bad at keeping up with these things! :o

Monday - chest and back

Trained with my figure friend AnnMarie. Pretty decent workout!

Tuesday - off

One of my best friends was moving cross-country today, so I took a night off to go hang with her while she finished packing and so that I could say goodbye... :(

Tonite - legs, little bit of abs

Leg Press
1x20 ~ 135lbs
1x12 ~ 225lbs
2x8 ~ 275lbs
2x8 ~ 225lbs

Squats
1x12 ~ 65lbs
3x8 ~ 95lbs

Lunges
3x12 ~ 30lbs
Haven't done these in a while; Working on adding them into leg day more!

Single-leg Pushdowns (assisted pull-up machine)
1x8 ~ 140lbs
1x10 ~ 130lbs
1x12 ~ 120lbs

Extensions
1x12 ~ 90lbs
2x12 ~ 70lbs

Single-leg Extensions
3x10 ~ 30lbs

Assisted Pull-ups
3x12
Just felt like throwing these in!

Calf Presses
4x15 ~ 110lbs

Split-Rope Cable Crunches
2x20 ~ 45lbs

Hanging Leg Raises
3x15

Gotta go check on my chicken and sweet potatoes, then shower, then KIMBO fights tonight!!!!

kungfuprincess007
09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Your trainings looking good. Post some pics.

stephaniewicked
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Your trainings looking good. Post some pics.

Thanks, girl! No pics for a while... I'm in "chunky" mode. :(

kungfuprincess007
09-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks, girl! No pics for a while... I'm in "chunky" mode. :(

Yeah right. Probably skinnier than me.

tammyp
10-01-2009, 06:03 AM
yeah real chunky!

have you offically started yet?

stephaniewicked
10-01-2009, 08:16 AM
yeah real chunky!

have you offically started yet?

I *feel* like it... :(

Yeah I went shopping Sun night and Monday to get all the stuff. I feel like I've been cooking more now than I was on my prep, lol. Next week I'll do it all in one shot so I don't have to cook again mid-week. That was my own fault.

Loving it so far though. I was nervous it was too much food at first, but it's perfect and I look forward to each meal! :)

tammyp
10-01-2009, 08:45 AM
its not alot of cals really..its just quality food and you can get alot of it. gald you like it!

i hear ya on the chunky ....:)

Melissa
10-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Hey Steph!
Just getting caught up on your journal. So glad to hear you hooked up with Tammy for your offseason....you two will make a great team! Good luck in the offseason, ENJOY IT! I look forward to following your progress.:)

stephaniewicked
10-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Melissa - Thanks, girl! I'm still checking in your journal every couple of days. 6 weeks to go! I feel like you were just counting down the days until your prep started!! Can't wait to see you rock it on the BB stage!

I did arms last night. I'm too lazy to post the actual workouts though. :emb: This is the part of journaling that I'm worst with! I did hit a PR though... out of 5 sets of straight-arm pushdowns (started at 50lbs/12 reps and worked my way up in weight and down in reps), I did my final 2 sets - 5 reps/80lbs!

Tonight is shoulders. My training partner and I haven't worked out together in a few weeks, so I'm excited. Her trainer put her through a brutal delt workout on Wednesday night, so she promised to share it with me so I can wreak havoc on my own, poor, lagging shoulders this evening.

Tomorrow is legs again, then I'm off Sunday and Monday because Jon and I are going to Atlantic City! Almost two years together and this will be our first getaway! Things have been stressful and up and down the last few months, which we've been trying to work on. In addition, we've each had issues with family and such, so I think it will be a much-needed break from work, stress and everything else to just spend some time together.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

NPCfigure
10-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Enjoy AC Steph!! Bet on blk 9 for me!!!

MsGuns
10-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey Dirty Jersey...enjoy AC!

stephaniewicked
10-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Enjoy AC Steph!! Bet on blk 9 for me!!!

Thanks, Jill! I don't know if I'm going near the roulette table, unless it's to watch Jon. I'm boring... I play slots! LOL.

Hey Dirty Jersey...enjoy AC!

Sexy Drexy! Thanks, girl!! How's prep going?

stephaniewicked
10-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Back from AC and totally not mentally back to reality! I always suffer from post-vacation depression so I'm feeling a little sad today while I try to get back into my normal routine...

We got really lucky for our first little getaway... the weather was GORGEOUS - not too hot, not too cold, clear skies and sunny all 3 days which made it nice to walk around on the boardwalk. Did a little bit of gambling (only slots though - I can't mess with the tables). I hit a few times and used my winnings as pocket money for the trip, so I ended up not having to take extra money out of the ATM which was also sweet! The whole thing was very long overdue and much-needed! :) I've attached a couple of pics... We lucked out by going during the week too. Our room was on the 36th floor at Ballys with an oceanside view. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

My meals were pretty bad for a few days, but I'm glad to be back on a diet and training schedule. I was really tired last night, but met with my training partner for a cardio session... hit the stepmill for 45 minutes. It felt good to break a sweat and get back on the road to un-doing whatever damage I did to myself the last few days.

Tonight is chest and back, with a little bit of cardio.

tammyp
10-07-2009, 04:34 PM
glad you had fun! i have never been to AC. looks like the weather was great.

stephaniewicked
10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
glad you had fun! i have never been to AC. looks like the weather was great.

YEAH, so much fun! We really needed a break from reality... I think it helped us re-prioritize and re-focus and just forget about the stresses of life for a couple days.

When you texted on Sunday night, we were actually at the buffet so I was feeling a lil guilty... :emb: I take my dieting very seriously when I'm training for a show though, so I know it was just a little bump and something I wouldn't ever do if I was in prep mode so figured I'd enjoy now since I won't be doing such indulging a few months from now. :)

tammyp
10-08-2009, 06:02 AM
its off season! pre contest...whole diff ball game. you gotta enjoy your self off season....sometimes!

stephaniewicked
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Such a good weekend! I *love* this time of year!! Pumpkin picking, leaves changing color, sleeping with the window open... it's the best! Got a pumpkin this weekend... didn't carve it yet though. Maybe next weekend!

I keep forgetting today is Columbus Day because we aren't one of the lucky businesses that is closed. Got alot to do at work though, so as long as I'm busy the day will fly and I will be on my way to another night at the gym! Feeling good energy today...

I'm finally getting back into a system with prepping my meals on Sundays and felt so accomplished to get that, along with all my laundry and cleaning done early yesterday. I met my training partner for legs and cardio and was proud of my progress. Leg strength was feeling weak not too long ago, but it seems to be coming back.

I won't list the entire workout, but worth mentioning are:

Leg Press
20x135lbs
15x225lbs
2x12 ~ 225lbs
2x6 ~ 315lbs

Squats
15x65lbs
2x12 ~ 95lbs

Super Squat Machine
2x12 ~ 95lbs

Walking Lunges
3x20 ~ 40lb BB

I just got a pair of lifting straps too, which has made a tremendous difference with DLs, so I'm excited to start making some progress there too. My hams are a big weakness!

Tonight - chest, back and cardio!

NPCfigure
10-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey Steph!!!! Workouts looking good! Hope you had a good weekend! Love the AC pictures. I miss the Jersey shore :(

tammyp
10-12-2009, 05:48 PM
glad to hear things are good! good training to btw.

stephaniewicked
10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Jill ~ Thanks! The weather was gorgeous... we really lucked out on the days we picked to go!

Tammy ~ Thanks, loving the diet so far!

--
GRRRRR. I just wrote a long blog entry, just to lose it. I hate when that shxt happens! Let's try this again...

Things are going really well so far! I feel great... lots of energy, lots of strength. I *feel* like a chunky monkey, but that aside, I honestly have to say that I don't think I *look* as chubby as I actually feel. When I look in the mirror, I see the same frame that I had a few months ago when I was dieted down... it's just slightly larger. I'm not a different shape though. I'm not round and I haven't turned into a blob. I've simply added weight that has been evenly distributed across my frame, which is pretty much what's supposed to happen during a gaining cycle... isn't it? For that, I can not say that I'm upset. I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Everyone says to "enjoy the process", so I'm trying to do just that: remain positive, enjoy eating, enjoy training and enjoy the improvements I'm (hopefully) making!

35 more minutes til I'm out of work and on my way to train... it's legs again tonight!

NPCfigure
10-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Jill ~ Thanks! The weather was gorgeous... we really lucked out on the days we picked to go!

Tammy ~ Thanks, loving the diet so far!

--
GRRRRR. I just wrote a long blog entry, just to lose it. I hate when that shxt happens! Let's try this again...

Things are going really well so far! I feel great... lots of energy, lots of strength. I *feel* like a chunky monkey, but that aside, I honestly have to say that I don't think I *look* as chubby as I actually feel. When I look in the mirror, I see the same frame that I had a few months ago when I was dieted down... it's just slightly larger. I'm not a different shape though. I'm not round and I haven't turned into a blob. I've simply added weight that has been evenly distributed across my frame, which is pretty much what's supposed to happen during a gaining cycle... isn't it? For that, I can not say that I'm upset. I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Everyone says to "enjoy the process", so I'm trying to do just that: remain positive, enjoy eating, enjoy training and enjoy the improvements I'm (hopefully) making!

35 more minutes til I'm out of work and on my way to train... it's legs again tonight!

Good post, and a GREAT attitude!!! I'm going to get me some of that too ;) I did legs today also! Have a great session!

IslandGirl
10-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey Steph! How ya doing? Where did you order your lifting straps from? I just ordered some pink ones from APT and matching wrist wraps too. lol I love my pink.

Great workouts. Keep them going girl!

stephaniewicked
10-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Jill ~ Yeah, I'm trying to do that whole positive attitude thing. It's all new to me, but there's something strangely powerful about ditching the negative thinking! :p

Tracy ~ Hey doll, thanks for stopping in! How are you?? My bf had an extra pair of straps so he gave them to me. I can't remember what kind they are, but they have some padding and they totally rock! Mine are black, but I'd love pink... they'd match my lifting gloves too! Maybe I'll look into that for my next pair!! ;)

--
So it's 7.30am on a Sunday and I'm awake... completely unheard of! I was supposed to be participating in the American Cancer Society walk.a.thon today but it's been raining for 4 days straight and it's completely cold and miserable outside. I set the alarm, but when I got up I just decided I couldn't do it. On top of it, I've had a migraine since yesterday that refuses to disappear and I don't feel like being out in this mess. I feel so guilty that women are fighting for their lives and I can't even pull myself out of bed to walk... but I did donate money if that counts?? :(

Yesterday was shoulders, abs and cardio. Today I have legs again. I've been wanting to incorporate glute-ham raises into my routine, but we don't have a machine at my gym. I was researching and youtubing videos until late last night trying to figure out another way to make it work. I think I might be able to use the lat pulldown machine. I'm going to try to rig it later. *crosses fingers*

Melissa
10-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Hey girl! Check out the APT website (www.prowristraps.com). I got pink and black wrist straps from them, and you can even customize them if you want. The ones I have also have the same padding on them that your bf's probably have. I loooooooooove them. Been lurkin around here and keeping up on your offseason. Glad things are going well for you!

stephaniewicked
10-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey girl! Check out the APT website (www.prowristraps.com (http://www.prowristraps.com)). I got pink and black wrist straps from them, and you can even customize them if you want. The ones I have also have the same padding on them that your bf's probably have. I loooooooooove them. Been lurkin around here and keeping up on your offseason. Glad things are going well for you!

Hey sweets! I check APT's site every so often. My birthday is a week before Christmas, so I'm thinking I may have a few "wish list" items from here this year! :)

Thanks for the support... I've been reading your journal as well. So excited for you. Less than a month to go! I'll be there and so excited to see you rock the BB stage on the 14th!

sexydoc
10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
aww Steph,
You are super sweet!! I was just reading your blog the other day, but didnt quote get through it completely hehe :) And then I read this entire journal!
And I remember going, oh this is what I want to look like, before going to the comp! But I have such a longggg way to go. Honestly, my body holds ALL its fat in the legs. Thighs, glutes and calves, you name it lol. That's kinda why I stopped doing squats and Lunges, because I knew that I need lots of cardio first because all the fat was still covering the muscle and my thighs got HUGE! lol.
But honestly, I think now I m going to add legs too, because that way I'll be doing both the things simultaneously or do you reccomend just doing lots of cardio for the next 6 weeks? Or what do you think? I'll be stalking your journal ofcourse... Is there any records on your blog to when you began doing this, because I didnt get to that point yet and it would be nice to see what you did when you were a beginner like me :) I am really exciteD! Hope you are having a joyyyyous sunday :D

sexydoc
10-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Steph you been silent! how are you?

tammyp
10-22-2009, 06:09 AM
hows things steph? whats the progress report?

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Jill ~ Yeah, I'm trying to do that whole positive attitude thing. It's all new to me, but there's something strangely powerful about ditching the negative thinking! :p

Tracy ~ Hey doll, thanks for stopping in! How are you?? My bf had an extra pair of straps so he gave them to me. I can't remember what kind they are, but they have some padding and they totally rock! Mine are black, but I'd love pink... they'd match my lifting gloves too! Maybe I'll look into that for my next pair!! ;)

--
So it's 7.30am on a Sunday and I'm awake... completely unheard of! I was supposed to be participating in the American Cancer Society walk.a.thon today but it's been raining for 4 days straight and it's completely cold and miserable outside. I set the alarm, but when I got up I just decided I couldn't do it. On top of it, I've had a migraine since yesterday that refuses to disappear and I don't feel like being out in this mess. I feel so guilty that women are fighting for their lives and I can't even pull myself out of bed to walk... but I did donate money if that counts?? :(

Yesterday was shoulders, abs and cardio. Today I have legs again. I've been wanting to incorporate glute-ham raises into my routine, but we don't have a machine at my gym. I was researching and youtubing videos until late last night trying to figure out another way to make it work. I think I might be able to use the lat pulldown machine. I'm going to try to rig it later. *crosses fingers*

I've done them this way.. only not unassisted... my trainer was right there as well we put a fixed barbell out in front of me to sort of lean down onto... because until you've built up that muscle its hard to do them unassisted and not face plant yourself... I've never worked up to doing them without that barbell (those short ones already set up for poundage, I am sure there is an official name :) I just don't know it like fixed barbell or something) but while I still had the BB in front of me as I went down... i learned to focus and use the muscle to pull myself back up and the BB just became something that was there for the way down and in case I couldn't pull up..

if this makes ANY sense....

stephaniewicked
10-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Hey girls! Sorry, been really busy. Didn't mean to go all MIA. Updates to come soon... have to hurry and shower because CSI: Miami is coming on soon and I still have to finish cooking and putting my laundry away...

But I wanted to post real quick about the personal best I hit tonight. I always start my leg workouts on the leg press: one warm-up set, one medium set, then hit 3-4 heavy ones and another medium one to finish it off.

Anyway, my "heavy" sets tonight consisted of 3x12 ~ 315lbs. I was only able to do 3 plates per side for 6 reps a couple weeks back and I finally made it for double the reps so I was fairly pleased with that outcome. :)

partsRheavy
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Congrats on that big leg press!!!

sexydoc
10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Gotta love Leg Press!
But I gotta get away from the machine and do the real thing.. Man do I miss the USA now!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the finest of the equipments and...etc.. lol

stephaniewicked
10-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Congrats on that big leg press!!!

Thanks... probably peanuts for most people, but it's another step forward for me! :)

Gotta love Leg Press!
But I gotta get away from the machine and do the real thing.. Man do I miss the USA now!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the finest of the equipments and...etc.. lol

Hey Pri! How long are you gone for? Yeah, the real leg press is so much better than the machine, though the machine saved my life when I hurt my back a couple months ago and had to lay off the angle of the plate-loading leg press for a while. As long as you're getting those workouts in, that's all that matters... keep it up, girl! ;)

--
So I've been having trouble putting some of my meals down lately. I've been substituting with some shakes to try and get all my protein in, but I know that isn't enough. I emailed Tammy yesterday and she gave me a very friendly verbal kick in the booty, so now I'm finding myself forcing them down whether I want them or not. Thanks, T! :) Is it weird that I'm actually looking forward to dieting again??

Off to do chest, back and cardio. Chopped is on Food Network at 10pm and I hate missing it!

stephaniewicked
12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
No time for a real update as I'm getting ready to go rock chest/back, but I'm excited to say I got my room for Junior Nats. Whooooo! 6 months til Chicago!!