PDA

View Full Version : OFfseason cheating

Jaredmus
06-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Just curious in the offseason how much do you guys cheat? HOW MANY meals per week?

B7emm
06-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Chinese buffet once a week on Sunday with the family. I love egg roles. now I'm hungry thanks lol.

TigerUpperCut
07-03-2009, 01:01 AM
whenever i want it, just usually no sweets

The Big Sexy
07-03-2009, 02:07 AM
I really don't cheat... I mean, I have some steak several nights a week. Really don't have a desire to cheat.

Oh, I have a protein bar every now and again - they taste awesome.

Palumbos Boy
07-03-2009, 05:58 AM
I really don't cheat... I mean, I have some steak several nights a week. Really don't have a desire to cheat.

Oh, I have a protein bar every now and again - they taste awesome.

You should CHEAT to REV your Metabolism UP and kick off your T3 levels again

Shadow
07-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Depends on the cravings. It's off-season, so I'm not really gonna deny myself anything. I don't ever crave sweets or anything of that sort, so that's a plus. But I do sometimes want some physique unfriendly items from time to time. So it can range from one cheat meal a day, to just one on the weekend.

Mirko Cro Cop
07-03-2009, 02:51 PM
I normally have 1-2 cheat meals a week on the off season as i'm very poor at resisting temptation.

Then after them I feel like absolute crap and regret them.

billytrainer
07-03-2009, 06:46 PM
i knew itd be you posting this jared!! LOL... BUSTED!!!!!!

Im mostly clean offseason...Id say 85% of the time... at work & whenever I can I bring my diet foods with me, saving cheat meals for goin out to dinner etc... maybe 2-3 meals a week or so tops post contest... a few more in the winter....then cutting back slowly again closer to prep time...

figurebre
08-01-2009, 10:10 PM
I really try not to cheat.
Sometimes I slip up..and eat poptarts....or a cookie.
But for the most part I eat clean. If I crave sweets, then I will eat some fruit.
I am 5 weeks post competition and still avoiding really naughty foods.

AVBG
08-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Off season cheating? The term doesn't make sense to me..

Keeping in mind the OFF Season is when you're off the diet.

Frosty
08-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Follow the 10% rule. Don't eat off the diet more than 10% and you'll get good results. That means you gotta eat good at least 90% of the time. If you eat 8 times a day that's 56 meals a week. This means you can eat 5 meals a week that aren't quite on the diet and still get pretty much the same results assuming you aren't going nuts.

Alex The Great
08-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I dont really cheat per say. I usually find a food or snack that I can make healthy to some degree and eat that. Like whole grain pretzels and natty pb or theres this one pizza place that makes this lite pizza. I havent order it yet but im prob gona give it a shot today or tomorrow. They make it with a whole grain crust and part skim low fat mozzerella cheese. You can get it with or without sauce and any topping. They also dont use any oils or sugar in their sauces or dough. So ill prob just get a large pie with broccoli and grilled chicken. Wow I think im def about to order that. lol.

babybull
08-02-2009, 02:11 PM
I agree with the 90/10 rule.

For me its 1 cheat meal a week or one cheat evening. So I might start at 7pm and cheat till 10pm...once a week. Im also not competing but trying to look like I could.

figurebre
08-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Follow the 10% rule. Don't eat off the diet more than 10% and you'll get good results. That means you gotta eat good at least 90% of the time. If you eat 8 times a day that's 56 meals a week. This means you can eat 5 meals a week that aren't quite on the diet and still get pretty much the same results assuming you aren't going nuts.

I like that rule. I hope its true. That means I would get 5 bad meals a week....and I definately dont do that so I am doing pretty darn good :popcorn:

The Big Sexy
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
You should CHEAT to REV your Metabolism UP and kick off your T3 levels again

Yeah, since I have posted that - I do go out and eat something. Of course, every Sunday is high carb day which is 1000g of carbs... so, I don't know that I NEED a cheat meal to rev my metabolism up LOL

Frosty
08-03-2009, 12:15 AM
I like that rule. I hope its true. That means I would get 5 bad meals a week....and I definately dont do that so I am doing pretty darn good :popcorn:

Well keep in mind 5 "bad" meals doesn't mean 5 visits to the all-you-can-eat buffet per week :) I mean like for me if I had two McDoubles for a meal instead of the normal that's no big deal if I did that here and there on an off-season diet.

capone1153
08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
For me its 1 cheat meal a week or one cheat evening. So I might start at 7pm and cheat till 10pm...once a week.

same over here, varies from 5 - 9ish or 7- 10ish dependin on whats going on. includes 1 dinner out, some ice cream and assorted candy/chips.. usually i go to bed more full than i would like to.

babybull
08-03-2009, 02:58 PM
same over here, varies from 5 - 9ish or 7- 10ish dependin on whats going on. includes 1 dinner out, some ice cream and assorted candy/chips.. usually i go to bed more full than i would like to.

This is exactly what I normaly do..lol. Always dinner out, than dessert/junk.....and then server stomach discomfort and bed!

LisaRD23
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I work full time so Mon-Friday I pack all my meals and pretty much stay clear of any extras.

Friday night & the weekend I have a more relaxed approach. No measuring, no syaing "i can't have" and just making sure I get in enough protein. Either Sat or Sun we go to a resturant for either breakfast or dinner.

I think the key to off season is being able to enjoy yourself without being gluttonous about it.

BLUEBARON75
09-03-2009, 07:58 PM
its good to cheat on an offseason diet to get big. i dont really cheat. i just eat clean with not a whole lot of sweets. i love strawberrys though.