PDA

View Full Version : Coach K Not going to Lakers

Goodfellas
06-30-2009, 08:00 PM
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) -- Mike Krzyzewski made it clear: He's not ever going to coach the Los Angeles Lakers.

During his annual summer meeting with reporters Tuesday, one of the first topics covered by the Duke coach was the simmering buzz that had him leaving the Blue Devils for the Lakers if Phil Jackson retires.

"I'm not going to the Lakers. They have one of the great coaches in the game," Krzyzewski said. "I don't know where that rumor started, but there has been nothing done like that, and I'm not leaving Duke. Whatever you hear about anything like that, I will never leave Duke until I leave coaching."

Recent reports fueled the latest round of Krzyzewski-to-the-Lakers chatter. Jackson had raised the possibility of coaching just home games next season and when that proposal was shot down it raised questions about Jackson's future with the club. Five years ago, Krzyzewski was courted by the storied franchise before he ultimately turned down a reported $40 million offer and stayed at Duke.

BK
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Why would He?

Goodfellas
07-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Why would He?

His name always pops up every couple years or so and the media reports he may go yet he never does.