PDA

View Full Version : help! coming off keto diet after contest, and resting for a month

raging pitbull
07-01-2009, 01:28 PM
how do i taper off the keto diet and not get in to contest rebound? keep in mind that im taking a month off from any sort of training bec i have tendidnitis in my elbow and both knees are not in good shape.

Scoobysnacks
07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
how do i taper off the keto diet and not get in to contest rebound? keep in mind that im taking a month off from any sort of training bec i have tendidnitis in my elbow and both knees are not in good shape.

If not training, are you walking or doing anything active? If so id do pwo carbs and id do carbs in the morning while keeping the same format as your keto diet. Start with 40-50 grams morning and 40-50 grams after some sort of activity. Then add the rest from green veggies and then add as needed based on your weight goals and level of leanness.

If you are a formula guy there are a few that float around. Ive seen add back 1 x LBM or .75 x LBM spread over meal 1, pwo and ppwo. Since you arent working out my earlier suggestion may be best to maintain weight until you can get back to it.